chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

An Interesting Take on Louisville Being Ranked (vs. Florida State)

Louisville is basically known as the "giant killer". The win that made them into a legitimate program was against a top-ranked FSU team. I think being ranked subdues that edge tremendously. I also think this was done on purpose as everything about this Florida State team is fixed. They can't cover (1-6 ATS) because they're supposed to have lost most of these games. NCAA and ESPN need Jameis and the Seminoles in the Playoff, period.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Jameis and the Seminoles in the Playoff....... or in jail?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

FSU will win out.

chargers4222

I can name about 10 teams who are more deserving of that #25 spot than Louisville. I really think being ranked takes away a huge amount of the underdog edge for them and the committee knows that.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I can name about 10 teams who are more deserving of that #25 spot than Louisville. I really think being ranked takes away a huge amount of the underdog edge for them and the committee knows that.
    This is spot-on.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Louisville was ranked when they owned Florida......time to find new theory

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Louisville was ranked when they owned Florida......time to find new theory
    True, but they also had Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater. If I remember correctly, they were undefeated for most of the year and in championship game discussion, lost one game and everyone jumped ship. They were like 14 point dogs or something ridiculous in that game. It's a lot harder to get up for being a 3.5 pt dog when you're ranked than if you're an unranked 10 pt dog like I think most expected them to be.

chargers4222

This angle is not for anybody naive enough to believe that the committee just accidentally put Louisville in the top 25 or that they deserve it. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. For all I know, they just ranked them to hype it up as 2 ranked teams and make people bite on a possible close game to lure in more casual fans on a busy sports night. However, I'm more partial to my original theory stated above.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Louisville is vastly over ranked...they have beat up on bad offenses.

FSU could win this big!