goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Lets end the playoff talk

It doesnt matter if its penn state, ohio state, michigan, washington. Clemson wins their matchup and Alabama wins against their opponent. Clemson then beats alabama. Save the discussion, no more threads needed the other two teams are just there for practice before the national championship.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Ohio State beats Clemson, Bama vs. Ohio State Championship Game

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Ohio State beats Clemson, Bama vs. Ohio State Championship Game
    No way
    Have you seen Alabama's players?!?!?
    They are like Giants on roids!
    Total mis-match for any team

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    No way
    Have you seen Alabama's players?!?!?
    They are like Giants on roids!
    Total mis-match for any team
    No way to what? I think you meant to quote OP.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Really? Clemson is not the Clemson from last year. If that fcker from NCSU could have just made a FG then we would be good. People talk about Washington's OOC schedule, but Clemson played no one either. Oh my bad, barely beat Auburn, and a shit South Carolina team. I think Michigan would wax them, just like OSU will. Time shall tell. They wouldn't be in my top 4, that's for damn sure.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 12-04-16 at 12:29 AM.

Cuse0323

I do agree we should end the talk. Everyone has their opinions.

Post your tickets, and put your money where your mouth is. Period.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I do agree we should end the talk. Everyone has their opinions.

Post your tickets, and put your money where your mouth is. Period.
    Why? Its not fair. And at this point is a bullshit national championship. Its ruining college football. Not helping it.

Cuse0323

Why what? Not sure your point. You don't like the Playoff system, and would rather have Bama play whoever the computer picks? Which would be fun this year.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    No way to what? I think you meant to quote OP.
    No way for Ohio beating Alabama
    Alabama is winning the title.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Alabama, Clemson & Ohio State seem to be locks. Three with still a chance are Michigan, Penn State & Washington.
    Face it, of all the contenders Wahington U. is from the only state stupid enough to vote for Clinton so I say
    leave them out. Penn State or Michigan for #4. My guess Penn State conference winner and victor of Ohio State.

Clemson is weak, Ohio State has the best chance to beat Alabama. Southern Cal righted the ship and
    may be the 2nd best team in the country right now.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Clemson and Ohio State are both frauds and they play each other.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Penn State may be the 3rd best team in the nation but they are damned if they
    get in and damned if the don't. If they don't make it it's the Rose Bowl and Southern Cal
    probably the 2nd best team & if they do get in they will face Alabama.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

2013 bcs national championship game Alabama 42 Norte dame 14
    Ohio state vs Oregon
    Ohio 42 Oregon 20...

These games are complete jokes the competition is shit anyone who thinks otherwise is high should just end this national title shit joke and go back to the way it was you will never be able to structure and have a clear champion of all college football even if it's awarded it's a joke these teams are not on the even playing field a PAC 12 team will never win it's stupid stupid stupid the best players want to go to the top schools with the best chance of being recruited. And you have a group of people picking the match ups fukin joke
    The committee "the committee" gay as hell. All for profit and ratings dumbest idea as far as real football match ups are concerned and everyone knows it

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Clemson? Ohio state? This is one year I am not excited about the playoffs because Alabama is the most dominant team in college football by a long shot .

Clemson barely gets by troy , should have lost to nc state if the field goal kicker wasn't a choker, loses to pittsburgh? Ohio state loses to penn state , barely gets by northwestern and michigan state. Alabama just crushed everyone but ole miss and was just fantastic against the spread. They crush USC,Auburn,Florida,Tenn. and pretty much everyone

What a dominant year
    Last edited by gregm; 12-04-16 at 01:42 AM.

pilebuck13

Watch everyone get all hyped about the huskies then see just how out of there league they are in

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    2013 bcs national championship game Alabama 42 Norte dame 14
    Ohio state vs Oregon
    Ohio 42 Oregon 20...

These games are complete jokes the competition is shit anyone who thinks otherwise is high should just end this national title shit joke and go back to the way it was you will never be able to structure and have a clear champion of all college football even if it's awarded it's a joke these teams are not on the even playing field a PAC 12 team will never win it's stupid stupid stupid the best players want to go to the top schools with the best chance of being recruited. And you have a group of people picking the match ups fukin joke
    The committee "the committee" gay as hell. All for profit and ratings dumbest idea as far as real football match ups are concerned and everyone knows it
    Not sure what you mean about going to how it used to be. Just number 1 in the polls, or BCS?

No one complains about NCAAB. The best team doesn't always win. One bad game, and you're done. You need a series like the NBA to really see who is the best. You can't do that with football unfortunately, so there's no perfect system out there.

This year is a perfect indicator for the need of an 8 team playoff. In my opinion. I think most would agree that it would be the 4 most likely in, along with Michigan, PSU, Oklahoma, and USC. Western Michigan would be the odd man out with a gripe, but those 8 would be solid. It would be fun to watch, and just add another week of betting, and revenue for the corrupt NCAA.

KnockEmDown
    KnockEmDown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2085

Watch everyone get all hyped about the huskies then see just how out of there league they are in
    I think the Huskies are about a year ahead of schedule. QB is only a sophomore and this is Pete's 3rd year. On the flip side, this could be the best Alabama defense that Nick has had. Only slight weakness could be a freshman QB making freshman mistakes in a clutch situation. More times than not though theses games are complete mismatches so let's just give the trophy to Bama so we don't have to watch the impending ass whooping and save everyone's time and money. RTR! 89 National Championships n counting! Suck it ya'll.

pilebuck13

Not sure what you mean about going to how it used to be. Just number 1 in the polls, or BCS?

No one complains about NCAAB. The best team doesn't always win. One bad game, and you're done. You need a series like the NBA to really see who is the best. You can't do that with football unfortunately, so there's no perfect system out there.

