Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Don't think I've ever met someone who loves Charlotte as much as you, team is brutal too haha. GL though bro.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by vegasreaper View Post
    Played it with betdsi,not that I owe an explanation I have more than one account betdsi is STILL 6 1/2. I live in Vegas
    havent had time to catch this thread but great job reaper... btw the i live in vegas comment reminds me of the classic Usual Suspects when the police tell kevin pollack "we can put you in queens the night of the robbery" "oh i live in queens what do you have a team of monkeys working round the clock on this one?

something to that affect lmao

vegasreaper
    vegasreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11044

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    havent had time to catch this thread but great job reaper... btw the i live in vegas comment reminds me of the classic Usual Suspects when the police tell kevin pollack "we can put you in queens the night of the robbery" "oh i live in queens what do you have a team of monkeys working round the clock on this one?

something to that affect lmao
    LMAO I love that movie one of the best

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

My friend why the NM Lobo team every week? They suck. I'm sure that they win now that I asked. But..

Time is Money

Just interested, how do you get your plays? do you input data into a system?

vegasreaper

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
    My friend why the NM Lobo team every week? They suck. I'm sure that they win now that I asked. But..
    TIA then for giving me an extra winner my friend....lol

vegasreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Just interested, how do you get your plays? do you input data into a system?
    I input offensive and defensive stats in and then run sims and see what games my numbers come out the most different from the actual lines.

Time is Money

I input offensive and defensive stats in and then run sims and see what games my numbers come out the most different from the actual lines.
    do you weigh the stats based on SOS?

vegasreaper

do you weigh the stats based on SOS?
    Don't know what SOSA is,so I guess not. Unless you mean same old shtick NO just like my bases I do my own thing and has worked over the years

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

SOS = Strength of Schedule. I'm guessing like some sort of multiplier that scales up appropriately

Time is Money

I would sure hope this, thread has been a burial and already starting the week 0-2. Seems like a lot of the time you're on huge public plays.

vegasreaper

I would sure hope this, thread has been a burial and already starting the week 0-2. Seems like a lot of the time you're on huge public plays.
    Finished 40 units ahead last year and the two years before that. All things have a down side. It's your money quit following me then. Don't know what you consider a burial but if your buried already you don't use money management my friend. Furthermore I'm 1-1 not 0-2 but I know what type of person you are as you're so quick to say you're a burial thread you're 0-2 before the games even over. And not making an excuse but the Houston line was a bad line 28 all over town which would have pushed. I am in this for the long haul not a weekend thing and I'm done. I make money in every thread I have so at the end tell me how much I'm buried. Oh and like I said follow someone else it's your money
    Last edited by vegasreaper; 09-30-16 at 02:04 AM.

Time is Money

Finished 40 units ahead last year and the two years before that. All things have a down side. It's your money quit following me then. Don't know what you consider a burial but if your buried already you don't use money management my friend. Furthermore I'm 1-1 not 0-2 but I know what type of person you are as you're so quick to say you're a burial thread you're 0-2 before the games even over. And not making an excuse but the Houston line was a bad line 28 all over town which would have pushed. I am in this for the long haul not a weekend thing and I'm done. I make money in every thread I have so at the end tell me how much I'm buried. Oh and like I said follow someone else it's your money
    Little concerning you cap games and don't even know the term SOS. How can you just pop stats into a model without factoring for strength of schedule. 139-99 isn't 40 units ahead and we both know this. at -110 juice you finished 30 units ahead. Few weeks into the season you're down about 11 units and was just asking what model you use. Being successful year in, year out takes tweaking. I ask a question and you give me some sarcastic ass answer talking about "same old schtick"

tennesseety
    tennesseety's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1817

Take your negative sh*t to another thread, Time. I just don't understand the tough guy behind the keyboard mentality. A lot of us enjoy vegas' picks, winning ways and positive thread.

