UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    He knocked out a top 3 p4p legend in his prime in 13 seconds ....... People acknowledge Aldo as a top striker in mma history lmao what are you talking about Chael is this actually Chael sonnen trolling the forum ? Shitty strikers get 17/20 victories by tko/Ko 85% clip at a lower weight now jeeze

and diaz is a top notch mma boxer he beat him standing up? Thompson landed like 2 full head kicks and didn't even knock Diaz out that must mean cerrone, Rory McDonald, RDA, Michael Johnson , gomi all suck at striking to
    His best ko win is Aldo in 13 seconds. The other 16 who the hell cares. We didn't even see him fight until the Diaz fight. Aldo got thrown off his game and ended up running forward into the left. Great Job McGregor. Josh Thompson just knew how to strike and move until Diaz could take no more. Nate has good boxing because his brother Nick. Eddie just beat up and knocked out a top 3 p4p legend in his prime last fight? on my book McGregor went from -125 to -165, bet the house on him because he's going to get his ass kicked.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    His best ko win is Aldo in 13 seconds. The other 16 who the hell cares. We didn't even see him fight until the Diaz fight. Aldo got thrown off his game and ended up running forward into the left. Great Job McGregor. Josh Thompson just knew how to strike and move until Diaz could take no more. Nate has good boxing because his brother Nick. Eddie just beat up and knocked out a top 3 p4p legend in his prime last fight? on my book McGregor went from -125 to -165, bet the house on him because he's going to get his ass kicked.

Wouldnt bet the house on a super close fight lol that's for rookies to do . But saying mcgregor isn't an amazing striker is blatantly being a hater lmao, guys an elite striker it's just obvious watching his movement , he has a killer unorthodox uppercut, an absolute beast of a straight left and he has great accuracy / timing ... Eddie has great boxing as well but overall in aspects of striking mcgregor is more technical / bigger array of strikes just watch the tape lol eddies a hard nosed brawler , mcgregor is a finess accurate boxer with some flashy kicks and his front body kick is absolute killer to ask anybody who's been hit by that shot it's like a dagger into your gas tank every time... In a fight like this either guy can win but disrespecting either guys skills is just stupid they're both champions in 2 of the most competitive weight classes in mma .. Being #1 in the entire planet earth you cannot be bad at the sport especially a sport like fighting here any tiny mistake can end your night
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lokihayze gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Wouldnt bet the house on a super close fight lol that's for rookies to do . But saying mcgregor isn't an amazing striker is blatantly being a hater lmao, guys an elite striker it's just obvious watching his movement , he has a killer unorthodox uppercut, an absolute beast of a straight left and he has great accuracy / timing ... Eddie has great boxing as well but overall in aspects of striking mcgregor is more technical / bigger array of strikes just watch the tape lol eddies a hard nosed brawler , mcgregor is a finess accurate boxer with some flashy kicks and his front body kick is absolute killer to ask anybody who's been hit by that shot it's like a dagger into your gas tank every time... In a fight like this either guy can win but disrespecting either guys skills is just stupid they're both champions in 2 of the most competitive weight classes in mma .. Being #1 in the entire planet earth you cannot be bad at the sport especially a sport like fighting here any tiny mistake can end your night
    I'm super excited for this fight. Hopefully we don't get a bunch of guys who don't even post on this forum but decide to show up and talk a bunch of shit without adding any substantive analysis.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm super excited for this fight. Hopefully we don't get a bunch of guys who don't even post on this forum but decide to show up and talk a bunch of shit without adding any substantive analysis.
    Hugo I'd bet my left nut we'll see minimum of 5+ of these posters for this big card.. For all the mcgregor fights the haters roll out it seems.... This is the fight I'll most likely bet small and just enjoy , there's tons of fights on the card that have an actual edge / profitable path to follow ... This fight is to unpredictable for me to go huge on but it should be fireworks... Best card in history gotta make some solid profit to make it even juicer

