Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Post your week 1 picks

I'm starting off with ole miss -8. Boise st is good, but how good will they be on the road in Georgia is what I'm thinking. Ole miss seems to be heading in the right direction with Bo Wallace at qb. From what I've seen, he can light it up.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I am looking at Northwestern -9 1/2 at home against Cal. Northwestern was very disappointing last season and missed a bowl game for the first time since 2007. They return 9 starters from last years offense, and QB Siemian, who shared time. They aso return 7 starters on defense. Cal is coming off a disaster ous 2013 and really does not have a lot to show for it. With only 4 starters returning from a defense which was the worst in Cal hstory, Cal will give up a lot of points. Northwestern beat them by 14 in Berkeley last season. I do not see Cal getting any closer this season.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-01-14 at 11:17 AM.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ditto: If I had to pic a game from a major conference right now, this Northwestern game would be my choice as well. They will have 40+ points in this game.

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

For smaller school I got Eastern Wash -4 against Sam Houston St.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacapper View Post
    For smaller school I got Eastern Wash -4 against Sam Houston St.
    And I made this comment previously in a another thread I believe. Eastern Washington is a very good team.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree, but I really do not have the time to look at non FBS Schools.

Urbanwildlife

In addition to the plays I have already mentioned, the more I have looked at the LSU/Wisconsin game, the more I really really really like LSU, so much so I am putting it as one of my favorite plays of the first week. Wisconsin does not even know at this point who there starting quarterback will be, and whoever wins the starting job cannot pass, as both of the quarterbacks fighting for the starting job are runners, so if the LSU defense shuts down the running game of the Badgers they are totally fuked. On defense they (Wisconsin) are going to be revamping the whole defense due to graduations, and they as of right now have no one to fill the shoes of those major players on defense from last year, which is going to be huge problem with LSU, who has possibly the best offensive line in the SEC, and running backs who are very physical, which will only wear down whomever is playing on the defensive front of the Badgers. I see no reason why this would not be a major play on the first week, if not against the spread, definitely a money line play. I am sure our resident guru wildcorndog would agree!

*** I might add that this game is being played on a neutral site, in Houston, which is going to bring all the LSU fans to the game.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 07-15-14 at 02:41 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree. Wisky is very inexperienced on the defensive front 7, and while I think the whole QB thing is a bit blown out of porportion, it can be a distraction. The line is currently LSU -7, and that seems to be about right for a week 1 game. LSU also is looking for a starting QB, aqnd will probaably go to a two QB system, which I do not like. Still, they return 6 starters on defense, and that probably will be the difference in a game that will feature a lot of running and passing onloy when someone falls behind in the 2nd half.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Will have to wait and see on that wisky game. I believe that lsu prob have a solid rec vs non conf foes under the mad hatter, but badgers have a pretty good resume in recent years. Both teams in a slight transition so I will have to wait.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Utah State beats Tennessee straight up. Chuckie Keeton comes back with a boom!

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Utah State beats Tennessee straight up. Chuckie Keeton comes back with a boom!
    On the road in Tennessee?

kayle163
    kayle163's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

can't wait for the season to start august 27

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

LSU has dropped to -5 1/2 vs Wisky. I am taking a serious look now.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    LSU has dropped to -5 1/2 vs Wisky. I am taking a serious look now.
    As I mentioned above, this is one of the best plays for the first week of the season, and I broke it down in my post above why I feel that way. If you do not believe me, ask the LSU guru wildcorndog! #See you at the pay window#

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 07-19-14 at 10:39 PM.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gardenpeas...did the Mods here a SBR finally take their responsibility SERIOUS at the CFB Forum?

Informative thread without the XXXXXXX DRAMA..............amazing at SBR!

A little early for me with a top play for cash...but gathering up information from you guys is what a sports forum is all about. Thanks...we all are trying to make a profit....especially week one.

Urbanwildlife

Breakdown of my other favorite pick for the first week:

Northwestern over California in Evanston, Illinois. Last I knew the line was Northwestern -9.5

First off, I am far from a Sonny Dykes fan. Last year California was ranked next to last nationally in points allowed, won only one game all year which was a close game at that against Portland State 37-30, and there chances of improving on last years one win season are very slight, if they do at all. They now have a new defensive coordinator implementing a new scheme with the same players who could not stop anyone last year. They are going to be going up against a very good quarterback who has the ability to pass very well in Trevor Siemian, who has 4 of his top 5 receivers back from a year ago, and a very good running back in senior Venric Mark, who very well could be playing in the NFL next year, as he is that good of a talent. The weak part of the Northwestern team could be there offensive line, but with them playing a home game against a weak defensive team like California I would be very surprised if they have any problems, and in fact, I expect them to dominate the Bear defense with a combination of Mack and there excellent passing game.

