BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Rutgers vs Washington State Insight

Rutgers plays Washington State in Seattle on 8/28. Wazzu is between a 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 point favorite. Look for a lot of points in this game. Rutgers, and new OC Ralph Friedgen (the Fridge is back) welcomes back 9 starters, though their QB is rather inconsistant. Wazzu under HC and offensive guru Mike Leach have perhaps the best passsing game in the Pac 12. Neither team has much of a defense to speak of.

The one fact that many do not take into consideration is the "Reverse Time Change" that effects this game. Many people talk about the disadvantage that West Coast teams have going back east. UCLA opens at Virginia in a game scheduled to start at 12:00 noon, EDT. That is 9:00 am PDT. Well Wazzu has returned the favor by scheduling this game for a 7:00 PM PDT start, which is 10:00 EDT. Rutgers will not like this. I think that the starting time for this game may be enough to give the covering edge to Wazzu. Wazzu and the over (around 60) should be the play.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-04-14 at 10:41 AM.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you playing it???

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I am not sure as of yet. The line has not had much movement. I am really concerned about Wazzu's defense, which is in a word, pathetic. They blew a huge lead to Colorado State in their bowl game and ended up losing that game. I think Wazzu wins the game, but giving 8 1/2 points (the best line I have seen so far) may be a bit too much.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

Take the over.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs! View Post
    Take the over.
    I think that Over 60 is a good play.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i think rutgers team over sounds good, would also lean them to cover

BSJ
    BSJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 671

I would take the over in this 1.

chalk46
    chalk46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Been looking at this game since Friday and just added this to my week one list. I'm rolling with Rutgers.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

WSU is in year 3 of Leach. ..that's usually when a team really starts to click...the huge advantage is WSU pass offense against rutgers pathetic pass d. You can't run on rutgers, Fresno made that mistake ly in the opener and it almost cost them the game. So what did Houston do on them? Throw all over the place. It's not like rutgers has some all world creative and inventive offense, they're strength is running which happens to be WSU defense strength...believe me, if Nova has to throw the ball 40-50 times you can count on at least 2-3 picks

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Just go with over. Ru is lacking depth at secondary. They had to move Goodwin to corner. Ru offense has looked great in camp. I expect ru and wsu to score. I wouldn't touch the spread with ten foot pole.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

I hear ya on the over but I wouldn't take to much stock into how rutgers offense has looked in camp...they are going against a garbage defense. ..I think Flood is a lame duck coach. ..I'm thinking he gets canned at some point this season and Ralph gets promoted

beech630
    beech630's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Connor Halladay!

beech630
    beech630's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Loving State-8

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

vague idea to go to this game... especially if huskies are at home too (obv different day would be nice).. i think huskies are in hawaii....

anyway, what kind of attendance would they have in seattle? when i visit seattle i see alot of WSU stuff (clothing or on cars)....

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i gotta figure WSU is going to score... not sure if rutgers will score.. . so i say WSU....

i am always curious when good O/bad D plays reverse. not sure this is the case here this season but it has been variously in past seasons for these teams....

Briefcase
    Briefcase's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Don't like either side between 7.5 and 9.5

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I am not sure as of yet. The line has not had much movement. I am really concerned about Wazzu's defense, which is in a word, pathetic. They blew a huge lead to Colorado State in their bowl game and ended up losing that game. I think Wazzu wins the game, but giving 8 1/2 points (the best line I have seen so far) may be a bit too much.
    your posting is more pathetic than Wazzu's defense pussy ass *****.

Wazzu ML Biatch.