Hugo de Naranja

Hugo I'd bet my left nut we'll see minimum of 5+ of these posters for this big card.. For all the mcgregor fights the haters roll out it seems.... This is the fight I'll most likely bet small and just enjoy , there's tons of fights on the card that have an actual edge / profitable path to follow ... This fight is to unpredictable for me to go huge on but it should be fireworks... Best card in history gotta make some solid profit to make it even juicer
    Any early leans here?

firekillex

Any early leans here?
    early leans for value purposes
    stephens +260
    weidman -160 + late finish props ill look into
    tate decision +150
    khabib decision +135
    consider gastelum at + money super tough fight +150 i see value though pretty even fight imo
    kennedy decision +190
    alves and natal -160 i also kind of like

what about you hugo what you looking at so far?

Hugo de Naranja

stephens +260
    tate decision +150
    khabib decision +135
    consider gastelum at + money super tough fight +150 i see value though pretty even fight imo
    kennedy decision +190

Wonderboy hedged with Woodley R1/R2
    Cerrone + ITD
    McGregor + R1/R2
    Stephens Decision
    Pennington ITD
    Carmouche + ITD
    Romero SNA + KO + R3
    JJ -5.5 + KO
    Natal Decision
    Muhammad R3

firekillex

Wonderboy hedged with Woodley R1/R2
    Cerrone + ITD
    McGregor + R1/R2
    Stephens Decision
    Pennington ITD
    Carmouche + ITD
    Romero SNA + KO + R3
    JJ -5.5 + KO
    Natal Decision
    Muhammad R3
    Lmao well looks like we got a bunch of different stuff at least one will come out on top
    i like jj as well just need to find a line I like... Prop bets for this card will be key
    really torn on the cerrone / gastelum fight I might just play the over tbh I don't see either guy getting finished but cerrone has been an animal at 170 can't deny that
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Lmao well looks like we got a bunch of different stuff at least one will come out on top
    i like jj as well just need to find a line I like... Prop bets for this card will be key
    really torn on the cerrone / gastelum fight I might just play the over tbh I don't see either guy getting finished but cerrone has been an animal at 170 can't deny that
    Cerrone KOs cote, KOs story, a pretty hard guy to finish, hence why he has never been finished, playing the over considering these facts cant be good betting practice, is this the perhaps what someone will call betting malpractice?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani, Chuck Mindenhall, and Danny Segura break down the biggest storylines from a wild UFC 205 kickoff press conference in New York's Madison Square Garden.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Cerrone KOs cote, KOs story, a pretty hard guy to finish, hence why he has never been finished, playing the over considering these facts cant be good betting practice, is this the perhaps what someone will call betting malpractice?
    Kelvin gastelum has never been finished in his career and is much better then cote or Rick story lol.. He's lost 2 times in his career both by split decision one of those to the current champion Tyron Woodley who has bricks for hands, didn't get finished by Hendricks, ellenberger , Uriah hall, Rick story all hard hitters.. I'd be more scared of kelvin finishing cerrone tbh

any rookie can look at somebody's sherdog record and say oh he's finished his last 3 opponents lol all who weren't top 10 material , kelvin is an elite 170er I see this being a tough dogfight with somebody winning a decision , if cerrone finishes kelvin then he's basically a title contender next since no other elite 70er could do that

bjpenn85

Kelvin gastelum has never been finished in his career and is much better then cote or Rick story lol.. He's lost 2 times in his career both by split decision one of those to the current champion Tyron Woodley who has bricks for hands, didn't get finished by Hendricks, ellenberger , Uriah hall, Rick story all hard hitters.. I'd be more scared of kelvin finishing cerrone tbh

any rookie can look at somebody's sherdog record and say oh he's finished his last 3 opponents lol all who weren't top 10 material , kelvin is an elite 170er I see this being a tough dogfight with somebody winning a decision , if cerrone finishes kelvin then he's basically a title contender next since no other elite 70er could do that
    Most people said the exact same thing before cerrones fight with rick story, and before that with cote. Gastelum doesnt have the style to beat Cerrone IMO. Can be a close fight, but i see Cerrone winning. I did bet RDA pretty heavy against cerrone btw.

