ThousandBayer
    ThousandBayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

DC and the over (Parlay) ... + Rumble to win in round 1

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

This down time is a drag ..

This event should be a go this weekend... I hate when there is this much time between events..

Errrrr!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Weidman gets finished again.. Moose has gotten 3 straight KO wins. He's on a roll right now..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gegard-Mousasi-7466

Got my eye on these 2 props as I begin to cap this event..

1105 Mousasi wins inside distance +260

1129 Mousasi wins by TKO/KO +360

Weidman has taken a beating lately.. Hard to rebound from those kinda beat downs. The mental confidence of invincibility and swag is not easy to get back when you suffer 2 bad losses in a row like Chris has.. Doubt creeps in... He got pounded on and broken by Luke then again with Romero.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Weidman-42804

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-29-17 at 12:45 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I know....Bellator this weekend to get by LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

This event should be a go this weekend... I hate when there is this much time between events..

Errrrr!!!

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I think Weidman gets finished again.. Moose has gotten 3 straight KO wins. He's on a roll right now..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gegard-Mousasi-7466

Got my eye on these 2 props as I begin to cap this event..

1105 Mousasi wins inside distance +260

1129 Mousasi wins by TKO/KO +360

Weidman has taken a beating lately.. Hard to rebound from those kinda beat downs. The mental confidence of invincibility and swag is not easy to get back when you suffer 2 bad losses in a row like Chris has.. Doubt creeps in... He got pounded on and broken by Luke then again with Romero.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Weidman-42804

Yup. I'd be surprised if Mousasi submits Weidman, who actually has underrated BJJ imo, but I have a full unit on Mousasi KO/TKO at (+465)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Yup. I'd be surprised if Mousasi submits Weidman, who actually has underrated BJJ imo, but I have a full unit on Mousasi KO/TKO at (+465)
    Well the submission could possibly come if Weidman gets really beat up and or rocked standing then goes to the ground and gets mounted like in the fight with Luke Rockhold. Moose might show mercy and go for a choke and Chris might give up the neck this go around looking for a way out.

That's my only concern, so I'll probably play it a little more conservative just in case and go with the ITD prop myself...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's getting painful to watch the UFC TONIGHT show.. I don't wanna sound like a dick but come on man!!! That chick Karyn Bryant is getting fat, old and ugly, can we please get a chick on the panel that is easy on the eyes...

She use to be hot and I would, even Rampage was rubbing up against her years ago.. Time caught up with her though as it does for most.. I think it's time for her to retire.. She's thick down low and her arms are fat and saggy. She wears sleeveless shirts too which is a mistake.. She clearly doesn't take care of herself..

I tune in and wanna see a hottie and is that to much too ask??? These are really good pictures of her below. Watching the UFC TONIGHT show now and she's a mess, wide load....

Back in the day she was hot though....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-30-17 at 12:21 AM.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Hot women only, please

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

The other hot women don't have the level of expertise as she does.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    The other hot women don't have the level of expertise as she does.
    Perhaps, but Mesha Tate or someone else who fought could get the job done as well and look better doing it... She just helps keep the panel flowing from subject to subject..I don't know what other expertise she has?.. I can't remember her ever breaking down fighter styles and match ups...

What ever, just so bored I went on a Karyn Bryant rant waiting for the card to happen .. Bellator in a few.....

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Insert meisha Tate's ass

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Insert meisha Tate's ass
    She does have some nice junk in the trunk....

Points Awarded:

firekillex gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

she has a great set of for a mma fighter as well, sometimes i dont love her face but shes super cool and sexy imo
    also think she would be wild in bed for some reason..... pound for pound hottest girl in mma for me

other then gina in her prime she was a dime piece as well

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Weidman has taken a beating lately.. Hard to rebound from those kinda beat downs. The mental confidence of invincibility and swag is not easy to get back when you suffer 2 bad losses in a row like Chris has.. Doubt creeps in... He got pounded on and broken by Luke then again with Romero..
    But... remember when Weidman's dad grabbed the mic from Rogan right after the Rockhold fight and yelled "HE'S STILL MY SON!!!"? That has to count for something, right?
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    But... remember when Weidman's dad grabbed the mic from Rogan right after the Rockhold fight and yelled "HE'S STILL MY SON!!!"? That has to count for something, right?
    It counts for another big pay day in the UFC after another beat down from Gegard... He's got a wife and kids to support and feed, it's all about getting paid now for CW if I had to guess.. He can still lose this fight and stay in the UFC..

It's the next fight after this Weidman will certainly have to win... He'll be a stepping stone for other up and coming fighters at some point.. Although Dana White might give him an easy winnable fight next go around.. Yet to be seen?.. Dana White does hang out with Matt Serra and they all have the Jersey thing going..

