BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Most Overrated Team

Name the team that you think is the most overrated in college Football. The team I have picked is kind of a no brainer to me. Auburn by far is the most overrated team in College Football. Picked in the Top 10 by just about everyone, Auburn has a lot going against it. First, they lose the element of suprise. Next, they are not going to be nearly as lucky as they were last season. They lose a lot on Defense, and have aready lost their starting DE Carl Lawson, who was suppose to take up the slack for the departed Dee Ford. They also have a Soph starting at LT, where all-everything Greg Robinson patroled last season.

If all this were not bad enough, the schedule is a killer. They must face revenge games at Alabama and at Georgia. They also go to Ole Miss, and host LSU and South Carolina. Those are 5 very loseable games. Trips to Kansas State and Mississippi State complete a schedule that just about guarantees three losses or more. Auburn will be good, but nowhere near the caliber of team that the alleged "experts" think they are.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

This is easy.

The UNC Tarheels.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Most overrated of the so called "Title Contenders"

maybe Oklahoma, maybe Oregon. Maybe FSU?

Alabama is by far the best team in amateur ball.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You really have no clue, do you Bear. None at all. I could take every penny you have if I chose to. I strongly suggest that you start studying college football if you want to post about it.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-28-14 at 07:54 PM.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Georgia

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    Georgia

under arrest U

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    Georgia
    Gotta be mine too. The media and the polls overrate them every year. I think there is a slight drop in talent this year too added onto it all.

To a lesser degree, Iowa. They are that "dark horse" team that NCAAF-heads like to talk about. They are an above-average Big Ten team with a ridiculously soft schedule. Their two toughest games, Wisc and Neb are at home, so they may eek out a win in one of them, then get even more hype they don't deserve. It has all the makings of a great record, nice bowl game invite, and getting absolutely thrashed in that bowl game. IMO, they would get beat 9 out of 10 times on a neutral field against OSU, and a good 7 or 8 out of ten times the same way against Michigan State.

Earlwolf
    Earlwolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Louisville. Teams just don't replace their head coach, QB, and conference and be successful. I don't care what the talking heads say about Petrino, the dude is a snake oil salesmen and will not have success this year.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Earlwolf View Post
    Louisville. Teams just don't replace their head coach, QB, and conference and be successful. I don't care what the talking heads say about Petrino, the dude is a snake oil salesmen and will not have success this year.
    agree on this too

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Louisville will still put up points on the board. The big question is how many will they give up. 6-6 to 8-4 seems realistic for these guys.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Auburn will have a much tougher time this year, wasnt sold on the qb being a passer last year even though they dont utilize the pass with him that much, Malzahn is smart though as used to having passing qbs, Im gonna think he'll have Marshall passing alot more this year to keep defenses honest.

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

clemsen by far

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I have not seen Clemson rated very high at all. I mean, 2nd in the ACC Atlantic. Is this too high? I would be shocked if they got past Florida State, but who else do they have to worry about in the ACC Atlantic? Games at Georgia ad against South Carolina can add up to two more losses for them.

Auburn has lost their starting LG Alex Kozan to back surgery. This certainly will make things that much more difficult for Malzahn. They have also lost starting DE Carl Lawson, who was suppose to replace the departed Dee Ford.

mewalke11
    mewalke11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

USC

The Sarkisian hiring doesn't strike fear into anyone and Browne losing to Cosy Kessler for the starting job means their best QB is....who Cody Kessler?!

They have Stanford is week 2 so they could easily have a PAC-12 loss early in the season.
    Last edited by mewalke11; 08-02-14 at 09:52 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Again, USC is not rated that high. What are they? 15 to 20 in the nation. Most alleged "experts" pick USC to go 9-3 or 8-4. That seems about right.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do think USC will cover against your Fresno State team BigdaddyQH. I doubt that it will be a play of mine but who knows ....

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I do think USC will cover against your Fresno State team BigdaddyQH. I doubt that it will be a play of mine but who knows ....
    Leather-pants