Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Mac's Early Leans 2014

Welcome back to another season of football. Time really does fly. Here's hoping everyone has a very profitable betting season.

That said, I'll use this thread to track my picks. If I'm hot we'll keep rolling in the dough, if I suck monkey nuts, it'll be time to stop betting. My first rule of gambling... "If it doesn't make you money - STOP DOING IT"

Like I do every year. I post my early leans for the week, then lock them in as the week goes by. I just post plays and track wins/losses/ties. I don't spend time calculating units. I'll have regular plays and bold plays (that I think have a higher probability of hitting). I almost never use ML faves as plays but will use ML dogs when I feel good about them. Most of my lines are from Heritage, at the time I lock them in.

That said,

Texas A&M at South Carolina
    Let me start off by saying that I'm here in Houston, I know a few players, plus my lil cuz is a starter at TAM and they have playmakers on both sides of the ball. The offensive line will be very strong, receivers can go up and get the ball and RB play that will punish teams. Sumlin knows how to dial up an offense. Most people question his defense but this is the year the defense will be much improved, especially at DL and LB's. Special teams should be solid from punting to place kicking to kick returner. The big question mark for everyone is Kenny Hill at QB. I think he's solid and much more prepared for the big stage than Dylan Thompson at USC.

USC has a solid offense, great RB in Davis, excellent receivers (watch out for Pharoh) and I love Shaq Roland. Their offensive line will be very good. But I am not real high on the QB. The defense should be good again this year but could drop off on the DL. I didn't like their LB play last year but should be better this year along with the secondary. Very good place kicker, exciting kick returner but very poor punter.

This game should be decided by the QB that makes the least mistakes. I don't trust Thompson. USC has been very good at home, which concerns me but TAM is known to start off strong/fast with trick plays on offense to start the season. I think TAM jumps on them early but USC finds their groove in the 2nd half. This game seems closer than the 10.5. I also don't see both QBs lighting it up which screams the under 61. Close game that USC might pull away in the 4th.

1 Texas A&M 8/28/2014 3:00PM - (PST) Spread +6 -105 for 1st Half
    2 Texas A&M 8/28/2014 3:00PM - (PST) Spread +10½ -108 for Game
    3 Texas A&M/South Carolina 8/28/2014 3:00PM - (PST) Total Points UNDER 61 -108 for Game

I'll sprinkle a bit on the +345 ML as well.

3 plays, 1 bolded.
    Points Awarded:

TheBetBuysDanK gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

buddha gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

My sentiments are the same as yours. If you are not taking Texas A&M it should be a no play. A month ago when I was looking at this game, I was on South Carolina, but with the injuries they have, and looking further at the Aggies I changed my way of thinking.

Love the O'jays!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 08-28-14 at 12:02 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

What's up UW? Always great to see you. You're still living the life.

It really seems to be too many points to me. Especially against a TAM team that has a bunch of playmakers. I think both defenses will be very good but I'm really second guessing the Under. USC's secondary is a ? mark and I'm not sure TAM can stop the run. This could end up being a shootout. I'm hoping both teams try to establish the run, milk clock and keep it under. I'm already locked in but it probably should be a no play.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    My sentiments are the same as yours. If you are not taking Texas A&M it should be a no play. A month ago when I was looking at this game, I was on South Carolina, but with the injuries they have, and looking further at the Aggies I changed my way of thinking.

Mac4Lyfe

Tulane at Tulsa
    Hmmm, is the wrong team favored? Tulane won a few games they should have lost last year and Tulsa lost a few games they could have won. Tulsa and Tulane's offenses were both dreadful last season. The only good thing is that both don't return many of the dead weight. I like Tulsa's QB a bit more which is why I like them in the game. Tulsa's defense should be stout but not a lot of depth that could be a concern in the 2nd half. Tulsa should have the edge on special teams but hopefully it won't be a factor. This game looks like another Under game but both teams have ball hawk defenses and offenses that like to cough up the ball which could mean short fields. 6.5 points looks like a gift on 2 fairly equal teams even on the road.

Locked and loaded...

4 Tulane 8/28/2014 5:00PM - (PST) Spread +6½ -108 for Game

Sprinkle a bit on the ML for shits and giggles.

