Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Regul8er's 2014-15 Bowl Thread

What's poppin SBR fam? It's been a long time since I've been on here, even longer since I've wagered on games.

I've got a completely new perspective on life........and have landed a life altering job that I've worked my a$$ off for. Getting my MBA has already paid huge dividends in just a couple months! Just here in good spirits this go around, no getting pissed, no rants.......just here for entertainment purposes, and hopefully win a couple bucks along the way. If this starts making me upset and miserable, I'll pull the plug immediately....or my wife will......either one!

With things slowing down slightly for the Christmas Break.....and having some extra dough, I will strictly play College Bowl games, and post my plays and analysis in this thread. I've watched ALOT of college football this year, and have an overall record of (0-0-0, 0 units), LOL.

Look forward to interacting in here the next few weeks. I'll be back tomorrow with my first batch of plays.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Fade

Regul8er
    Wordd

I hear ya Eddy.....do what ya gotta do!

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Good luck Reg, I will be tagging along for the ride!

Regul8er
    Wordd

NEW ORLEANS BOWL - UL-LAFAYETTE RAGIN' CAJUNS (8-4) vs NEVADA WOLFPACK (7-5)
    Game Played in New Orleans, Louisiana
    Saturday, December 20th (11:00am EST)

The bowl season officially kicks off at 11am EST tomorrow morning, with a HUGE matchup in the New Orleans Bowl, lol. Louisiana Lafayette playing their Bowl game in the SuperDome again, no big surprise! They have played particularly well here over the years, looking for their 4th straight Bowl win.

Nevada QB Cody Fajardo has put up some ridiculous numbers over his career. Recently he just joined a short list of all time FBS QB's with 9,000 yards passing and 3,000 yards rushing....along with former Nevada QB Kaepernick. I'm trying to be very impartial and not cap this game solely on a very good dual-threat QB. Besides, having weeks to prepare for a Bowl game, in particiular a dynamic player like Fajardo, allows defensive coordinators to put a solid gameplan together.

I'll be honest, I don't know exactly what to think of ULL. They got blown out by top 30 teams Louisiana Tech, Boise St and Ole Miss...but then they won 7 of their last 8, winning by an average of 14+ points over a few decent opponents, but many FBS bottom feeders.

I really think ULL will have a HUGE advantage running the ball on Nevada's leaky rush defense. Nevada gave up around 180 yards per game on the ground. Not good, because ULL features Alonzo Harris and Elijah McGuire who have combined for over 50 TD's the past 2 seasons featuring a top 30 run offense. Not to mention, Terrance Broadway is also a dual threat QB, as he ran for over 600 yards this season, which will likely give the Wolfpack more fits.

I don't see any real advantage in the passing game for either team, or stopping the pass. ULL run defense isn't great.....but like mentioned earlier, if they can gameplan to try and slow down Fajardo with extra preparation, it'll be a huge plus.

Further, I don't see any big advantages in Special Teams. Both QB's are Seniors and should be hungry to finish off their collegiate career with W's.....so this should cancel each other out. On second thought, maybe a plus for ULL since Broadway is 3-0 in this Bowl game. The intangible I like for ULL here is the 11am start time on the East Coast. How will Nevada respond to playing a 9am game? Also ULL has been here before...knows what to expect, and will have likely 90% of the crowd on its side. Let's be honest, not many folks from Reno are going to care to commute across the country to watch the New Orleans bowl.

MY PICK : UL-Lafayette +1, -105 (Risk $262 to Win $250)
    Last edited by Regul8er; 12-19-14 at 11:23 AM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

NEW MEXICO BOWL - UTAH ST AGGIES (9-4) vs UTEP MINERS (7-5)
    Game Played in Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Saturday, December 20th (2:20pm EST)

When teams lose their top 3 QB's on the depth chart, you can normally write them off for the season. After Keeton, Garettson and Harrison went down in a couple week span...Utah St has been forced to go with true freshman Kent Myers. However, Utah St still loaded with skilled players and a solid front line.....has simplified the offense, and has allowed Myers to be efficient, leading to W's. In fact, in the 5 games Myers started, they have relied more on pounding the ball, and have averaged about 6 yards per carry over the that span, going 4-1.....with a blowout loss at Boise. The problem for UTEP, they haven't played very many good running teams, and are still giving up way too much on the ground.

