Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Great hits Richy! You especially nailed Clark for huge!
    Thanks Hugo. Hopefully I can keep the streak going.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

I thought Cejudo won, but I'll take it..

seems like these Ludwig fighters get worse...

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

His striking was massively improved but you were totally right that wrestling played no role here. Cejudo following that Yoel Romero paradigm of excellent wrestling credentials that he elects not to use.

Hugo de Naranja

Overall a small +2.6u profit on this card. Won on Font ITD, Moreno + Decision, Masvidal, Benavidez, Parlays, and Overs on Decisions. Lost on Mutapcic, Cutelaba, and Johnson/Elliott ITD. Cashed Draftkings Double Up lineup which was nice. Learned a lot about some veteran fighters and saw some pretty large steps forward for a younger fighters as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Yep this was a successful event overall..

Still a bit upset over the Henry robbery though with that absurd judging on the score cards.. Henry really was coming forward all fight and landing as much or more strikes as Benevidez was retreating.. Henry even dropped B in the 1st round..

I still feel that might have been the worst judging and scoring I've seen all year.. In such a big fight that should never happen.. That point deduction was suspect as well.. Those shots to the nads never even effected Benavidez.

Rant over... Next...

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Timothy Elliot had one of the coolest entrances yet.
    Last edited by UncleChael; 12-04-16 at 05:31 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

definitely not even close to the worst robbery decision of the year lol... wouldnt even classify that under top 10 or even a robbery imo. Myself and the people i watched with had it a draw round 1 was cejudo 10-9 ( the point deduction was pretty suspect but 2 times in a round is a 50-50 call for the ref so that made the round 9-9, round 2 was really close but i gave the edge to cejudo for his aggression then round 3 i though benavidez won .. All the rounds were pretty close if Cejudo didnt get the point deduction then i would then say robbery could maybe work but in a basically draw fight with a point deduction i see how benavidez couldve won imo, both were being super aggressive and landing some solid shots nobody clearly ran away with it .... Cejudo looked a lot better in the striking then i thought he would though , excited to see his development since hes so young in the game

on another note gotta feel bad for ellenberger , never seen somebody throw a front kick then get their foot stuck in the cage that was shitty, guy couldnt even move then gets blasted from behind .. had masvidal by TKO prop but that win was pretty weird , he was starting to tag him up but i dont think ive ever seen somebody get their foot stuck in the bottom of the cage like that, at least it gives ellenbeger a solid excuse for the loss and most likely he wont get cut assuming he gets 1 more shot again ...

pretty good event though , profitable and fairly exciting fights , tim elliot looked pretty solid in the first round but that weight cut definitely killed his cardio, hes saying hes moving up to 35 next which sucks for the 25 division wouldve liked to see him againt some of those guys, but theres stilll some solid matchups for him at bantamweight... excited to see that dude he fought in the semis for TUF ( i think he won or deserved a 3rd round easily) i think that guy has a super bright future onto 206

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Firekill I had it scored the same as you, a draw at worst.. One judge had it 30-26 Benevidez so how does that happen? Overall robbery..

Ellenberger also saved himself from being knocked out with the toe being caught in the cage IMO... He got paid and will probably fight again in the UFC now based on how that fight unfolded.. I'd say Ellenberger got lucky and dodged a bullet with that rare funky stoppage loss..

firekillex

the 30-26 scorecard was a disgrace ill agree to this, i meant the overall decision of benavidez winning wasnt a robbery the scores were wacky for sure.. i wouldve called it a draw with the point deduction imo

and yup i was thinking ellenberger most likely saved his job with that weird loss, wonder who they give him next they honestly give him nobody easy so well see... id like to see them give him somebody like erick silva maybe thats a winnable fight for him and would be fireworks

Hugo de Naranja

Don't think the weight cut killed TE's cardio. He might have been hurting but he wasn't visibly gassed.

firekillex

Don't think the weight cut killed TE's cardio. He might have been hurting but he wasn't visibly gassed.
    He was saying the weight cut was dreadful and he was cramping up a bunch in the post conference . Not sure if after that exchange in the first where he put his hands on his knees he was faking but he looked fairly tired then took the 2nd Rd off before looking to catch his second wind ... hard to look good against DJ though and he had his moments regardless , the 4 fights in 4 weeks probably messed up his body having to cut that much as well ... hopefully some time off will do his body good and he'll consider staying at 25s

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    He was saying the weight cut was dreadful and he was cramping up a bunch in the post conference . Not sure if after that exchange in the first where he put his hands on his knees he was faking but he looked fairly tired then took the 2nd Rd off before looking to catch his second wind ... hard to look good against DJ though and he had his moments regardless , the 4 fights in 4 weeks probably messed up his body having to cut that much as well ... hopefully some time off will do his body good and he'll consider staying at 25s
    Yeah Flyweight only has a few contenders and not a whole lot of great rising prospects who are unranked.

