jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He covered up sexual assaults if you support him you're a rapist

He's lucky not in jail

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Mclane stadium was built pretty quickly as well. Nice place.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Or Bowden and Fisher?
    Fisher never had to cover anything up because nothing illegal happened

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Fisher never had to cover anything up because nothing illegal happened
    ...and the Tallahassee PD takes care of that. Waco PD not as experienced and screwed it up.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Former Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe will be announced as Baylor's interim head coach for the 2016 season, according to 247 Sports.

The report adds "the remainder of Baylor's coaching staff are expected to stay intact for the 2016 season." Grobe resigned from Wake Forest in 2013 after coaching with the program since 2001. Perhaps the school realized promoting defensive coordinator Phil Bennett was the wrong move, as all eyes are on a program that handled sexual assault allegations horrendously, with the coaching staff at the center of attention. On the field, Grobe is known for his defense and producing winning programs despite possessing "lesser talent."

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Because the coach recruited a rapist that got kicked out at another school for sexual assault. He raped a Baylor girl. Girls went to Briles and told them they were raped or beat up. He took no action. Girl went to Baylor counselor and said she was raped. Counselor told the girl there had been six girls complain about sexual assault by Baylor players and nothing happened and nothing was going to happen with her either. That's a few reasons. There are more.
    Lets address each of those:

#1. Briles recruited 2 players to Baylor after they had gotten in trouble at other schools. Now, this is the US. We are a country of 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. Should players convicted of any crime against women never be allowed to play football again?

#2. Briles is the football coach. He is not the state's attorney. If a girl is raped, she needs to go to the police and the state's attorney and report. It is then up to them to prosecute. What should the football coach do? Suspend any player over any allegation, even if it's not even reported to the state's attorney? That's bs.

Art Briles is basically taking the fall for having some bad seeds on his team. Ultimately, he recruited those players, but when you got 100 players (primarily black males), you are going to have increased chances for crime. And he's getting the boot for 5% of them committing crime under his watch. To me, that does not seem right. A coach is being punished for the actions of those underneath him.

Briles job is to win football games. The State's Attorneys job is to prosecute and punish crime. The victims in this case are blaming the wrong guy. First, they need to blame their attackers. Second, they need to blame the State's Attorney for not prosecuting if they chose not too.

I don't know why any Baylor student, who was attacked on that campus, would not go directly to the police? Why would they even go to the football coach or expect him to do something?

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

This same shit happened at Notre Dame years ago, a girl ended up committing suicide over it. Everything was swept under the rug, because, well, it's Notre Dame.

http://www.care2.com/causes/notre-da...ing-raped.html

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

A girl who was depressed and had access to prescription drugs? I'm not saying I know what happened, but it's just as likely that she had sex with a football player and was an imbalanced person. Anyone can "report" anything --- that's all it is.

But if you want to presume guilty in the first place, you'll always support your conclusion, especially when no one knows the real details.

You'd have thought the Duke LaCrosse case would have taught somebody something. You need something called evidence to make accusations AND be taken seriously.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Lets address each of those:

#1. Briles recruited 2 players to Baylor after they had gotten in trouble at other schools. Now, this is the US. We are a country of 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances. Should players convicted of any crime against women never be allowed to play football again?

#2. Briles is the football coach. He is not the state's attorney. If a girl is raped, she needs to go to the police and the state's attorney and report. It is then up to them to prosecute. What should the football coach do? Suspend any player over any allegation, even if it's not even reported to the state's attorney? That's bs.

Art Briles is basically taking the fall for having some bad seeds on his team. Ultimately, he recruited those players, but when you got 100 players (primarily black males), you are going to have increased chances for crime. And he's getting the boot for 5% of them committing crime under his watch. To me, that does not seem right. A coach is being punished for the actions of those underneath him.

Briles job is to win football games. The State's Attorneys job is to prosecute and punish crime. The victims in this case are blaming the wrong guy. First, they need to blame their attackers. Second, they need to blame the State's Attorney for not prosecuting if they chose not too.