Jojo Natson could be a difference maker for the Aggies. The dimunitive RB/WR/Returner has really picked up his productivity since Myers has taken over......making for a nice shifty safety valve.

UTEP has one of the worst air threats in the country, and Utah St shuts down the run. If they get ahead.....and force UTEP to air it out, it could spell big time trouble for the Miners, as Utah St gets to the Quarterback with ease, as they are 3rd in the country with 48 sacks. I really think the Aggies stack the line, and do whatever it takes to keep Aaron Jones in check, who rushed for over 1,200 yards this year. But when UTEP played top rush defenses in K-State and L-Tech, they rushed for 59 and 81 respectively. I just don't see anything worth getting excited over for UTEP. UTEP's best win on the season came by 3 in the season closer at home vs MTSU! Seriously, look at their schedule....every win was against a non-Bowl team. I mean they just got torched a few weeks ago by 18 at Rice.

I see Utah St getting a lead, building a lead.....getting pressure on Jamiell Showers, and never looking back.

MY PICK : Utah St -10, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

ROYAL PURPLE BOWL - COLORADO ST RAMS (10-2) vs UTAH UTES (7-5)
    Game Played in Last Vegas, Nevada
    Saturday, December 20th (3:30pm EST)

This game was a difficult cap for me. I had the line right at Utah -3 before looking at it. The fact that it dropped under a FG, motivated me to take Utah here.

Obviously playing in the PAC-12, the level of competition was quite a bit higher for Utah in comparison to Colorado St. Utah. Based on adjusted numbers, Utah played against significantly better offenses, and gave up less yardage per game on both the ground and through the air. Even though Colorado State's scoring defense is in line with Utah, clear advantage for Utah here.

Colorado has a slinger in Grayson, no question about it. They also have 1st team All American Higgins at wideout. But based on the numbers, Colorado St's passing game is very similar to that of USC, UCLA and Arizona St, who held the three on average under 250 in the air per game. The Rams are also pretty efficient on the ground with Dee Hart averaging nearly 7 yards per touch. They will score points on Saturday, no question about it. But the 4 defenses they've faced most similar to Utah in the top 40 are BC, Air Force, Utah St and Boise St, and they only averaged 22 points per game in those outings. They scored about 43 per game against some of lower ranked defense.....big discrepancy there!

Colorado St does have their struggles containing the run game....and Utah should be able to exploit that. Similar to my analysis with Utah St, if Utah can get a lead, they can control the game offensively between the tackles.

My concern with Utah is motivation having to play the MWC on the first Saturday of Bowl games, when they were a bounce or two away this year from playing in the New Years game. On the other side, how will Colorado St respond to losing their Head Coach to Florida?

I like Utah to prevail in a tight contest....maybe 27-21, or somewhere in that range.

MY PICK : Utah -2.5, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

IDAHO POTATO - AIR FORCE FALCONS (9-3) vs WESTERN MICHIGAN MUSTANGS (8-4)
    Game Played in Boise, Idaho
    Saturday, December 20th (5:45 pm EST)

Western Michigan has been a feel good story this year, winning 8 games, and just missing out on getting to the MAC Championship game. But at the same time, they didn't do anything too impressive. Basically they beat the bottom dwellers in the MAC, and won a couple weak non conference games in Idaho and Murray St. They lost on the road to Purdue and Virginia Tech by 9 and 18 on the road, which normally wouldn't have been terrible losses, but this year they look that way.

On the other hand, Air Force had some VERY NICE wins over Boise St, Colorado St, and then some quality ones against Navy and Nevada. I was surprised to see that the Falcons don't have the traditional option like we've been accustomed to, as they averaged over 160 per game in the air.....and about 185 against similar pass defenses to WMU. Air Force did struggle on the ground this year, only averaging about 4 yards per carry, and were near the bottom in overall efficiency. BUTTTTT, the Mustangs had difficulty stopping the run this year.

