jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

State coach just let clock run down before he called a TO lol, looks like WV ML may win, will make up for that Oregon fiasco.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Arizona state coach is a moron

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

"Hey coach why didn't you go for 2 up 5 with four minutes left in the game?"

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Coach didn't want OT. Win or lose in regulation and end the season. Only angle I have.

SightSeer
    SightSeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

I cannot wait to hear the post game conference. I don't think the media will be as forgiving/ignorant as these broadcasters.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This guy got to be haedcoach dumbfukk of the year no doubt! Lol

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    crowd now booing because he's taking timeouts

stadium full of idiots!
    After 15min running

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

This was almost more unbelievable than the TCU comeback. Never seen a coach not go for 2 in a comparable situation. Ever. These guys have fukkin charts. This is not one of those gray areas. That was an auto go for 2.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by boss_of_um View Post
    Coach didn't want OT. Win or lose in regulation and end the season. Only angle I have.
    So you'd rather lose in regulation than go to OT? LOL

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

guess they new i was locked in at +1.5. no need to go for two and potentially screw up my cover by going into overtime.

had already been screwed the the TCU/ORE under in the previous game. glad it didn't happen twice in a row.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    This was almost more unbelievable than the TCU comeback. Never seen a coach not go for 2 in a comparable situation. Ever. These guys have fukkin charts. This is not one of those gray areas. That was an auto go for 2.

Maybe coach went to school wth BigDeem!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

but watch. media is just as stupid and it may not even get mentioned after the game!

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

That was crazy!! There is no reason not to go for two there!!!! WTF!!!

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25244

coach knew the line, only angle that makes any sense

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

So you'd rather lose in regulation than go to OT? LOL
    We all agree he SHOULD have gone for 2. He didn't. Hence the question asking why he didn't. It's not a poll vote of should he or shouldn't he have gone for 2.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    There is a simple reason dumbfucks

If they went for two and didn't get it. Then WVU went down and scored easily as they did and got a 2, a FG would only tie. Now it wins
    Makes some sense, but Im almost 100% sure that that didnt cross his mind.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

No one's answered my simple question:

How is this possible?

So I guess the head coach is a confirmed clown but how did none of the assistants or even players say something?

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    There is a simple reason dumbfucks

If they went for two and didn't get it. Then WVU went down and scored easily as they did and got a 2, a FG would only tie. Now it wins
    You are the stupidest sonofabitch alive. BigDumbf.uck.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25244

I just want the coach to flat out say... "I bet the house on us +2.5, thats why I didnt go for 2 there"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    And if it did, his mind is warped.

I assume he'll just take the blame and say that he missed it. Just slipped his mind. Any defense just makes him unqualified to coach. Anyone can make an error in the heat of the moment. But if you make the error again upon reflection, then you're a dumbass with no sense of responsibility.

yankees10
    yankees10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

And of course they lose by 1 !!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Potential of being up 7 vs. the downside of 6 vs. 5 in that spot is not even worth discussing

If Big Deem was serious about that post I feel bad I'm not his bookie

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    No one's answered my simple question:

How is this possible?

So I guess the head coach is a confirmed clown but how did none of the assistants or even players say something?
    I assume he just fell asleep and missed it. But yeah, it's not even like they suddenly scored. They should have known all drive "if we score a TD, we go for 2." Coaches normally have that planned before the score happens. Basic coaching. Raise two fingers immediately.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    coach knew the line, only angle that makes any sense
    No doubt he knew it, been out for the longest, sure he had to know someone who had money on State, basically a home game too. Big money, Im sure those people who had State at +1.5 are happy with him win or lose.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Potential of being up 7 vs. the downside of 6 vs. 5 in that spot is not even worth discussing

If Big Deem was serious about that post I feel bad I'm not his bookie
    With more time on the clock, it's a discussion. So if it's 8 or 10 minutes, personally I still go for 2, but it's not egregious not to. Under 5 minutes though is a no no no no brainer.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I assume he just fell asleep and missed it. But yeah, it's not even like they suddenly scored. They should have known all drive "if we score a TD, we go for 2." Coaches normally have that planned before the score happens. Basic coaching. Raise two fingers immediately.
    Yeah but usually there is one assistant without his head up his ass.....Like how did no one speak up?