firekillex

Most people said the exact same thing before cerrones fight with rick story, and before that with cote. Gastelum doesnt have the style to beat Cerrone IMO. Can be a close fight, but i see Cerrone winning. I did bet RDA pretty heavy against cerrone btw.
    i agree on those points for sure, both of those guys are super super tough to finish but i think gastelum is still levels above those 2 plus hes so young hes always getting better each fight , his boxing is legit and i think if he cracks cerrone itll slow cerrones momentum down a bit , cant deny at 70 cerrone looks like hes in the matrix and i wouldnt be completely surprised if he got the finish but this fight is super tough to call imo i could see either guy winning, so rather go fight goes to decision -130 and win if either guy gets there hand raised

i think kelvin will surprise ive been saying hes the future at 70 for a while now , lets see if cerrone can completely stop that hype this fight should be wild .... was looking forward to cerrone/lawler but this fight is still pretty wicked ... everybody knows cerrones weakness is the body shots and kelvin has great boxing but at 70 with more meat on his body i think it helps cerrone out a bit

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Are you guys for real?

Diaz was tko'd after eating a flush highkick in which he leaned into in addition to the accumulation of strikes which ended the bout. He stood up immediately after the stop. Thats what you call an elite chin, holmes.

On the other hand he knocked out guys like Aldo and Poirier which have never been stopped by strikes before up until that moment.

Im pretty sure that you need a chin like Nate to hang in there. Eddie is in trouble.
    Spot on Sato

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Spot on Sato
    Any early thoughts on this card Cap'n? It's nice to see ya back btw

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Spot on Sato

You also need an elite chin, to get rocked in almost every fight.......AND STILL NOT GET KNOCKED OUT.

Same thing with Bisping, gets rocked in every fight, meets Hendo...and still doesnt get knocked out.

bjpenn85

i agree on those points for sure, both of those guys are super super tough to finish but i think gastelum is still levels above those 2 plus hes so young hes always getting better each fight , his boxing is legit and i think if he cracks cerrone itll slow cerrones momentum down a bit , cant deny at 70 cerrone looks like hes in the matrix and i wouldnt be completely surprised if he got the finish but this fight is super tough to call imo i could see either guy winning, so rather go fight goes to decision -130 and win if either guy gets there hand raised

i think kelvin will surprise ive been saying hes the future at 70 for a while now , lets see if cerrone can completely stop that hype this fight should be wild .... was looking forward to cerrone/lawler but this fight is still pretty wicked ... everybody knows cerrones weakness is the body shots and kelvin has great boxing but at 70 with more meat on his body i think it helps cerrone out a bit

I think Cerrone will surprise you guys once again. He is the better striker, and the better grappler, better overall fighter, and he will gradually win the exchanges. Gastelum beat hendricks, but hendricks is crap. Magny shouldnt outwrestle gastelum, but somehow did. Cerrone is favoured here because he is better, but, i do also think you need to factor in that those last two fights should have made him an even larger favourite. Cant really threathen cerrone with size and strenght, because he is too technical. Cant take him down, he will probably take your ass down. Cant clinch him, so now you will have to stand with him...well good luck out striking him gastelum.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave bjpenn85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

I think Cerrone will surprise you guys once again. He is the better striker, and the better grappler, better overall fighter, and he will gradually win the exchanges. Gastelum beat hendricks, but hendricks is crap. Magny shouldnt outwrestle gastelum, but somehow did. Cerrone is favoured here because he is better, but, i do also think you need to factor in that those last two fights should have made him an even larger favourite. Cant really threathen cerrone with size and strenght, because he is too technical. Cant take him down, he will probably take your ass down. Cant clinch him, so now you will have to stand with him...well good luck out striking him gastelum.
    I agree with most of this and will be big on Cerrone myself. However, I do think Gastelum will have some success taking Cerrone down and will try his best to LnP Cowboy while avoiding submissions from the bottom. For that reason, I'm going to hedge a bit of my Cerrone exposure with Gastelum decision.

