Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Jameis Winston is a once in a generation QB

John Elway, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck... Famous Jameis.

You heard it here. He will immediately turn around whatever team takes him. A futures bet on Tampa Bay has tremendous value as they will be an instant playoff team if they take him.

Mac4Lyfe

Sport : NFL Futures
    Selection : NFL Super Bowl 50Tampa Bay Buccaneers +14000

Odds to win Super Bowl 50

Mac4Lyfe

Bump...

Great win over the Falcons in their house. Sure they're only 3 and 4 on the season but you can see the light bulb go off on Winston the last 4 weeks. If they can sure up the defense, they have a great shot at competing in the NFC South.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Didn't see the game today but he did look great last week.

Mac4Lyfe

He looked real good this week too but the defense is still leaking like a sieve. He made several incredibly hard throws today but missed a few which is expected. You can see him learning on the job and is looking very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Didn't see the game today but he did look great last week.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

He's a true leader on the field , he takes control already in his first year ! The guys gonna be great ,no getting around that , but I wanna see him do it vs a good defense first ....

Mac4Lyfe

The Falcons have a pretty good defensive squad. Winston did a good job today. He's getting better at not throwing stupid interceptions. Their schedule is manageable. They could go playoff hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    He's a true leader on the field , he takes control already in his first year ! The guys gonna be great ,no getting around that , but I wanna see him do it vs a good defense first ....

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Mariota will turn out to be better. Jameis still makes too many mistakes. He tries to make too much of something and then ends up growing an int. Got real lucky Atlanta dropped some easy INTs today or he would have been the goat.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Its fun silencing the haters.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Playoff hunting? They'll finish 4th in the South. But, he has continued to improve and is looking better and better.

Mac4Lyfe

The bucs are in the hunt for a playoff spot right now. They won't win the division with Carolina and Cam playing lights fukking out but if they can make a 2nd half push, they can compete for a wild card.

Winston became one of just two Buccaneer players to throw five touchdown passes in a game and is one of three rookies in league history to accomplish the feat.

Jameis' is learning on the job and is going to be a terror for opposing defenses. He's reminding me of Cam right now, where he can kill you with his arm and his legs. Winston's vision is incredible and he can anticipate and throw ahead of routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Playoff hunting? They'll finish 4th in the South. But, he has continued to improve and is looking better and better.

navyblue81

I don't like Jameis Winston. I think he's a piece of garbage. But I give credit where credit is due...he's having a good season. Now a lot of that has to do with a great OL there that is protecting him and some huge WRs, and he's getting them the ball.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think his OL is great by any stretch. Winston is getting the ball out quickly but still taking too many hits.

Mike Evans who has been hurt and missed all preseason with Winston and Vincent Jackson who missed 3 games are both big receivers but the rest of the crew are pretty small. Louis Murphy is also out for the season, so Winston really hasn't had a stead set of WR's and none of them are what I would call game changers.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think his OL is great by any stretch. Winston is getting the ball out quickly but still taking too many hits.

Mike Evans who has been hurt and missed all preseason with Winston and Vincent Jackson who missed 3 games are both big receivers but the rest of the crew are pretty small. Louis Murphy is also out for the season, so Winston really hasn't had a stead set of WR's and none of them are what I would call game changers.
    His OL is good. He didn't even have to wash his jersey after the game yesterday and Doug Martin is running through truck-sized holes. And those two WRs you mentioned are big targets and great athletes. I think if you flipped roles and the Bucs drafted Mariota and Titans drafted Winston, both players would be having the same success in the other's spot. Mariota is doing pretty well despite not having the weapons around him like Jameis has.

Mac4Lyfe

Mariotta is not in the same area code as Winston. Not even close. Once teams figured Mariotta out, he's been below average. You shall see.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Bullshit.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Im gonna be honest I did NOT like winston coming out of college. I chose Mariota over him to be the better NFL QB. I would now choose Winston without ANY DOUBT in my mind. Winston looks really good and is getting better and better every game.. The only people who say otherwise clearly havent been watching the games.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

These 2 articles are all I need to read to know that the Titans don't think much of Marriota as a passer or thinker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-ti...o-audible-much

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...a-running-more

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerC View Post
    Bullshit.

Mac4Lyfe

First year I didn't have a futures bet on Tampa Bay and they are now in the Super Bowl.