jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How is Va Tech this year??

Any projections??

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    In other news.... my 2nd best play is Virginia Tech +11.5 VS Ohio State. You're giving Frank Beamer time to figure out some defensive schemes against this young QB. That's all I needed to know. Take the points... and it should be a close game down to the wire.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 09-02-14 at 07:44 PM.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24737

In other news.... my 2nd best play is Virginia Tech +11.5 VS Ohio State. You're giving Frank Beamer time to figure out some defensive schemes against this young QB. That's all I needed to know. Take the points... and it should be a close game down to the wire.
    Love this game MS. I'm not really sold on the Michigan/Notre Dame affair as offering great betting value either way, but VaTech getting 11 points in a game they've been preparing for all off-season is a major slip up by the oddsmakers imo. I'm siding with Wild Turkey in this one.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

I love Va Tech and the points as well in this game...I've got them on my teaser card....Frank Beamer should have the Hokies at or near the top of the ACC again this year after a couple of hiccup years...No Braxton Miller also helps the cause.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Michigan VS Notre Dame Now -3.5 Fuk me.

TheMoneyShot

Line is scaring me a bit. Wynn opens at -6 Notre Dame. Offshore goes to Notre Dame -3.5

Something isn't right here. Notre Dame might be the play. Wasn't expecting this kind of line movement. Vegas way too smart with a high line on this game. Lucky I didn't place the wager yet. Man... I was going to put my house on Michigan + the points too. I was way more confident in this game than Virginia Tech +11.5

Oh well... do I just back away now? Hmmmmm

This is definitely one of those games... you learn from "line movement" wise. Pay close attention.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Monyer, who we kidding. U created this thread to get a better line on Notre dame

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Line is scaring me a bit. Wynn opens at -6 Notre Dame. Offshore goes to Notre Dame -3.5

Something isn't right here. Notre Dame might be the play. Wasn't expecting this kind of line movement. Vegas way too smart with a high line on this game. Lucky I didn't place the wager yet. Man... I was going to put my house on Michigan + the points too. I was way more confident in this game than Virginia Tech +11.5

This is definitely one of those games... you learn from "line movement" wise. Pay close attention.
    I'm not too sure about that moneyshot...seems like a lot of people are indeed on Michigan...probably because ND still has some key players out for this game and also probably because they feel the Irish are overrated and overhyped by both media and polls alike every year...both teams were impressive last week and this rivalry has been hard fought and tightly contested the last several years or so...not hard to see why lots of gamblers (myself included) jumped on the Maize and Blue at +4.5!......take dem points in a game of this nature and magnitude!...

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

THIS.

Great post. I think ND is the play. Large too.

I keep going back to the type of teams that give Michigan fits......teams that spread them out and have athletic QBs. That's ND. Think about what KState did to Michigan in the bowl game last year. Spread 'em out with an athletic QB, and get them in space.

I think ND wins this one by 10-14 comfortably.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Not only did ND drop michigan from their schedule, but they announced yesterday that they're replacing them with Ohio St. Talk about adding salt to the wound. Why not wait till after the game to announce this.

Dumb on their part. Michigan will have this in the back of their minds.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

MoneyShot, some advise..

If it's a winner, pound the fukker.

Pound the winners.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Not only did ND drop michigan from their schedule, but they announced yesterday that they're replacing them with Ohio St. Talk about adding salt to the wound. Why not wait till after the game to announce this.

Dumb on their part. Michigan will have this in the back of their minds.
    likely won't matter michigan gingy..fat boy Hoke and Gardner will find a way to lose.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Home team has won last 3 games.

Gholston took this team to a nation championship.

It's a no play for me. Over if anything.

Rooting for Big Blue though!

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just a small play on this, if any. I applaud the guys, girls who try to win one here. Brady Hoke’s career road record sucks hind tit through basically all of it...Ball State San Diego State, Wichita fukken State I don't know but what I do know is If he loses this game here he is gonna feel alot worse than if he'd won it. And so will many Michigan fans. Hoke wants this game. And he's gonna demand it of his players. To paraphrase a wise sounding bettor: "Hoke followed up an 11-2 start with a 16-11 wipeout (in some MI fan's eyes) and Michigan is 2-12 ATS away versus non-Big 10 competitors so, you know, thats freaky.

Notre Dame has TWO SU victories in the last eight matchups between these two and Notre Dame is 4-11-1 ATS as home favorite off a home game."

Jeez, both teams suck in this spot. What is a man to do?

Michigan + the points if I had to do anything with it. Notre Dame Moneyline maybe on some fool ass parlay to try to middle it which I'd probably lose because I actually think Michigan wins the game.

If you know what to do with this game I salute you. It'll be a great game. One for the annals I'm willing to wager.

I disagree with another poster above that the announcement of the end of this series until 2020 should have come after this match up. Saying it before just adds to this game.

Brady Hoke has to bring his guys and win this one. Theres no other real option for him and deep down inside I think we can all be honest enough to say that most of us think Michigan is gonna win the game. Maybe on the last play of the game. Which ever side you bet on you know that you're gonna see a great game.

Points are running away though. From Michigan. MI+5.5 open to now +3.5 with public crazies angsting out and jumping. Hopefully the line gets better close to gametime.

"In Game Two(2)s off a season Michigan 4-1 ATS compared to Notre Dame’s 0-5 ATS failure. Wolves’ 6-1
    ATS dog record in games off a double-digit spread win."

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

money, you crafty SOB! this may be the way to go. start a thread and tout to get a better line. then hammer the opposing side.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

what a mismatch

Mich we learned are pretenders

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

BigBlue got their sh!t pushed in.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't understand what people saw in Michigan. They're not ranked for a reason, and Notre Dame is a lot better than people think. Golson can play.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Has a team ever not lose a game without scoring?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Public loving dogs ends in the same story.
    ND fade love is funny

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

The University of Notre Dame commercial was mad psychedelic.!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Need these rooster rats to keep it under here...

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

What an end to the game!

TheMoneyShot

The Wynn -6 ND... they knew what was up. Everyone pounding Michigan +6. +5.5, +5, +4.5, +4, +3.5 Unreal.

Another lesson learned.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Public loving dogs ends in the same story.
    ND fade love is funny
    Only big public dog that I can think of off the top of my head that actually won/covered was Ravens beating the Pats in the playoffs a few years ago

It's insane how big public dogs lose at such a high clip

You could probably make a living off of just strictly fading them if you had the discipline/bankroll

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    Home team has won last 3 games.

Gholston took this team to a nation championship.

It's a no play for me. Over if anything.

Rooting for Big Blue though!
    Did Michigan know they had a game last night?

Just like I said, Gholson is much improved and Michigan sucks balls...

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Notre Shame is outclassed here fellas.
    Nice call

roryforpresident
    roryforpresident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I was wrong they didn't win by 7 but by 31.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

Wow... What now moneyshot?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Has anyone ever at SBR predicted a team to win a game and they didn't score any points? This is getting into Broke Lenders territory.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I thought about taking the Maize and Blue, however it's still too early in the season to predict how these teams are going to do...no team looks as good as they did in week 1 and conversely, no team looks as bad as they did in week 1...therefore I took the much safer route and took Michigan (+17.5) in my 13 pt teaser!.......Heritage gives the best odds on 13 pointers over other books and that is why I take advantage of them...
    yeesh...that's tough.

First 12