BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Some Stupid Picks for the 2016 NCAA Championship

I guess there is simly no shutting these people up at various networks. Here are some of their picks as top teams in 2016, and the truth about what those teams face:

Clemson. The entire college football world is in love wiuth QB Deshaun Watson and well they should be. He is an excellent player and a Heisman Candidate in 2016. But what about the 7 starters who left early for the pros, plus an additional 7 starters who graduated. Clemson will lost to Florida State. Game, set and match.

Ohio State. Urban Meyer can do anything right? After all, he has lost only 4 games in 4 years. Yes, but how manhy of those years has he lost 10 starters to the NFL? Add on 4 starters who graduate from the offensive line and four more who started on defense, Meyer will be lucky to see a New Years Day Bowl Game.

Stanford. The good news? Only TE Hooper leaves early. The bad news? Stanford graduates 7 starters on offense including Q B Hogan. The worse news? Stanford graduates 9 starters on defense. They also go to UCLA, Oregon, and Notre Dame in 2016. Ouch.

TCU. With as many as 22 players from their two deep roster of2015 gone, including their punter and kicker, TCU will be very fortunate to lose only 2 games in 2016. They hos Arkansas in a good non-con game.

Arkansas. Arkansas is going to have to do something it rarely does. That is depend on theor defense, which returns as many as 10 starters from last season. Unfortunately, their offense returns just two linemen and a WR. Bielema will have to find an entire new offense for 2016.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Give us some better ones.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What did you have in mind?

Buffalo Nickle

These are the stupid picks. Give us the smart ones.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Good info - thanks.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I see a lot of people liking Baylor. I think they're losing too much. Get ready for the Tennessee hype train too. Iowa will have a schedule fueled run and get exposed again.

My queston is who in the Pac 12 can make it?

Florida State has a shot to make it
    cant ever rule out Alabama
    oklahoma?

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

I will return to SBR with a head ache because BDQH"s nposts still don't make sense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Baylor always has a shot with that offense in a very poor defensive conference, but they take a big hit on both lines. It looks like the same old Baylor. Another interesting question is what the Big 12-2 does with their CC problem, now that the Power 5 conferences gave them the O.K. to have a CC game with just 10 teams.

The Pac 12 will be wild again this season. Oregon has to find yet another QB and loses a lot of receivers. They also lose 4 starting LB's. Stanford takes a huge hit with graduation. The two Washington clubs can beat any team on any given day, but do they have the consistancy? On the South Side, USC will have a ton of talent on offense, but must rebuild their front 7 on defense. They bookend 2016 with a game in Dallas against Alabama to start, and a date with Notre Dame at home to end the regular season. UCLA had 6 defections to the NFL and could be having internal problems. The two Arizona's are major question marks. Utah loses all of their starting LB's and two from the defensive backfield.

Buffalo Nickle

The thing about Baylor is that Art Briles is recruiting extremely well so even though he loses players, he is typically replacing them with more talented ones. Baylor's defense probably drops off a little next year.

In looking at some pretty decent previews, it looks like the consensus at the top is something like this:

Clemson
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Notre Dame
    LSU
    Tennessee
    Florida State

Clemson apparently as many as 17 players back next year so the clear favorite.

Stanford and TCU considered much further down. Arkansas borderline Top 25.

Buffalo Nickle

Washington the team to watch in the Pac 12. They had a lot of young talent and were pretty tough. Everybody loses a lot and they don't lose much. Washington State also rated in every Top 25 but will not be as good as Washington.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I do not know how some pf these people determine who is a "starter" or not. Steele will claim that anyhone who started as few as one game is a returning starter. Clemson loses 7 starters to the NFL. They also lose their PK. Add in all of the graduating Seniors that started for them and it is impossible to come up with 17 legitimate starters. Compare them to Florida State, who brings back just about everyone on offense, and who hosts Clemson this year, and I will gladly take FSU even over Clemson right now.

My problem with Washington is simple. How many good players do they actually have? They have not defeated Oregon since 2003 and go to Oregon this season after a home game with Stanford. I need to see more. They should be 3-0 out of the gate thanks to a very soft non-con schedule, but they could be 3-3 by October 15th with 3 conference losses.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Oregon has to find yet another QB and loses a lot of receivers. They also lose 4 starting LB's.
    Clueless as usual.