Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Mac's Early Leans - 2016

Another year another season of football. It's that time of the year, Football is back baby.

I'll use this thread to post up my initial leanings towards a play and then lock and load it later when it becomes a bet.

Tonight leans... You know I hate Thursday college football where bullshit happens, so I most likely won't lock any of these up but I do like the dogs to bite.

Charlotte +38.5 at Louisville
    Tulane +16.5 at Wake Forest <--- This could be an upset
    Rice +16.5 at W Kentucky <--- This could be an upset
    USC/Vandy Under 41
    Oregon St +12.5 at Minny

Friday Leans...

Temple -15 vs army
    Stanford -14.5 vs Kansas St I love this game. I think Stanford runs a choo choo train on KSU in this one. This will most likely be my ** Hammer pick of the week.

Mac4Lyfe

I like Tennessee -21 vs App State but damn these Thursday night CFB games.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5662

I'll tail you as follows:

Tulane +16.5 1u
    Tulane ML (+530) 0.5u

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    I'll tail you as follows:

Tulane +16.5 1u
    Tulane ML (+530) 0.5u

Wassup Conqueror? I really liked Tulane +16.5 (the line has dropped to 14 now) and I do like App State 1st quarter and Tennessee 2nd half but damn these Thursday games suck for betting. I haven't added any games to my official plays but I've put a very little bit of money on the following for shit's n giggles.

Football - 135 Charlotte +38½ -108 for Game
    Football - 135 Charlotte +15300 for Game
    Football - 135 Charlotte +24 -110 for 1st Half
    Football - 137 Tulane +14 -103 for Game
    Football - 137 Tulane +470 for Game
    Football - 137 Tulane +8 -110 for 1st Half
    Football - 137 Tulane +340 for 1st Half
    Football - 139 Rice +18 -108 for Game
    Football - 139 Rice +690 for Game
    Football - 141 South Carolina/Vanderbilt under 40½ -108 for Game
    Football - 190 Tennessee U -20½ -132 buying 1 for Game
    Football - 189 Appalachian St +13½ -110 for 1st Half

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, Charlotte looks like shit. down 21-0 in the first quarter. UL should cover easily.

Mac4Lyfe

App State goes up 7-0 on Tennessee... Rocky Flop.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: russellm9

Mac4Lyfe

First 2 plays of the season...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Football - 152 Stanford -14 -127 buying 1½ for Game
    2 Football - 152 Stanford -8 -115 buying ½ for 1st Half
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kansas State's defense is very good. Fast linebackers that can cover McCaffrey out of the backfield and a stout defensive line and great defensive backs. It's their offense that I think will be their undoing. Stanford should wear and wear them out until they wilt in the 2nd half. I see a close first half but Stanford will out scheme them to cover the 1st half and then pound them into oblivion in the 2nd half.

Mac4Lyfe

Well me like a dummy took an awful line on Stanford and it bites me in the ass. Fukking David Shaw decides to not go for 2 up 12 with 2 minutes in the game. This bitch obviously never went to Stanford. Stanford was rolling in the first half and this bastard benches his QB that was 10 for 10. You can't make this shit up.

Early morning play on the Ramblinwreck in Dublin, Ireland. The crowd will get a kick out of the Wishbone on the Blarney. Then HTOWN will represent against SpongeBob Stupidpants. I think UH has a great shot at winning this game. Sprinkle a lil on the ML as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 Football - 153 Georgia Tech -130 for 1st Half
    4 Football - 198 Houston U +7 -105 for 1st Half
    5 Football - 198 Houston U +12½ -108 for Game
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac4Lyfe

Added plays - 2 bolded
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6 Football - 155 Hawaii +25 -115 for 1st Half
    7 Football - 157 Miami Ohio +15 -110 for 1st Half
    8 Football - 157 Miami Ohio +27½ -108 for Game
    9 Football - 161 Bowling Green +17 -115 for 1st Half
    10 Football - 161 Bowling Green +27½ -108 for Game
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Hawaii to come out strong with a game already under their belts. UM might struggle with timing on offense which could lead to a couple stalled drives which is all you need with this high line.

I really like Bowling Green and their offense. Their Oline is young but good skill positions. OSU breaking in a bunch of new guys that never bodes well in an opener.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 09-03-16 at 08:49 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

Added Plays - 1 bolded
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    11 Football - 163 Kent team total over 6 -130 for 2nd Half
    12 Football - 177 Louisiana Tech +9 -115 for 2nd Half
    13 Football - 202 Alabama -7 +100 for 1st Half

Mac4Lyfe

Badges.. We don't need know stinking badges.