firekillex

Yeah Flyweight only has a few contenders and not a whole lot of great rising prospects who are unranked.
    excited to watch eric sheltons progression, he really impressed me in that TUF season , super young and newer to the sport, skys the limit if he stays on the right path

Hugo de Naranja

excited to watch eric sheltons progression, he really impressed me in that TUF season , super young and newer to the sport, skys the limit if he stays on the right path
    Yeah me too. He's fighting Pantoja in Denver in a month or so.

firekillex

Yeah me too. He's fighting Pantoja in Denver in a month or so.
    should be a solid fight for sure , from what i recall Pantoja was the 1st seed in the tourney... Shelton was my favorite fighter on the show imo, super young and has a ton of room to grow i could see him making a splash in the flyweight division especially after watching moreno crack into the top 10 i think shelton is better then him tbh so im excited to watch his future fights ... 25 needs some young talent to boost the division

onto UFC 206 hopefully a thread drops soon, i see some odds dropped today for the main event

Hugo de Naranja

should be a solid fight for sure , from what i recall Pantoja was the 1st seed in the tourney... Shelton was my favorite fighter on the show imo, super young and has a ton of room to grow i could see him making a splash in the flyweight division especially after watching moreno crack into the top 10 i think shelton is better then him tbh so im excited to watch his future fights ... 25 needs some young talent to boost the division

onto UFC 206 hopefully a thread drops soon, i see some odds dropped today for the main event
    Should have some great betting opportunities for that card. I'm going to the Albany card but don't think I'll bet too much on it. Lot's of debuting fighters and people I don't have good reads on.

firekillex

Should have some great betting opportunities for that card. I'm going to the Albany card but don't think I'll bet too much on it. Lot's of debuting fighters and people I don't have good reads on.
    Really sucks the funk master had to pull out of that card, one of my fav bantamweights
    have fun at the card though brotha , I'll be at 206 probably just bet some main card and maybe some undercard props if I see something I like, try to get a pic with a fighter.... first UFC in Toronto I went to managed to get one with Pat Barry , hopefully see somebody cool again this time

juet looked at Albany card btw, black beast and ngannou are fighting should see some fireworks / knockouts at least

Hugo de Naranja

Really sucks the funk master had to pull out of that card, one of my fav bantamweights
    have fun at the card though brotha , I'll be at 206 probably just bet some main card and maybe some undercard props if I see something I like, try to get a pic with a fighter.... first UFC in Toronto I went to managed to get one with Pat Barry , hopefully see somebody cool again this time

juet looked at Albany card btw, black beast and ngannou are fighting should see some fireworks / knockouts at least
    Yeah it's definitely a weak card with people like Assuncao, Sterling, Suarez, and Cummins getting taken off the card for various reasons but I always enjoy watching live fights.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Another 2 UFC events coming up this weekend on Friday and Saturday night!!! Mcloving this!!

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Just took my first quick look... Derrick Lewis -180-190?? Seems like a steal. Abdurakhimov doesnt have the strength or ground game to control the beast, and he's bound to take damage on the feet. Feels like a LOCK for Lewis, no?

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Just took my first quick look... Derrick Lewis -180-190?? Seems like a steal. Abdurakhimov doesnt have the strength or ground game to control the beast, and he's bound to take damage on the feet. Feels like a LOCK for Lewis, no?
    No locks in heavyweight division imo. I like the -180 price though ill put something on that

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Black Beast could lose by decision with this match up.. I'm going Lewis by KO (1st round) and hedging with Abdurakov by decision myself... Waiting for the props to come out...

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

No locks in heavyweight division imo. I like the -180 price though ill put something on that
    Definitely true. The reason I like this so much at first glance is that I think Abdurakhimov will be stuck on the feet with Lewis where he will have a massive power disadvantage. So you're giving Lewis 3rds on the feet to tee off? Abdurakhimov will have to out land him 3-1 to take the scorecards considering the damage he will likely take. Also, Lewis is real solid at forcing a fight so it's hard to see him getting picked apart because he will quickly make it a brawl if that's happening. I may be really talking myself up but the path to victory for Abdurakhimov is an incredibly dangerous one and I just don't see it. Does he have Roy Nelson's chin?

firekillex

Definitely true. The reason I like this so much at first glance is that I think Abdurakhimov will be stuck on the feet with Lewis where he will have a massive power disadvantage. So you're giving Lewis 3rds on the feet to tee off? Abdurakhimov will have to out land him 3-1 to take the scorecards considering the damage he will likely take. Also, Lewis is real solid at forcing a fight so it's hard to see him getting picked apart because he will quickly make it a brawl if that's happening. I may be really talking myself up but the path to victory for Abdurakhimov is an incredibly dangerous one and I just don't see it. Does he have Roy Nelson's chin?
    main event= 5 round fight . But i havent watched to much of Abdurakhmov to be honest, ive seen him get tkod by timothy johnson whos a middling fighter , both pretty big guys so if it doesnt finish quick it will most likely get ugly... Ill probably go with black beast TKO/KO prop small and see how it goes , i hardly if ever go big on heavyweight fights tbh especially when its not top notch guys since anything can happen at that weight with those small gloves