I love Troy Clahoun as a coach, and I would chalk this intangible up to the Air Force Academy. They've been to a lot of bowl games in years past, so this is a place of comfort to them, while WMU hasn't been in this spot in a few years. I also see an advantage for Air Force in the kicking game, as WMU doesn't even attempt them if they stretch beyond 40. THis could loom large in a close game, which I'm sure most expect.

MY PICK : Air Force +1.5, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

CAMEILLIA BOWL - BOWLING GREEN FALCONS (7-6) vs SOUTH ALABAMA JAGUARS (6-6)
    Game Played in Montgomery, Alabama
    Saturday, December 20th (9:15pm EST)

I'm going to come out and say it, worst bowl game of the season! Not sure how this game gets the spotlight on its own, while you have better games going on at the same time, but what do I know.

Both teams really come in reeling. Bowling Green has lost 3 straight, including getting blown out to Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship. In fact, they didn't a bowl team all season. Same story for South Alabama, no wins over bowl teams and have lost 4 of their last 5. However, they did hang in their closer, and moved the ball pretty well against Navy.

Bowling Green got absolutely gashed defensively the entire season. In fact, teams have rushed for 195 yards or more in 8 of their 13 games! Bowling Green has moved the ball pretty well this season and put points up, but their production came down significantly when they played teams with similar defensive rankings as South Alabama. QB James Knapke had some terrific games early in the year, but seems to have lost some confidence along the way. Other then torching Kent St 4 games ago.....he has been pretty lackluster moving the ball in 5 of the last 6, which can be attributed to a beat up O-Line.

Generally I will side with defense against offense.....and I will do so again tonight. Looking at special teams efficiency, noth teams are pretty much identical. Being brand new to the FBS scene, the Jaguars will play in their first ever bowl game......and what a luxury to play a few hours down the road from Mobile in Montgomery Alabama. Trust me, they will put bodies in the seats......and I highly doubt their will be much support their for the Falcons. So my pick is based on defense and special teams here.

MY PICK : South Alabama -2.5, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Good to see you back and congrats on the new job and everything else that comes with it.

Just make sure you don't get sucked into this again.

Good luck with yer bets!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Uncomfortable picking South Alabama.....shoulda passed.....but what can ya do.

Take notice boys, 4-1 start to Bowl season....hopefully we can keep things rolling tomorrow.

I can tell I've matured a bit here...because in the past, I would have taken my winning and tried to make it bigger on NFL Sunday, and would have blown all the work and research I did for the Bowls.

Keeping myself focused here.......hope everyone's week ended well, and goodluck in the upcoming week.

kj8210
    kj8210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14103

Any thoughts on tomorrows game Reg? Leaning BYU +2

nickcruz60
    nickcruz60's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4380

Over

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by kj8210 View Post
    Any thoughts on tomorrows game Reg? Leaning BYU +2
    I'll have a writeup tomorrow before 12pm EST. Still crunching my numbers on this one.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bowl Record to Date: 4-1 (80.0%) +$713.........+2.85 units

MIAMI BEACH BOWL - MEMPHIS TIGERS (9-3) vs BYU COUGARS (8-4)

Game Played in Miami, Florida
    Monday, December 22th (2:00pm EST)

I've really been on the fence on this game.......but have finally unlocked a few numbers that have swayed me for good.

Both teams enter Miami playing some good football, with Memphis winning 6 straight and BYU winning 4 straight. This is uncharted territory for Memphis and very familiar for Bronco Mendenhall's squad.

BYU had high expectations coming into the season, with their sights on much bigger Bowls. Taysom Hill was on the Heisman Watch early, before losing his season to a broken leg. Since his departure, Christian Stewart has come in and done a very adequate job throwing for 22 TD's vs 6 INT's, but not nearly the running threat Hill was. BYU also lost their starting running back Jamaal Williams about 6 games ago....and have seen a dip in production in the running game. BYU had a very rough stretch in the middle of their season, losing 4 straight, by an average of 14 points. They have however won their last 4 , haven't beaten the highest level of competition, but have been putting up points. A win at Cal in the closer still looks solid. This is telling me they have regrouped since losing their QB and RB.

