NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

SEC and pass defense?

It seems like the sec has terrible pass defense. Good pass rushers, good athletes at defensive backs position, retarded coaching and scheme. 2 games stick out in my head, and will give me pause whenever looking at an sec team vs certain types of spread offense. Last nights game, even though somehow Auburn won, and S.Carolina vs A&M a few weeks ago. Simply put its just garbage.

Does the sec not have the best athletes? or just best lineman? the "skill" guys have to be good too right? Nothing but Auburn defensive backs getting beat on scramble plays, getting turned in circles, getting beat when a guy runs a 10 yd hitch thirty times a game. Only in the SEC will you see a DB not even attempt to turn and look to make a play on a ball when in close coverage..time and time again, auburn db not even looking,(which should be face guarding) if a play was being made. Auburn DB's have "done been learned to tackle/stick real good" too bad thats it.... Auburn bend but dont break looked sloppy. Just cover those guys!!!, a 5'9" white guy is better than the whole Auburn Defense? or just smarter? or both? S.Carolina getting humiliated a few weeks ago vs T A&M another example of teams in the SEC getting owned by throwing spread teams.. Not auburn "run" based spread garbage that pretends with a dumb running qb in, who only throws when told and usually off play action. Don't get me wrong Auburn should have covered if #1 just catches the ball better than 2 out of 10 times. (do they practice? or just trench drill at auburn?) Despite the drops K-state still could not get it done. Both these teams suck.

Do I have a real point? No, other than it is painful to watch that auburn team try and stop a concept based rout system of even the simplest kind like K-State. They look like they are taught to play defense like its 1979. Now that =defensive holding. SEC has the athletes, once they get to the NFL they can cover i guess. Cant blame them I guess, all they get is looks from the SEC's own $hitty QB's in practice. Auburn looked like they have never played a team that threw the ball other than play action.... Not many pac-12 offenses would get stopped by Auburn or S.Carolina. Not any that throw from spread and are "actually" running the run/shoot concepts.... not just lining up in the formations and running option.
    Last edited by NWportland; 09-19-14 at 12:12 PM.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by NWportland View Post
    It seems like the sec has terrible pass defense. Good pass rushers, good athletes at defensive backs position, retarded coaching and scheme. 2 games stick out in my head, and will give me pause whenever looking at an sec team vs certain types of spread offense. Last nights game, even though somehow Auburn won, and S.Carolina vs A&M a few weeks ago. Simply put its just garbage.

Does the sec not have the best athletes? or just best lineman? the "skill" guys have to be good too right? Nothing but Auburn defensive backs getting beat on scramble plays, getting turned in circles, getting beat when a guy runs a 10 yd hitch thirty times a game. I get it, Auburn bend but dont break, but it looked sloppy. Just cover those guys, a 5'9" white guy is better than the whole Auburn Defense? or just smarter? or both? S.Carolina getting humiliated a few weeks ago vs T A&M another example of teams in the SEC getting owned by throwing spread teams.. Not auburn "run" based spread, garbage that looks like and pretends to be the spread, but has basically a dumb running qb in, who only throws when told and usually off play action. Don't get me wrong Auburn should have covered if #1 just catches the ball better than 2 out of 10 times. (do they practice? or just trench drill at auburn?) Despite the drops K-state still could not get it done.

Both these teams suck. Do I have a real point? No, other than it is painful to watch that auburn team try and stop a concept based rout system of even the simplest kind like K-State. They look like they are taught to play defense like its 1979. Now that =defensive holding. SEC has the athletes, once they get to the NFL they can cover i guess. Cant blame them I guess, all they get is looks from the SEC's own $hitty QB's in practice. Auburn looked like they have never played a team that threw the ball other than play action....

Not many pac-12 offenses would get stopped by Auburn or S.Carolina. Not any that throw from spread and are "actually" running the run/shoot concepts.... not just lining up in the formations and running option.
    fixed it.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Also, here's some food for thought.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...ad-vs-the-sec/

NWportland
    NWportland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

thanks Derek, but I was just talking about the retarded way they play pass defense in the SEC, not the end result. I know the SEC dominates this matchup and most. my point was they could be even more dominating if they learned how to defense a concept based rout system better, or at all...SEC clearly has better talent, not disputed... which proves my point. They don't know what the Fu@K they are doing down there in the defensive backfield. Add to that the talent up front, and these defensive backs coaches should give their paychecks back. Its funny to watch the stupid old run based sets these teams come out in. If your D-line is so good why run 4 of them?
    Last edited by NWportland; 09-19-14 at 12:18 PM.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Be careful posting stuff like this. The sec homers here are like crazed animals...attacking anyone who says anything negative about their conference. Truth is the talent level between those 2 teams was not even close...as pointed out by many sec guys before the game. That game was about a coach in Snyder who is a master of putting less talented players in a good position to compete in spots where maybe they shouldn't. It is also a really tough place to play. There are just some places you do not want to go play on a national stage like that...and that is certainly one of them. Sec is still the toughest conference I the country...and their d's are built to stop the o's in their own conference of course. Big 12 and PAC 12 d's better at facing a spread...because that is what they face each week. Sec is starting to evolve as far as the o's are concerned...even bama and lsu. D's will get adjust to this as it continues imo.