TCOBB0831
    TCOBB0831's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Missouri +14 against Arkansas (Friday)

Anybody care to talk me out of this one??

I definitely don't think Missouri has a very good chance of winning this game, but I do believe that their defense is good enough to cover a two TD spread. Arkansas' defense also isn't that good, and even though Mizzou's offense has been horrendous since Mauk got suspended, they did have a decent game against BYU (which is what this game kind of reminds me of in a way).

Arkansas comes in very hot as they've won 4 out of 5 while Mizzou enters the game needing a W to solidify their bowl bid....and not to mention, it will be their head coach's (Gary Pinkel) last game unless they win. Anybody else liking this...or want to talk me out of this? BOL everybody

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

This line also stood out to me when I first glanced at the odds. Fourteen points seems a bit generous to a Mizzou team that can play some very stingy defense. But, as always with this team, their offense is as bad as their defense is good, and hence the line. I've been waiting all year for Missouri to show some kind of pulse offensively, but they are terrible on that side of the ball. That being said, two touchdowns offers a nice margin for error, and if the defense is their usual self, I feel like the Tigers are the right side in this game... and as you said, playing for Pinkel is an added angle to consider. GL

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5417

If they play like they did last week, they will lose by 40-60 points. TN should have beaten them by at least 40 but their inept offense couldn't punch it in when they were in the red zone and they kicked or missed field goals the wholfe game. Arky doesn't have that problem with their big O Line!

I think it could easily be a 56-7 type of game.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Wait why does this game remind you of the BYU game?

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    If they play like they did last week, they will lose by 40-60 points. TN should have beaten them by at least 40 but their inept offense couldn't punch it in when they were in the red zone and they kicked or missed field goals the wholfe game. Arky doesn't have that problem with their big O Line!

I think it could easily be a 56-7 type of game.
    As bad as Missouri is on O Ark is worse than that on D. No way in HELL does Arkansas hold them to 7

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

The game is at Arkansas right? I don't know. I could see the Hogs lighting it up at home. On the road id think different.

Eddy Munny

There's supposed to be lots of rain in Fayetteville today... could lead to a lower than expected scoring game and play into the hands of the underdog.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Arkansas should roll here.

Mizzou can't score.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

One teams gonna get TDs , the others gonna kick 3's .... 27-9

TCOBB0831

rolled pretty big with Mizzou +15 at kickoff.. defense wants this game for GP's final possible game and while Mizzou's offense is trash, so is Arky's defense... not to mention, they're expecting 2-4 inches of rain throughout the day. we'll see how it goes. BOL everybody

Eddy Munny

I parlayed Mizzou with the Under. Hoping to get my money back from that stupid Navy bet.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Arkansas should roll here.

Mizzou can't score.
    14-0.

Can Mizzou score.........

GmenYanksNJ
    GmenYanksNJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 413

High spread with low u/o is the recipe for a blow out

TCOBB0831

Yep. it's about to get ugly, lol. Game turned sour right after the officials missed the punt that hit the Arky player that Mizzou recovered inside Arky's 20. Mizzou's defense is already winded. final score won't be pretty.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5417

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    As bad as Missouri is on O Ark is worse than that on D. No way in HELL does Arkansas hold them to 7

mmmkay Mizzu down 21-3 at the half. They may not get to 7.