Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favorite plays for WEEK #1 as of 8/20

1). Washington -15 at Hawaii. I am a firm believer that early in the season the most important factor in a play is a teams offensive and defensive lines. Washington rules here. In addition Hawaii is horrible, and is going against a very good Huskie defense.

2). Northwestern -10 at home against California.
    First off, I am far from a Sonny Dykes fan. Last year California was ranked next to last nationally in points allowed, won only one game all year which was a close game at that against Portland State 37-30, and there chances of improving on last years one win season are very slight, if they do at all. They now have a new defensive coordinator implementing a new scheme with the same players who could not stop anyone last year. They are going to be going up against a very good quarterback who has the ability to pass very well in Trevor Siemian, who has 4 of his top 5 receivers back from a year ago. The weak part of the Northwestern team could be there offensive line, but with them playing a home game against a weak defensive team like California I would be very surprised if they have any problems, and in fact, I expect them to dominate the Bear defense with a combination of Mack and there excellent passing game.

Yes California has a good offense, lead by Jarod Goff, and 3 of his top 4 receivers are back, but he also has a weak offensive line in front of him, and he will be throwing against a very good and strong Northwestern secondary, which might be the best in the Big Ten Conference. If the Northwestern defense can put some pressure on Goff, it is going to be a very long day for the Bears from California. Also, the defense of the Wildcats last year was very opportunistic in creating turnovers, and this years defense should be no different. If the Wildcat defense can slow down the Bear offense, the offense of the Wildcats can then control the clock with the running of Mack and a short passing game, keeping the Bear offense on the sidelines, while scoring possibly at will against this horrible defense of California.

A couple other notes to mention for those considering this game:

*** Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald for Northwestern puts Sonny Dykes to shame in coaching ability.

*** The field goal kicker for Northwestern is a red shirt freshman who very well could be playing NFL Football after his days at Northwestern have ended, as he has that type of leg.

*** California is having to travel across the country for this game which is never easy.

3). LSU -4 at Wisconsin, but the game is being played in Houston, Texas. LSU has much better talent, and the Wisconsin offense is one dimensional as the quarterbacks for Wisconsin cannot throw the ball. On defense Wisconsin was hit hard by graduation and have no one to fill the shoes of those major players on defense from last year, which is going to be huge problem with LSU, who has possibly the best offensive line in the SEC, and running backs who are very physical, which will only wear down whomever is playing on the defensive front of the Badgers. Again it is the line play that is going to be the deciding outcome of this game.

Good luck to you all on a successful 2014-2015 College Football Season, and see you at the pay window!

It is only a matter of days that we get the party started!

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 08-20-14 at 01:54 PM.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

GL Urban

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    GL Urban
    Gracias amigo & see you at the pay window!

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Like the plays... Loving LSU this year with the Stud Rookie QB and RB. I think they will be a great cover team to bet early on!

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by Gameday View Post
    Like the plays... Loving LSU this year with the Stud Rookie QB and RB. I think they will be a great cover team to bet early on!
    Thank you for your input!

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

you better start doing a little better research...Venric Mark transferred out of Northwestern last week after he was suspended...with that said i still like Northwestern

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by nickeydyme View Post
    you better start doing a little better research...Venric Mark transferred out of Northwestern last week after he was suspended...with that said i still like Northwestern
    You are correct I should have edited this out. I had wrote my analysis of this game several weeks ago and posted it on another thread. Since I chose to make this thread I copied and pasted it without editing it, as I hate posting a play I like without backing it up with some sort of reason why. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 08-20-14 at 01:57 PM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

My goodfriend Urban!!! Good to see you back my friend.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    My goodfriend Urban!!! Good to see you back my friend.
    and to you also!

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Thanks for the picks and analysis. Any plan to buy the point in the Washington game?

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Thanks for the picks and analysis. Any plan to buy the point in the Washington game?
    No, as I do not feel it will be needed, but to be on the safe side it might be a good idea. Whatever you choose to do good luck, and I hope to see you at the pay window!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I am not nearly as high on Northwestern now as I was in June, before they lost Starting RB Venric Mark and Starting WR Christian Jones. I still think that they can cover 10. By the way, flying from San Francisco to Chicago is NOT flying across the country. As a matter of fact, the distance between Seattle and Honolulu is 800 miles further than between San Francisco and Chicago.

The other two games now have things outside of football that may determine how these games end. I believe that Udub should be able to handle Hawaii, even with their starting QB suspended for the game. Hawaii announced that they may not continue with football because of financial concerns. That can cause two things to happen. The players do not care and Hawaii loses by 50, or the players give it their all to show that football can be saved in Hawaii. They still lose, but they manage to score a cheap TD and lose by 14. Ouch.

The same now holds true for the LSU-Wisconsin game. LSU starts without much experience on offense. They also need their defense to step up. Wisconsin is basically one dimentional on offense. All they can do is run. The defense needs a major rebuilding job. I really liked LSU -4 until Ohio State fell out of the Big 10 Championship race. Now, it is between Michigan State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin now has more to play for than they did two days ago. I still give LSU a slight edge, but I really do not like either team enough to wager on them.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I am not nearly as high on Northwestern now as I was in June, before they lost Starting RB Venric Mark and Starting WR Christian Jones. I still think that they can cover 10. By the way, flying from San Francisco to Chicago is NOT flying across the country. As a matter of fact, the distance between Seattle and Honolulu is 800 miles further than between San Francisco and Chicago.

The other two games now have things outside of football that may determine how these games end. I believe that Udub should be able to handle Hawaii, even with their starting QB suspended for the game. Hawaii announced that they may not continue with football because of financial concerns. That can cause two things to happen. The players do not care and Hawaii loses by 50, or the players give it their all to show that football can be saved in Hawaii. They still lose, but they manage to score a cheap TD and lose by 14. Ouch.

The same now holds true for the LSU-Wisconsin game. LSU starts without much experience on offense. They also need their defense to step up. Wisconsin is basically one dimentional on offense. All they can do is run. The defense needs a major rebuilding job. I really liked LSU -4 until Ohio State fell out of the Big 10 Championship race. Now, it is between Michigan State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin now has more to play for than they did two days ago. I still give LSU a slight edge, but I really do not like either team enough to wager on them.

this...exactly the reason why I took California in my teaser and mentioned this very fact...also I disagree with Urbanlife about Sonny Dykes...He inherited a complete and utter mess at Cal thanks to Jeff Tedford...Dykes transformed La Tech into a respectable team that could compete and play with most Division I - A teams during his tenure there...He will do the same for Cal once he gets his recruits and players for his system.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    this...exactly the reason why I took California in my teaser and mentioned this very fact...also I disagree with Urbanlife about Sonny Dykes...He inherited a complete and utter mess at Cal thanks to Jeff Tedford...Dykes transformed La Tech into a respectable team that could compete and play with most Division I - A teams during his tenure there...He will do the same for Cal once he gets his recruits and players for his system.
    won't be this year I see them winning 1 or 2 games at most

Urbanwildlife

Thank you for sharing your opinions and good luck to the both of you!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Thank you for sharing your opinions and good luck to the both of you!
    Hey if NW wins 38 - 24 then we will both happy!...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    No, as I do not feel it will be needed, but to be on the safe side it might be a good idea. Whatever you choose to do good luck, and I hope to see you at the pay window!
    Thanks, man!

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Tailing you my brother. Let the games begin.