I don't know why any Baylor student, who was attacked on that campus, would not go directly to the police? Why would they even go to the football coach or expect him to do something?
    Yes, he is taking the fall for bad seeds. Seeds he knowingly planted knowing they were bad and he was willing to reap the fruits of those seeds.

First, Baylor is a pious Southern Baptist school that believes that it should run the world because they are so righteous. So it should be held to a higher standard.

Art Briles recruited a person that was kicked off Boise State and claimed he had no knowledge of his past trouble. Chris Peterson called BS on him. That guy raped a Baylor girl.Art Briles chose to have a girl raped to win football games at a religious school.

People did go to the cops. Waco PD tried to cover it up. They are currently being investigated by the FBI and the Texas Rangers for their cover-up.

Baylor has had NINE sexual assaults on its Christian campus and did not do one damn thing about it.

Baylor's president is an expert in getting to the bottom of sexual activity and he turned Mr. Magoo.

Baylor is a school that did not even allow DANCING on its campus until recently but was willing to allow their students to get beat up and raped by the football team.

Art Briles was a scumbag and he got fired. This is worse than SMU. SMU was only paying players money they deserved. Baylor was selling its Christian girls hoochy to win football games.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

As if these are "Christian" universities anyway. They are at best "historically christian" at this point, they are essentially big money institutions that mostly promote a marxist point of view. I can't speak for Baylor (you sound like you know them better), but so-called "Jesuit" institutions with supposedly catholic ties are in many ways anti-christian, and Notre Dame is the foremost of these. DePaul university just had its administration organize a coup on a guest speaker to slience him (Milo Yiannopoulos). These institutions are one of the principal reasons America is rapidly declining. They lie and indoctrinate youth (on a grand scale) and then leave them riddled in debt with little to nothing to show for it. All guaranteed loans by the great gov't, too --- no defaulting! LOL

Buffalo Nickle

There are no Marxist in Texas. This is your gold old-fashioned Baptist school that people pay $50,000 per year to get a good Christian education for their kids. Now admittedly, things get a little wild with the Christian kids and the preacher's daughter is always the easiest in school. But they are paying for the real deal. Ken Starr as your president. This is pure Republicanism at Baylor. That's how this thing got so ugly. They were slapping backs and counting the cash.

Plaza23

Art Briles recruited a person that was kicked off Boise State and claimed he had no knowledge of his past trouble. Chris Peterson called BS on him. That guy raped a Baylor girl.Art Briles chose to have a girl raped to win football games at a religious school.

This is so aburd it's laughable. Art Briles recruited a player that had gotten in trouble at another school. And even if he had knowledge of what he had gotten in trouble for - since that player had paid his debt to society - what is the problem with giving him another chance? If there's rule that Baylor wants to institute that says anyone convicted of a sexual offense against women is not permitted to attend their school, then so be it. But there was not that rule.

This is hilarious that you are blaming republicans for this. It's the bleeding hearts that want 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances for felons. Then when Briles give them a chance and they screw up, it's his fault? Please.

If WACO PD did not investigate or prosecute, then that is on them. That should be investigated. But that is not the football's team or coach's responsibility.

If Sally Sue gets raped, and she goes to Coach Briles and says, "One of your football players raped me. It's YOUR FAULT!". Art Briles should say, "No Sally it's not. If you have been raped, then go to the police and they will investigate. If one of my players is convicted in court, then they will be punished appropriately. Till then, what you have stated is an allegation, and in the US you are innocent till proven guilty".

The end.

I felt the same way about Penn State as well. You can't punish football PROGRAMS for the criminal actions of individual people, players, or coaches. It does not happen in the private sector, why should it happen in the public? If an IT worker at Apple rapes someone, the company he works for is not punished for it. It's not their responsibility. It is the individuals and the individuals alone.

Buffalo Nickle

This is so aburd it's laughable. Art Briles recruited a player that had gotten in trouble at another school. And even if he had knowledge of what he had gotten in trouble for - since that player had paid his debt to society - what is the problem with giving him another chance? If there's rule that Baylor wants to institute that says anyone convicted of a sexual offense against women is not permitted to attend their school, then so be it. But there was not that rule.

