John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

2012 NCAA Football with John Ryan

This is where we will continue the largely popular 2011 CFB thread with yours truly, John Ryan.

Contribute positively and provide your thoughts and betting ideas on College Football. This thread and the NFL thread were popular because of the exchange of meaningful intelligent facts and opinions. Best of Luck to all of us.

John Ryan

10* BYU -11 1/2
    5* Idaho -5 1/2

research on the site.
    Last edited by John Ryan; 08-30-12 at 04:36 PM.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Another Capper on BYU....you guys are nuts.....this is BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY.....No TALENTED ATHLETE would ever want to subject themselves to such rediculous school beliefs/sanctions/regulations.....unless they were already a MORMON......

they have a much more limited talent pool to select from then even teams like WSU.....

just trying to warn any possible tailers....

CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Only one play for me tonight John...With you on BYU -11 and hoping people keep chasing the moneyline down to go big on as well. GL I hope you have another great season with NCAAF

drew2
    drew2's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck John

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    Another Capper on BYU....you guys are nuts.....this is BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY.....No TALENTED ATHLETE would ever want to subject themselves to such rediculous school beliefs/sanctions/regulations.....unless they were already a MORMON......

they have a much more limited talent pool to select from then even teams like WSU.....

just trying to warn any possible tailers....
    Well, I am not one to add those personal character criteria to my handicapping, but quite frankly, they have had soe of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game and if I remember correctly some tough guy macho man named Jim McMahon played for the Bears and won the Super Bowl. So, I will easily take a kid, who I know is not going to be drunk in a night club at 2 AM versus a disciplined kid that is focused on performing at their best possible level. I am not saying that any team has players, who violate or get away with team rules violations, BUT..
    Last edited by John Ryan; 08-30-12 at 07:29 PM.

John Ryan

I like the +4 -110 line for the second half taking Vandy.

I believe that with the injury to the SC quarterback Vandy will be able to load the box with eight or nine defensive players to stop Latimore, who had 66 rushing yards in the first half. Stopping him will give them the best shot at winning this game outright.

For the record, I will grade this as a 3* second half graded play.

CapperGuy

Tailed you on that one big time John! +4 seems like a steal considering conner shaw is injured and their offense is challeneged with their backup qb. Jordan Rogers needs to make smart decisions and not force the ball, if so then they should cover second half spread with ease

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by CapperGuy View Post
    Tailed you on that one big time John! +4 seems like a steal considering conner shaw is injured and their offense is challeneged with their backup qb. Jordan Rogers needs to make smart decisions and not force the ball, if so then they should cover second half spread with ease
    So far so good,, sometimes 'logic' brings loss, but at least we are in a situation where SC needs two scores with one of them a TD. Even though Vandy FG kicker made that 44 yarder easily, I am concerned with fourth quarter attempts.

John Ryan

I thin this possession for SC after the missed FG is huge for the outcome of the game. In my 18-years of handicapping sports (football) a missed field goal nearly always seems to lead to a momentum change for the opponent scoring points. Let's hope it fails this time. I can't believe that Spurrier has not even tried play action yet.

CapperGuy

I'm not worried, we are still at a manageable situation. Probably a push at worst with this TD Gamecocks just got.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24834

Great! John, good to see you capping football. Plan to chase you all season.

Smutbucket

nice call on byu....I was wrong about leach being able to put together the offense well.....dudes a drunk....calling retarded run plays....

John Ryan

5* play on Boise State + 7 1/2 -110 Friday Night.

This could prsent an opportunity to play the second half line as well.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    5* play on Boise State + 7 1/2 -110 Friday Night.

This could prsent an opportunity to play the second half line as well.
    Boise... Nice selection John. Got to say NCAA football seems to have been created for you.

johno35
    johno35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anything for today John?

John Ryan

10* Hawaii +42 1/2 just do not see a reason for SC to blow these guys out. It is far more important to rest the starters (prevent injury) , especially on the defensive front once SC gets a comfortable lead.

5* Michigan +14 -110 .. also a 1* amount on the money line +435. Michigan has what it takes to win this game. Now, they need to go out an execute a perfect first half. A lot to ask on the road, but we are getting paid better than 4;1 odds for that risk. More than enough.

what is everyone else thinking today. Glad to see ND winning big even though I am not a fan. Maybe now the media will get off their backs a bit and allow these kids to play a game they love.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

any thought on the Geo bulldogs will they cover

stone cold locks
    stone cold locks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

John, You've been awfully quiet today. I was waiting around on morning for your plays. I followed you the end of last year in NFL. I started a thread this year, feel free to post your comments there. BOL I will be riding your shirt tails on NFL again.

johno35

Nice cover with Hawaii John, shame Michigan couldn't get going

John Ryan

Yesterday was a big family day. sweet 16 birthday for the daughter.. That is the only reason I was not threading away here.