Memphis on the other hand is lead by their defense, no question about it. They haven't given up over 20 points in a game over their 6 game winning streak. They have not given up over 180 yards on the ground yet this season, and they gave that up against Ole Miss early, who has a potent ground attack. So let's just say they are pretty stingy. On the offensive side Paxton Lynch has been solid controlling the games under center, with 18 TD's against 6 INT's and a solid 139 QB rating. He is completing 64% of his passes and has made very few mistakes. He isn't an explosive dual threat QB, but he did run for 283 yards on the ground this year. They also have 3 backs who get regular touches, with them having between 300 and 900 yards.

What I find interesting here is that BYU has faced better rated offenses this season (according to my numbers) and has given up 381 yards per game, against 361 by Memphis. However, when Memphis has faced similar offenses to BYU, they have given up 100 yards more per game, while BYU has given up 9 yards more per game against similar offenses as Memphis. According to my crunching, I feel BYU has a slight edge both offensively and defensively.

Now the intangibles.......BYU has Mendalhall who consistently makes Bowl Games, so their preparation should be solid. On the other side, Memphis is playing their first bowl game since 1998. Reminds me a little bit of the Air Force/Western Michigan matchup on Saturday. According to ESPN Special Teams Efficiencies, Memphis is #1 in the country. Looking into the numbers, their return games on kickoffs and punts is impressive......but BYU averages about 7 yards more per punt, and pins opponents inside the 20 more regularly. Also, BYU's Place Kicker is hitting at 83.3% while Memphis is at 65%.

I'm really a bit confused as to why BYU are getting points here? Sure BYU has had some injuries over the course of the year, but they have had guys jump in an do a great job for over half the season. I know this isn't where BYU envisioned being, but Bronco Mendenhall is a fantastic coach, and I just don't think he will allow his squad to overlook a lesser profile Memphis program. I don't want to think about it too much though, I will take the points, and leave it at that.

MY PICK : BYU +2, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bowl Record to Date: 4-2 (66.7%) +$438.........+1.75 units

BOCA RATON BOWL - MARSHALL THUNDERING HERD (12-1) vs NORTHERN ILLINOIS (11-2)

Game Played in Boca Raton, Florida
    Tuesday, December 23rd (6:00pm EST)

Difficult loss with BYU.......but roll with the punches, not going to get me down.

I don't have time for the long winded writeups that I've been providing. Marshall had been embarassing opponent ALL season, albeit pretty weak opponent, up until 3 games ago. The three best teams they faced all season were in it's final 3 games, as they beat UAB by 5, lost in double OT to Western Kentucky by 1 and squeezed past Louisiana Tech by 3 in the C-USA championship game on their home turf. Playing against a step up in competition, lowered all key numbers offensively and defensively. They still run the ball extremely effectively, and Cato has turned into a very nice story.

Northern Ill does it with a potent running attack and limiting opponents...especially inside the red zone. They are ranked top 10 in the country in limited the number of TD's opponents score in the red zone. Northern Ill is riding high off a dominant win over Bowling Green in the MAC Championship.

To be honest, I thought Marshall was going to be favorite in the 3-5 range.....when I saw the number at 10.....I almost jumped out of my chair.

Way too many points in a game that I expect will play out similar to yesterday's game between Memphis and BYU. According to my numbers, I have the Huskies on the same level as Marshall's last 3 opponents. I expect Northern Illinois to be able to tame Cato and company just enough here.

MY PICK : Northern Illinois +10, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

POINSETTIA BOWL - SAN DIEGO ST AZTECS (7-5) vs NAVY MIDSHIPMEN (7-5)
    Game Played in San Diego, California
    Tuesday, December 23rd (9:30pm EST)

Good matchup here with two run first offenses. SDSU has beaten the teams they were supposed to this year, which was enough to secure them a Bowl bid at home. When they fell behind, they had a difficult time coming back, as they got very inconsistent play from the QB position. SDSU though was able to stay in many games, because of their defense, especially run defense.

