MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The Student Section@TheStudentSect 21m21 minutes ago
    80 men coached these 40 bowl games.Todd Graham EASILY lands at No. 80 on the bowl coach rankings list.Simply breathtaking.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You should always go for two regardless as statistics say you're better off

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    coach knew the line, only angle that makes any sense
    ^ Only reasonable explanation.

1. Doesn't go for 2 points with 6 and under to go in game.

2. Doesn't call timeouts properly when trailing. Let 15-18 seconds off the clock... then calls timeout. Holds remaining timeout.

That's why I never wager on ASU games... Graham is one goofy motherfukker

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

-1.5 is a line you dont see often, funny how game ends in 1 point.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    ^ Only reasonable explanation.

1. Doesn't go for 2 points with 6 and under to go in game.

2. Doesn't call timeouts properly when trailing. Let 15-18 seconds off the clock... then calls timeout. Holds remaining timeout.

That's why I never wager on ASU games... Graham is one goofy motherfukker
    I thought it was awesome on the final drive they ran it up the middle on second down. Somehow they got lucky and got it but that was a weird call.

Also, on 3rd and 10, the WR for ASU was wide open and just dropped the ball.

All this shit happens and the game somehow ends with WVU winning by 1....unreal.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Not going for 2 might have made some tiny amount of sense if he had great faith in his kicker to hit a long FG late in the game if need be. But then on that final drive he kept calling for long passes. On 2-10 from midfield they called a long bomb and QB threw into triple coverage. And there was still like 80s left on the clock. He should have just been thinking of trying to get into FG range while not leaving enough time for his shitty defense to blow the game if they hit it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Not going for 2 might have made some small amount of sense if he had great faith in his kicker to hit a long FG late in the game if need be. But then on that final drive he kept calling for long passes. On 2-10 from midfield they called a long bomb and QB threw into triple coverage. He should of just been thinking of trying to get into FG range while not leaveing enough time for his shitty defense to blow the game if they hit it.
    Please stop trying to justify. You won't find one. Hey, the only one would be is if he thought his offense couldn't possibly convert. But why not? They drove at will mostly. Should have been pretty easy. Better than 50/50. You're up 7 you are in a completely different situation than up 6. Night and day. Up 5 instead of 6? Nothing. Means shit. They weren't going to kick a FG.

All justifications fail. Brain fart in the heat of the moment is the only justification

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah obviously it was idiotic. No question. Just trying to get inside his head and point out that he then handled being down 1 like a moron as well.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Not going for 2 might have made some tiny amount of sense if he had great faith in his kicker to hit a long FG late in the game if need be. But then on that final drive he kept calling for long passes. On 2-10 from midfield they called a long bomb and QB threw into triple coverage. And there was still like 80s left on the clock. He should have just been thinking of trying to get into FG range while not leaving enough time for his shitty defense to blow the game if they hit it.
    There is absolutely zero justification to not go for two. Under five minutes you go for two 100% of the time in that situation. There is no difference in being up 5 or 6 because the other team has to get a TD. They aren't going to be kicking FGs.

I have no idea what you're even saying. Even if Graham's thinking was that WVU going to score a TD anyway so he would still need a FG to win it...it still wouldn't have mattered.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

"It's my fault. We have a chart in the box that we go by. We were supposed to go for two, and we didn't." -Todd Graham

At least he took responsibility, I guess. But do you even need to consult a chart for that. I'm on my couch 4 beers in and I know in half a second.

jtoler

This guy wanted no part of OT and the possibility of losing by a TD or even a field goal for that matter. When he gets that extension after a 6-7 season then I'll really know what was up.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-03-16 at 02:40 AM.

