BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Check The Schedules Out

I cannot stress the importance of scheduling, especially in the new era of College Football. Here is an eample of some very good teams who get a huge break in the schedule:

Oregon. All three non-con games are at home. One of those games is against Rose Bowl Champ Michigan State. They also get Udub and Stanford at home and manage to duck both USC and Arizona State. The only tough away game is at UCLA. Nice schedule with enough good teams mixed in to get them to the Playoffs.

LSU. Another good team with a nice schedule. A "Neutral Site" game against Wisconsin starts things off. They play Auburn and Florida on the road but host Ole Miss and Alabama. Another nice schedule for the team I think (at this time) will win the SEC.

Ohio State. Their non-con schedule is not real difficult, but has enough names on it (Va. Tech and Cincinnait at home) to get some style points. Their only tough away game is at Michigan State. Another schedule with enough "Name Teams" in it to get them to the final four.

Florida State. A nice early "Neutral Site" game against rebuilding Oklahoma State is a good way to start. A home game against Clemson is a good way to start your Conference play. A home game against Florida is a good way to end your regular season. Unfortunately Florida State must also host Notre Dame and go to Louisville and Miami. Florida State is clearly the team with the best chancce to lose a game and still get into the playoffs because of their huge advantage in SOS.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Rumor is that the SEC wants to be sure the committee is capable of putting in a 10-2 SEC team with a tougher schedule in the playoffs over a 10-1 team that played a bunch of cupcakes before they go to a 9 game schedule. I think it will happen eventually. It wouldn't be too hard to let Auburn & Georgia play each other every year and have everyone else on a rotating schedule. Teams like UF/LSU don't even want to keep that rivalry

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

LSU. R u serious? Who else has to play auburn and alabama? There isn't a DIV 1 school in the country outside of the sec with harder schedule to finish undefeated. Ur a queen
    Last edited by wildcorndog; 05-04-14 at 12:48 PM.

wildcorndog

Who has the hardest schedule in your opinion?

wildcorndog

On 2nd thought I don't care what u think.

wildcorndog

No one in the sec west has to schedule OOC to make their schedule have style points. If u are in the SEC your schedule is automatically the hardest in the country.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Starbucks doesn't schedule home & home's with Peet's Coffee. Coke doesn't schedule home & home's with RC Cola. The SEC doesn't schedule home & home's with some rinky dink conference.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The SEC is way over-rated and will find that out this season, when they get no favoritism from the committee. Corndog, you are a loser. Typical 0 point loser. I HATE homers and you are the bigest LSU homer in here. The fact is that several Pac 12 teams would kick LSU's tail if they played on a neutral site. Having said that, you obviouslyh do not know how to read, because I stated at this time, I picked LSU to win the SEC West.

Anyone else in here who thinks that the SEC is the almighty can take the position and prepare to get your tail kicked. There is NO WAY that ANY two loss team makes the final four. Not with the vast majority of committee members outside of the SEC. There is not ONE SEC team brave enough to schedule a home and home with USC. A&M already chickened out of their home and home with USC. That is beause USC consistantly kicks SEC teams tails. Pat Hayden is the USC AD and is on the committee. So much for the SEC having such a tough conferece.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see you are still around Wildcorndog! Where is your buddy Sam Diamond at these days? Hopefully you can give some strong pointers to your friend BigQueenQH, so he see what the pay window looks like in this upcoming college football season. I am sure he will be very appreciative of your assistance!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 05-31-14 at 01:42 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Nice to see you are still around Wildcorndog! Where is your buddy Sam Diamond at these days? Hopefully you can give some strong pointers to your friend BigQueenQH, so he see what the pay window looks like in this upcoming college football season. I am sure he will be very appreciative of your assistance!
    Are you serious? NO one lost more than Corndog did last season. He is the consumate loser. He is also rather ignorant. He gets all out of joint when I tell the truth about the SEC, yet he totally overlooks the fact that I picked his Homer team (LSU) to win the SEC this season and possibly get into the "final four".

Urbanwildlife

Look up the word humor, and add it to your life!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Look up the word humor, and add it to your life!
    If you arfe talking about Corndog, I guess you are right. He is funnier than hell especially when he goes off on LSU failing to cover a game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I like sucking a c0ck in the gloryhole booth

Urbanwildlife

and here he is again, posting his -- crap, possibly because he is a straight -- himself.
    Last edited by shari91; 06-10-14 at 02:57 AM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

I pay for puss in 3rd world countries

Urbanwildlife

You have been reported for the infraction of deleting a post, and then putting in a post of your liking. Bye bye bye as the administration here does not take to kindly to this type of infraction of its rules.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

You have been reported for the infraction of deleting a post, and then putting in a post of your liking. Bye bye bye as the administration here does not take to kindly to this type of infraction of its rules.

