itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

SEC Network picked up by DirecTV!

Rest easy fellow fans of the perennial power house conference in football! Announced earlier this afternoon that the new network who's been snowballing into a giant finally agreed to a 20 year deal to be carried by DirecTV so all the games will be easily available as well as some great pontificators.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

ouuuuuuu this makes me happy. seeing as the BTN always had the WORST games

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    ouuuuuuu this makes me happy. seeing as the BTN always had the WORST games

I caught a couple decent games on the BTN last season but not many. Kinda knew DirecTV would jump on board but they went down to the damn wire on this one. August got here and was still only seeing Dish and others carry it....Pickle got worried

As soon as they signed Tebow as an analyst....he must have prayed it for us.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I caught a couple decent games on the BTN last season but not many. Kinda knew DirecTV would jump on board but they went down to the damn wire on this one. August got here and was still only seeing Dish and others carry it....Pickle got worried

As soon as they signed Tebow as an analyst....he must have prayed it for us.
    dude I am an IU/Ball State football fan. I am lucky to ever see bowls. I also have to consider myself a Florida man to support my friends

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rest easy fellow fans of the perennial power house conference in football! Announced earlier this afternoon that the new network who's been snowballing into a giant finally agreed to a 20 year deal to be carried by DirecTV so all the games will be easily available as well as some great pontificators.
    Fantastic post, and great info!

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

This is a must watch with my boy timmy tebow. good thing comcast has it as well.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's because Tebo is on he draws a massive audience

Best conference in America

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It's because Tebo is on he draws a massive audience

Best conference in America
    The 'SEC Nation' show will air pregame time slot against Gameday on Saturdays and the games will be called by good ole Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer so no more Musburger ABC games. They are setting up a nice little model so far.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

i predict people will turn off in droves when that bible thumper attempts to broadcast a game and starts spouting his religious gobbleygook.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Not surprising at all, both parties seemed to indicate that a deal will eventually get done several weeks ago. Now as for the Pac-12 Network...

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

20 years???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Also hearing that WatchESPN (or ESPN3) is coming to DirecTV too

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    20 years???

Yep they must have been so tired after the negotiations that they said Fukk this, see you in 2034...now lets go.

But that is accurate, contract til 2034 locked in.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What kind of games will the network carry? Like Florida vs E. Mich type games? How will they prioritize them between CBS & ESPN

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The 'SEC Nation' show will air pregame time slot against Gameday on Saturdays and the games will be called by good ole Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer so no more Musburger ABC games. They are setting up a nice little model so far.
    So let me get this straight. The SEC Network is stuck going head to head with Gameday on Saturdays, has Mushmouth broadcasting the games, and gets 3rd choice or worse in which games they can broadcast, because they are behind CBS and Disney. Does that sum it up? Looking forward to seeing Tennessee play Vandy. Tell me which one of these games, if any, the SEC Network will televise. Florida vs Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina. Georgia vs Clemson, South Carolina, or Auburn. South Carolina vs Auburn. Alabama at Ole Miss, at LSU, and vs Auburn. Auburn at Ole Miss, vs LSU. LSU vs Ole Miss. My guess is that NONE of those games get televised by the SEC Network because the big boys will gobble them up. The rest of the games are garbage. Give it a rest SEC homers.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-05-14 at 11:01 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I don't think the world is ready for a TV Paul Finebaum show. Fukkin idiots call into that show

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

No question... DirecTV is a must for sports lovers. No one comes close.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I don't think the world is ready for a TV Paul Finebaum show. Fukkin idiots call into that show
    Charles from Reeltown and Tammy....you're right, the world isn't prepared for those personalities.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So let me get this straight. The SEC Network is stuck going head to head with Gameday on Saturdays, has Mushmouth broadcasting the games, and gets 3rd choice or worse in which games they can broadcast, because they are behind CBS and Disney. Does that sum it up? Looking forward to seeing Tennessee play Vandy. Tell me which one of these games, if any, the SEC Network will televise. Florida vs Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina. Georgia vs Clemson, South Carolina, or Auburn. South Carolina vs Auburn. Alabama at Ole Miss, at LSU, and vs Auburn. Auburn at Ole Miss, vs LSU. LSU vs Ole Miss. My guess is that NONE of those games get televised by the SEC Network because the big boys will gobble them up. The rest of the games are garbage. Give it a rest SEC homers.
    ESPN is partners here, not direct competitors as they would be with the Big Ten, PAC 12 and Longhorn Nets BigDaddy. From what I've heard them say on the run up to the launch during SEC Media days and following the SEC world of blogs with the same group of people like Joe Tessatore and Palmer etc....Finebaum and David Pollack will float between ESPN Gameday and SEC Nation on Saturdays and they will be a joint thing sort of. But instead of having to do segments on Purdue vs Indiana or MAC teams, one will be devoted to all the SEC teams playing that day.

Musburger still has his ESPN/ABC contract as the prime employer but is just moving venues for the games is all. Opening weekend is S Carolina and Texas A&M game and then I think Florida and Kentucky and not sure the first month but rest of season is still to be decided. You're correct the Iron Bowl wont be on the network or the Auburn/Georgia game probably....but I realize you're out in PAC 12 country so you dont get the following that even the Ole Miss fans have...playing in the SEC West they are usually made irrelevant by mid October but the fans are loyal and unless they live close and get the local CBS coverage over the big CBS 2:30 time slots or ESPN PPV they miss games but now will get to see them. The new network is just a consolidation of media markets is all. Same reason Mizzou was brought in 2 years ago to get a foothold on the St Louis market vs adding W Virginia....competing for the viewers is all. NBC has Notre Dame....Longhorn Net has Texas markets...BTN has Ohio St...PAC 12 gets USC/Oregon.....now ESPN bundles up the LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, S Carolina area.....pretty solid from a football media standpoint you have to admit.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I hope I don't have to pay extra for that shit channel.... Swap that one out for the dodgers channel and I'll be good.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Glad the deal is done. The channel is free down South (maybe in other areas) if you have the Choice package or above. Channel 611.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Awesome news!!

SEC network has tons of great college softball on the slate as well.

Bigtime!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Those who have DirecTV check your bills next month. Another increase coming.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Charles from Reeltown and Tammy....you're right, the world isn't prepared for those personalities.
    These fukkers that call in

If you ever have a few hours, listen to this show. It's 3 hours of comedy gold

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

DirecTV's overpriced

You almost can watch everything for free online now

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I thought they already did - it is called ESPN channel. Since they own them, it's everything , everyday SECk14.