BigDofBA

We know what to and Graham doesn't. The only difference, he makes millions to make decisions like those and it's his job.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    "It's my fault. We have a chart in the box that we go by. We were supposed to go for two, and we didn't." -Todd Graham

At least he took responsibility, I guess. But do you even need to consult a chart for that. I'm on my couch 4 beers in and I know in half a second.
    Ready made excuse that doesnt hold any water, Im sure he had to hear "Hey coach we going for two right" or something of that nature from 20 people on the sideline, by taking blame he's just trying to nail it shut, I dont see how anyone let alone a coach could say they made a mistake there or needed assistance from a chart.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Thanks to that move, all of us with +1.5 got the cover! Without that ASU had the potential to lose by 3. If Devs miss the 2, they are up 5. WVU scores to go up one and then they would obviously go for 2 to lead by 3, and the way they were moving the ball they would make it. Thanks Todd for insuring the cover!!!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Wow! To actually admit that is grounds to be fired. Coaching 101 at best... ridiculous!

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

What an idiot coach. Well he blew the cover for all WV backers.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Next hame

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22146

I couldnt believe it either. This is completely inexcusable for a guy making millions of dollars. I use to respect Graham but he just lost his credibility.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Come on, its the desert and maybe they cheated wisky late at night a few years back, I remember, they play little tinfoil hat type games out there maybe
    -1.5 loses but ML wins is too exciting for them perhaps
    that coach bought brett michaels mansion is a random fact

SightSeer
    SightSeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/spor...1/03/78226582/

He does take responsibility, I guess, for the 2-pt fiasco (he sort of just glosses over it like it was just a minor mishap) and then goes on to say how their real issue was not being able to contain the vertical passing games, with other mental mistakes, etc.

Now, I have always been one to say that coaches coach and players play. You can only teach/coach a player so much before they have to go out there and perform. ASU had every opportunity to win the game after coming out in the first quarter like a dead fish and the 2 pt conversion may not have even been successful, but they played their asses off in the 2nd half and to not even give them a chance to go up 7 is a travesty (as far a sports is concerned). Sure, they couldn't contain WV, but the point is Todd Graham, while players play and coaches coach, while he might not have lost the game for ASU, he did absolutely NOTHING to help them win it in the end, where it counts. I feel bad for the seniors who have to endure this guy all year long and then to have their career end like that.

C'est la vie, but just to say it was an oversight on my part to not go for two, man I don't know, I don't really think that's acceptable.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

I am not a very good at sound reasoning on this. But if you bet WVU -1.5, is that really a good bet. Unless you were really confident that they were going to win by more that 1. I only had some bet points on this but I took ML. I think the juice was -143 so I guess that was high for a 1.5.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

Graham is always the coach looking for his next big job, but ASU is as high as he's going. Nobody would hire this guy. He screwed Pitt over after one season saying ASU was his "dream job."

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

If you need a chart to consult, you shouldn't be coaching at any level. This is nothing more than basic math that any high school freshman can understand in 5 minutes.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

They just went up 5 point pending with under 5 minutes left.

Isn't that an auto go for 2 to go up 7? Why kick to go up 6?

That's some dumb shit right there.

Not sure I've ever seen that.

In college the extra point is not automatic.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Wow! To actually admit that is grounds to be fired. Coaching 101 at best... ridiculous!
    It would be more grounds to be fired if he tried to justify an unjustifiable decision. Better of two bad choices.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    In college the extra point is not automatic.
    Yeah it is. It's a lot more automatic than the NFL.

Even if it wasn't automatic, wouldn't that have even been more reason for ASU to go for 2?

You can't logical explain or reason as to why it was a good idea to not go for 2. Graham just ****** up.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Coach is a dumbfukk. Let's move on

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Coach is a dumbfukk. Let's move on
    TW give us a winner

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Graham is always the coach looking for his next big job, but ASU is as high as he's going. Nobody would hire this guy. He screwed Pitt over after one season saying ASU was his "dream job."
    Have you ever been to pitt?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Have you ever been to pitt?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I was wondering if there was a thread about this.

I caught the end of the game and my jaw literally dropped when they didn't go for two. But, even more amazingly, the announcers didn't say anything as it was happening, or even after-the-fact! The whole thing was just mind-boggling. How does an entire coaching staff and commentators not see this?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

The staff is scarred of him. He spent the whole game with his headset off yelling at them. Guy is a dumbfukk. Commentators dumbfukk a too. The players and fan base paid for it

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yup its a dumpster fire

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

he should be fired

First 1234 Last