daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Why does everyone think Florida State loses tonight?

They're battle tested. Huge edge at Qb. Louisville hasn't played anyone.

Instead of the Louisville ML, why not donate to charity? Those hotels in Vegas are big enough

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Blazer...its the fact that everyone wants them to lose...people hate winners.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i dont think they do but i sure as hell wouldnt put money on FSU ML.

in these prime time games is where crazy stuff happens that you wouldnt expect.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Sounds like nobody expects FSU to win

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Sounds like nobody expects FSU to win
    thing is FSU plays such a weak schedule its hard to gauge how good they are.

This is the first real test in a road enviorment.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i keep expecting the fat black coach for the arizona cahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5UWqpcsDsrds to come out and say

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I think they lose just because of the big reverse line movement on the game

but the square in me wants to pound Florida St ML

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Those hotels in Vegas are big enough
    what about those bugalows in Costa Rica? don't they still use bamboo sticks as weapons there and paint their faces?

MangoKush
    MangoKush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

People expect them to lose because they have shown all season that they are extremely overrated. They have also won 3 games that they clearly should have lost(Oklahoma St, Clemson, and Notre Dame). Also people hate Winston.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

you have to take them
    show me cards type bet

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

fsu probably wins by a fg. the line speaks for itself.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Fsu 31 - 21

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Bout 70% on fsu

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I can give you a lot of reasons:

1) Louisville's defense is #1 in college football
    2) FSU struggled with N.C. State on the road....and Louisville handled N.C. State with ease a couple weeks ago.
    3) Thursday night atmosphere on the road against a solid opponent is not easy.
    4) FSU has a lot of distractions going on right now between Winston and Williams and others.
    5) It's hard to go undefeated....and if FSU's going to lose a game, this is it.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

1) Louisville's defense is #1 in college football
    2) FSU struggled with N.C. State on the road....and Louisville handled N.C. State with ease a couple weeks ago.
    3) Thursday night atmosphere on the road against a solid opponent is not easy.
    4) FSU has a lot of distractions going on right now between Winston and Williams and others.
    5) It's hard to go undefeated....and if FSU's going to lose a game, this is it.
    This guy gets it

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Smokiest stay away from this game

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

1) Louisville's defense is #1 in college football Against who.
    2) FSU struggled with N.C. State on the road....and Louisville handled N.C. State with ease a couple weeks ago. FSU was coming off of a tough game against Clemson where Jameis didnt even play, State qb was running for his life and made some uncanny difficult passes for tds, FSU only started slow went on to score 49 pts in 3 quarters, Louisville was coming off a loss and back home extra motivated there was no ease about it, it was 23-18 in the 4th quarter before they scored another TD.
    3) Thursday night atmosphere on the road against a solid opponent is not easy. No road game is really easy doesnt matter which day it is.
    4) FSU has a lot of distractions going on right now between Winston and Williams and others. FSU and Winston are used to distractions.
    5) It's hard to go undefeated....and if FSU's going to lose a game, this is it. They dont have to go undefeated and still win this game, besides they went undefeated last year.
    What else ya got?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LOTS of reasons to like Louisville, the biggest one being you are getting the best defense in the country as an underdog...and at HOME in a crazy weeknight atmosphere. Yes that last part happens a lot of times with the favorites still covering, but the difference here is that Louisville is actually good enough to win this game and not a team that will just feed off of the adrenaline of the crowd early and then wilt later on.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The fact is like most cases, Joe Pub (especially in here) is caught up to all of the hype. You can tell us about Florida State's "bad" wins, but they were wins. What is your excuse for Louisvilles 23-21 LOSS at Virginia (of all teams) and 23-17 LOSS to Clemson (the exact same sore that Florida State defeated Clemson by). Remember a week ago Tuesday when everyone and his mother in here were on Arkansas State against Lafayette? How did that work out for everyone? If anything, this place is fade city.