Time is Money

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseety View Post
    Take your negative sh*t to another thread, Time. I just don't understand the tough guy behind the keyboard mentality. A lot of us enjoy vegas' picks, winning ways and positive thread.
    Been on this board a long time, anyone that knows me knows that my MO isn't to bash dudes. We're all trying to beat the book. When I ask a dude if he takes into account SOS, and he gives me some sarcastic ass answer "same old schtick, no I do my own thing and its worked over the years" then yeah i'm gonna take offense to that. SOS is basic cfb lingo and i was just simply asking a question about if the model accounts for the schedule strength when you're dumping stats into it.

vegasreaper

Been on this board a long time, anyone that knows me knows that my MO isn't to bash dudes. We're all trying to beat the book. When I ask a dude if he takes into account SOS, and he gives me some sarcastic ass answer "same old schtick, no I do my own thing and its worked over the years" then yeah i'm gonna take offense to that. SOS is basic cfb lingo and i was just simply asking a question about if the model accounts for the schedule strength when you're dumping stats into it.
    So is whip and Era but I don't use those either and neither do the books anymore. But I haven't for years and works fine. And how is I do my own thing sarcastic? Thought you were being negative saying it's a burial and same old shit. Just like trolls who pop in when you're having a tough time but don't say anything when you're doing good. Best of luck to you this year and always doing your own thing. And I DON'T know you so didn't know where you were coming from. I don't look into others threads looking for picks so if you weren't in mine I wouldn't know. But like I said and always say BOL this year and always
    Last edited by vegasreaper; 09-30-16 at 12:22 PM.

Time is Money

So is whip and Era but I don't use those either and neither do the books anymore. But I haven't for years and works fine. And how is I do my own thing sarcastic? Thought you were being negative saying it's a burial and same old shit. Just like trolls who pop in when you're having a tough time but don't say anything when you're doing good. Best of luck to you this year and always doing your own thing. And I DON'T know you so didn't know where you were coming from. I don't look into others threads looking for picks so if you weren't in mine I wouldn't know. But like I said and always say BOL this year and always
    Maybe I took it wrong, entirely possible. Thought you were offended by me questioning your system in a sense by asking if strength of schedule was accounted for and defensively saying look at my record it speaks for itself. Was just wondering if you factored it in, seems to me that's an important thing. If Houston hangs 400 passing yards on UCONN it certainly isn't the same as hanging 400 passing yards on Bama. Didn't know if your model weighed the stats depending on the competition. I've given props to you multiple times in this thread, you grind it out over the season and when you're making 20 plays a week you can turn down 8 games to being in the black on the year in one week.

mkracier
    mkracier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Have you ever considered consolidating your Sat plays to fewer teams with better research? I think the amount of plays you have makes your record worse because your best plays are usually successful.

Food for thought...

vegasreaper

Maybe I took it wrong, entirely possible. Thought you were offended by me questioning your system in a sense by asking if strength of schedule was accounted for and defensively saying look at my record it speaks for itself. Was just wondering if you factored it in, seems to me that's an important thing. If Houston hangs 400 passing yards on UCONN it certainly isn't the same as hanging 400 passing yards on Bama. Didn't know if your model weighed the stats depending on the competition. I've given props to you multiple times in this thread, you grind it out over the season and when you're making 20 plays a week you can turn down 8 games to being in the black on the year in one week.
    I definitely agree with you on that. I look at it I just don't figure it in my models. I try to find things that work that EVERYONE including bookmakers aren't using. I don't like to cherry pick my games maybe something I'll look at if doesn't turn around. Took your post as being negative Time Is Money, so I just ASSUMED you were insinuating "same old shit" my apologies

Ri¢h Bank$
    but U can call me Dick
    Ri¢h Bank$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Probably a little late. But do you know Navy's QB is out ?

Is it still a recommended play VR ?

Ri¢h Bank$
    but U can call me Dick

Also UNM - 11. Any feedback is greatly appreciated VR.

Good Luck to you as always!

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

BOL reaper don't sweat the trolls

people should take a look at Illinois st +15.5 vs ndsu
    All 3 ndsu games won on final play

Fwiw 2 others I'm on today Wisconsin +10 & Clemson ML

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22719

You'll get it back..Heads up
    Last edited by shopbar picks; 10-01-16 at 06:25 PM.