For Sunday, I like Louisville over Kentucky -13 1/2 -105 (Five Dimes)

5* graded play on the Louisville Cardinal as they take on the Kentucky Wildcat for state bragging rights set to start at 3:30 PM ET. The simulator shows a high probability that Louisville will win this game by 15 or more points. Louisville defense will contain Kentucky to less than 21 points in this contest. In past games this is not good news for Kentucky as they are just 11-24 ATS since 1992 when scoring 14 to 21 points in a game. Louisville returns seven starters including their quarterback and this experienced unit will be going up against a highly suspect Kentucky defensive unit that lost seven starters from last year’s unit. The key is that Louisville has returned eight starters from last year’s unit and this well seasoned group of defenders will be able to dominate the LOS. Kentucky had the fourth worst scoring offense at 15.8 PPG in the FBS last season and their defense did not stop or even contain any of the SEC teams. I strongly believe Louisville gets out ot a fast start using play action pass routes and getting isolated coverage situations on the perimeter of the Kentucky defense leading to big gains. Take Louisville.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by johno35 View Post
    Nice cover with Hawaii John, shame Michigan couldn't get going
    Thanks ...

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

gl sir

johno35

Good stuff John, keep it up!

John Ryan

so far, so good.

10* plays are 2-0 ATS
    5* plays are an even 2-2 ATS

3* second half plays 0-0-1 ATS. (pushed +4 with Vanderbilt)

What er you all seeing in early reviews of this week's games.

I did a video with Peter Loshak today on Thursday's Cincinnati/Pitt game... Cincy just 3 1/2 favorite.. is this a trap?

Smutbucket

Wouldnt go far as saying its a trap, because us idiots could only guess at what the genious minds of vegas are really thinking....I would go far enough to say this is a no bet game, too many intangibles....pitts returning starters, and cinn's first game...atleast I dont see a solid edge

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    so far, so good.

10* plays are 2-0 ATS
    5* plays are an even 2-2 ATS

3* second half plays 0-0-1 ATS. (pushed +4 with Vanderbilt)

What er you all seeing in early reviews of this week's games.

I did a video with Peter Loshak today on Thursday's Cincinnati/Pitt game... Cincy just 3 1/2 favorite.. is this a trap?
    I see Pitt as the pick down to +3.

As for other picks this week:
    - Utah St. +7.5 Utah has won the last 12 games and 20 out of 22. The Aggies are due and are playing at home this year. (Reverse logic?). Besides, the PRICK picked them.

- TX A&M -1.5 Florida struggled albeit against what some may call a "good" Bowling Green but, again I go with the Aggies.

Any other teams with Aggie nickname? I'd likely bet on them this week.
    Last edited by Tanko; 09-04-12 at 08:48 PM.

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Loving UCF +18 at Ohio State

UCF had terrible luck last season and has 16 returning starters.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by VolinArizona View Post
    Loving UCF +18 at Ohio State

UCF had terrible luck last season and has 16 returning starters.
    I agree 100% and I wrote a complete article about the game today.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    I see Pitt as the pick down to +3.

As for other picks this week:
    - Utah St. +7.5 Utah has won the last 12 games and 20 out of 22. The Aggies are due and are playing at home this year. (Reverse logic?). Besides, the PRICK picked them.

- TX A&M -1.5 Florida struggled albeit against what some may call a "good" Bowling Green but, again I go with the Aggies.

Any other teams with Aggie nickname? I'd likely bet on them this week.
    well, the Prick can get hot at times too... BUT I like your plays.. I don't agree with your Pitt pick though.. Can't back a team getting throttled by Youngstown State even if it did have to do with suspensions. Suspensions means that the players are not buying into the new coach's methods.

John Ryan

I have nothing for tonight's game. If anything I will lean a bit on Pittsburgh plus the points.. only because the public is betting the daylights out of the Bearcats... Pitt gets all their players back and should be in very bad mood after losing to Youngstown State outright..

tough one to play in my opinion.

I had mentioned a lean on Cincy in the video with Peter filmed Monday, but upon further review I will stand aside on this one.

Dallas was a big winner last night on the NFL thread.

John Ryan

Saturday's Card:

5* Virginia -10 -110

5* U of Central Florida +17 1/2 -110

5* Washington +23 1/2 -110

10* Georgia - 1 1/2 -110

20* Arizona +11 1/2 -110

5* UMASS +14 -110

10* Western Kentucky +38 1/2 -110

All research is on the site. Appreciate all thoughts from you. Your ideas. do you like/ dislike and why? what is your pick fo the day?

kneighfe
    kneighfe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Here is how you're doing so far. Please keep it up so we will continue to rake in more cash.
    Name:  John Ryan CFB.jpg
Views: 3056
Size:  33.1 KB

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

Stay hot!!! How did you do last year? Just found his thread.

johno35

Is anyone on WSU today?

1234 ... Last