This is hilarious that you are blaming republicans for this. It's the bleeding hearts that want 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances for felons. Then when Briles give them a chance and they screw up, it's his fault? Please.

If WACO PD did not investigate or prosecute, then that is on them. That should be investigated. But that is not the football's team or coach's responsibility.

If Sally Sue gets raped, and she goes to Coach Briles and says, "One of your football players raped me. It's YOUR FAULT!". Art Briles should say, "No Sally it's not. If you have been raped, then go to the police and they will investigate. If one of my players is convicted in court, then they will be punished appropriately. Till then, what you have stated is an allegation, and in the US you are innocent till proven guilty".

The end.

I felt the same way about Penn State as well. You can't punish football PROGRAMS for the criminal actions of individual people, players, or coaches. It does not happen in the private sector, why should it happen in the public? If an IT worker at Apple rapes someone, the company he works for is not punished for it. It's not their responsibility. It is the individuals and the individuals alone.
    You have forgotten your own BS. Art Briles was not hired to win football games. He was hired to give black boys an education and bring them to Jesus. Pro football teams hire coaches to win football games. They just want to win one for the Gipper at Baylor.

The coach got fired. The president got fired. The AD resigned in humiliation. Even Baylor fans that thought Briles walked on water think he should have gotten fired.

I don't blame Republicans. But this is a corrupt right-wing Republican school that has had the same kind of problems in the past for the same reasons. They charged their little honeys $50K for the privilege of getting it from the football team and then told them to F off.

You will just have to get your overs and ATS winners someplace else. Briles is toast.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Plaza has a point, if something illegal was done, investigate the PD if they buried it. Otherwise, it's all circumstantial evidence --- not Briles business.

The college system is corrupt, big business supported by marxist gov't elements. I'm not pointing at Republican or Democrat, generally speaking they've got little to do with it at this point (though historically they've encouraged it), just telling you how it is.

Buffalo Nickle

Again, this is AMATEUR sports and a CHRISTIAN school. They claim they only want to educate and give a Christian education and just bring black boys on campus for them to have that opportunity.

When you are Jerry Jones, you put it off on the police. You say, Look I am operating a business and this guy is my employee. This is a problem in society. I should not be held to any higher standard than anyone else. This is a police matter.

When you are a school charging 50K for a Christian education, you don't get that card to play. You say you are just providing an education. You don't get to punt it to society just because you want to make millions with fraud. You have a responsibility to the people you are charging 50K for what you bring on campus. If you sell hoochie to make millions, you have to pay the price.

This has nothing to do with the police. It is a Baylor issue. Briles is being held accountable for what he brought on campus. The money in the end just was not enough. They did not want to win that bad.

If Baylor starts paying their players and saying they are just trying to make money, they can tell their students that the football team is separate from the university and only shares the Baylor name for marketing purposes and they should consult with Waco PD for issues concerning their personal safety or crimes that have been committed. If enough people complain, Baylor may sell the team or change it to the Waco Bears.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

You're just getting at the problem. I think both Plaza and myself already realized, and probably long ago, that it IS in fact a business and they are a different class of employees. They would be classic employees if the NCAA would let colleges do that, but they won't. Your Waco Bears thing is a false choice ... no one would let them compete in the same conferences or for the National Championship if they said we have a separate entity that's "marketed" --- unfortunately it's an all or nothing situation, spearheaded by the NCAA, which is the biggest problem. The member schools are all caught in this charade.

Also, I'm betting the kids aren't required to learn anything about Christianity, anything real at the very least, besides the fact that it exists. Again, HISTORICALLY christian --- the rest is more marketing.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    You're just getting at the problem. I think both Plaza and myself already realized, and probably long ago, that it IS in fact a business and they are a different class of employees. They would be classic employees if the NCAA would let colleges do that, but they won't. Your Waco Bears thing is a false choice ... no one would let them compete in the same conferences or for the National Championship if they said we have a separate entity that's "marketed" --- unfortunately it's an all or nothing situation, spearheaded by the NCAA, which is the biggest problem. The member schools are all caught in this charade.

