THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 (March 04, 2017)

UFC PPV 10:00 pm ET
    Tyron Woodley vs Stephen Thompson (for welterweight title)
    Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov (for interim lightweight title)
    Rashad Evans vs Daniel Kelly
    Lando Vannata vs David Teymur
    Alistar Oveereem vs Mark Hunt

Fox Sports 1, 08:00 pm ET
    Daniel Spitz vs Mark Godbeer
    Marcin Tybura vs Luis Henrique
    Darren Elkins vs Mirsad Bektic
    Luke Sanders vs Iuri Alcantara

UFC Fight Pass 06:30 pm ET
    Paul Graig vs Tyson Pedro

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 02-20-17 at 09:28 PM.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 8 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Ferg
    Woodley
    Overeem
    Rashad

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Big Ferg
    Woodley
    Overeem
    Rashad
    I'm with you on the first 2. Overeem gets KOed for the 11th time in his career and Rashad hangs 'em up

Hugo de Naranja

This is pretty lean for a PPV card. Only 10 fights

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm with you on the first 2. Overeem gets KOed for the 11th time in his career and Rashad hangs 'em up
    wont be betting alistair vs hunt fight way to sketchy for me... but overeem is who id predict to win
    if i bet that fight itll be props ( hunt ko, overeem decision ) gotta see the value

and we all know the rashad vs kelly bet we got so i got suga you got old bum lolll

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

you guys are seriously betting Ferguson here? ew.

i like the russian and wonder boy.

firekillex

BIG FERG all day long blue, much more skilled and all around fighter
    5 rounds is the key here

btw go pro , you got like 17k points you can get some fun stuff with that amigo
    definitely worth $100 or some charity donations

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

This is pretty lean for a PPV card. Only 10 fights
    Ed Herman got injured yesterday or today so that fight was pulled. Main events are usually 12 fights so I'm hoping they add at least one more fight, possibly 2.

firekillex

plus todd duffee got hurt and pulled i think

and just noticed Lando is fighting , that scrap is a darkhorse for fight of the night

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    Ed Herman got injured yesterday or today so that fight was pulled. Main events are usually 12 fights so I'm hoping they add at least one more fight, possibly 2.
    Yeah that would be nice. Was looking forward to fading that bum Herman. Oh well

Hugo de Naranja

plus todd duffee got hurt and pulled i think

and just noticed Lando is fighting , that scrap is a darkhorse for fight of the night
    I've been big on Teymur since his TUF days. Think he gets the upset here but Lando is hot fire in the first round. That's the fight I'm second most excited for behind Nurmy/Fergie

firekillex

I've been big on Teymur since his TUF days. Think he gets the upset here but Lando is hot fire in the first round. That's the fight I'm second most excited for behind Nurmy/Fergie
    that TUF season wasnt bad, Teymur could be a solid fighter in the UFC
    but i think Lando is a big time prospect , guy is silky smooth

should be a great fight

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

BIG FERG all day long blue, much more skilled and all around fighter
    5 rounds is the key here

definitely worth $100 or some charity donations
    will do.

and I'm still trying to decide on this fight. ferguson is good but i wouldn't say he is more skilled all around.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

TWOOD VS WONDERBOY - I think you gotta go with T wood in the rematch.. He had Wonderboy on the ropes so to speak a few times in that first match up and finished strong... As long as he doesn't get caught with something early he should win this second go around..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-21-17 at 12:00 PM.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    TWOOD VS WONDERBOY - I think you gotta go with T wood in the rematch.. He had Wonderboy on the ropes so to speak a few times in that first match up and finished strong... As long as he doesn't get caught with something early he should win this second go around..

KHABIB vs El CUCUY - Leaning Khabib just because he seems like he's on a mission and looked great against Cowboy.. I also said I would never bet against El Cucuy until he loses a fight, this match up has me twisted..

Tony hasn't lost in 9 fights now..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tony-Ferguson-31239

Technically you gotta go with Khabib standing or on the ground.. Intangibles all favor El Cucuy though.. Have no idea how I'm gonna play this fight now for the straight winner..

