North Texas -14.5

Tulsa +4

Wash -4

Utah -2.5

Ohio St. -36.5

Thoughts...?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think USC is going to be able to name the score against a bad Hawaii team. The public is all off of the USC bandwagon, but they have so much more talent than Hawaii even on there 2nd and 3rd units. Also USC has possibly the top tandem of receivers in the country, and Hawaii I believe is going to be starting two freshman in the backfield. I also do not know how Hawaii will even move the ball on USC as the talent level is so great between the two teams.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

SC hasn't named a QB and the back seven on defense are very young. Looks as if the public is pounding SC. Btw I'm an SC fan and don't have much confidence in Kiffin. I mean look at the talent SC had last year and see where that got them.

cougars16
    cougars16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I'm a huge FSU fan, so Im an ACC homer but the lock of week 1 is Georgia as long as it stays under -3. Gurley will shred that defense and everyone is hyping up boyd and Watkins but they lost Hopkins and ellington, who was the key to that offense since Boyd was the starter.

AdamL2424

I think GA wins but too much of a toss up in my humble opinion to gamble on

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I love Utah State to absolutely smoke Utah.

Utah State was 5 points away from being undefeated last year, losing 16-14 on a missed FG at Wisconsin, and 6-3 to BYU.

And, they have 14 starters back.

Chuckie Keeton is a great QB--he threw for 3400 yards, ran for another 600.

Utah has just 28 OL starts returning, which ranks 117th in 1A football. And, making it worse, they are ranked 118th in terms of returning lettermen/experience.

Utah State all the way.

AdamL2424

Gary Andersen isn't there anymore. I will take Whittingham over Matt Wells @ home @ night under a FG.

AdamL2424

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I think USC is going to be able to name the score against a bad Hawaii team. The public is all off of the USC bandwagon, but they have so much more talent than Hawaii even on there 2nd and 3rd units. Also USC has possibly the top tandem of receivers in the country, and Hawaii I believe is going to be starting two freshman in the backfield. I also do not know how Hawaii will even move the ball on USC as the talent level is so great between the two teams.
    Hawaii's QB should be very improved. They have Taylor Graham the transfer from Ohio St. He supposed to be the most talented they've had since Brennan. I by no means think they will win SU but I think it's like 35ish to 14-17.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

I think Lane Kiffin's seat is getting warmer and he knows this is a pivotal year for him. He can't afford to stumble against creampuffs like Hawaii and will no doubt be looking to put a pasting on an opponent that is decidedly outclassed. I guess there's always a chance for a backdoor cover, but Hawaii's offense was putrid last year and I can't envision any quantum leap forward in this short amount of time. I agree with the Utah St. pick also. I'm not even sure why Utah is favored other than the home field factor but that's a marginal advantage.

AdamL2424

Once again look at the tools he had at his disposal last year. Its not a talent issue because USC has the talent. Its more of a coaching problem and even more of a playcalling problem. Im a die hard USC fan but there is noway in hell I would feel confident in taking them. How can you take a Utah St. team with a new head coach and on the road against a rival in an opening NIGHT game?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Utah State was a one time wonder last season playing in a very soft WAC conference. They lost their HC. I would not touch them this season. USC is going to play a lot of players against Hawaii once Kiffin has the game put away. They are thin, and cannot afford to lose any starters in a nothing game like this. Kiffin will also take a serious look at his three QB's. Pass. I like Boise State to defeat UDub outright. UDub is the team that defeated Stanford, but lost to USC at home and to Washington State. Udub is too flakey for my tastes.

AdamL2424

Browne will be redshirted for USC. It's between Kessler and Wittek right now and as of yesterday Kessler seems to be ahead going of fall camp stats. Word out of LA is that Kiffin favors Wittek and this is the reason he hasn't named a QB yet. If he names Wittek the starter they very well could be auto fade material.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I like Boise State to defeat UDub outright. UDub is the team that defeated Stanford, but lost to USC at home and to Washington State. Udub is too flakey for my tastes.
    Thats quite the prediction. Opening night...Back in their newly remodeled stadium--250 million dollar renovation. Sold out game--over 70000 fans will be on hand. This is a team that had a 18 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost on the road to Washington state and only lost by 2 points to Boise last year in the Las Vegas bowl. Two wins over top ten opponents last year (Stanford and Oregon State)....They should have finished out 9-4.
    The Huskies are returning 18 starters, have a healthy O line (Last year they had a ridiculous number of injuries on both the O line and D line as a result 8 O line players have significant playing experience), Sankey is back (rushed for over 1400 yards last year) and a returning senior qb--I really dont see how Boise State can pull off the win here but good luck.
    Last edited by Pickem2win; 08-20-13 at 10:14 PM.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Thats quite the prediction. Opening night...Back in their newly remodeled stadium--250 million dollar renovation. Sold out game--over 70000 fans will be on hand. This is a team that had a 18 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost on the road to Washington state and only lost by 2 points to Boise last year in the Las Vegas bowl. Two wins over top ten opponents last year (Stanford and Oregon State)....They should have finished out 9-4.
    The Huskies are returning 18 starters, have a healthy O line (Last year they had a ridiculous number of injuries on both the O line and D line as a result 8 O line players have significant playing experience), Sankey is back (rushed for over 1400 yards last year) and a returning senior qb--I really dont see how Boise State can pull off the win here but good luck.
    Do you know if Austin Sefarian Jenkins is a go for the Boise St. game? I can't remember where I read it, but something about his status was up in the air (suspension possibly).

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Do you know if Austin Sefarian Jenkins is a go for the Boise St. game? I can't remember where I read it, but something about his status was up in the air (suspension possibly).
    Unknown. He broke his pinky and had surgery to repair--his hand is now in a cast but he is back at practice (obviously not catching any balls). It hasnt been announced but I would imagine he wont play. They have a bye the following week and he was probably going to be suspended for the one game due to the dui anyways.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Like North Texas by Two TD's a lot.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Like North Texas by Two TD's a lot.
    I like your mom by two STD's....a lot.

Death Valley
    Death Valley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree 100 percent here on USC.I see a 45-14 game.
    Last edited by Death Valley; 08-23-13 at 07:52 AM.

AdamL2424

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I like your mom by two STD's....a lot.
    Gottem!!! Hahaha that was hilarious

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Washington has a lot going for it, but this team just cannot get it done. Their loss to Wazzu was terrible. This season I think this team could lose 4 games on the road. Stanford, Arizona State. UCLA and Oregon State. Their combined S/U record against those 4 teams in the past 5 years is 4-12. A loss to Oregon is all but assured, since the last time Udub defeated Oregon was back in 2003. They have Boise State and Arizona at home on top of all of this. This team will end up 7-5 or something like that again, and that is simply not good enough. "Should have" does not count. This team is an under-achiever under Sark.