daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Texas is ranked 37th overall in recruiting now

Below teams like Rutgers, Iowa State, Western Michigan, Duke, Houston and Northwestern.

probably not getting any better. Recruits trending away due to coaching uncertainty. Texas is in trouble

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tough spot, players don't know who coach is gonna be, and lots of in state competion

not surprised, especially since Majority of CCS recruiting connections are in Florida

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Where do they go from here??

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

You never go full getting beat by Rutgers. PSU is going to steal their 4th best recruit, so that may help.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

That is interesting. A lot of players that had signed with Baylor decided to sign with Texas. He has had two Top 10 recruiting classes back to back from what I have heard. He has two big soph RBs, a young defense and a fresh QB that looks like he will be very good. Things are looking pretty good for Charlie if he can survive this year. They should be pretty tough next year.

Good chance he lasts another year since he is getting $5 million, they are paying Brown $5 million and would have to pay the new coach $5 million. Paying $15 million for the head coach is giving up the Longhorn Network.

Herman not looking as good after losses to SMU and Navy. They don't sign up for that at Texas.
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Buffalo Nickle 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

I just got done saying this: With a no-nonsense coach like Strong, if he stays, this could be for the better. The 4 and 5 star catered-to primadonnas don't fit his style.

The old Utahs and Boises did it this way with a no BS coach, strong recruits at QB and RB, and the rest of the team a bunch of 2s and 3s that you could actually coach up.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

And what the hell is wrong with these high recruits committing to WMich? Do they really think PJ Fleck is going to stay??

Highly unlikely. 2 years from now, they're going to be stuck in Kalamazoo, MI with an inferior coach.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48