TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU Defense took a hit today

Safety Jalen Mills, the leader on the Tigers' squad, out 6 weeks with fractured fibula.

QB questions on offense, now this, looks like The Hat might be in for a long season in Baton Rouge? Doubt he is back against Mississippi State and Auburn games.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

a bit of good news is without looking at current depth chart or recruiting for the last year or 3... I can guarantee you LSU has some stud that will fill in and do the job they recruit very well on that side of the ball especially at DB. I think they may can ole lester after this season even with the rumored large buyout. But replace him with who? That's the question.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

they were know threat guy

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    a bit of good news is without looking at current depth chart or recruiting for the last year or 3... I can guarantee you LSU has some stud that will fill in and do the job they recruit very well on that side of the ball especially at DB. I think they may can ole lester after this season even with the rumored large buyout. But replace him with who? That's the question.
    I agree probably be fine as they recruit great on D side

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

so many great athletes on these teams it really does not hurt much

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    so many great athletes on these teams it really does not hurt much
    they grow on trees down there in the Lou....EVERY JC team worth their salt here in so cal has at least 3 players or so from the Lou all fast as hell and Lsu passed on them or they didn't have grades or whatever but it tells you how much talent they have in that state.... Some monsters down there in the south in general people are just made different down there....slavery? maybe because I don't see too many brothas like LSU has or the SEC teams in general at USC or walking around here in LA.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Jordan Jefferson's little brother will be his replacement at Safety. The thing about Mills is his experience on that Defense. Played in every single game since he got to school.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    they were know threat guy
    SEC West is wide open this season. LSU could easily be there in December to represent that side of the conference.

Alabama is another year away from getting their feet back under them with a stranglehold on the West. Auburn looks loaded again but similar to Alabama, schedule gets them in a bit of a bind. Arkansas will surprise a team or two and while Miss State will fall off from last season that Ole Miss Defense will be nasty this year. Texas A&M will be much improved this season as well.

TeamDetroit
    TeamDetroit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2771

Richie Jefferson is going to take his spot and he played in all 13 games last year so it should be a problem with him filling in for Mills. Even behind Jefferson theres Corey Robinson who will have to fill in here and there. Robinson has been on the team since 2012 and is finally healthy after being redshirted all year. Although it is a big hit to lose Mills, these guys should be able to step up and fill the spot until Mills comes back.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Jordan Jefferson's little brother will be his replacement at Safety. The thing about Mills is his experience on that Defense. Played in every single game since he got to school.
    they'll be fine ... trust me when I tell you anybody can play safety it wasn't too long ago they would throw QBS at safety on the NFL level. I don't follow LSU football like I used to but they'll be fine safety isn't that complex.

jets2580
    jets2580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

LSU team total over 8.5 wins take it to the bank