Call your congressman

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

good thread

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Yes. people do not realie the importance of the schedule, especially now that SOS means so much. Oklahoma has a much better chance of getting into the Playoff if they win the Big 12 than Baylor does, because of the schedule, especially the non-con games.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Another shit schedule for the Buckeyes. VaTech and Cincy are easy wins, the Buckeyes don't deserve to make the playoff if they lose one game. I say they lose at MSU but don't see another, hopefully someone gives them two losses so they don't sneak in.

I like LSU if they go with Harris at QB. Just a gut feeling they make it this year and Bama doesn't.

FSU has a solid schedule, seems that they may lose a game but would deserve to make it as a one loss team like you said.

Can't wait for football to start, gonna be a fun year. Hope we all make some damn money.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Another shit schedule for the Buckeyes. VaTech and Cincy are easy wins, the Buckeyes don't deserve to make the playoff if they lose one game. I say they lose at MSU but don't see another, hopefully someone gives them two losses so they don't sneak in.

I like LSU if they go with Harris at QB. Just a gut feeling they make it this year and Bama doesn't.

FSU has a solid schedule, seems that they may lose a game but would deserve to make it as a one loss team like you said.

Can't wait for football to start, gonna be a fun year. Hope we all make some damn money.
    Here is the problem. No one knew how bad Va. Tech was going to be last season. This season some pick them to win the ACC Coastal Division. Cincinnati was 9-4 last season and is favored to win the AAC this season. Compare that to Baylor, who plays SMU, Northwestern State, and at Buffalo. Oklahooma hosts La. Tech and Tennessee, and goes to Tulsa. Those are the top two picks in the Big 12. Alabama has West Vriginia at a neutral site, and Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss and Western Carolina, all at home. Ohio State's non-con schedule is tougher that those that I just mentioned.

I agree with LSU and they will be my #1 pick in the SEC West. They host Alabama and have 4 returning starters on the offensive line. The defensive lihne should also be strong.

Florida State has a strong non-con schedule and should easily qualify for the playiffs with one loss.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

For anyone to saw the SEC is over-rated is really past stupid. 7 of the last 8 BCS national champs have came from the SEC. I understand everyone outside of the SEC hates them but to say they are over-rated? That statement really kills anything else you say.

LSU is going to be down quite a bit this year as well. Lost 2 studs on DL, 2 stud WR's, stud RB and QB. They will have an elite secondary, weak LB core and weak DL. Wisconsin will probably beat them in week 1 truth be told. They won't win SEC West or make the playoffs. Also Ole Miss owns LSU when they play at Death Valley.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post
    For anyone to saw the SEC is over-rated is really past stupid. 7 of the last 8 BCS national champs have came from the SEC. I understand everyone outside of the SEC hates them but to say they are over-rated? That statement really kills anything else you say.

LSU is going to be down quite a bit this year as well. Lost 2 studs on DL, 2 stud WR's, stud RB and QB. They will have an elite secondary, weak LB core and weak DL. Wisconsin will probably beat them in week 1 truth be told. They won't win SEC West or make the playoffs. Also Ole Miss owns LSU when they play at Death Valley.
    I would like to see what one of the best handicappers on the forum, Mr. "wildcorndog" has to say about that!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

LSU -7 is about right. Wisconsin loses too many players and does not have a passing game. The Big 10+4 is a notoriously slow conference and nothing changes this season. On top of all of this, Wisky loses all 7 of their front 7 starters on defense. This will probably not be the most exciting game in week 1, but LSU prevails.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Can't wait to watch fournette at lsu

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

does Oregon have a good QB this year?

with that easy schedule maybe they might be worth a bet for national title futures

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Can't wait to watch fournette at lsu
    what position?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Bear. I find it very difficult that you ask questions like this. "Does Oregon have a good QB this year"? Really? Is the Pope Catholic? Are you honestly trying to tell us that you do not know who Marcus Mariota is? He is just the front runner for the Heisman Trophy. Fournette is the starting Freshman RB who is suppose to be very talented. It is quite obvious that you do not follow College Football very closely. I really have to question your claims of wagering on it. If you do not know who the Oregon QB is, you really have no business posting. I do not mean to be offensive, but give us a break.

Urbanwildlife

BigdaddyQH, you have to believe he is just fcuking with you.