POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Was the TCU/Baylor exclusion a F#CK YOU?

TCU's only loss was the most impressive of any one loss team in college football. You could make an argument for Baylor, as they're the ones who beat TCU, but their loss was less than impressive. But how the hell does Ohio State get in?

Is this just a very thinly veiled fcck you to the Big 12 because they don't have a title game and were so lame about not announcing a champion? I can't understand how this happened.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Well, the Big 12 certainly isn't doing themselves any favors by not having a conference championship game. However, I think Ohio St. was building up so much momentum towards the end of the year that they became the favorites to advance to the playoffs, ahead of Baylor or TCU. The only thing that threw a wrench into those plans was the injury to J.T. Barrett, but when Cardale Jones showed up and shined on the big stage, to the tune of 59-0, Ohio St. suddenly became the darling once again.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

baylor won the conference so tcu was out and lost later in the season than ohio st did. ohio st is better tv ratings than baylor also.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Because OHIO STATE is without question better than both TCU and BAYLOR. their lose to VTech was bad, but the have noticeably improved every game since.

And we live in America so it's all about the money as well.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shirts View Post
    Because OHIO STATE is without question better than both TCU and BAYLOR. their lose to VTech was bad, but the have noticeably improved every game since.

And we live in America so it's all about the money as well.
    they went to ot vs penn st and struggled with indiana and michigan for most of the game. those teams are on par or worse than va tech.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

The committee made a mistake putting TCU at #3 to begin with if this is their final decision. Nothing that happened over the weekend warranted TCU dropping 3 spots. Say what you want, but TCUs overall resume is better than Ohio states.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I personally think Alabama amd TCU are the two best teams in college football, but that's just me. That's a game we deserved to see.

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

when this kind of stuff happens it makes me not want to support college football. so thats exactly what im going to do.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

OSU could have won 7-6 and they would have still put them in, its obvious its the name. Its about money, isnt everything.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    they went to ot vs penn st and struggled with indiana and michigan for most of the game. those teams are on par or worse than va tech.
    Exactly. Where are the explanations for what the committee does, do they explain themselves anywhere.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The biggest blame goes to the Big 12 Conference for not having a championship game. That would have made all the difference IMHO. It was known from the start that conference title games are part of the decision making for the playoff committee. Makes absolute no sense to why the Big 12 decided against having something that was such a key factor. I'll bet by next year they will change there minds after learning such a valuable lesson.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    TCU's only loss was the most impressive of any one loss team in college football. You could make an argument for Baylor, as they're the ones who beat TCU, but their loss was less than impressive. But how the hell does Ohio State get in?

Is this just a very thinly veiled fcck you to the Big 12 because they don't have a title game and were so lame about not announcing a champion? I can't understand how this happened.
    Buckeyes are one of the top 4 teams in the Nation.

how can u watch them and think otherwise?

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

TCU and Baylor should send Texas and OK a big thank you card for wrecking their conference.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    TCU and Baylor should send Texas and OK a big thank you card for wrecking their conference.
    LOL @Big 12 football

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    The biggest blame goes to the Big 12 Conference for not having a championship game. That would have made all the difference IMHO. It was known from the start that conference title games are part of the decision making for the playoff committee. Makes absolute no sense to why the Big 12 decided against having something that was such a key factor. I'll bet by next year they will change there minds after learning such a valuable lesson.
    uh they decided not to have one because they dont have enough teams... it would be pretty retarded to have a conference champ game when everyone plays each other.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Buckeyes are one of the top 4 teams in the Nation.

how can u watch them and think otherwise?
    Really? Having watched them struggle vs Navy and get killed at home against Virginia Tech, need OT against a very mediocre Penn St, or watch them actually behind Indiana at home in the middle of the 3rd quarter is hardly impressive. They're not even a top 10 team let alone a top 4 team. The Big Ten is a joke conference, easily the worst of the "power 5". Just look at the market, TEN Big 10 teams have been invited to bowls and ALL TEN are underdogs. I don't think that's ever happened before. But that says a lot, the Big Ten is absolute garbage.

TCU would wipe the floor with Ohio State, and anyone who knows anything about football knows it. On a neutral field, Ohio State would be an underdog to quite a few teams. But that's OK, it will be fun to watch them embarrass themselves in prime time again.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LOL @Big 12 football
    A lot better than Big 10 football, and I mean a LOT.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by BChrisB View Post
    You make it sound like they had a choice. They ARE NOT ALLOWED to have a title game with only 10 teams, they need at least 12. You know how much goes into adding teams to a conference? Perhaps you should try a little research before you embarrass yourself with your pleonastic ramblings.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

tcu got screwed. i had tcu to win it all at +4500 (50/2250).

such bullshit.

tcu should have been in it.

i had shot at 45/1.

so pissed.

robbery.