Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2702

Week 1 NCAA teaser (4 Team 13 PT)

As most of you guys know, I've had very good luck and great success the last several years or so doing these teasers in both football and basketball...they are really effective early on in the season when we still don't know how well teams are going to do...Having said that, I've studied all the lines for week 1 and have read and researched countless reviews, picks, predictions, etc on just about every major college team and their conferences...here we go!...let's make some $$$$!........comments, suggestions, opinions are welcomed!...feel free to tail or fade me!...

Wager type : Teaser Teaser : Super 13fb 10bk
    #1) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Virginia 8/30/2014 9:00AM - (PST)Spread +34½ for Game

#2) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : California 8/30/2014 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +23 for Game

#3) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : West Virginia 8/30/2014 12:30PM - (PST)Spread +38½ for Game

#4) Sport : College Football for Game
    Selection : Clemson 8/30/2014 2:30PM - (PST)Spread +20½ for Game

Risking : 500.00 To Win : 400.00 USD

Da Manster!

Some quick bullets and chart reasons on my selections:

1)UVA is at home and it's a 9:00AM start for UCLA...it's a known fact that west coast teams traveling from west to east in the early time slot don't fare too well as their body clocks haven't adjusted...no doubt the Bruins have superior talent and should win the game by multiple scores but coach Mike London is on the hot seat and this the second full year with both coordinators still in tact...and the Cavs return 14 or 15 starters from last years squad...they are a dangerous team and usually play up or down to their competition level.

2)Sonny Dykes is an underrated coach who should have Cal significantly better than last years woeful team....Reports out of the Golden Bears camp is the team has a swag and confidence about them...Goff second year at QB in Dykes system should pay dividends...Northwestern lost two key starters for the season...all purpose Venric Mack decided to transfer after being suspended for the first two games and WR Christian Jones is our for the year with a knee injury....this should be a 10 point game either way.

3) Dana Holgerson is also on the hot seat...put up or shut up time for him as WVU's fan and alumni are getting impatient...He is indeed an offensive genius and the Mountaineers are usually a scrappy bunch and show up to play for games of this magnitude...QB Clint Trickett (FSU transfer) is the real deal and hopefully he can stay healthy....No doubt the tide roll and probably win by three TDs but I expect with Nick Saban breaking in a new QB and some new faces on the O-line, he will more than likely play it close to the vest and rely heavily on pounding the ball and letting Bama's D do the rest.

4) Clemson...have 14 returning starters and the Bulldogs do as well...Big question is can RB's Gurley and Marshall stay healthy?...Clemson has stout D and their QB much like Georgia's, got some quality playing time last year and both proved they could play...two top 20 teams and evenly matched...take dem points!....I see Clemson winning by 10+ but well within the 20.5!...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You may lose three of those four games. All you have to do is lose one. This is a sucker play, as are all of these types of teasers.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You may lose three of those four games. All you have to do is lose one. This is a sucker play, as are all of these types of teasers.

thanks for that insightful input!...