gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

changing coaches mid-season

i have LSU and Purdue at 4-0 ATS since canning their HC's.

seems like no-brainer ATS strategy and i thought that before they got rid of their coaches. i have read elsewhere that's its not big winning ATS strategy (nfl and other sports) but don't have huge confidence in those observations.

anyone have other names the past few years they can add to this list.. and then i'd update the ATS results.

thx in advance

gojetsgomoxies

i guess USC twice and not sure if i'd want to include perhaps Minnesota?? UCF recently??......... not that common in NCAAF. probably more pro sports.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

It's a pretty dumb move. Seems teams pretty much roll over more times than not. Often happens when a team has been clobbered with injuries and doesn't have much left in the tank.

A coach is generally going to get fired after a really bad game and then they are going to play better the next week which makes it seem like they are playing harder. After that, very unlikely to get anything more out of a team.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    It's a pretty dumb move. Seems teams pretty much roll over more times than not. Often happens when a team has been clobbered with injuries and doesn't have much left in the tank.

A coach is generally going to get fired after a really bad game and then they are going to play better the next week which makes it seem like they are playing harder. After that, very unlikely to get anything more out of a team.
    i wouldn't play them for very long i agree............ but does the market properly adjust for that 1 to 3 game surge they get? basically i think alot of negative energy is gone and the players are super happy and carefree. i agree a few games later some of the same problems may be back.

in the nba i can think of all kinds of situations - many non-coaching related - where a team goes on a tear after "addition by subtraction"... josh smith/detroit comes to mind prominently