Betpoints: 10

Florida very poor state
    No thank you

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    If they had Missouri's schedule, they wouldn't beat Georgia, Arkansas or Florida on the road (they may beat Florida at home).

Speaking of Arizona State, they both played Notre Dame. FSU needed a lucky call at the end to beat them at home. Arizona State beat them by 24. And with that schedule, FSU would not beat UCLA and Arizona and possibly USC on the road.

If FSU can barely beat Notre Dame, Miami and Boston College (two of those being at home), how are they going to beat some of those teams? I'll give the fact that ND is not the same team now with their MLB out, but still they can't struggle with them the way they did.
    are u saying missouri is better than fsu? missouri only has one loss in its conference games and that is close to undefeated. fsu doesnt lose to indiana and has a good shot at georgia and they wouldnt have even played arkansas yet.

asu got 5 turnovers against notre dame or they lose handily. florida state got one pass interference call that was pass interference. look at ucla's non conference games you will see that they are on par with acc teams. usc lost to bc so you cant say they are harder than acc teams and they wont have played arizona yet.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    are u saying missouri is better than fsu? missouri only has one loss in its conference games and that is close to undefeated. fsu doesnt lose to indiana and has a good shot at georgia and they wouldnt have even played arkansas yet.

asu got 5 turnovers against notre dame or they lose handily. florida state got one pass interference call that was pass interference. look at ucla's non conference games you will see that they are on par with acc teams. usc lost to bc so you cant say they are harder than acc teams and they wont have played arizona yet.
    I think Florida State loses to Georgia and Arkansas and, depending on which Gator teams shows up, Florida. Missouri got the bad Florida. Florida State might get the good one, who knows.

If they had Oregon's schedule, I think they might lose to UCLA, Arizona, Michigan State and possibly one more on there. I just don't think FSU's that good. Bottom line. They lost 13 starters from last year. That's a lot. They've done well considering who they have, but the talent's not there compared to the other teams. However, they've gotten some calls and bounces go their way, dodged some bullets and lucked out on the schedule. For crying out loud, they struggled to beat NC State!

What's funny is people on this same board who are defending FSU for beating weak teams close are the same people who two years ago saying Notre Dame was overrated for beating weak teams close.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I think Florida State loses to Georgia and Arkansas and, depending on which Gator teams shows up, Florida. Missouri got the bad Florida. Florida State might get the good one, who knows.

If they had Oregon's schedule, I think they might lose to UCLA, Arizona, Michigan State and possibly one more on there. I just don't think FSU's that good. Bottom line. They lost 13 starters from last year. That's a lot. They've done well considering who they have, but the talent's not there compared to the other teams. However, they've gotten some calls and bounces go their way, dodged some bullets and lucked out on the schedule. For crying out loud, they struggled to beat NC State!

What's funny is people on this same board who are defending FSU for beating weak teams close are the same people who two years ago saying Notre Dame was overrated for beating weak teams close.
    I admit I was one two years ago that was saying ND was overrated and I, along with everyone else, was correct in the way they shit the bed against Alabama. It was men amongst boys. Let me be clear with you, I will say the exact the same about the Noles if they lose by 28 points in a semifinal/final game.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I admit I was one two years ago that was saying ND was overrated and I, along with everyone else, was correct in the way they shit the bed against Alabama. It was men amongst boys. Let me be clear with you, I will say the exact the same about the Noles if they lose by 28 points in a semifinal/final game.
    And I was actually one who thought Notre Dame would beat Alabama. Learned my lesson. I actually think this year's ND team is a lot more talented than that team (and if you take away their turnovers and "the call", they're probably undefeated). But I am just reluctant on FSU because Winston is winning these games on his own, and eventually that catches up to you when you play a superior team. Outside of Winston, FSU does not have a lot of talent around them. They lost all their talent in the draft last year.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The year before FSU lost about 11 players to the draft too. It's not like we're talking about Idaho here...they're still very talented. Their D-line isn't near what it has been though which is tough to overcome. You'll likely see every one of their starting Db's drafted or get a look in the NFL.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide39 View Post
    What do you all think florida st record would be in the sec ... pac10 .... or big 12 ... u think they might have a .500 or below conference record....
    For a serious answer to the question, I think they lose 2 in the SEC. All of that just depends on when and where the games are. If they have Missouri's schedule, they probably lose 1. I'm an SEC guy too. FSU recruits like an SEC team. Auburn did this same crap last season and became everyone's darlings because they're in the SEC and didn't have Jameis Winston. ESPN knows FSU is the villain and plays them up as one. What people don't want to admit is #5 is one of the better quarterbacks of this generation. He makes throws that NFL quarterbacks can't even make. I think Florida gives them a game but loses. Tech will do the same. Then it depends on who they're matched up against. I think someone ends their run this season in the playoffs, but FSU won't go quietly.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The year before FSU lost about 11 players to the draft too. It's not like we're talking about Idaho here...they're still very talented. Their D-line isn't near what it has been though which is tough to overcome. You'll likely see every one of their starting Db's drafted or get a look in the NFL.
    Yeah, but the guys they lost this past draft were a lot more impactful, particularly at WR and defensively. If you took away Winston from them last year, I still think they win 10-11 games. If you take away Winston from them this year, they'd win maybe 6-7. The one advantage FSU has had (and will have in the playoff) is there really isn't a dominant defense to face. Florida is as good of a defense as they will face all year this weekend.