Chris Weidman is 32 years old now, Moose 31.. Yet Moose has 3 times as many fights under his resume..

I'm going with the younger guy with 3x as many fights...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gegard-Mousasi-7466

All this talk about Chris Weidman being hungry, training his ass off constantly, really wants this win, etc.. is all hogwash. Chris get drops again..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-31-17 at 12:30 AM.

firekillex

current top 10 mousasi has beaten in the ufc = nobody
    and a 1 year age difference at 31/32 is about as irrelevent as saying what hair style they will sport during the fight lol
    mma typically people with 40-50 + fights are bound to strongly decline over a guy with only 15 fights because theyre steadily still improving and havent taken all the damage and camp wars that the 45+ fights the vet has

close fight and mousasi is on a roll but against weak competition , every person hes beat on his streak , weidman would easily starch imo... hes been tested against 2 top notch 185ers in Machida and Jacare and lost both times, Weidman will be his 3rd elite 185er lets see if he passes this test, Weidman isnt no bum whatsoever he was very close to getting a decision over Yoel until he got caught by a flying knee , he beat the greatest of all time argubabely , beat maia basically at 50%, beat machida with momentum and he beat vitor coming off a few huge wins... guys a momentum killer and hes showed it multiple times, he has the style benefit here, mousasi has struggled with big wrestlers and Weidman is a huge 185er with elite wrestling , especially in a 3 rounder itll be a big advantage for him

weidman +115 easy work , i lean him 60/40 this fight , would be even more but the latest injuries make it not a huge bet

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^ Mousasi has looked really good in his last 2 fights, against Vitor he walked him down and put him away in dominate fashion.. Then got revenge against Hall in round 1 in his last fight.. I like what I've been seeing from Mousasi, can't say the same for Chris Weidman...

I think Mousasi is the better and more technical striker, will out box and pepper Chris standing.. I'm not convinced Weidman can take Moose down at will and hold him there either... Maybe Chris can win the first round with ground control but as the fight continues I think it will favor Moose..

I'm kinda thinking Chris might be washed up and a broken fighter now.. Just my opinion though and I could be wrong.. We'll see in a week????

Mousasi is tough standing and has the boxing edge...

Hard to hit

firekillex

Mousasi definitely a better technical striker but weidman will have a big wrestling advantage imo
    thats why 3 rounds is key because he could wrestle/ grind him for 2 rounds..
    mousasi could be the better all around mixed martial artist but the bigger wrestler can neutralize that

still a tough fight with 2 elite guys , but I can't agree weidman is washed up .. losing to imo the best 185er on the planet in rockhold then making a mistake and getting caught against Yoel Romero is part of the game , he shot the wrong leg and went from a possible decision win to getting kod .. just like how mousasi got kod by Hall you make one wrong step you could be finished in MMA

RussianMike
    RussianMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Yup. For Cormier backers I think Over 1.5 (-140) is a much better spot than Cormier ML (-110).

Actually what I meant was I'm firing two parlays at it with DC ML and the over, and Johnson ML and the Under.
    Don't see Johnson staying patient enough to go long, like the last fight, But damn if his dogs won't hunt any given fighter in Round 1 on any given night.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Actually what I meant was I'm firing two parlays at it with DC ML and the over, and Johnson ML and the Under.
    Don't see Johnson staying patient enough to go long, like the last fight, But damn if his dogs won't hunt any given fighter in Round 1 on any given night.
    Makes sense to me. Most online books don't let you parlay totals and fighter moneylines though.

RussianMike

Makes sense to me. Most online books don't let you parlay totals and fighter moneylines though.
    In Vegas. William Hill

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Errrrr!!!
    we have another 3 week break coming up too

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

- How do you all feel about the Cynthia Cavillo fight? Her by KO/TKO/DQ (+187) and decision (+150)? Round 1 (+450), Round 2 (+650), Round 3 (+1200). Admittedly, I know NOTHING about "Pearl Gonzalez" but Cavillo fighting against a few weeks later, I have a feeling they're working to build her up. AND I also believe this line will close around -400. Thoughts, anyone...?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

weidman will beat moose. it was a mistake to call out a hurt fighter.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    - How do you all feel about the Cynthia Cavillo fight? Her by KO/TKO/DQ (+187) and decision (+150)? Round 1 (+450), Round 2 (+650), Round 3 (+1200). Admittedly, I know NOTHING about "Pearl Gonzalez" but Cavillo fighting against a few weeks later, I have a feeling they're working to build her up. AND I also believe this line will close around -400. Thoughts, anyone...?
    I like Calvillo's grappling a lot. She is a great scrambler and a decent finisher. Her striking and offensive wrestling need work and she it pretty green still. I'm hesitant to lay big favorite odds because of those concerns. I'll be looking at Calvillo ITD, Calvillo Submission or the Under 2.5 as possible plays here.

