indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

10 Big Ten teams invited to bowls, ALL are underdogs

Just happened to notice that all 10 Big Ten teams in bowls are underdogs. Not sure I've ever seen that before. That is the market saying what many of us already know, the Big Ten is terrible. And to think a "playoff" team got invited for winning a garbage Big Ten title game 59-0 is embarrassing.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Yeah it will even be more embarrassing when Alabama loses to the garbage BIG 10!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Yeah it will even be more embarrassing when Alabama loses to the garbage BIG 10!
    You know anymore jokes?

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

I actually like Illinois ML +190. I look for Iowa and Minnesota to keep it real close.

NU is getting blown the f out.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

If the Big 10 goes 5-5 in bowl games does that change your opinion about the BIG 10? Just asking....

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I think Michigan St gets run over. Speed kills the MSU defense

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Roll with the SEC you can't go wrong.....

ACC is getting better with Clemson/Louisville/Miami

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    If the Big 10 goes 5-5 in bowl games does that change your opinion about the BIG 10? Just asking....
    No, why would it? They can go 7-3 and it won't dramatically change my opinion of them (although I admit I would look at them a bit more favorable if they win 7+). The market is saying how lousy they are, and if they win a handful of bowl games, that won't all of a sudden make it a good conference. Personally, I think they'll win 3 or 4 but if they win 5 or even 6 I won't be shocked, just like I won't be shocked if they only win 1 or 2. It's football, and it's not like a turnover or two wont tip the scales their way on many of these bowl games. They were a better conference last year, just so happens they stink worse than usual this year.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    If they go 5-5 I'd be very favorably impressed. I like the B1G 10 so would like to see it but 2-8 looks more likely.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Obviously teams like Illinois, Iowa, etc. are garbage but I think the key for the big ten will be the performances of MSU and OSU. Both schools should be playoff contenders again next year. If both schools play competitive games in their bowls I think it will influence the public perception of the conference's legitimacy, atleast from a playoff perspective