beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Phill Steele..

Love the yearly publication but have not looked yet. Heard its in Stores. On radio he said Iowa at 100-1 and TCU at 50-1 were good value future plays...Anything else??

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The only problem with Steele's rag is that it is way over-priced. He takes three paragraphs to make a statement that can be done in one line. He is the same as the other rag publishers. No better. No worse.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

will probably get mine today.

all preseason anything are just toilet paper. they feed on your anticipation and they're always wrong a lot. once you get like a game into the schedule the likelihood of you ever cracking it open again goes down dramatically. still fun though.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Got it, it's informative.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    will probably get mine today.

all preseason anything are just toilet paper. they feed on your anticipation and they're always wrong a lot. once you get like a game into the schedule the likelihood of you ever cracking it open again goes down dramatically. still fun though.
    Have to disagree, the mag is great to tell how important injuries that happen over the year are. Also, Phil has a week by week subscription thing for somewhere around $100-$200 that I'm looking into this year. He breaks down the lines, injuries, everything and gives it to you. It would be a fantastic reference point to combine with solid fundamental capping IMO

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

powell i value his preseason information. but like washington to win the pac 12 north. that may be common knowledge to someone in that part of the country, but to me it's a bit of a surprise. i personally think that pick is bullshit but i'll watch out for washington this year for sure. i think stanford is an obvious pick, but realize i can't know everything.

i think that the way that steele promotes himself, he will shade towards his preseason picks so that he can prove himself right rather than actually get the games right. if you buy the package you can share your stories with us but i don't think it'll be worth it.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The only problem with Steele's rag is that it is way over-priced. He takes three paragraphs to make a statement that can be done in one line. He is the same as the other rag publishers. No better. No worse.
    Hes a millionaire and on ESPN, you jerk off into a rag. Thats the difference

muffmoolah
    muffmoolah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1273

What does being on ESPN have to do with anything? It is a simplistic reference contains a lot of of information that can be accessed relatively fast. I don't believe it is over priced at roughly $13.00 that is roughly the cost of a fast food meal.