Take Texas, fukk the points.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    14 Football - 210 Texas +170 for Game
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Mac4Lyfe

Week 1 results...

1 Football - 152 Stanford -14 -127 buying 1½ for Game
    2 Football - 152 Stanford -8 -115 buying ½ for 1st Half
    3 Football - 153 Georgia Tech -130 for 1st Half
    4 Football - 198 Houston U +7 -105 for 1st Half
    5 Football - 198 Houston U +12½ -108 for Game

6 Football - 155 Hawaii +25 -115 for 1st Half
    7 Football - 157 Miami Ohio +15 -110 for 1st Half

8 Football - 157 Miami Ohio +27½ -108 for Game
    9 Football - 161 Bowling Green +17 -115 for 1st Half
    10 Football - 161 Bowling Green +27½ -108 for Game
    11 Football - 163 Kent team total over 6 -130 for 2nd Half
    12 Football - 177 Louisiana Tech +9 -115 for 2nd Half
    13 Football - 202 Alabama -7 +100 for 1st Half
    14 Football - 210 Texas +170 for Game

8-6 (57%)
    1-3 (25%) on Bolded plays

Tough first week. Stanford coach brain farted the 2nd half of the game and blew the cover. Up 12 with 2 minutes in the game this idiot kicks the extra point instead of going for 2. Who does that? Hawaii never got off the plane, Bowling Green looked like dog shit and Kent forgot there's a forward pass. I had great reads on GT and Alabama. Houston and Texas winning straight up ML helped my bank roll.

Mac4Lyfe

This weeks leans...

Florida International +10.5 over Maryland - FIU was very pass happy against Indiana. I expect them to settle down, run the rock more and give Maryland a battle. I was not impressed with Maryland beating up a horrible Howard team. FIU won't have a home field advantage even though the game is in Miami. There's a lot of MD fans down south and lot of players that are from Florida on the MD team. That alone tells me that FIU will play with an edge and keep it close.

Louisville -14.5 at Syracuse - This looks like a joke line. UL is much more improved and should win this by 3 TDs easily. The 2 things stopping me from hammering this line is that it's in that damn dome and it's a Friday night where bullshit happens.

UMass +16.5 vs BC - It's very hard to tell who the real BC is. They looked mediocre on offense against GT but not sure techs defense is just real good or BC offense bad. UMass offense is putrid but their defense is okay. This should be a low scoring game where the under 39 looks attractive but catching all these points in a low scoring snooze fest is a gift.

Army -10 vs Rice - Everytime I want to believe in Rice they look like horseshit. Army really impressed me against Temple. Their defensive speed was shocking and it is hard to gameplan for this offense with just a week. I'm taking Army right now as I do not believe in Rice traveling for an early start.

UCF +35.5 at Michigan - Come on. This is waaay too many points for a UCF team that always plays good defense. This is an overreaction line for sure as this should be somewhat close. I also love the under 54.5

UL Monroe +46.5 at Oklahoma - another overreaction as people think OU will bounce back. UL Monroe is a gutsy bunch that typically have quality players that couldn't qualify into LSU, Bama, OM, etc. I wish this was an early start where OU would be sleepwalking but still too many points for an OU offense that didn't look very powerful.

Akron +24 at Wisky - This could be the Pepto Bismo UPSET of the week. Wisky reading their press over a defunct LSU while Akron can put up points. Terry Bowden can still coach and you better believe they've been practicing for Wisky the past 2 weeks. I also like the Over 45 in what may be a back and forth affair.

UTEP +28.5 at Texas - another possible let down spot. UT still celebrating on a short week always spells slow start. UTEP can move the ball and UT still find ways to make stupid errors. I'll most likely ride UTEP on a first half bet.

Florida -16.5 vs Kentucky - There's few things certain in life and UF kicking UK's ass in football is one of them. Even when UF's offense sucks monkey nuts, they somehow find a way to lay the wood to UK. Nothing should tell you to back a poor to awful UF offense but like death and taxes, UK is in for an ass kicking.

These games jump at me thus far. I'll lock and load as I get more information.

