Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Info for the ball st game

I'm here in Indiana and it is cold, windy and raining. Looks like its gonna be this way all day an night. Just trying to help you guys for your picks tonight. I can post closer to game time too if you would like. This weather sucks! I need to find a good job and get outta here. Lol. GL guys

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Thanks! Looking to go under the total of 55. 15 mile an hour winds predicted at game time should help. Ball State should be able to run the ball with success against a defense that can't get off the field because they are facing 3rd and 3's or 4's. I think I seen Central was coming off a bye week. I look for their defense to improve with the time off. Ball state gives up yardage on the ground. Not going to be a run fest or nothing but, the ability to run late and kill clock was a factor last night in the BG/Miami,Oh. game to squeak out a push on the under. I look for more of the same in this one. When a team is playing for a reason and facing a lesser foe they get a comfortable lead and ride out the clock. Under

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Central Michigan has been off 19 days and Ball State last played on the 26th of October. Ball State is not a running team, but a passing team that relies on short passing schemes, screens, pick plays, and crossing routes. instead of throwing the ball down the field.

byrdpickem
    byrdpickem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

On a normal day I'd go over here because BSU puts up points and gives up a lot, but the weather is pushing me toward under as well.

ZINISTER

Agree. They are balanced attempts pass/run. They are also equal in TD's pass/rush. Neither team has a strong kicking game! Which helps in some cases and hurts when the defenses are not that strong. That is the twist when kicking game is weak. They gamble more which could hurt you when riding the Under if the defenses don't hold. Just the only game on the board and I'm wanting action. This is what I see. GL

booksbroker
    booksbroker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

Hmm the oddmakers don't know is raining and windy? The o/u was 55.5 this morning, now 57.5. That 2 points swing in an hour or so. I did want to play the under, hmmm... Still under 57.5? I already lock in on Central Michigan +21.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

I'm often just an action junky and was considering a 7 point tease on one of the teams. Any suggestions are appreciated. +28 or -14?

booksbroker

+28 is safer imo.

Trmeyer

If its not raining tonight, Ball st should win pretty easily. They'll switch out the ball often to keep it somewhat dry. If it is raining, +28 is a lot of points. It would be more running and throwing screens and slants.

booksbroker

Quote Originally Posted by booksbroker View Post
    Hmm the oddmakers don't know is raining and windy? The o/u was 55.5 this morning, now 57.5. That 2 points swing in an hour or so. I did want to play the under, hmmm... Still under 57.5? I already lock in on Central Michigan +21.
    Can't resist to lock in under 58.

Cmu +21 2u
    under 58 1u

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

It's going to rain to around 8:30, ending by 9 p.m. The wind will still be 15-17 mph. Throwing down field will be very difficult and more running and short passes will be on the menu. I like the under on this one.

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Makes sense going the +28 route. Even if CMU just scores 14, Ball State would have to score 43 to cover in potentially rough weather. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by tennesseety; 11-06-13 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling

ZINISTER

Muncie, Indiana is in the middle of the state. Radar looks like the rain will clear up bout game time. They will have to deal with some wind. Its time for me to turn into Mr. Mom gotta get dinner started. GL

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Rain has moved out and is clearing already!

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I think CMU should cover. Something tells me that BSU will be looking past these guys and looking at their game with NIU and Mr. Lynch next week.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Good point Stokes about the big game with N. Illinois coming up but having the extra time off kind of neutralizes that angle in my opinion. Their last game was 12 days ago.

The problem for any Central Michigan support is their track record covering against winning teams is terrible. Something like 3 of last 15.

Heavy rain and wind can be a problem during a game. If the weather has cleared off...I wouldn't be to concerned while playing on fieldturf. Fields nowdays drain well....not like playing on grass/dirt ones. QB Wenning leads the MAC in passing yards and touchdowns plus he throws a lot of short stuff.

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

bsu all the way..... bank on it!!! over as well.. 42-17

sportsfan99
    sportsfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

What is the weather like there now? I like this under if the weather is bad.

dzuke155
    dzuke155's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

radar shows not raining now, but 8pm till 11pm forecast says 60% to 80% chance of rain and 12mph winds. Do not know what to do???

Trmeyer

Muncie is getting rained on now. It looks like its gonna stop for an hour or 2, but there's a whole bunch of green on the radar coming its way. No thunderstorms, just cold, miserable rain.

Trmeyer

I capped this game and came out with it somewhere around 39-20 ball st. That is without the weather factor. Kinda leaning towards under 58 here and CM+21.