Mac4Lyfe

Boise State at Ole Miss
    Yes, I said at Ole Miss. The Ga Dome will become MissLanta as thousands of Rebel fans will pack Atlanta. I hate high spreads especially against a known giant killer in Boise State but I feel good about this one. No long writeup here but Ole Miss will play faster and more physical in this one. BSU will give a good effort but OM depth will eventually wear them out on both sides of the ball. As long as OM can take care of the ball, this should be a smooth cover.

5 Mississippi 8/28/2014 5:00PM - (PST) Spread -6 -110 for 1st Half
    6 Mississippi 8/28/2014 5:00PM - (PST) Spread -13 +104 for Game

2 bolded plays.

Mac4Lyfe

No write up...

7 Temple +13 at Vandy. Sprinkle +405 ML for fun.

Here are additional leans. I haven't locked and loaded these yet and need to do more research but games that stand out.

UL -3 vs Miami
    UL/Miami over 54 Petrino loves to score and not play much defense even with Charlie Strong's defensive players

North Texas +25 at Texas - UNT is respectable and Texas has question marks on Oline and QB Ash.

FSU +17.5 vs Okie State - OSU is reloading while FSU is loaded

Idaho +36 at Florida - When is the last time UF scored 36 points?

Ohio State -16.5 vs Navy - OSU might be better without Braxton who I thought was way overrated.

Michigan -34 vs App State - This has got to be a revenge game even though it's different players/coaches. Michigan will be much improved and App State is a mess. This game spells a big blowout, although I'll put a nickel on an app state ML if I can find one.

Urbanwildlife

My friend, the game between Idaho and Florida, you should be asking yourself not when the last time Florida scored 36 points, but when was the last time Idaho stopped anyone.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/i...l-schedule.php

Cdub888
    Cdub888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

love the picks !

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah Idaho really sucks but UF has had problems scoring the last 4 years against poor competition. New system, new coordinator but the same players. UF wil have to show me and until they do I have to auto fade them.

My friend, the game between Idaho and Florida, you should be asking yourself not when the last time Florida scored 36 points, but when was the last time Idaho stopped anyone.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Good luck on the season Mac. Always love the in game comments from you. Have a good season buddy.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave alamo 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Not worth a play IMO

Goodluck Mac, always look foward to your plays
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave RavensFan2k3 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always love to see your pics, Mac! GL tonight!
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave TheBetBuysDanK 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Damn it's good seeing you guys... I got a tear in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    Good luck on the season Mac. Always love the in game comments from you.Have a good season buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Not worth a play IMO

Goodluck Mac, always look foward to your plays
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBetBuysDanK View Post
    Always love to see your pics, Mac! GL tonight!

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Damn it's good seeing you guys... I got a tear in my eye.
    The ole crew is back together haha. It's like between January and August we're lost souls lmao
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave RavensFan2k3 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

Very nice start for the Aggies. My lil cousin already doing work. I have a feeling this game goes over. I should have cancelled the Under (I might live bet out of it if I can). TAM defense should surprise as well. Let's see.

Mac4Lyfe

What a horse shit penalty for PI right there. Fukking refs been watching the NFL too much. He did bump him but he was playing the ball while the receiver never even turned around.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Yeah Idaho really sucks but UF has had problems scoring the last 4 years against poor competition. New system, new coordinator but the same players. UF wil have to show me and until they do I have to auto fade them.
    hey welcome back... i like your picks. thank you.............. idaho has loaded up on jc players which is fairly new for them. or at least they've taken it way way up on # of JC recruits. so could be big improvement from past seasons.

gonna look at that tulsa pick.... tulsa was good play for so long. and had trouble recently but shouldn't be much to get back towards where they used to be... no real insight on tulane except that they finally did well last year.

temple vs. vandy looks nice too...... vandy i think will regress towards its long term mean the next few years. temple has much better talent that it did years ago.

my inclination is take SC vs. TAM but i haven't really looked at it... and of course the game has already started
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave gojetsgomoxies 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gojetsgomoxies

my comment was confused on the tulsa/tulane............. generally like tulsa though.