bjpenn85

I agree with most of this and will be big on Cerrone myself. However, I do think Gastelum will have some success taking Cerrone down and will try his best to LnP Cowboy while avoiding submissions from the bottom. For that reason, I'm going to hedge a bit of my Cerrone exposure with Gastelum decision.
    Sure. he can also get Koed, he can also be subject of an accident, or have a bad day at work. Gastelum may also have developed since we last saw him. Lay and pray gameplans, have cerrone ever been in such a position, like being grinded out to loose a round?I think its a reason why he hasnt found himself in a position like that, because he has the skills to avoid it. But he has def been on top on other fighters a bunch of times, so thats probably more likely.
    Last edited by bjpenn85; 10-21-16 at 02:13 AM.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Rda wrestlefckd cerrone

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    Rda wrestlefckd cerrone
    Like i said, i bet RDA, and gastelum is not RDA

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Sure. he can also get Koed, he can also be subject of an accident, or have a bad day at work. Gastelum may also have developed since we last saw him. Lay and pray gameplans, have cerrone ever been in such a position, like being grinded out to loose a round?I think its a reason why he hasnt found himself in a position like that, because he has the skills to avoid it. But he has def been on top on other fighters a bunch of times, so thats probably more likely.
    Like I said. Cerrone got outwrestled and lost dec cuz of it.
    I'm also on cerrone. But I think gastelum best chance is to wrestle cowboy. Wouldn't be a shocker to me if the bigger man out muscled him on the fence and ground. But I also think cowboys striking and jitz will be too much for fatty

UncleChael

I can't sweat it enough Eddie gonna put a beat down on that boy. Kev G wins, he's too big for Cerrone.

Hugo de Naranja

0 for 2 there Unc

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Woodley training with Sage Northcutt, says: "Sage is actually a better version of Wonderboy."

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Woodley training with Sage Northcutt, says: "Sage is actually a better version of Wonderboy."
    Lmao.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    I can't sweat it enough Eddie gonna put a beat down on that boy. Kev G wins, he's too big for Cerrone.
    here we go again with that size/strength talk

bjpenn85

beyond hilarious

UncleChael

beyond hilarious
    Clueless.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

stephens +260
    tate decision +150
    khabib decision +135
    kennedy decision +190

Yup, I like those bets. Stephens at +260 is good odds to take, even though he still is likely to lose to Frankie.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Going over a few props in this event now.. Thinking Chris Weidman hasn't fought in a long time, his will was broken by Luke Rockhold when on his back, Romero has a heavy top game and hits like a Truck.. I know Chris Weidman was the former champ is more well rounded and has better Cardio if the fight drags on.. Still is that enough to take out this Black Beast Romero?

Romero has quietly won 7 in a row, has been the more active fighter, he has finished inside the final bell in 5 of his last 7.. Knocked out tough guys like Derrick Brunson as well..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yoel-Romero-60762

So Romero is 3-1 +odds ITD.. I think it's worth the old college try... Or at worst a hedge against the Weidman Submission prop...

$100.00 $300.00 Pending 11/12/16 10:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1305 Romero wins inside distance +300* vs Not Romero inside distance

The KO prop even better...

1329 Romero wins by TKO/KO
    +350

Machida got rolled...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-27-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

depends what "striker" means to you. To me striking involves the whole facet of striking which means not getting hit in the head. Therefore, conor is not a great striker. He could be if ever went to a real camp or got some real training but until then he is just throwing caution to the wind each fight.

Not a great striker, great puncher you could say. I used to think the diaz bros were great strikers, they are not. They eat punches like I eat cereal for breakfast. They are good but not great and conor is not amazing. If he fights like previous fights either luck is going to be on his side again because eddie is going to have to no problem landing or lucks runs out and he get destroyed by a real striker.

But, could turn out conor has a chin we don't know about yet. That is possible too.
    Last edited by brooks85; 10-28-16 at 08:22 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

First 12345 ... Last