fried cheese
    Update your status

so if fsu beats florida they got the bad florida team but if they lose they got the good florida team? maybe there is no good or bad florida team and georgia, lsu, south carolina, tex a&m, arkansas, ole miss, and missouri are all comparable with variance determining the games.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

so if fsu beats florida they got the bad florida team but if they lose they got the good florida team? maybe there is no good or bad florida team and georgia, lsu, south carolina, tex a&m, arkansas, ole miss, and missouri are all comparable with variance determining the games.
    Exactly...but it is a waste of time to argue this with sec fans. All talk aside...fsu will likely stomp on the gators. Kids on these teams keep up with what the media is saying...and you know they feel disrespected. I think 30-13 is about right for this one.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    The 2 game playoff system doesnt favor Fl St BUT

They remind Sammy of the 1992 Ala team sorta... many many thought Bama did not belong in the Nat Champ game but we know what happened
    Remember that Bama team vividly, Bama had a really good team, Copeland and Curry were beasts at defensive end, Copeland went 5th in the draft, Curry 6th. Jay Barker at qb, 35-2-1 as a starter at Bama, Lassic at RB. The thing people were talking about was Miami's speed, with Lamar Thomas at wr, George Teague the 29th pick and Antonio Langham the 9th pick in the draft when he came out made sure Thomas wasnt gonna have a good day that day. Miami had Heisman winner Gino Torreta, Bama only had 18 yards passing that game but 267 on the ground.

navyblue81

Huh? All I'm saying is if Florida plays mistake-free, they've got a good shot vs. FSU. Doesn't mean they'll beat them, just means they'll give them a hell of a game.

As for the poster who said I'm an SEC fan (which I'm not), my advice is this....if you don't like the fans or the media favoring the SEC, knock their asses off in the National Championship or in bowl games. Because every year, the SEC kicks other teams asses in non-conference matchups in December and January. They have 8 national championships in 9 years, and some of those titles games were ugly....i.e. Florida-Ohio State and Bama-Texas. THAT"S WHY the committee gives the SEC the benefit of the doubt. If you don't like it, start beating them when it matters. I hate people who say "there's SEC bias" when they have good reason to show bias.

fried cheese
    Update your status

fsu did beat the sec in the title game... and ppl are still saying they dont deserve to be in the playoffs over second and third place sec teams. their logic is that they should get no credit for last year but ppl are only judging the sec to be the best because of past years since they havent dominated any decent teams this year from other conferences and they usually only play directional schools you havent heard of.

yea florida state probably isnt that great but maybe the sec isnt that great this year either. if the miss schools can dominate the sec who cant? miss st got outgained by uab.

navyblue81

fsu did beat the sec in the title game... and ppl are still saying they dont deserve to be in the playoffs over second and third place sec teams. their logic is that they should get no credit for last year but ppl are only judging the sec to be the best because of past years since they havent dominated any decent teams this year from other conferences and they usually only play directional schools you havent heard of.

yea florida state probably isnt that great but maybe the sec isnt that great this year either. if the miss schools can dominate the sec who cant? miss st got outgained by uab.
    Last year's FSU team was one of the best teams I've ever seen play. They destroyed everyone...except the one time they played an elite SEC team, they needed a last minute score to win. But talent-wise, they were amazing. My point on FSU is this is not the same team as last year. It's a much weaker team with a lot of new starters, but they've benefited from a soft schedule and a couple referee calls that were iffy go their way. Maybe they prove me otherwise in the playoffs. We shall see.

I just think until the SEC starts losing these non-conference post-season games more regularly, they're going to get their respect and their "bias." 8 out of 9 national titles is an impressive distinction, and most of those were double-digit wins. And I do think Florida the first 5 years and Alabama the last 5 has had a lot to do with why the SEC gets so much respect. Their programs are machines.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Huh? All I'm saying is if Florida plays mistake-free, they've got a good shot vs. FSU. Doesn't mean they'll beat them, just means they'll give them a hell of a game.

As for the poster who said I'm an SEC fan (which I'm not), my advice is this....if you don't like the fans or the media favoring the SEC, knock their asses off in the National Championship or in bowl games. Because every year, the SEC kicks other teams asses in non-conference matchups in December and January. They have 8 national championships in 9 years, and some of those titles games were ugly....i.e. Florida-Ohio State and Bama-Texas. THAT"S WHY the committee gives the SEC the benefit of the doubt. If you don't like it, start beating them when it matters. I hate people who say "there's SEC bias" when they have good reason to show bias.
    Lol...I said nothing about sec bias in my post...tho to say it doesn't exist is not even worth responding to. And as far as knocking them off, I believe fsu are the defending champs...and I seem to remember oklahoma squashing the tide last year. Anyways...who cares about all this nonsense. Of course the sec is the best conference from top to bottom...not really even a valid argument against it. I do think people will be a little shocked to see tho how well the teams at the TOP of the other power conferences match up with the top dogs of the sec. All we have right now is our opinions...so maybe I am wrong, should be fun to watch it actually played out on the field this year and in years to come. Gl all this week. My only real point was I think fsu finally pulls it together and covers this game easily.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

First 12