I've never seen a blunder like this I can remember so late in the game

This is the spot where it's not a question...it's an auto 2 pointer

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    crowd now booing because he's taking timeouts

stadium full of idiots!
    They're booing because he waited 20 seconds before he called the timeout. WVU ran a play with 1:26 left and then Graham set there with his head us his ass and waited until the clock got down to a minute. Then he called the timeout.

Some dumbass coaching and time mismanagement in this game. Graham wasted a timeout on a kickoff and the burned one on the final drive. Guy is a jabroni.

And hell no WVU wasn't going to kick two FGS. They only had two timeouts left and there and four minutes and some change left. No coach in America would have kicked a FG. That's why you go for 2 if you're ASU.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

With more time on the clock, it's a discussion. So if it's 8 or 10 minutes, personally I still go for 2, but it's not egregious not to. Under 5 minutes though is a no no no no brainer.
    Yeah I'm just saying in this exact spot

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Guy knew what's up. He's a dumbfukk probably thought that was the right move. No says shitt to him cause he's just yell at them. That basically all he did the whole game

jtoler

Guy's been coaching a long time which doesnt matter, an idiot knows to go for 2 IF youre trying to win on strategy. Only thing I can see is he was protecting ASU wagers lol seriously. Go for 2 and dont make it youre up 5 and if and when WV scores a TD no doubt they are going for 2 to be up 3. Why let the ASU boosters and other bettors who got the +3 early waste all that time on a push, nah, just kick the extra point then we are up 6, even if they score a td everybody on ASU still cash their tickets. If you go to OT then all those ASU bettors are upset if they lose by a td and some who had under +3 on a field goal.
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-03-16 at 01:52 AM.

swamijoe
    swamijoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

No doubt he knew it, been out for the longest, sure he had to know someone who had money on State, basically a home game too. Big money, Im sure those people who had State at +1.5 are happy with him win or lose.
    I've never seen anything like this. I was yelling at my tv. I had big money on asu ml. Fycking wish I'd taken the 1.5. But again I was shocked. And I kept waiting for the moron announcers to be like that was odd or say anything but nothing. The whole thing was the worst coaching I've ever seen. Because to respond to someone else that said the crowd was dumb booing when he called timeout. Noooooo. They were booing like I was yelling at the fact the moron let 15 seconds go by n then called timeout. Wow. I don't watch too many asu games but he may be the worst coach ever. Or something very shady was going on. penetrating asshole. Who dosnt go for 2 with like 4 minutes and change to go up 7. Never ever have I seen it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Guy's been coaching a long time which doesnt matter, an idiot knows to go for 2 IF youre trying to win on strategy. Only thing I can see is he was protecting ASU wagers lol seriously. Go for 2 and dont make it youre up 5 and if and when WV scores a TD no doubt they are going for 2 to be up 3. Why let the ASU boosters and other bettors who got the +3 early waste all that time on a push, nah, just kick the extra point then we are up 6, even if they score a td everybody on ASU still cash their tickets.
    That's the only semi-reasonable explanation but I still think they play to win the game above all else......That whole timeout blunder at the end just makes me think the coach is a complete fukkin moron

BigDofBA

Guy's been coaching a long time which doesnt matter, an idiot knows to go for 2 IF youre trying to win on strategy. Only thing I can see is he was protecting ASU wagers lol seriously. Go for 2 and dont make it youre up 5 and if and when WV scores a TD no doubt they are going for 2 to be up 3. Why let the ASU boosters and other bettors who got the +3 early waste all that time on a push, nah, just kick the extra point then we are up 6, even if they score a td everybody on ASU still cash their tickets.
    You're giving Graham too much credit. He is just a dumbass.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by swamijoe View Post
    I've never seen anything like this. I was yelling at my tv. I had big money on asu ml. Fycking wish I'd taken the 1.5. But again I was shocked. And I kept waiting for the moron announcers to be like that was odd or say anything but nothing. The whole thing was the worst coaching I've ever seen. Because to respond to someone else that said the crowd was dumb booing when he called timeout. Noooooo. They were booing like I was yelling at the fact the moron let 15 seconds go by n then called timeout. Wow. I don't watch too many asu games but he may be the worst coach ever. Or something very shady was going on. penetrating asshole. Who dosnt go for 2 with like 4 minutes and change to go up 7. Never ever have I seen it
    Exactly. I think I just said that above....I thought he left like 20 seconds burn off. I was watching the game wondering WTF maybe he is waiting until second down. Then the dumbass calls a timeout after the playclock ran halfway down. LMAO.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Has he been asked about it yet?

First 1234 Last