Mac4Lyfe

Week 2 CFB

I'm locked and loaded on these plays already. 1 BOLDED
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    15 Football - 310 Army -6½ -110 for 1st Half
    16 Football - 310 Army -10 -108 for Game
    17 Football - 313 Central Florida +35 -101 selling ½ for Game
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Do you ever win any money? You chase way too much to be a successful gambler. I do hope you learned your lesson about the stupidity of buying points. If you are so unsure about the outcome of a game that you have to buy points to feel comfortable about it, you should not be wagering on that game. I also suggest that you look long and hard at some of the games that you are leaning on....Too late. Army is 1-10 ATS coming off a Double Diget ATS win and 0-2 both S/U and ATS against Rice in the past two seasons. Why would you give 10 points and take a team that has won 11 games in the past 4 years,l and gone 3-7 ATS as a Home Favorite during that time? You really have to take your time and research your games. Believe me, there is certainly no rush to judgement here.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 09-07-16 at 07:32 PM.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This weeks leans...

Florida International +10.5 over Maryland - FIU was very pass happy against Indiana. I expect them to settle down, run the rock more and give Maryland a battle. I was not impressed with Maryland beating up a horrible Howard team. FIU won't have a home field advantage even though the game is in Miami. There's a lot of MD fans down south and lot of players that are from Florida on the MD team. That alone tells me that FIU will play with an edge and keep it close.

Louisville -14.5 at Syracuse - This looks like a joke line. UL is much more improved and should win this by 3 TDs easily. The 2 things stopping me from hammering this line is that it's in that damn dome and it's a Friday night where bullshit happens.

UMass +16.5 vs BC - It's very hard to tell who the real BC is. They looked mediocre on offense against GT but not sure techs defense is just real good or BC offense bad. UMass offense is putrid but their defense is okay. This should be a low scoring game where the under 39 looks attractive but catching all these points in a low scoring snooze fest is a gift.

Army -10 vs Rice - Everytime I want to believe in Rice they look like horseshit. Army really impressed me against Temple. Their defensive speed was shocking and it is hard to gameplan for this offense with just a week. I'm taking Army right now as I do not believe in Rice traveling for an early start.

UCF +35.5 at Michigan - Come on. This is waaay too many points for a UCF team that always plays good defense. This is an overreaction line for sure as this should be somewhat close. I also love the under 54.5

UL Monroe +46.5 at Oklahoma - another overreaction as people think OU will bounce back. UL Monroe is a gutsy bunch that typically have quality players that couldn't qualify into LSU, Bama, OM, etc. I wish this was an early start where OU would be sleepwalking but still too many points for an OU offense that didn't look very powerful.

Akron +24 at Wisky - This could be the Pepto Bismo UPSET of the week. Wisky reading their press over a defunct LSU while Akron can put up points. Terry Bowden can still coach and you better believe they've been practicing for Wisky the past 2 weeks. I also like the Over 45 in what may be a back and forth affair.

UTEP +28.5 at Texas - another possible let down spot. UT still celebrating on a short week always spells slow start. UTEP can move the ball and UT still find ways to make stupid errors. I'll most likely ride UTEP on a first half bet.

Florida -16.5 vs Kentucky - There's few things certain in life and UF kicking UK's ass in football is one of them. Even when UF's offense sucks monkey nuts, they somehow find a way to lay the wood to UK. Nothing should tell you to back a poor to awful UF offense but like death and taxes, UK is in for an ass kicking.

These games jump at me thus far. I'll lock and load as I get more information.
    i was also looking at louisville & UTEP.. 2 good games. BOL this wekeend mac

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Do you ever win any money? You chase way too much to be a successful gambler. I do hope you learned your lesson about the stupidity of buying points. If you are so unsure about the outcome of a game that you have to buy points to feel comfortable about it, you should not be wagering on that game. I also suggest that you look long and hard at some of the games that you are leaning on....Too late. Army is 1-10 ATS coming off a Double Diget ATS win and 0-2 both S/U and ATS against Rice in the past two seasons. Why would you give 10 points and take a team that has won 11 games in the past 4 years,l and gone 3-7 ATS as a Home Favorite during that time? You really have to take your time and research your games. Believe me, there is certainly no rush to judgement here.
    You can follow my threads for the last few years. I do pretty well but search for yourself. I am very good with money management. I generally make money in CFB but very up and down in the NFL. Most years I will turn a tidy profit. My bolded plays usually hit at a high clip. Feel free to add commentary. I'm a big boy and don't mind the ridicule.