Navy on the other hand is run all day, every day. Keenan Reynolds, the QB of the option attack is a superb athlete. THey can lull you asleep with run, run, run, run.....but Reynolds is a good enough decision maker and athlete to notice a weak coverage, and exploit it. In terms of SDSU, it's always difficult to prepare for an option attack. They did handle Air Force about a month ago, but Air Force doesn't feature the option exlusively, they give you many different looks. Hard to prepare for the constant blocks at the knees...can make linebackers pretty uncomfortable.

Navy played a much more difficult schedule, and competed pretty well against Ohio St and Notre Dame. Navy gives up yardage, no question about it....but they have been pretty solid defensively in the red zone. With SDSU lacking down field threats, Navy can get extra men into the box, at least until they get burnt a time or two.

SDSU gets the benefit of playing at home, but at the same token, Navy will have supporters there.....it won't be completely one sided. Normally I like taking against option teams in Bowl games, since coaching staffs have weeks to prepare, but I'm going against my standard. I was expecting this line to be about a Pick....so I'm gladly take the points here.

MY PICK : Navy +3.5, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

Pretty happy with where I am tonight.....feel like I was the beneficiary of two very solid lines as well.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I honestly didn't expect this kind of effort from Northern Ill........on to the next one! Desperately need Navy to stop my streak, losing my mojo quickly here.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bowl Record to Date: 5-3 (62.5%) +$413.........+1.65 units

BAHAMAS BOWL - WESTERN KENTUCKY HILLTOPPERS (7-5) vs CENTRAL MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS (7-5)

Game Played in Nassau, Bahamas
    Wednesday, December 24th (12:00pm EST)

Navy got me back on track, and stopped a 3 game losing streak. They tried to lose it though, fumbling 4 times, 3 in their own territory. Just glad SDSU couldn't get anything going.

I watched the Marshall/Northern Ill game, and learned a lot about C-USA and the MAC. Mostly, the MAC isn't very good, lol. One of the stingiest defenses around got absolutely manhandled by an offensive powerhouse. Well Western Kentucky has a top 20 offense as well, as Senior WB Brandon Doughty was incredible throwing for 4,344 yards with 44 TD's and 10 INT's. They don't run too much, but still average 5 yards per carry...which is enough to keep a defense honest.

CMU looks very average offensively, and that's likely because they play some pretty bad MAC defenses. They only scored 10 earlier this year at Kansas....that tells me a little bit. Numbers wise, they look very average defensively as well.

I'll be honest, I don't know a thing about CMU, but I don't care. I watched how Marshall ran it up today, and why can't WKU with their gun slinger?

MY PICK : Western Kentucky -3.5, -115 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Welcome back Reg. Thanks for the posts, tread carefully here Bro. Glad you and your life are back on track. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas...

Regul8er
    Wordd

HAWAII BOWL - FRESNO ST BULLDOGS (6-7) vs RICE OWLS (7-5)
    Game Played in Honolulu, Hawaii
    Wednesday, December 24th (8:00pm EST)

Sorry, no time for a write up here, but I did run my numbers! Fresno has been battered all season, losing by 28 or more 4 times.....Rice got smacked around by Marshall and L-Tech but ran through the rest of the C-USA.

Neither defense is very good here......but Rice does have a pretty potent air attack, ranking top 40. Give me Rice!

MY PICK : Rice -2, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

no wind there today 4mph max, thats very unusual, rain most of the day but tapers off wonder if they play on real grass? --- you are a preety good capper dude.
    Last edited by donkbetter; 12-24-14 at 11:33 AM.

nickcruz60
    nickcruz60's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4380

On it with rice. GL

simonrdr
    simonrdr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Western Kentucky forgot that the game didn't end after 3 quarters...
    Last edited by simonrdr; 12-24-14 at 05:11 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Not sure where to rank that WKU debacle on my all time list today, lol. But like I said, Ive turned a new page, and not going to let stuff like this bother anymore. Lets hope Rice hangs onto this cover. If they can, 6-4 in the first 10 plays is a good place to be.

