Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Do what the line tells me.

I am starting a thread and hope to get some discussions going. I read the line and do what it tells me to pick. I am sure I will not be a "fan" favorite in here as I often pick against what the general public thinks. My picks from last week were Pitt -1 vs Va Tech and WVU +8 vs Baylor. If sure most of you were on Va Tech and Baylor.

Examples of how I bet/think, from last week. Pitt, why are they favored in this game? They have been playing terrible and Va Tech seems like a better team, also thinking the public will be all over Virginia Tech. WVU, why are they only getting 8 points vs the #4 team in the nation( yes I know they were at home but still).

Tail/fade I don't care just keep the conversation going and let me know what yall think.

Jakenv21
    Update your status

Early leans

Cal +18 vs Oregon, probably a no play
    Wisconsin -11 vs Maryland
    Kentucky +13.5 vs Mississippi St
    Pittsburgh -4 vs Georgia Tech

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

So how are those lines telling you to pick those teams.

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

The line is telling me to take Penn St +13.5 vs Ohio State or at least Penn St in the first half...

Jakenv21
    Update your status

Cal getting 3 scores, majority of public perception should be on Oregon. Thru 2 games on the road Oregon has won by an avg. of 9.5 points
    Wisconsin, early money on Maryland, if I were to make this line myself, I would think it would be Wisconsin -6.5, not sure why they are giving that many, but must be some reason
    Kentucky at home. This isn't a joke of a team this year. Miss St #1 in the nation, public should be all over them. I can atleast see a backdoor cover at worst, at best a decent game.
    Pitt. early money on Ga tech. Figured this game would be closer to a pick'em. Must be a reason for that. Georgia Tech losing 2 in a row, slowly fading (perhaps giving up on the season) we shall see.

Jakenv21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Told You So! View Post
    The line is telling me to take Penn St +13.5 vs Ohio State or at least Penn St in the first half...
    I was thinking about that game when I posted my leans. I want to do some more thought on it. I just don't think this Penn State team is very good, from what I have watched so far this season. But yes this could be a play for me, especially with an extra week to prepare

Jakenv21
    Update your status

Adding to leans

Va Tech +3 vs Miami, Public on Miami, wrong team favored. Injuries concern me, may be a no play
    S. Carolina +17.5 @ Auburn thats a lot of points. Public on Auburn still. Only concerns Auburn had an extra week to prepare. And they are away, I don't normally like road teams
    Clemson -14 vs Syracuse. Syracuse is not very good and public still on them early. I think Clemson should roll at home

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    Early leans

Cal +18 vs Oregon, probably a no play
    Wisconsin -11 vs Maryland
    Kentucky +13.5 vs Mississippi St
    Pittsburgh -4 vs Georgia Tech
    I must say the Kentucky pick is Terrible.
    Miss. St will blow them out.

Jakenv21
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTheTHRILL View Post
    I must say the Kentucky pick is Terrible.
    Miss. St will blow them out.
    What is your reasoning for that?

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

UK played Miss State tough as hell last year on the road. Both teams much improved this year. I wouldn't take UK and anything less than 14, though.

Told You So!
    Told You So!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    I was thinking about that game when I posted my leans. I want to do some more thought on it. I just don't think this Penn State team is very good, from what I have watched so far this season. But yes this could be a play for me, especially with an extra week to prepare
    Winner winner!!!