I can only think hedging it - Prop play - maybe Ferg by decision, hedged Khabib by KO.. Not even sure about this...
    Khabib is better standing? Totally disagree with that

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It doesn't matter how many points you have when you go pro, you are automatically reset back to 3,000.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    It doesn't matter how many points you have when you go pro, you are automatically reset back to 3,000.
    Oh that's crappy, you can't bet 14k betpoints into stuff , go pro with 3k and hope to recover some back and go even ??

firekillex

Ferguson is light years ahead of Khabib standing , literally has the advantage in speed, length, power, technique, boxing, kicking, unorthodox movements, foot speed, head movement

Khabib is just a mauler ontop , Ferguson even has better submissions imo
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Ferguson is light years ahead of Khabib standing , literally has the advantage in speed, length, power, technique, boxing, kicking, unorthodox movements, foot speed, head movement

Khabib is just a mauler ontop , Ferguson even has better submissions imo
    Khabib does have the best takedowns in the history of the UFC imo. His GnP is also great. Just don't see him being able to get Ferguson down and control him on the ground for 5 rounds.

Hugo de Naranja

Oh that's crappy, you can't bet 14k betpoints into stuff , go pro with 3k and hope to recover some back and go even ??
    Really? That sucks

firekillex

Khabib does have the best takedowns in the history of the UFC imo. His GnP is also great. Just don't see him being able to get Ferguson down and control him on the ground for 5 rounds.
    He's the best guy at just smothering people and grinding ontop
    but Ferguson will threaten with chokes and crazy reversals all fight long especially 25 minutes

Ferg has the best cardio at 55 period imo, I wanna see if Khabib can keep his gas tank up when he actually has to struggle for some takedowns and keeping positioning .. El cucuoy always stays in your face and he doesn't stop the pressure , his footwork is always great so if he can just stop a few takedowns And land some hard strikes like we seen Michael Johnson do in the first round where he had Khabib hurt , Ferguson won't let off the gas pedal at all... plus who knows about Khabibs health and how much of a toll all those injuries put on him.. Regardless it's a great fight , one of the best in lightweight history imo , especially with such a great contrast of styles

50/50 fight even Maybe more for Ferguson imo I'll take +175 all day long, Tony has the the more overall/ diverse skills and Khabib has the mastery of a martial art

Hugo de Naranja

He's the best guy at just smothering people and grinding ontop
    but Ferguson will threaten with chokes and crazy reversals all fight long especially 25 minutes

Ferg has the best cardio at 55 period imo, I wanna see if Khabib can keep his gas tank up when he actually has to struggle for some takedowns and keeping positioning .. El cucuoy always stays in your face and he doesn't stop the pressure , his footwork is always great so if he can just stop a few takedowns And land some hard strikes like we seen Michael Johnson do in the first round where he had Khabib hurt , Ferguson won't let off the gas pedal at all... plus who knows about Khabibs health and how much of a toll all those injuries put on him.. Regardless it's a great fight , one of the best in lightweight history imo , especially with such a great contrast of styles

50/50 fight even Maybe more for Ferguson imo I'll take +175 all day long, Tony has the the more overall/ diverse skills and Khabib has the mastery of a martial art
    I think a good strategy here is to bet some on Ferguson pre-fight but also look to live bet him after R1. He has a LOT of comeback wins in his career. He lost the first Round against RDA, Vannata, Barboza, and Trujillo, just to name a few.

One interesting part of this matchup will be Ferguson's TDD, which is typically pretty decent, against Khabib's takedowns, which are nigh unstoppable.

Hugo de Naranja

For Khabib backers, why not take Over 3.5 Rounds instead at (-175)?
    Points Awarded:

strictlypaypal gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: strictlypaypal

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Khabib

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-21-17 at 12:01 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

ferguson is light years ahead of khabib standing , literally has the advantage in speed, length, power, technique, boxing, kicking, unorthodox movements, foot speed, head movement

khabib is just a mauler ontop , ferguson even has better submissions imo
    i agree
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-21-17 at 12:02 PM.

firekillex

khabib hasnt been dominated standing because hes never standing hes always ontop of his opponents lol
    he stood with michael johnson for 3 minutes and was rocked / getting beat and ferguson is a better striker then michael johnson imo

khabib is a great fighter/ grappler but his record is inflated and hes fought mostly wrestlers/grapplers in the UFC where hes the best at that craft, Ferguson has had harder competition in the UFC and is easily khabibs kryptonite, if somebodys gonna beat him its tony ferguson

a better striker who can wrestle with him and threaten with submissions, i could link videos of showing how tony is a better striker but i think its pretty obvious hes a much better striker , not even a debate or discussion to me .. Ferguson is a great striker and khabib is average at best in the striking department , he throws only hands , has no diversity and just throws power shots to close the distance to grab a hold of his opponent/clinch up.. Tony can do much much more on the standup he has KO power something khabib hasnt shown, he has great accuracy, way better footwork, length in reach ( arms and legs ) has a great chin, faster striker , better kicks and easily has more weapons since he throws any strike possible

that would be like saying ben askren is a better striker then carlos condit in comparison for me