Hugo de Naranja

Watching a bit more tape on Gonzalez and she looks to be better than Amanda Cooper. I would recommend not laying the odds on Calvillo.

RussianMike

I like Calvillo's grappling a lot. She is a great scrambler and a decent finisher. Her striking and offensive wrestling need work and she it pretty green still. I'm hesitant to lay big favorite odds because of those concerns. I'll be looking at Calvillo ITD, Calvillo Submission or the Under 2.5 as possible plays here.
    I think thats a mistake. Cavillo striking looks suspect at best, and forces the grapple game on opponents. Pearl might be a smidge better standing, but that ainn't saying much. Pearl appears much stronger physically, and rolls better on the ground. Think her strength will neutralize Cavillo wrestling, and has good chance of submitting her if she ends up on bottom.

RussianMike

Watching a bit more tape on Gonzalez and she looks to be better than Amanda Cooper. I would recommend not laying the odds on Calvillo.
    Watched same fight, and other than the fact that Pearl won, can't possibly see how she was better than Cooper in any single aspect of the fight game. What did I miss?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

UFC 210 - 5 rounds Light Heavyweight Championship - KeyBank Center - Buffalo, New York - PPV
    Sat 4/8 1001 Anthony Johnson -125 o1½ -150
    11:59PM 1002 Daniel Cormier +105 u1½ +130

Given this DC/Rumble fight more thought.. It's just glaring that Rumble will quit and lose when he gasses out if he doesn't knock out DC early on.. He's good for 2 rounds maybe 3 that's it even if he paces himself....

DC has the better gas tank, he's the better wrestler.. I see this fight going no different the first fight a year and half ago, unless Rumble really connects early on with something big....

I do think Rumble does have a chance early to KO DC with that being said.. Can't rule that out, maybe Rumble tries to pace himself but I don't think that's in his DNA.. I think he tries to knock off DC's head again..

So I think I'm playing DC ITD and hedging Rumble round 1 finish.. Got my eye on those 2 props...

1009 Cormier wins inside distance +134

hedged

1015 Johnson wins in round 1 +270

I think the fight not going the distance is money as well.. Wish the odds were better.. No way Rumble lasts 5 rounds.. DC will pound him out on the ground before the final bell if it lasts... Thinking it doesn't get past the 3rd round actually...

1004 Fight won’t go 5 round distance -495

1054 Fight won’t start round 4 -241
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-04-17 at 01:11 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by RussianMike View Post
    Watched same fight, and other than the fact that Pearl won, can't possibly see how she was better than Cooper in any single aspect of the fight game. What did I miss?
    Which Gonzalez fights did you watch?

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    weidman will beat moose. it was a mistake to call out a hurt fighter.
    Let's go Weidman.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MMA Mania prelims PART 1 -

155 lbs.: Gregor Gillespie vs. Andrew Holbrook

A highly touted wrestling standout, Gregor Gillespie (8-0) took a sizable step up in his UFC debut opposite The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): “Brazil” 4 winner Glaico Franca. Despite this, he managed to overpower the Brazilian in hostile territory and take home a unanimous decision.
    He will give up two inches of height to the 5’11” Andrew Holbrook (12-1).
    Holbrook got off to a bumpy start in the world’s largest MMA promotion, controversially edging Ramsey Nijem before suffering a 34-second knockout loss to Joaquim Silva. Undaunted, he defied four-to-one odds to win a decision over Australia’s Jake Matthews in Melbourne.
    Nine of his 10 stoppage wins have come by submission.
    I honestly believed Gillespie was in over his head against Franca, but he pulled out a good win against a very capable Brazilian jiu-jitsu artist. Though Holbrook lacks Franca’s cardio issues, his relative lack of physicality may cost him dearly.
    Gillespie goes to the ground where and how he decides to; as good as Holbrook’s scrambling is, it likely isn’t enough to either bring Gillespie down or keep him there should “The Gift” elect not to engage. Expect Gillespie to control the temp on his way to a decision win.
    Prediction: Gillespie via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Josh Emmett vs. Des Green

