clusterpenetrate
    clusterpenetrate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Waco police chief will be the next to go.
    sadly that whole po dunk town revolves around the university.
    would you send your daughter to a school where, if she is raped by a BU football player, it will go un-prosecuted!
    Kudos to TCU coach Gary Patterson, who pointed out the transfer of the Duck player who was thrown out of
    The U of Oregon for sexual misconduct only to be welcomed with open arms by Briles. Dumb ass then promptly assaulted a Bear soccer player.
    Pretty sure none of the bad apples will be moving up to Fort Worth anytime soon.
    Love Gary Patterson and love my Frogs. Go TCU!!!
    Not sure what happened to Dave Bliss after one of his basketball players shot another player in the head a while back.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Art Briles should be a coaching pariah after Baylor investigation

When news broke this morning that Baylor would fire head football coach Art Briles, I dashed off a quick post about whether he would have a future in the NFL. A few minutes later, Baylor posted a statement about the investigation that led to Briles’ firing.
    Having now read that statement, here’s what I think about Briles’ coaching future: Briles should have no coaching future.
    Baylor’s statement suggests that women who were sexually assaulted by football players were discouraged from reporting those assaults, and in at least one case a woman actually faced retaliation for reporting an assault.
    “There are significant concerns about the tone and culture within Baylor’s football program as it relates to accountability for all forms of student athlete misconduct,” Baylor’s statement reads.
    That ultimately falls on Briles. Major college football programs are essentially dictatorships in which the head coach outranks even the college president and athletic director, and if there’s a pattern of sexual assault and a refusal to hold football players accountable for sexual assaults, that falls on the head football coach. Briles was a highly successful coach and well respected offensive innovator, but that will not be his legacy at Baylor. His legacy will be the damning statement Baylor released today that made it clear that Briles cared more about winning than about the safety of Baylor students who were victimized by his players.
    The football world should treat Briles as a pariah.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^^ social justice I'm telling you he's done

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Mike Singletary will be their next coach, watch

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    It was for perjury.
    Yeah, you're right. I was just saying there is "some" irony there.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Wow. Can't believe they went through with it. I thought for sure football was the true religion at Baylor. Have to give them some credit. They do have some dignity.

Buffalo Nickle

Very doubtful Briles gets another job at a major school. You cannot get away with having rapes reported to you and then take no action. That will not fly anywhere. He will most likely become like Mike Leach who major schools are terrified to hire and was lucky to catch on at Washington State. I think he might be able to go back to Houston when that coach leaves but doubt he will do better than a mid-major.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The moral of the story is this: never trust a 60-year-old man that wears tight t-shirts showing off his titties.

Buffalo Nickle

Baylor probably goes with Bennett for this year and then hires the Tulsa coach. Baylor AD is good at hiring coaches so he'll get a hot up-and-cimer. Maybe Scott Frost if he does well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There's probably more to the story they Musta got them on charges of some sort

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Very doubtful Briles gets another job at a major school. You cannot get away with having rapes reported to you and then take no action. That will not fly anywhere. He will most likely become like Mike Leach who major schools are terrified to hire and was lucky to catch on at Washington State. I think he might be able to go back to Houston when that coach leaves but doubt he will do better than a mid-major.
    What Briles did was infinitely worse than anything Leach ever did.

Leach locked a player in the shed because he was being a smart ass proms Donna. Briles covered up rape charges.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    What Briles did was infinitely worse than anything Leach ever did.

Leach locked a player in the shed because he was being a smart ass proms Donna. Briles covered up rape charges.
    Yeah. That's what I mean. If Leach is toxic, Briles is dead as a coach. They fear Leach just because of his mouth. Recruiting rapists and looking the other way is just not something that you can overcome.

He's basically going to be Barry Switzer.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 05-26-16 at 03:13 PM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Should he have been fired? ---- Yes. Easy one. That's a major Baptist school remember. And his rapist players really need to be dealt with. Nowadays when it comes to an isolated rape case, I tend to side with the man automatically until I hear more, but this is pretty obvious now.

Will he get another job? ---- Probably. He wins at a ridiculous rate. Programs aren't as scrupulous as you think. Winning = money. Boosters who are unscrupulous (SEC) will support the hire.

Will it be UT? ---- Tennessee or Texas? Not Tennessee. I have several friends that are Vols fans. Every time a coaching job opens up they think John Gruden, Bill Belichek, and Bear Bryant are standing in line with their applications. Nobody who's a big name wants to coach at UT and have to deal with that ridiculous fanbase when they can go somewhere else and not deal with that ridiculous fanbase. And I still think Charlie Strong will get better in Austin.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Should he have been fired? ---- Yes. Easy one. That's a major Baptist school remember. And his rapist players really need to be dealt with. Nowadays when it comes to an isolated rape case, I tend to side with the man automatically until I hear more, but this is pretty obvious now.

Will he get another job? ---- Probably. He wins at a ridiculous rate. Programs aren't as scrupulous as you think. Winning = money. Boosters who are unscrupulous (SEC) will support the hire.

Will it be UT? ---- Tennessee or Texas? Not Tennessee. I have several friends that are Vols fans. Every time a coaching job opens up they think John Gruden, Bill Belichek, and Bear Bryant are standing in line with their applications. Nobody who's a big name wants to coach at UT and have to deal with that ridiculous fanbase when they can go somewhere else and not deal with that ridiculous fanbase. And I still think Charlie Strong will get better in Austin.
    Rape cover-ups are a huge deal these days at universities. I will be shocked if a major school hires him. They will not be able to withstand the firestorm. Plus, Briles is not the kind of guy that likes controversy. He will probably just retire. If he could slip in at Houston, he might do it. But even that would be a problem.