I've looked long and hard at Army. I don't care they are 1-10 ats off a double digit win. I know what my eyes tell me and they impressed me. I know Rice very well as I live in Houston, know several kids on the team and have a good pulse on their mindset. I could be totally dead wrong and end up losing but this race is not won by the swift but those that can endure... BOL BigDaddy.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    i was also looking at louisville & UTEP.. 2 good games. BOL this wekeend mac
    Hold off on UL right now JD. The more I look at this line the more I see a fukking trap. If the line goes up to 16 then it's a play. If it stays at 14.5 or goes to 14, don't touch it with Kapernicks dick.

Mac4Lyfe

You chase way too much to be a successful gambler.
    What do you mean by me chasing too much? I usually have a few plays in the morning, afternoon and evening sessions. I'll bet Live bets in game but I don't add them in this thread. I will put 2nd half lines if I see an opening but usually I'm looking at the games in advance. I'll buy points and give points depending on the situation. Stanford was just a horrible call. I bought into a bad line that kicked my ass in the end. I didn't see that coming but that's why it's gambling.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You can follow my threads for the last few years. I do pretty well but search for yourself. I am very good with money management. I generally make money in CFB but very up and down in the NFL. Most years I will turn a tidy profit. My bolded plays usually hit at a high clip. Feel free to add commentary. I'm a big boy and don't mind the ridicule.

I've looked long and hard at Army. I don't care they are 1-10 ats off a double digit win. I know what my eyes tell me and they impressed me. I know Rice very well as I live in Houston, know several kids on the team and have a good pulse on their mindset. I could be totally dead wrong and end up losing but this race is not won by the swift but those that can endure... BOL BigDaddy.
    I certainly agree with your assessment that the race being run by those who can endure, and for the most part, I like your style, even if you do buy points, which any successful pro gambler will tell you is a waste of money. The problem in here is that 90% of those who post do so just to see their names on a computer. They do NOT wager. They simply cannot afford to wager. Let me make a stipulation here. If your average wager is less than $50.00 you do NOT wager. You seem to take wagering seriously. That being the case, you really should study under some pros out there who will teach you all of the tricks of the trade. I will tell you one little trick the books love to use. No matter how attractive a wager may look, the books will NEVER allow you to make a wager unless the odds favor the book. Rule #2. Do not look at what other people do. Your post about the Lousiville game is a perfect example. Telling people to play Louisville if the line goes up, but not to if it remains the same. You are depending on other people to make a decision for you. Remember that over 87% of those people are losers. Wager according to the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams involved, NOT what the line may or may not do. Study up on the term "Bait and Switch". It makes pros a lot of money. I hope that helps you.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The line in the Louisville-Syracuse game is 14 1/2 and has not budged in just about every store in Vegas. Very little action shown for a Friday Night game so far.

Mac4Lyfe

The line in the Louisville-Syracuse game is 14 1/2 and has not budged in just about every store in Vegas. Very little action shown for a Friday Night game so far.
    Most action is on UL and the line is not budging which tells me that Cuse is most likely the play. Line play is definitely not the sole determinator but I'm always cautious when bettors are favoring one team but the line's not moving.

Army/Rice game is down to -8.5. That's not a good sign for Army but I still like them.

Mac4Lyfe

I certainly agree with your assessment that the race being run by those who can endure, and for the most part, I like your style, even if you do buy points, which any successful pro gambler will tell you is a waste of money. The problem in here is that 90% of those who post do so just to see their names on a computer. They do NOT wager. They simply cannot afford to wager. Let me make a stipulation here. If your average wager is less than $50.00 you do NOT wager. You seem to take wagering seriously. That being the case, you really should study under some pros out there who will teach you all of the tricks of the trade. I will tell you one little trick the books love to use. No matter how attractive a wager may look, the books will NEVER allow you to make a wager unless the odds favor the book. Rule #2. Do not look at what other people do. Your post about the Lousiville game is a perfect example. Telling people to play Louisville if the line goes up, but not to if it remains the same. You are depending on other people to make a decision for you. Remember that over 87% of those people are losers. Wager according to the strengths and weaknesses of the two teams involved, NOT what the line may or may not do. Study up on the term "Bait and Switch". It makes pros a lot of money. I hope that helps you.
    I take money very serious. I'm always open to learning and have been schooled many times, so I know I don't know anything about anything. I don't just look at Strengths and weaknesses of the two teams, I look at intangibles like travel, crowd, motivation, injury/banged up, referees, weather, etc., etc. On paper UL should win this game by 3 TDs but human nature especially with college kids tell me that they might be looking ahead to FSU plus disregarding how tough it is to play in that damn dome.