Merry Christmas to everyone out there.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bowl Record to Date: 6-4 (60.0%) +$400.........+1.50 units

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL - ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI (6-6) vs LOUISIANA TECH BULLDOGS (8-5)

Game Played in Dallas, Texas
    Friday, December 26th (1:00pm EST)

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and appreciated the day for what it truly is!

Louisiana Tech had some very solid wins and some questionable losses over the course of the season. Losing at home to D1-AA Northwestern St and losing at Old Dominion is head scratching, when you consider the Bulldogs won by 28 at Louisiana Lafayette, beat UTEP 55-3, beat Western Kentucky 59-10, beat Rice 76-31 and lost 26-23 in Huntington in the C-USA Championship a few weeks back. I mean those wins are ROCK SOLID, after watching the first week of Bowl Games. The Bulldogs can definately move the ball and put up points, as Senior Cody Sokol threw for 3,300 yards and 29 TD's, and Kenneth Dixon ran for over 1,200 yards, averaging over 5 yards per touch, and got in the endzone 21 times.

But the calling card for the Bulldogs is their prowess on the defensive end of the ball. I have them ranked top 20 overall, and 20 both on the ground and through the air. These guys held Western Kentucky to 10 points, and Marshall to 26.......I cannot fathom how anybody in the country is able to do that. An average of 18 against those 2 teams.

When looking at Illinois season, they had a nice win by 4 over Minnesota, a solid win 42-34 over Western Kentucky at home early and a season ending win against Northwestern to get them into this Bowl game. Losing at home to Purdue hurts. In their 4 losses this year at Washington, at Nebraska, at Ohio St and at home against Iowa, they lost by a combined 174-61, an average of 28 per game. Offensively and defensively I have Illinois in or around the middle of the pack in College Football. At times they have a very difficult time running the ball effectively, and QB Wes Lunt doesn't have the firepower to bring them into games, largely due to their O-Line.

Then to wrap things up....Louisiana Tech much better in the kicking game. L-Tech was 17-26, which is respectable in College, including 6-13 from 40+ yards. Illinois only made 7 FG's in 12 games this season.....and have only attempted 1 over 40 yards. This tells me they have no confidence in their kicking game whatsoever! Also, the game is being played in Dallas (much closer to L-Tech) and I would think L-Tech will be licking their chops, getting an opportunity to play the Big 10 in a Bowl Game.

If the good Louisiana Tech shows up...it might not even matter what Illinois shows up.

MY PICK : Louisiana Tech -6, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

QUICK LANE BOWL - RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS (7-5) vs NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS (6-6)
    Game Played in Detroit, Michigan
    Friday, December 26th (4:30pm EST)

I guess when you have a Big 10 team and an ACC team playing in a Bowl game on Boxing Day in Detroit, there were some inconsistencies between both throughout the season, which is true here. UNC started the season 2-4, but flipped the script and finished up 4-2. The 4 game losing streak early saw them get smacked in the mouth, and lost by 29 to East Carolina and got doubled up 34-17 at home vs Virginia Tech...YIKES. Then they won 3 very solid road games over Georgia Tech, Virginia and Duke.....but then got got roughed up 35-7 at home on Senior Day vs NC State!

Rutgers pretty much won the games they had a chance to....and got destroyed against Michigan St, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Ohio St. Rutgers got road wins against Washington St, Navy and Maryland.....which are three pretty solid wins!

According to my numbers, I have Rutgers with a slightly better offense. They are led by Senior QB Gary Nova. He has started 40 games for Rutgers, and has a very up and down career.....flashes of brilliance, and then some very inconsistent play. He may be playing with a sense of urgency, knowing his career is winding down....and played arguably his best game of the season at Maryland (a team with a pretty solid defense, especially against the pass), with 347 yards, 4 TD's and 0 Picks. On the ground. North Carolina's offense begins and ends with Marquise Williams without question. Dual threat QB who led his team in rushing. He distributes the ball around, as 4 guys caught over 30 balls, each with over 400 yards receiving.

