steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Analysis on Alabama and Clemson's Teams Next Season

For all you fellow dedicated college football fans interesting, early analysis on Alabama and Clemson's teams for next season:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2017/01/c...s-his-opinion/

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Thanks! I was hoping for something like that.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Alabama has a nice cozy schedule after their opener against Florida State in 2017. The only difficult games they have are away games against A&M and Auburn. They get Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee and LSU at home. With their talent level, Alabama has a very good short at making the playoffs once again.

Clemson is a different story. They will host Auburn on 9/9 and a week later go to Louisville. They finish September at Virginia Tech. They also host Ga. Tech and Florida State later in the year. With the loss of Watson and others, it is questionable at best if Clemson can return to the Playoffs to defend their Championship.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

The man charged with the unenviable task of trying to replace one of the most accomplished quarterbacks in college football history has officially been identified.

Upon the completion of spring practice earlier this year, Dabo Swinney stated that, if Clemson “played a game today, Kelly (Bryant) would be the” starting quarterback. Fast-forward a little over four months, and Bryant is indeed the guy who will replace Deshaun Watson under center for the reigning national champions.

The announcement from the Tigers is the culmination of what had been a three-way fight for the job, but the head coach also seemingly left the door slightly ajar for the competition to, at least, bleed into the early part of the 2017 season.

“He has earned it and I am proud of him. It has been a great competition, but this part is over,” Swinney said in quotes distributed by the team. “[Redshirt freshman] Zerrick Cooper is the number-two quarterback, but [freshman] Hunter Johnson is right there. We hope to get all three quarterbacks experience in the first part of the season.”

A junior, Bryant has played in 12 games and exactly 100 snaps. In that time, he has completed 13-of-18 passes for 75 yards and a touchdown. He’s added 35 carries for 178 yards and another three scores.

Redshirt sophomore Tucker Israel, who wasn’t even a part of the unofficial competition, is the only other quarterback on the roster who has thrown a pass at the collegiate level (four attempts last season).

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

DAVIE — Cordrea Tankersley was scrolling Facebook on Tuesday evening, when something surprising popped up on his feed.

“It said that the Dolphins had traded for Stephone (Anthony),” Tankersley, a Miami rookie, recalled Wednesday. “I said, “What?” I clicked on it and then I knew he was coming. I was so excited to see him back in my locker room all over again. It seems like he’s ecstatic to be here. I’m glad he’s here.”

Anthony, acquired from the New Orleans Saints, is the fourth member of the Dolphins defense that played at Clemson.

Defensive end Andre Branch and cornerback Byron Maxwell were also standouts for the Tigers.

“All three of them texted me,” Anthony said. “‘Welcome, family. Welcome home.’ It’s all love.”

Maxwell left Clemson in 2011, Branch in 2012, Anthony in 2015 and Tankersley in 2017.

All four have played for Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who coined the phrase, “Bring your own guts!” and led the Tigers to the 2016 national championship game and victory over Alabama at the 2017 national championship.