Also, I'm betting the kids aren't required to learn anything about Christianity, anything real at the very least, besides the fact that it exists. Again, HISTORICALLY christian --- the rest is more marketing.
    You understand the scam. I doubt the other guy does. 95% of people on SBR do not want players paid. They prefer the Gone with the Wind version.

This is a money issue. Of course, Briles did get paid to win games. But the school just couldn't take it anymore.

This is not a HISTORICALLY religious school. This is the real deal. People go there to get a Christian education. The kind a Texan wants their kids to have.

This is a very corrupt school. But it just has become too obvious and they needed to take measure even to retain their own pride or have to admit to themselves they are complete frauds.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Aren't players banging girls at every school? Must be over 100+ football teams in the NCAA

Every weekend party... some girl's getting plowed.

Nothing to see here.

Coach deserves to be fired for it? Either there's more to this story... or Baylor trying to be a Mormon school. Unreal.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

You understand the scam. I doubt the other guy does. 95% of people on SBR do not want players paid. They prefer the Gone with the Wind version.

This is a money issue. Of course, Briles did get paid to win games. But the school just couldn't take it anymore.

This is not a HISTORICALLY religious school. This is the real deal. People go there to get a Christian education. The kind a Texan wants their kids to have.

This is a very corrupt school. But it just has become too obvious and they needed to take measure even to retain their own pride or have to admit to themselves they are complete frauds.

We're probably closer to one another than either realizes on this issue. I wouldn't doubt it's corrupt.

Plaza23

I guess I've never considered that Baylor was a hardcore Southern Baptist school and that their coaches owed it to the rest of the student population to bring in 100% high character choir boys. So in that sense, I can see why the school would fire him if that is their main objective. Given what happened with Dave Bliss and the one player murdering another player, I can see why Baylor would go no tolerance with Briles.

It still seems like a raw deal for Briles. Not everyone can be 100% correct in judging a players character. Some of these guys may seem like good dudes and still wind up in trouble. Others who had problems at schools prior, sure it's Briles responsibility for offering them a scholarship but Baylor's admission dept signed off on admitting them too. Are the admissions people getting shitcanned too?

Buffalo Nickle

I guess I've never considered that Baylor was a hardcore Southern Baptist school and that their coaches owed it to the rest of the student population to bring in 100% high character choir boys. So in that sense, I can see why the school would fire him if that is their main objective. Given what happened with Dave Bliss and the one player murdering another player, I can see why Baylor would go no tolerance with Briles.

It still seems like a raw deal for Briles. Not everyone can be 100% correct in judging a players character. Some of these guys may seem like good dudes and still wind up in trouble. Others who had problems at schools prior, sure it's Briles responsibility for offering them a scholarship but Baylor's admission dept signed off on admitting them too. Are the admissions people getting shitcanned too?
    Right. Baylor is the largest Baptist school in the World. This is just one notch below Liberty and that is only because they have so many rich kids going there that like to party. The school itself views itself as Liberty. They can't put up with this kind of stuff once it gets out in the open. They will put up with it behind closed doors.

Briles was the decision maker on everything. He had sole responsibility. The school even allowed him to research the assaults and make his own decision. This goes way back.They had Ahmad Dixon in all kinds of trouble and playing him. The players have been running wild. Briles was running the place like Florida State but at a Christian evangelical school. They would have let it go on but it was just too embarrassing.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

They were talking about Briles bullshit statement on the Dan Patrick show this morning.

Dan Patrick said that their were more things that had gone on behind the scenes at Baylor. Things he has been told but have not been made public yet.

He said that crap was even worse then what has been heard already. He said there was more to come out of this thing and he expected that this statement wouldn't be the last from Briles.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Former Baylor head coach Art Briles on becoming the next head football coach at Mt. Vernon High School (TX): "You’ll make no bigger impact in this world than
    when you shape the lives of young people—one practice, one game, and one life at a time.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Deep down he got fired for hiring his stupid son as OC. School could care less about some bimbo's that got raped.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

First 123