Trmeyer

Hahaha, I know. As if betting on a MAC game isn't dumb enough...now we're trying factor in the weather and hope it makes a difference.

Trmeyer

Quote Originally Posted by dzuke155 View Post
    radar shows not raining now, but 8pm till 11pm forecast says 60% to 80% chance of rain and 12mph winds. Do not know what to do???
    Hahaha, I know. As if betting on a MAC game isn't dumb enough...now we're trying factor in the weather and hope it makes a difference

tailin junkie
    tailin junkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17008

12 mph is not a factor, gotta be 20+ gusts IMO

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Something is stopping me from pulling the trigger on this game. I had Ball St with power ranking @ -24, yet number still sitting @ -21. Cent Mich was only + 15 against No Ill. Cent Mich weakness is rush defense below #100 and Rush O is not a strength of Ball st also ranking below #100.

Ball st has won me plenty of $'s this season, but I believe their D is a little soft.

Ball St will win, but 3 Td's is a lot, especially when you consider a suspect D. No Ill shredded C Mich , but they did it on the ground with 400 + yards, yikes.

Fully aware that both teams have had extended off time/practice. Ball St vs No. Ill is huge next week.

Do you think the Cards have been working on some plays for the huskies next week? You bet they have and no way they will run them tonight and let the Huskies see them on tape.

I don't like betting unders with sh*t D's. I feel Ball St will do enough for a comfortable win, but might be a little conservative here. I'm guessing plain vanilla game plan. Possibly resting guys late if things go their way.

Thought is lay it if you play it, but have a bad feeling. Cards might roll, but backdoor could be wide open the end.

I might pass, but wanted to throw out some quick thoughts. Be careful here.

Two monster games on Thursday and I have a serious part of my roll in play.

Gl with your picks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WorkHorse

dymd3z
    SEC CHAMPS!
    dymd3z's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 858

spread down to 20.5 & 58

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

National TV game............ Ball State wants to make a statement and be ranked going into NIU GAME...they will be going for the throat...oh and by the way the last game they played it was raining and Keith Wenning threw 5 TD'S................

olemissbydamn
    olemissbydamn's Avatar Become A Pro!

going under, not confident, but doing it anyway #degens

edit: reasoning is because i think bsu will be looking ahead and the weather

WorkHorse

Just got a call from an old bettor friend in Tampa asking me if I had a play tonight...said no, too many better games on Saturday.

I ask him who he liked....said he was taking the points and this ole timer is pretty damn strong. We shall see!!

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

HMMM Ball State marches down preety darn easy score D in less the four minutes............... but long way to go...........

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Why would Ball State be looking ahead, when if they lose this game, the N. Illinois game doesnt even matter?

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Just got a call from an old bettor friend in Tampa asking me if I had a play tonight...said no, too many better games on Saturday.

I ask him who he liked....said he was taking the points and this ole timer is pretty damn strong. We shall see!!

Have to agree. I like to have an edge. We can all talk our bs, but real tough to identify a strong edge, here tonight. Ball St could roll here, but damn, that's a lot of points in a game where their might not be a lot of focus.

Some pointed out tv game, but not seeing it on a sh*tty Wed night game.

We've all seen the cameras pan out (accidentally) and you wonder why you had such confidence in a game like buffalo/Ohio last night. Place was empty.

If someone is jonesing for a bet, why not a action play with tonights pick and your best play thur nite. Might get lucky and juice your bets up going into Thur.

I had to pause on responding here as the game almost kicked off.

Back and Ball St just drove down the field and scored. 7-0. Looks nasty, cold,windy and lots of rain. It's all going to come down to if Ball St will man up and play tough D. Looks like Cards will have no problem scoring.

Here's what I played. More serious plays on straight bets laying the damn wood on Thursday. Bears -14, Ducks -10. Looks bad typing that. Could argue hard on how tough it's going to be @ the Farm under the lights. If Ducks get them off balance they will roll. Tree will get physical, but we all know "speed kills". Like the Bears a lot @ Home. Sooners no push -over , but living off the past. Horns hooked those boys hard and that Sooner D showed no fight when they got punched in the mouth in the Red River Beat down. Yeah, that river was red alright. Red with Sooner blood.

Three team action play with just enough to make it interesting.

Ball St -13 1/2

Baylor - 8 1/2

Oregon -7

1x = 2.37 X

WorkHorse

Damn Gator....nice win.

I'm getting killed tonight in cards.....long way to go Bud.

Wish you where here partner....I always kicked your ass.