jc1123
    jc1123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

2014 bcs buster coming outta conf.-usa

With 9 starters returning on defense - a defense that gave up way too many big plays in 2013. From 2012 to 2013 the defense did improve now look for a big leap in improvement in 2014.

MARSHALL THUNUNDERING HERD offense in 2013 scored 41 points per game, with the offense basically returning intact look for the Herd to light up score-boards.

QB Rakeem Cato, WR Tommy Shuler are primed for big time seasons.

Marshall has a legitimate chance to run the table during the regular season, perfect 12-0 and perhaps earn a spot in one of the top 6 bowls.
    If you can take a look at Marshalls schedule - it's in the Herds favor

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jc1123 View Post
    With 9 starters returning on defense - a defense that gave up way too many big plays in 2013. From 2012 to 2013 the defense did improve now look for a big leap in improvement in 2014.

MARSHALL THUNUNDERING HERD offense in 2013 scored 41 points per game, with the offense basically returning intact look for the Herd to light up score-boards.

QB Rakeem Cato, WR Tommy Shuler are primed for big time seasons.

Marshall has a legitimate chance to run the table during the regular season, perfect 12-0 and perhaps earn a spot in one of the top 6 bowls.
    If you can take a look at Marshalls schedule - it's in the Herds favor
    Where was this information copied from???

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Everyone is predicting that Marshall will be the team to play someone in the Peach Bowl this season as the rep from the "Little 5". They play absolutely no one worth mentioning and will be favored in every game. While Marshall does NOT return 9 starters on defense (the correct number is 7), they still should go undefeated until they get crushed by an SEC team in the Peach Bowl. They also may be a good "fade" team because the lines will be huge.

jc1123

Sorry to mention but Marshall has 9 returning starters, to verify starters - There's nine players returning on defense WHO HAS STARTED AT LEAST ONE FOOTBALL CONTEST IN THE FOOTBALL SEASON OF 2013.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to mention but Marshall has 9 returning starters, to verify starters - There's nine players returning on defense WHO HAS STARTED AT LEAST ONE FOOTBALL CONTEST IN THE FOOTBALL SEASON OF 2013.
    and again, since you failed to answer my initial post, where did you copy this information from???

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

So, according to you, any player who starts a game is considered a returning starter. Let me fill you in on a little secret. Let me show you exactly how incorrect your statement about returning starters are. Last season Georgia QB Aaron Murray was injured and back-up QB Hustin Mason started two games. Mason is NOT listed as a returning starter. Floridea Starting QB Driskel was the starter for Florida last season until an injury took him out early on the season. He is NOT listed as a returning starter this season. Hawaii QB Woosley started two games last season and is NOT listed as a returning starter. The same holds gtrue for Northwestern QB Siemian and Nebraska QB Armstrong. There are many more examples. Now why don't you answer Urban's question?

jc1123

Big....I'm not here to go back & forth with you, nor am I here to make someone look bad.
    I'm here to speak about college football like a gentleman. I haven't answered that persons question
    because I didnt copy and paste 5 sentences.

According to Phil Steele's web site the starting QB from Florida and Nebraska are returning starters.

According to Marshall 2014 Media Guide the Herd's defense has 9 returning starters, if your contacts or whereever you
    get your info from says different, cool!!!!

Bottom line sir, we all want to WIN our wagers - correct?? YES!!!

HONESTLY I'll be following your information when I can, your knowledgeable with cfb.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Big....I'm not here to go back & forth with you, nor am I here to make someone look bad.
    I'm here to speak about college football like a gentleman. I haven't answered that persons question
    because I didnt copy and paste 5 sentences.

According to Phil Steele's web site the starting QB from Florida and Nebraska are returning starters.

According to Marshall 2014 Media Guide the Herd's defense has 9 returning starters, if your contacts or whereever you
    get your info from says different, cool!!!!

Bottom line sir, we all want to WIN our wagers - correct?? YES!!!

HONESTLY I'll be following your information when I can, your knowledgeable with cfb.
    I thank you for the complement, but I think you can see why I am so picky on returning starters. The wrong information can really mess people up. As far as Steele is concerned, I do not trust him. He has too big of a losing record. One look at his Top 25 should convince you of that.

As far as Marshall is concerned, they may be a very poor wager this season because everyone I know, both in print and in Vegas, have put them at 12-1 or 13-0. Unfortunately, Vegas also knows this, so the lines will be rather inflated. I really do not see too many games where the line will be under 21 points.