LT Profits

And for those discounting Louisville's schedule, their defensive numbers are validated by leading the entire country in raw defensive efficiency and in DFEI, which is schedule adjusted defensive efficiency. And besides, no validation should be necessary when comparing the performances of these defenses vs. common opponents so far.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

thursday night espn home dog upset special theory (major upsets like this). been doing this 20 years, happens every year and it's the same story. that is why, if you are handicapping u are wasting your time. defense, this, that the other bullshittt lol.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The fact is like most cases, Joe Pub (especially in here) is caught up to all of the hype. You can tell us about Florida State's "bad" wins, but they were wins. What is your excuse for Louisvilles 23-21 LOSS at Virginia (of all teams) and 23-17 LOSS to Clemson (the exact same sore that Florida State defeated Clemson by). Remember a week ago Tuesday when everyone and his mother in here were on Arkansas State against Lafayette? How did that work out for everyone? If anything, this place is fade city.
    I will go on the record saying Louisville +4.5 here (which is what I got) was one of the best bets of the year. I fully expect them to win outright but no need to press since I got the best of the number. And you can't compare this game to a Tuesday night Sun Belt game. Louisville LITERALLY has the best defense in the country and that should show tonight.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I will go on the record saying Louisville +4.5 here (which is what I got) was one of the best bets of the year. I fully expect them to win outright but no need to press since I got the best of the number.
    Best of the number was the opener.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    thursday night espn home dog upset special theory (major upsets like this). been doing this 20 years, happens every year and it's the same story. that is why, if you are handicapping u are wasting your time. defense, this, that the other bullshittt lol.
    10933 posts. 306 Betpoints and you are NOT a Pro. Do tell us more about your theories. Another person who probably does NOT wager with real money at all.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Waiting to see which side lakerboy is on

LT Profits

What is your excuse for Louisvilles 23-21 LOSS at Virginia (of all teams) and 23-17 LOSS to Clemson (the exact same sore that Florida State defeated Clemson by).
    The held Virginia to only 282 total yards on 2.9 yards per rush 4.7 yards per pass! The only reason they allowed 23 points (and consequently lost with the offense missing Parker and Dyer) was because of 4 turnovers.

They held Clemson without an offensive touchdown and to only 229 (count 'em) total yards in Death Valley. Florida State allowed 407 yards to Clemson while needing overtime to win at home.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    True but 4.5 should still beat the closer.

LT Profits

True but 4.5 should still beat the closer. I said best OF the number, not THE best number. Not that the difference beytween 4.5 and 6.5 is THAT severe with 6 being the only key-ish number in between.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Smokiest stay away from this game

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

What else ya got?
    How bout the simple gut test and the fact FSU has not looked right all year. While they beat ND at home, they got outplayed. And they do need to go undefeated. They lose and they're done.

jtoler

How bout the simple gut test and the fact FSU has not looked right all year. While they beat ND at home, they got outplayed. And they do need to go undefeated. They lose and they're done.
    I think theyve looked ok, I dont know who is overrating them Im not. This isnt the same team as last year, they lost quite a bit, I dont think they are great or even really very good, weak schedule is why theyve gotten by this far, without Jameis theyed be average to mediocre. Why do they need to go undefeated? To be in playoff? Well sure they do, but this thread is about this game and its not like they cant win this game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

They held Clemson without an offensive touchdown and to only 229 (count 'em) total yards in Death Valley. Florida State allowed 407 yards to Clemson while needing overtime to win at home.
    The Clemson game is misleading because Watson was hurt. Clemson was a double digit fave and probably covers if he doesn't get knocked out.

LT Profits

I think theyve looked ok, I dont know who is overrating them Im not. This isnt the same team as last year, they lost quite a bit, I dont think they are great or even really very good, weak schedule is why theyve gotten by this far, without Jameis theyed be average to mediocre. Why do they need to go undefeated? To be in playoff? Well sure they do, but this thread is about this game and its not like they cant win this game.
    But read the thread title, it is asking WHY guys think they will lose. Nobody is guaranteeing anything, it is not like people are saying FSU can't win.

LT Profits

The Clemson game is misleading because Watson was hurt. Clemson was a double digit fave and probably covers if he doesn't get knocked out.
    I doubt Clemson would have covered anyway considering Louisville was one yard away from winning the game at the end. But that is a matter of opinion. What is not an opinion but a fact is Louisville's efficiency ratings on defense, they are for real and I wouldn't expect Noles to score that much tonight. IF FSU wins, it will have to be with defense. Not impossible but I wouldn't bet on it. Louisville ATS here is the most confident I have been about a play all year, for reasons ranging from everything I have already said to this line itself.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

10933 posts. 306 Betpoints and you are NOT a Pro. Do tell us more about your theories. Another person who probably does NOT wager with real money at all.
    23 years wagering real money, real experience, to be exact. if you care what my bet points are at are at then you need a hobby. check all my posts, i win more than i lose that is a documented fact. i know as much as anyone when i comes to sports, playing sports, and generating profits wagering sports. make fun all you want, i make money every year...period.

1234 Last