I also have Rutgers ranked slightly better then UNC defensively as well. Both teams have gotten lit up in the secondary, but Rutgers has more success getting to the QB, and forcing negative plays, with 10 more sacks then UNC this year. Both are virtually the same in efficiency against the run.

According to ESP Special teams, Rutgers is ranked #11 in yards per return on kickoffs, while UNC is #62, with Rutgers averaging 3 more yards per return. Rutgers also has an edge in the Field Goal kicking game as well. Rutgers was 14-19, and was 5-8 from 40-49 yard FG attempts, which is pretty good. If it wasn't for New Mexico, North Carolina would have the fewest FG's in College Football. They were 6-12 overall, going only 1-7 from kicks over 30 yards......only 1 FG over 30 yards ALL season! WOW

When games are expected to be decided late in the 4th quarter, I don't want a team who cannot hit a Field Goal. I had this game capped as Rutgers -2......so I was pleasantly surprised to see them getting 3 in this spot. I do think reputation has something to do with the line here.

MY PICK : Rutgers +3, +100 (Risk $250 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

BITCOIN BOWL - NORTH CAROLINA ST WOLFPACK (7-5) vs UCF GOLDEN KNIGHTS (9-3)
    Game Played in St. Petersburg, Florida
    Friday, December 26th (8:00pm EST)

Sorry guys, don't have the time to give a thorough writeup here.......but a couple points.

After losing a late heartbreaker in the opener in Ireland in Penn St and at Missouri, UCF won 9 of its last 10 games, including a dramatic 32-30 win over East Carolina on a hail Mary. NC State also comes in hot, winning 3 of its last 4, including nice road wins over Syracuse and North Carolina.

UCF is the clearly the better defensive team, while NC State is certainly the better offensive team, due to its run game. Definately a contrast in styles here.....as NC State likes to pound the pigskin, while UCF does a great job slowing down opponents run games.

UCF has won its last 3 Bowl Games under George O'Leary, including wins in the Fiesta Bowl last year and a win in the Liberty Bowl 4 years ago against Georgia. O'Leary has done a great job at putting the Golden Knights on the map, and winning some big games over the years. Since Dave Doeren left Northern Illinois to lead NC State, things haven't been quite so pretty. 10-14 overall in 2 years.....but a berth in the Bitcoin Bowl, due largely to an ACC that is down right now...compared to years past.

I think UCF can keep NC STate's offense in check....and will benefit from playing 100 miles from their campus. I like that O'Leary has led this team to Bowl wins in the past against big name programs as well.

MY PICK : Central Florida -2.5, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

take it easy REg, no need to bet every single bowl game

tread carefully my friend, doesn't take much (you know this) to hit a mega tilt and fall back into your old ways

Regul8er
    Wordd

I know patty....but I have a set amount to play all the bowl games...no NBA, no NFL, nothing else. Just all the Bowl games. Just hoping to come out if this ahead. Nice start today with L-Tech and Rutgers.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bowl Record to Date: 8-5 (61.5%) +$613.........+2.35 units

MILITARY BOWL - VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES (6-6) vs CINCINNATI BEATCATS (9-3)

Game Played in Annapolis, Maryland
    Saturday, December 27th (1:00pm EST)

MY PICK : Cincinnati Bearcats -3, -105 (Risk $262 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

SUN BOWL - DUKE BLUE DEVILS (9-3) vs ARIZONA ST SUN DEVILS (9-3)
    Game Played in El Paso, Texas
    Saturday, December 27th (2:00pm EST)

MY PICK : Duke Blue Devils +7.5, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

INDEPENDENCE BOWL - MIAMI FL HURRICANES (6-6) vs SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS (6-6)
    Game Played in Shreveport, Louisiana
    Saturday, December 27th (4:00pm EST)

MY PICK : SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS +3.5, -115 (Risk $287 to Win $250)

Regul8er
    Wordd

PINSTRIPE BOWL - BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES (7-5) vs PENN ST NITTANY LIONS (6-6)
    Game Played in Bronx, New York
    Saturday, December 27th (4:30pm EST)

MY PICK : Boston College -3, -110 (Risk $275 to Win $250)

12 Last