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

khabib hasnt been dominated standing because hes never standing hes always ontop of his opponents lol
    he stood with michael johnson for 3 minutes and was rocked / getting beat and ferguson is a better striker then michael johnson imo

khabib is a great fighter/ grappler but his record is inflated and hes fought mostly wrestlers/grapplers in the ufc where hes the best at that craft, ferguson has had harder competition in the ufc and is easily khabibs kryptonite, if somebodys gonna beat him its tony ferguson

a better striker who can wrestle with him and threaten with submissions, i could link videos of showing how tony is a better striker but i think its pretty obvious hes a much better striker , not even a debate or discussion to me .. Ferguson is a pretty striker and khabib is average at best in the striking department , he throws only hands , has no diversity and just throws power shots to close the distance to grab a hold of his opponent/clinch up.. Tony can do much much more on the standup he has ko power something khabib hasnt shown, he has great accuracy, way better footwork, length in reach ( arms and legs ) has a great chin, faster striker , better kicks and easily has more weapons since he throws any strike possible

that would be like saying ben askren is a better striker then carlos condit in comparison for me
    i agree

firekillex

look at that diversity of strikes , beautiful to watch
    and jesus he latches onto that d'arce like a mosqiuto on dog shitt

firekillex

both fighters are in their primes for sure , thats why in my opinion its the best 155 fight ever in mma

khabib is the most dominant grappler the lightweight division has ever seen and Tony is the most unorthodox / skilled fighter i think the 155 division has ever seen he has elite grappling/ striking .. Since mma is so young hes one of the first to be so skilled at all aspects of the game

close fight dont get me wrong either guy can win but Tony has the clear striking advantage here, if khabib chose to try and stand with Ferg it would be a gigantic mistake, hes gonna use what got him to the dance and hes gonna try to grapple / smother tony for 5 rounds straight and maybe finish by submission or ground and pound... Tony has more ways to win this he can ko/tko khabib on the feet, he can sub him , he can win a hard fought decision .. hes shown it all in the UFC guy has heart for days just watching the barbosa fight proves that ....

either way we all win watching this fight

ps khabib didnt fight cowboy but yes hes in his prime for sure , but the injuries could definitely hamper his growth sitting on the sidelines so much over the years

tony is basically a rich mans nate diaz, but with kicks and wrestling lol

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

I can't wait for this fight card.

I consider Ferguson a high fight IQ fighter like McGregor, Holloway, Garbrandt and DJohnson. Though it's a hard fight to call.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

both fighters are in their primes for sure , thats why in my opinion its the best 155 fight ever in mma

khabib is the most dominant grappler the lightweight division has ever seen and Tony is the most unorthodox / skilled fighter i think the 155 division has ever seen he has elite grappling/ striking .. Since mma is so young hes one of the first to be so skilled at all aspects of the game

close fight dont get me wrong either guy can win but Tony has the clear striking advantage here, if khabib chose to try and stand with Ferg it would be a gigantic mistake, hes gonna use what got him to the dance and hes gonna try to grapple / smother tony for 5 rounds straight and maybe finish by submission or ground and pound... Tony has more ways to win this he can ko/tko khabib on the feet, he can sub him , he can win a hard fought decision .. hes shown it all in the UFC guy has heart for days just watching the barbosa fight proves that ....

either way we all win watching this fight

ps khabib didnt fight cowboy but yes hes in his prime for sure , but the injuries could definitely hamper his growth sitting on the sidelines so much over the years

tony is basically a rich mans nate diaz, but with kicks and wrestling lol
    I agree

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Don't sleep on Paul Craig vs. Tyson Pedro. That's a big time fight. Craig is much more tested, but Pedro just might be a different kind of animal. When he gets in deep he does not fail on takedowns, and on top he puts everyone to a decision - get mounted and pounded on, or give up back and tap. Craig loves his BJJ though and gets subs constantly. Solid fight.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Ferg a better striker than Michael Johnson? He has great pressure for sure, but did you watch Johnson vs. Poirier? Johnson has some speed and crispness that Ferg doesn't.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Khabib has improved as a fighter since those fight comparisons you are mentioning.. He's upped his volume in fights and tries to finish now... Khabib is in his MMA prime right now and it showed against Cowboy.. He's completely dedicated and on a mission is Khabib.

I just think he's more technical then El Cucuy standing or grappling.... I'm leaning Khabib but like I said El Cucuy is that total X factor for sure!! Tough fight to call Fire...
    Did he ever fight Cowboy? I think they were booked a few times but it always fell through

1234 ... Last