Josh Emmett (11-0), a regional champion, turned heads in his debut when he out-dueled veteran Jon Tuck, surviving a gruesome finger injury to do so. Seven months later, he faced another stiff test in Scott Holtzman and passed with a unanimous decision.
    Three of his five stoppage wins have come by knockout, including one over UFC veteran Christos Giagos.
    Though he fell short against Daniel Weichel in a Bellator tournament final, Des Green (19-5) proved his mettle by winning the Titan FC Featherweight title two fights later. He lost the title to Kurt Holobaugh and dropped a decision to Andre Harrison in his next title challenge, but enters UFC having won four straight.
    He stands two inches taller than Emmett at 5’10.”
    This is another of those frustrating fights that boil down to takedown offense vs. takedown defense. Though Green isn’t a slouch on the feet, he is a wrestler first and foremost, not quite savvy enough to handle Emmett’s high-speed boxing offense. By the same token, Emmett won’t be a factor off of his back should Green put him there.
    My gut says Emmett. Team Alpha Male tends to produce elite takedown defense and Green can be overpowered if he can’t get comfortable in top position. Green faded badly in his last bout and Emmett presents the same sort of scrambling prowess that drained him. Emmett steadily takes over, landing enough power punches to take the decision.
    Prediction: Emmett via unanimous decision

135 lbs.: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Irene Aldana

Katlyn Chookagian (8-1), the CFFC Flyweight and Bantamweight champion, followed up a 45-second knockout of Stephanie Bragayrac with an upset decision over Lauren Murphy in her Octagon debut.
    Two of her three professional finishes have come in the first round.
    Irene Aldana’s (7-3) seven first-round finishes carried her into her Octagon debut against Leslie Smith as a sizable favorite, the third-largest on the UFC on FOX 22 card. Despite the hype, she struggled with her opponent’s pressure and power en route to a unanimous decision loss.
    Five of those seven stoppages have come by knockout.
    I’ve still got high hopes for Aldana’s future — she packs serious power for the division and, when given room to operate, can put together some downright scary combinations. Chookagian is effective and well-rounded, but I’m not sure she can handle the firepower discrepancy.
    Though Aldana’s ground game and issues with pressure fighters remain cause for concern, Chookagian simply isn’t well-equipped to exploit those difficulties. Aldana overpowers her on the feet for an early finish.
    Prediction: Aldana via first-round technical knockout

125 lbs.: Jenel Lausa vs. Magomed Bibulatov

Jenel Lausa (7-2), a former professional boxer who amassed an undefeated (7-0) record in his native Philippines, picked up the PXF Flyweight title to cap off a four-fight win streak and earn a crack in UFC. He debuted in Dec. 2016, out-slugging Zhikui Yao to take home a unanimous decision Melbourne.
    “Demolition Man” has knocked out and submitted two opponents apiece.
    After cutting his teeth in Europe, Magomed Bibulatov (13-0) dominated Donavon Frelow in his WSOF debut to win the promotion’s vacant flyweight title. He promptly dropped it and returned to Russia, where he dispatched three more opponents in 2016. He owns wins over UFC veteran Taylor Lapilus, TUF: “Brazil” 4 competitor Giovanni “Soldado,” and current Akhmat Fight Show Bantamweight Champion Said Nurmagomedov.
    I’m pulling for Lausa, but this is Bibulatov’s fight to lose. Though Lausa’s overall wrestling game is better than one would expect out of a converted boxer, Bibulatov’s world-class takedown ability far outstrips the Filipino’s ability to handle it. Bibulatov is also no slouch on the feet, packing solid hands and an impressive kicking arsenal.
    Bibulatov has all the tools to be an elite Flyweight — if he’s given the opportunities to get there, he could easily fight Demetrious Johnson by the middle of next year. He dominates Lausa with relentless takedowns, eventually locking up a submission.
    Prediction: Bibulatov via second-round submission

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Love D.C. and Weidman here. Think they both win.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

What's the deal with Myles Jury being -400? He's on almost a year and a half long layoff, and he looked terrible in his first fight at featherweight. Looked weak. De La Torre might not be as skilled as Jury but he is very tough, and has shown more than once that he is in shape and ready to fight at 145. If Jury comes in weak and slow from the weight cut again, De La Torre fights the kind of fight that could grind Jury away.

Anyone know why Jury is on such a long layoff? Injury? In any case, value here is on De La Torre by far IMO.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    What's the deal with Myles Jury being -400? He's on almost a year and a half long layoff, and he looked terrible in his first fight at featherweight. Looked weak. De La Torre might not be as skilled as Jury but he is very tough, and has shown more than once that he is in shape and ready to fight at 145. If Jury comes in weak and slow from the weight cut again, De La Torre fights the kind of fight that could grind Jury away.

Anyone know why Jury is on such a long layoff? Injury? In any case, value here is on De La Torre by far IMO.
    Odds seem maybe a bit high, but Jury should take this.. He's been in with some tougher guys then De La Torre.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Myles-Jury-34236

I'll be taking Jury ITD myself.....

1509 Jury wins inside distance +100

First 12345 ... Last