Sean Pratt
    Sean Pratt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Always a big fan of yours but off to another rough start today. Looks like 4-8 through 12 and lost your first parlay before 8pm. Just not your year man. Keep your chin up

vegasreaper

Well guys this has got to change. You all know me and I'm not giving up but need to try some new stuff and back test and see if I can find some workable stats and data. Don't know if i'll make it back for next week or the week after but Hell I'll probably be saving myself and everyone some money at least. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THOUGH ON YOUR WAGERS
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave vegasreaper 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vegasreaper

Well I am now at a horrrible 25-41-1(OUCH)!!!

104-TXTECH-28

106-HOUS-30
    107-TOL+3.5
    109-STAN+3
    111-BUFF+17.5

125-KST+3.5
    136-CHAR+8.5
    147-EMICH+2.5
    162-MICH-10
    169-NAVY+7.5
    172-SMISS-24
    174-COLST-6.5

177-TENN-3(PUSH)
    180-APPST-19
    184-CAL-2
    195-ARST+10
    207-ULL-4.5
    212-UNM-9

217-FRESST+10

Ri¢h Bank$
    but U can call me Dick

Well I am now at a horrrible 25-41-1(OUCH)!!!

104-TXTECH-28

106-HOUS-30
    107-TOL+3.5
    109-STAN+3
    111-BUFF+17.5

125-KST+3.5
    136-CHAR+8.5
    147-EMICH+2.5
    162-MICH-10
    169-NAVY+7.5
    172-SMISS-24
    174-COLST-6.5

177-TENN-3(PUSH)
    180-APPST-19
    184-CAL-2
    195-ARST+10
    207-ULL-4.5
    212-UNM-9

217-FRESST+10
    Hey VR have you been doing anything differently this year than you have in the previous 3 years ?

vegasreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Ri¢h Bank$ View Post
    Hey VR have you been doing anything differently this year than you have in the previous 3 years ?
    No, not at all stuff just isn't working

Ri¢h Bank$
    but U can call me Dick

Try not let it phase you then. I'm sure it's only temporary. One bad month, It happens to the best of us.

Your something like 389-287 before this year on this thread in CFB.

In my humble opinion, I think you should forget about the last month as best as u can.
    Put in the work, come back N fire hard next week
    and have one of those weeks YOU'RE KNOWN FOR !

I'm confident in your abilities, and still ridin with ya!
    Last edited by Ri¢h Bank$; 10-03-16 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Ri¢h Bank$ View Post
    Try not let it phase you then. I'm sure it's only temporary. One bad month, It happens to the best of us.

Your something like 389-287 before this year on this thread in CFB.

In my humble opinion, I think you should forget about the last month as best as u can.
    Put in the work, come back N fire hard next week
    and have one of those weeks YOU'RE KNOWN FOR !

I'm confident in your abilities, and still ridin with ya!
    I'm just going to ask--how the hell do you know he is "389-287", when you joined this forum 5 weeks ago?

vegasreaper

Quote Originally Posted by Electrons View Post
    I'm just going to ask--how the hell do you know he is "389-287", when you joined this forum 5 weeks ago?
    Probably just by going back and adding record. Just because someone just joined doesn't mean they can't read..just saying

Ri¢h Bank$
    but U can call me Dick

I think the answer is a question ? How do u not if your following this thread ?

In other words I'm a businessman who does his homework.

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Probably just by going back and adding record. Just because someone just joined doesn't mean they can't read..just saying
    Blindly following any one and betting their money on a stranger's picks on any forum..I would question whether they could actually read.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Blindly following any one and betting their money on a stranger's picks on any forum..I would question whether they could actually read.
    This is probably the first thread I followed on here when I joined. Might be a ghost but it could just as easily be someone that read the thread, as it is 3 years old.

edit - I wasn't really much active until I was like "wtf, these people give away vacations like candy?"

vegasreaper

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    This is probably the first thread I followed on here when I joined. Might be a ghost but it could just as easily be someone that read the thread, as it is 3 years old.

edit - I wasn't really much active until I was like "wtf, these people give away vacations like candy?"
    Hey reigle9 how you been doing this year my friend??

First ... 49505152535455 ... Last