Yes California has a good offense, lead by Jarod Goff, and 3 of his top 4 receivers are back, but he also has a weak offensive line in front of him, and he will be throwing against a very good and strong Northwestern secondary, which might be the best in the Big Ten Conference. If the Northwestern defense can put some pressure on Goff, it is going to be a very long day for the Bears from California. Also, the defense of the Wildcats last year was very opportunistic in creating turnovers, and this years defense should be no different. If the Wildcat defense can slow down the Bear offense, the offense of the Wildcats can then control the clock with the running of Mack and a short passing game, keeping the Bear offense on the sidelines, while scoring possibly at will against this horrible defense of California.

A couple other notes to mention for those considering this game:

*** Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald for Northwestern puts Sonny Dykes to shame in coaching ability.

*** The field goal kicker for Northwestern is a red shirt freshman who very well could be playing NFL Football after his days at Northwestern have ended, as he has that type of leg.

*** California is having to travel across the country for this game which is never easy.

I am going to the pay window on this game, and hope to see you there for a ice cold beer to celebrate this great win and cover by Northwestern Wildcats!

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 07-20-14 at 12:48 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Northwestern is now up to -10 1/2. They have crossed the 10 threshold. The line probably will not get any lower than 10. In the meantime, LSU is down to 4 1/2 and still dropping against Wisconsin. This is a must win for LSU. If an SEC team loses to a Big 10 (+4) team, it will just be that much more difficult for an SEC team with one loss to crash the final four. It works both ways. If Big 10 teams Wsiconsin lose to LSU, and Michigan State lose to Oregon, the Big 10 is going to look very weak compared to the SEC and Pac 12. A Michigan loss to Notre Dame would also hurt. These teams are quite aware of all of this. Conference non-con records against teams from the Big 5 conferences will be very meaningful as far as the selection committee is concerned. If the Big 10 goes undefeated against the non-power conference non-con teams they play, but goes 5-9 agaist the non-con teams from the power 5 conferences (which cetainly is a major possibility), it will not look good for all of the teams in the conference.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-20-14 at 11:49 AM.

Urbanwildlife

@ my friend Night-Tripper who for those that do not know, is one of the most knowledgeable and level headed posters on the forum. Nice to see you again , and I hope 2014 has been treating you well, and I hope this College Football Season can be as good or better than our past ones. Nothing new around here, the same BDQH and his rants, and KD and his unprovoked postings of 100 percent insults.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    @ my friend Night-Tripper who for those that do not know, is one of the most knowledgeable and level headed posters on the forum. Nice to see you again , and I hope 2014 has been treating you well, and I hope this College Football Season can be as good or better than our past ones. Nothing new around here, the same BDQH and his rants, and KD and his unprovoked postings of 100 percent insults.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    and KD and his unprovoked postings of 100 percent insults.
    Last edited by downsouth; 07-23-14 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Removed

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

What's VATech laying against William and Mary?

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Gardenpeas...did the Mods here a SBR finally take their responsibility SERIOUS at the CFB Forum?

Informative thread without the XXXXXXX DRAMA..............amazing at SBR!

A little early for me with a top play for cash...but gathering up information from you guys is what a sports forum is all about. Thanks...we all are trying to make a profit....especially week one.

You have to be happy that there is at least some knowledge in this forum. Can't say the same for the nfl. Take a look over there and try to find any quality threads that talks about a game. I put out a thread with my pick and got trolled.......

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

There is still a lot of time between now and the season opener. What you will undoubtedly see is a frenzy of activity for weeks one, two and three. Then it will start it's slow but steady decrease until you have nearly no one left come Conference Championship time. You may get an upswing around Bowl Time, but that will be due to people who want to get their two cents in rint. The fact that many of these people do NOT wager is besides the point. How many people in here have you seen claimed to have gone "all in" on a game, lost that game (like the vast majority do) and then come back the next day with other wagers?