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

412514678-1 12/3/16 7:37pm $9.00 $663.03 $672.03 Win 9 Team Parlay
    Win 12/3/16 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1002 Demetrious Johnson -1000* vs Tim Elliott
    Win 12/3/16 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1102 Joseph Benavidez -190* vs Henry Cejudo
    Win 12/3/16 11:30pm UFC Fighting 1202 Jorge Masvidal -220* vs Jake Ellenberger
    Win 12/3/16 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1301 Jared Cannonier +190* vs Ion Cutelaba
    Win 12/3/16 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1502 Brandon Moreno -155* vs Ryan Benoit
    Win 12/3/16 9:30pm UFC Fighting 1602 Ryan Hall -125* vs Gray Maynard
    Win 12/3/16 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1702 Rob Font -260* vs Matt Schnell
    Win 12/3/16 8:30pm UFC Fighting 1801 Dong Hyun Kim -140* vs Brendan O'Reilly
    Win 12/3/16 7:30pm UFC Fighting 2101 Elvis Mutapcic/Anthony Smith Over 1½ -200*
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07

Great rebound this event.....BA BA BOOEY!!!

PaperTrail07

Was All Over Clark as well......buddy's fam is from East Liverpool/ Stan's is good but figured the takedown would be there...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Paper you hit the lotto parlay.. Good work man!! $9 parlay hit for $670 is solid...

PaperTrail07

JIBBBY.....there will be a day I crack one betting 1K in Vegas......One Day LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Paper you hit the lotto parlay.. Good work man!! $9 parlay hit for $670 is solid...

PaperTrail07

“You know it’s bad when uncle Dana calls you to apologize for the judges,” Cejudo said. “It happened yesterday [Sunday]. I sent Dana a text saying thank you for the opportunity, I fought like a warrior last night, I hope it was entertaining. He called me literary like two seconds right after I sent the text message, and he was like, ‘Listen, Henry. I apologize. I’m sincerely sorry, you won that fight, everybody that I talked to, Sean Shelby said you won that fight, everybody that was ring side, there is not one person in that arena that thought you shouldn’t won that fight’. It was just a sincere apology and it says a lot because I don’t really have a relationship with Dana White. I just happen to text him and yeah, he was apologetic man.”
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I thought Cejudo won, but I'll take it..

seems like these Ludwig fighters get worse...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    “You know it’s bad when uncle Dana calls you to apologize for the judges,” Cejudo said. “It happened yesterday [Sunday]. I sent Dana a text saying thank you for the opportunity, I fought like a warrior last night, I hope it was entertaining. He called me literary like two seconds right after I sent the text message, and he was like, ‘Listen, Henry. I apologize. I’m sincerely sorry, you won that fight, everybody that I talked to, Sean Shelby said you won that fight, everybody that was ring side, there is not one person in that arena that thought you shouldn’t won that fight’. It was just a sincere apology and it says a lot because I don’t really have a relationship with Dana White. I just happen to text him and yeah, he was apologetic man.”
    Yep a robbery like I said.. I hate when that happens especially when you have a good chunk of change riding on the fighter that got robbed .. Still bitter over that.....

PaperTrail07

Cejudo Won round 1 IMO--- -1 Point DRAW....Round 2...Very close but also give it to Cejudo...really for oct control and forward movement--bene landed a good # of shots but all walking backwards and weak/powerless......ROUND 3..Toss up -maybe lean bene here.....after the rewatch....YES it was a totally robbery LOL..

PaperTrail07

Yeah I just watched it again.....1 of those judges should be pulled for LIFE lol.....it wsa worse than I previously thought...
    Yep a robbery like I said.. I hate when that happens especially when you have a good chunk of change riding on the fighter that got robbed .. Still bitter over that.....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yeah I just watched it again.....1 of those judges should be pulled for LIFE lol.....it wsa worse than I previously thought...
    Yep the 30-26 judge..

Not sure where they find these blind bats..

We'll I've been on the receiving end of robberies so I can't complain to much.. Robberies do happen in this sport and almost once on every card on average as it seems... You win some you lose some..

PaperTrail07

Exactly.....but it still does not explain that 30-26........
    Yep the 30-26 judge..

Not sure where they find these blind bats..

We'll I've been on the receiving end of robberies so I can't complain to much.. Robberies do happen in this sport and almost once on every card on average as it seems... You win some you lose some..

First ... 89101112 Last