This year is a perfect indicator for the need of an 8 team playoff. In my opinion. I think most would agree that it would be the 4 most likely in, along with Michigan, PSU, Oklahoma, and USC. Western Michigan would be the odd man out with a gripe, but those 8 would be solid. It would be fun to watch, and just add another week of betting, and revenue for the corrupt NCAA.
    Cuse it's a desperate attempt to boost ratings and make money it's a joke

Cuse0323

Cuse it's a desperate attempt to boost ratings and make money it's a joke
    I agree. The NCAA is a complete joke, and entity that only cares about money, not student athletes or fairness. If they did the whole damn SEC would be investigated. Along with plenty of other schools. Closer to WWE, than true sports.

pilebuck13

I agree. The NCAA is a complete joke, and entity that only cares about money, not student athletes or fairness. If they did the whole damn SEC would be investigated. Along with plenty of other schools. Closer to WWE, than true sports.

KnockEmDown
    KnockEmDown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2085

Cuse, if there were 8 teams you let the mid major champ in plus all other 5 champs. 2 wildcards. OSU and then maybe a FSU, SC, or UM. Fun times

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by KnockEmDown View Post
    Cuse, if there were 8 teams you let the mid major champ in plus all other 5 champs. 2 wildcards. OSU and then maybe a FSU, SC, or UM. Fun times
    I don't know. I'd say it's clear who the best 8 teams are this year. No FSU. I guess you could put in WMU, then chuck a B1G team. But, if you have 8 then I think OSU, PSU, and Michigan all would make it. Then you have your Champs, along with PSU. Oklahoma, Washington, Bama, Clemson. Add in USC, or spurn them for WMU. It would be fun, especially this year. One or two teams are always gonna be pissed.

In the end, I don't really mind just 4. This year just happens to seem perfect for 8. I'll live regardless. Just sports, though I'll be pissed if Washington gets screwed. Maybe they should stop this division crap, so the best teams make it in the Championship game. VaTech had no business in there. There's just no perfect answer.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Screw Ohio State...they've used the sympathy ploy two times over the past three years...the committee needs to send them packing...win your damn conference and don't reward teams who are sitting home on Championship Saturday

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If I were the one picking the four, I'd leave out Clemson for losing to a 20-point underdog at home and nearly losing to another one, but everyone knows that's not happening. The decision is whether Washington or Penn State make it. No one else is in the picture. If the committee takes only one team from the Big Ten and it's Ohio State, you might as well disband all the conferences everywhere.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

4 best teams there

worked out again

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    No way for Ohio beating Alabama
    Alabama is winning the title.
    I never said they would. I said Bama vs. Ohio State will be Championship Game.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7283

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Screw Ohio State...they've used the sympathy ploy two times over the past three years...the committee needs to send them packing...win your damn conference and don't reward teams who are sitting home on Championship Saturday
    Clueless retard post.
    OSU has the best resume. 2 ROAD wins over 2 top 8 teams. No one -even Bama has that.
    Win over a top 3 team.

The committee cannot reward a team for scheduling Idaho, Portland, Rutgers.
    If Oklahoma played Idaho instead of Houston/OSU they would be #4, not Washington.
    And as conference titles go, teams do NOT play the same teams.
    OSU played Wisconsin/ Nebraska in the regular season Penn state played NW/Iowa.
    The metrics say only 4% of teams would be 11-1 playing OSU's schedule. Only Bama would be 11-1 or 12-0 against that schedule.
    You reward teams for playing competition. Penn st. beat no one on the road -same as Michigan.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no controversy again

all teams with zero or one loss

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Clemson and Ohio State are both frauds and they play each other.
    I do wish this were an 8 team playoff so I could back the dog against either.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Everyone fell for the Media ploy BS again, just like Clinton is a Lock
    Schedule has shit to do with it , it's just brought up as a ploy.
    This committees first and foremost agenda is money .
    Washington will bring in more ratings than Penn Freaking State.
    The reason for mainly Conference Champs is to get the different TV Markets, big markets , watching not that they're Champs hence the fact Ohio State is in before their Champ and the 1 team that beat them .
    Alabama gets you the Southern market
    Ohio State , Northern market
    Clemson, South / Northeast market
    Now you have Penn State / Washington / Michigan left , right ?
    The north is covered , Ohio State is in .
    Who's watching out West / Pacific northwest without Washington ? Some but not what the money needs to be
    Washington is in to get the entire country and TV Markets tuned in .
    Money and markets run this BS
    I'll be amazed if Washington is left out and leave out an entire portion of the country's TV Market and an entire conference ( Pac 12 ) that would cut into this cash cow
    Just my opinion on it

RM Logic

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I do wish this were an 8 team playoff so I could back the dog against either.
    Maybe Clemson.
    Meyer is like 12-1 against the spread in playoff and
    league championship games.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Maybe Clemson.
    Meyer is like 12-1 against the spread in playoff and
    league championship games.
    Good point about Meyer, it would be hard to go against him with so much time to prepare. I still think they would likely overpriced though.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

If Alabama doesn't win the national title I will be happy

RM Logic

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Good point about Meyer, it would be hard to go against him with so much time to prepare. I still think they would likely overpriced though.
    Not an OSU fan but if they are an underdog to Clemson I will be on OSU.
    Meyer is 10-0 ATS as a dog.
    Clemson's defense has been shaky all year and let a sorry VT team score 35 last nite.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Not an OSU fan but if they are an underdog to Clemson I will be on OSU.
    Meyer is 10-0 ATS as a dog.
    Clemson's defense has been shaky all year and let a sorry VT team score 35 last nite.
    They will be -3, -3.5 against Clemson.

12 Last