Texas would not want to hire him anyway. They don't take other people's leavings.

Buffalo Nickle

The more I think about it. There is ZERO chance Art Briles will coach again. What happens when you hire Art Brlies and a player rapes a girl? Huge lawsuit with a guaranteed big settlement.

He's done. Wouldn't be that surprised to see him coach again at a Texas high school though. That might be some redemption.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Again he is done...will never coach again

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

http://deadspin.com/investigation-fi...-as-1778950876

You stay shitty Baylor.....
    F*** that's some messed up shit

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why is the coach responsible for the players having sex? Why are the female students not having sex with players? The school president should be canned first. Coach's job is to coach football.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    The more I think about it. There is ZERO chance Art Briles will coach again. What happens when you hire Art Brlies and a player rapes a girl? Huge lawsuit with a guaranteed big settlement.

He's done. Wouldn't be that surprised to see him coach again at a Texas high school though. That might be some redemption.
    All depends on how he feels in a year or so when this has blown over a bit. You're right, some people just want to retire. Unless he squandered his money, that's what I'd do. But a lot of retired people get bored quick.

I guess my point was that if he wanted to come back, there would be some major schools interested in a year or so.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Baylor is dead!

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why is the coach responsible for the players having sex? Why are the female students not having sex with players? The school president should be canned first. Coach's job is to coach football.
    Because the coach recruited a rapist that got kicked out at another school for sexual assault. He raped a Baylor girl. Girls went to Briles and told them they were raped or beat up. He took no action. Girl went to Baylor counselor and said she was raped. Counselor told the girl there had been six girls complain about sexual assault by Baylor players and nothing happened and nothing was going to happen with her either. That's a few reasons. There are more.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He is done at the FBS level. He will likely end up in NFL as a consultant like Tressel and then possibly an OC or HC if he adapts his offense to the overall speed on defense at NFL level.

Incidents will be forgotten in 5-10 years. Nobody speaks about the murder cover up in Baylor hoops some years back anymore. That was a huge clusterfuk.

Scumbag Starr oversaw it all. Gotta love the hypocrisy shown by that bag of shit.

jjgold

He is a scumbag

Never will get a job again

I am glad..when you cover up assaults your done nowadays

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

Who knows if any of these women were even telling the truth?

society buries men just based off what women say. don't be a sucker

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Isn't it ironic that Ken Starr, a man who got Clinton impeached for consensual sex, is going to get fired for covering up rape by players on his football team?
    they're all hypocrites...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Most college girls would call rape if the guy doesn't call the next day. This is a non-story. Move on.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Isn't it ironic that Ken Starr, a man who got Clinton impeached for consensual sex, is going to get fired for covering up rape by players on his football team?
    remember this fukk? "protect our children" all these fukks are sick in the head.

https://www.cardschat.com/news/denni...ud-trial-21581

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Most college girls would call rape if the guy doesn't call the next day. This is a non-story. Move on.
    Someone is showing their true colors

jjgold

men should not put themselves in those situations period

DUMB

TEXAS MICKEY
    TEXAS MICKEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4375

[QUOTE=clusterpenetrate;25772752]Waco police chief will be the next to go.

Yep, the Texas Rangers (not the baseball team) and the FBI are all up in the PD asses for the Baylor problem along with the University Police.

Rangers and FBI up the department ass for the Biker killings at Twin Peaks.
    Waco area has nothing but nut cases down there for the last 25 years......David Koresh, Basketball Murder......etc.
    Something in water?????

As far as Briles............he is fukking done. He and his staff met with the girls and their parents and told them take these allegations down the fukking highway, we have no concerns for you. Our concerns are winning football.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

BREAKING: Baylor hires interim head coach, Bart Miles

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I hate Baylor but if you think this only goes on at Baylor you are a fool. This goes on at SEC schools as well, look at Vandy with James Franklin in his last year there, look at Tennessee right now, the thing is big state schools have more protection and more avenues to cover stuff like this up.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Yes, MW, it's always a different standard for these hacks, they don't even get the story right. Clinton turns out to be a total sleazebag, dealing with women in far more shady terms than even the most suspicious of rape hoaxes. And there have been a lot of rape hoaxes, so it's hard to believe without seeing the evidence. Did you know that there are a lot of states that can convict you for having sex with a woman if she is "intoxicated"? There should be a hard line on "rape" but I can't remember a case where there was no alcohol, the woman was not willlingly going back to a guy's room late night or early AM --- basically an undisputed rape case. Come to think of it, I can't even think of one in my lifetime. After the fact analysis is easy when it's only the male that is required to be accountable.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

This is the distillation of my post. If I had a son, I'd tell him, don't even bother with college girls. Basically, the whole campus is just looking for a way to "get you" it's so disgusting at this point

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I hate Baylor but if you think this only goes on at Baylor you are a fool. This goes on at SEC schools as well, look at Vandy with James Franklin in his last year there, look at Tennessee right now, the thing is big state schools have more protection and more avenues to cover stuff like this up.

You don't want to know what Urban Meyer turned a blind eye to at Florida

First 123 Last