Mac4Lyfe

Added CFB plays
    18 Football - 378 Nebraska -24½ -108 for Game
    19 Football - 378 Nebraska -14 -133 buying ½ for 1st Half

Nebraska will most likely cover this spread by halftime. Wyoming overvalued with their win over N Illinois. Nebraska will totally control the ball in this one and put a beating on these cowboys. Look for a great 2nd half line in this one as Wyoming will be gassed in the end. I'm curious what Wyoming team total will be as I don't expect them to put up more than 10 points.

Mac4Lyfe

The NFL is here. Tonights the night. Let's get it.

NFL plays
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Football - 451 Carolina Panthers -2½ -105 for 1st Half
    Football - 473 NYG Giants +1 -108 for Game
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Carolina should be motivated to start off strong. Denver may sputter out of the gate. NYG will probably be favorites by kickoff so best to get a line now.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Mac, great to see you back for another season........ love your great insight
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave gojetsgomoxies 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I like the Zips + the points! They lost some studs on defense. They got off to a rough start last week against VMI. OVER might be a good play.They righted the ship and looked much better late. A real stretch to win, but we are playing Whisky at the right time. My hometown. GL
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ZINISTER 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    Mac, great to see you back for another season........ love your great insight
    GJGM - Good to see you man. I hope all is well and you're loving life?

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    I like the Zips + the points! They lost some studs on defense. They got off to a rough start last week against VMI. OVER might be a good play.They righted the ship and looked much better late. A real stretch to win, but we are playing Whisky at the right time. My hometown. GL
    Let's cash this bitch Zinister...

Another game I'm liking is ECU +5.5 vs NCState. ECU seems to get up against ACC teams, beating ats at a high clip.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Added CFB plays
    18 Football - 378 Nebraska -24½ -108 for Game
    19 Football - 378 Nebraska -14 -133 buying ½ for 1st Half

Nebraska will most likely cover this spread by halftime. Wyoming overvalued with their win over N Illinois. Nebraska will totally control the ball in this one and put a beating on these cowboys. Look for a great 2nd half line in this one as Wyoming will be gassed in the end. I'm curious what Wyoming team total will be as I don't expect them to put up more than 10 points.
    Huge Husker fan here but I think you might be on the wrong side of this game. Wyoming's coach Craig Bohl is the real deal. I was really hoping that Nebraska would sign him as their head coach when they fired Pelini. Bohl coached at Nebraska for 8 years. He then went to North Dakota St where he won 3 straight National Championships. This is his 3rd year at Wyoming and he SHOULD start to have the pieces that he needs to run his offense. He's a great coach. In 2013 he beat Kansas State.

Nebraska is playing very SAFE so far this year. Armstrong SHOULD be running 10-12 plays a game but with no real backup they are trying to keep him healthy. There Is no standout running back so they continue to play the 3 man rotation. I do agree that Nebraska wears them down. But I see more of a 17-10 half time score...... and 42-24 final.

My opinion.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Husker36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Good insight Husker but Bohl was a long time ago. I don't think anyone on either side is going to be real revenge motivated. NB is the better team by far especially on both lines which is what I'm playing. They should be racking up 7-8 yards a play. I expect NB to throw it a bit more which could be problematic if they turn the ball over but I don't see it. This should be a 28 - 3, 28 - 7 halftime type game and a blow out in the 2nd half.

Mac4Lyfe

I think I have a large NFL play but I'm doing more research. I have a very good inside contact that I'm in the process of verifying.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

I think I have a large NFL play but I'm doing more research. I have a very good inside contact that I'm in the process of verifying.
    lol...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    lol...
    I'm very serious...

Mac4Lyfe

NCAAF Friday night
    20 Football - 302 Florida Intl +6½ -105 for 1st Half
    21 Football - 304 Syracuse team total over 13 -110 for 1st Half
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac4Lyfe

What the fukkk FIU. Another fukking pick 6? That's their 3rd pick 6 in 5 fukkin quarters. Damn you bastards. McGough with 4 interceptions in those 5 quarters. Absolutely pathetic. Now he's hurt which might be a good thing for FIU backers.

1234 Last