Mac4Lyfe

I reread my tulsa/tulane quotes and I meant to say that I like Tulane's QB and defense a bit more than Tulsa. Too many damn T's, gets real confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    my comment was confused on the tulsa/tulane............. generally like tulsa though.

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, I need to live bet my way out of the Under. Both teams are moving the ball very well.

gojetsgomoxies

I reread my tulsa/tulane quotes and I meant to say that I like Tulane's QB and defense a bit more than Tulsa. Too many damn T's, gets real confusing.
    i remember tulsa-tulane 24-0 after about 5 minutes a few years ago..... i think tulane was perennial phil steele improvement team. should be a good team being in new orleans but doesn't seem to work that way.

Mac4Lyfe

Tulane is in one of the most fertile football grounds in the country. They should be good just picking off the carcasses of the bigger schools in the area. From Houston to New Orleans, there's more guys in the NFL in that stretch than any other area in the US.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

GL Mac
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Tommy Karate 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Holy shit. Where can I find a Kenny Hill for Heisman prop? This kid will have 300 yards in the 1st half. Sumlin sure knows how to coach QBs. Wow.

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Mac, big tip from nola here. Tulane is playing their first game in their own stadium in a long time today. The emotions are HUGE over here tonight so the crowd+team emotion may play a huge factor. I personally like Tulane here a LOT.

EDIT: My mistake. Home opener is next week. There was so much talk from everyone about it that I thought it was tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave wguan2 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Yeah if it was at home I would be hammering this one. I still like Tulane but you can never be sure with the game in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by wguan2 View Post
    Mac, big tip from nola here. Tulane is playing their first game in their own stadium in a long time today. The emotions are HUGE over here tonight so the crowd+team emotion may play a huge factor. I personally like Tulane here a LOT.

EDIT: My mistake. Home opener is next week. There was so much talk from everyone about it that I thought it was tonight.

Mac4Lyfe

Line down to 9.5. Let's go Owls (whoo di whoo)

No write up...

7 Temple +13 at Vandy. Sprinkle +405 ML for fun.

Mac4Lyfe

OMG - Tulane was up by 8 with 3 minutes to go and give up a 4th down and the 2 point conversion. The Tulsa receiver was out of bounds on the 2 pt conversion and the refs give it to them anyway. Unfukkingreal, this game should be over, now it's tied, which the line could be killed in OT. Fukkk

Hawaii
    Hawaii's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1500

Mac I love playing your underdog ML...you have great insight and I love your angles. Been following when you hit that +15000 Houston.

I parlayed the texas am, tulane, and temple in a ML parlay and sent it to my bro in vegas. Of course I sent a text to my brother yesterday and he doesn't put it in until the games are in session today. Just my luck! Looks like they have a good chance of hitting!

Do you ever parlay them or just ML straight up? Looking forward to the upcoming huge underdogs. You da man!!
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Hawaii 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Mac4Lyfe

Good to see you back Hawaii. Let's get it this season.

Woohoo - Tulane with a huge run. 1st and goal. Do they punch it in here or run clock and try a last FG kick. I say score now. Screw it. Tulsa taking timeouts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Mac I love playing your underdog ML...you have great insight and I love your angles. Been following when you hit that +15000 Houston.

I parlayed the texas am, tulane, and temple in a ML parlay and sent it to my bro in vegas. Of course I sent a text to my brother yesterday and he doesn't put it in until the games are in session today. Just my luck! Looks like they have a good chance of hitting!

Do you ever parlay them or just ML straight up? Looking forward to the upcoming huge underdogs. You da man!!

Urbanwildlife

Let me know when your Las Vegas dates are secure, and we can work something out to meet there or at the Atlantis. Thanks!

Mac4Lyfe

Huge 3rd down and goal here. I'd try a QB draw here...

Mac4Lyfe

For sure UW... I probably won't know anything for another 2 weeks.

Let me know when your Las Vegas dates are secure, and we can work something out to meet there or at the Atlantis. Thanks!

Dam, I called the QB draw but they were ready for it. Come on make this kick.

Mac4Lyfe

OMG - he wasn't even close on that FG. Way wide left. WTF???

Mac4Lyfe

How the hell do you miss a 19 yard FG attempt with the ball dam near in the middle of the field?? I don't understand that shit. Now Tulsa is driving. Shit.

1234 ... Last