Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Attending an event - where to sit?

Never been to a big event like the UFC, only regional circuit.

Now I'd imagine it won't be worth going but I figure I just knock it off my list while I can. Looking at UFC 210 as not many events come within a decent drive.

Some seats have to suck for UFC events. I'm not spending 500 a ticket. But I am not sitting in the 300s. Are the long ends way too far away? Do you have to be square on for any seat to be decent? How close do I have to be to actually see/watch?

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Been to about 5 UFCs and a few Bellators. Based off my experience people that buy the top/nose bleeds tend to really have bad angles (cage is obviously small and the obstructed octagon posts) some actually just watch from the big screen, might as well stream the PPV or watch at a bar if you're going that route. The 300 seats honestly isn't really worth that price unless you're in the first few rows just above the floor seats. If you score cheap tickets I'd say it will be half empty during the prelims and fans start to trickle in halfway prior to the main cards so you might be able to sit close until the seats are claimed.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

depends the arena and layout

ive been cageside and in the 100s just above.. i actually enjoyed the 100s more because you could look down on the cage and get a much better view.... when youre cageside the fence actually blocks some of the view , sure you could get solid 100s for $100-250 easily when i went to the ACC typically one of the most expensive arenas i got 100s for $180 and the view was perfect

definitely wouldnt do the top seats of the arena probably be garbage ... just get something thatll have a nice angle above the cage basically and youll be good

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

When UFC came to San Diego, when we entered the gate, they actually were giving all nose bleed fans free upgrades because of the low ticket sales and they wanted the arena/event look somewhat populated. I agree, it does depend on the city/venue/capacity.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

DO NOT BUY FLOOR LOL.....its a complete hustle....get "upper Bowl" if its that type of arena OR pay the $ and GET CLOSE!!!.....80% of the crowd watches the fight on the screen.....you are watching looking past people and a cage...not easy to see...

PaperTrail07

Nailed it right there.....iw as essentially cageside at an event early on until the corporate ticket handout MF's showed late..
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Been to about 5 UFCs and a few Bellators. Based off my experience people that buy the top/nose bleeds tend to really have bad angles (cage is obviously small and the obstructed octagon posts) some actually just watch from the big screen, might as well stream the PPV or watch at a bar if you're going that route. The 300 seats honestly isn't really worth that price unless you're in the first few rows just above the floor seats. If you score cheap tickets I'd say it will be half empty during the prelims and fans start to trickle in halfway prior to the main cards so you might be able to sit close until the seats are claimed.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    DO NOT BUY FLOOR LOL.....its a complete hustle....get "upper Bowl" if its that type of arena OR pay the $ and GET CLOSE!!!.....80% of the crowd watches the fight on the screen.....you are watching looking past people and a cage...not easy to see...
    I'm looking at the Buffalo card next week. Not a lot of cards have been within a nice little drive of me, so since I have never been to a UFC and it is finally coming in range of an easy trip, I figure I go. So it is more the idea of being at one for the sake of it.

I'm assuming anything I do I will feel it wasn't worth it. I understand most people watch on the screen.

We are looking at 80 bucks for the worst 300 seats. 150-200 for the 200s. 450 and up for good 100s seats. 150-200 for the long ends or corners in the 100s. And then just the floor seats which I don't care to sit in.

So what I am getting here it unless you pay for floor or straight on 100s you are going to watch the screen anyway?

PaperTrail07

What a card you get too see.....Strickland Usman to start some madness---My GOD LOL...
    No, you watch the fight....but if it goes to the ground....yes the screen is all you watch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I'm looking at the Buffalo card next week. Not a lot of cards have been within a nice little drive of me, so since I have never been to a UFC and it is finally coming in range of an easy trip, I figure I go. So it is more the idea of being at one for the sake of it.

I'm assuming anything I do I will feel it wasn't worth it. I understand most people watch on the screen.

We are looking at 80 bucks for the worst 300 seats. 150-200 for the 200s. 450 and up for good 100s seats. 150-200 for the long ends or corners in the 100s. And then just the floor seats which I don't care to sit in.

So what I am getting here it unless you pay for floor or straight on 100s you are going to watch the screen anyway?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post

id say get the 200 seats for 150-200 youll probably have a solid view... a lot of sites have pictures/seat views as well
    even check online for people selling cheap tickets that cant go you can always get a solid deal... most sites like seatgeek, ticketmaster, stubhub make the prices 2x the actual price

buffalo card should be cool though the main card is solid , but ya watching the ground game you switch between the big screen and watching because you wanna see the techniques and whats going on, the stand up you can just watch the octagon and see everything imo