GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Did you really think Conor was going to lose?

Oh wait, ...you did.

Awfully quiet in the forum after the fight

Ive never seen so many people on the wrong side and SO CONFIDENT that they were on the wrong side lol. Hey plekz did you jump off a bridge?
    No big deal picking a wrong fight guys but a lot of you were talking so much shit

WAR DIAZ guys WAR DIAZ

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

My asshole did pucker slightly during the tail end of round 3, but otherwise, no. It felt a little like watching a Mayweather fight where you're hoping he avoids the big punch, in this case hoping McGregor avoided takedowns or getting submitted. Clearly the better boxer and tactician, higher cage IQ, but not right for 170.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

All the dilusional diaz fans. I bet to make money though. Only was wrong on lim and marcos fight. Mcgregor i had $1500 on. I love making money. 1 2 4 were conors rounds and he stuffed 6 takedowns and had 3 knockdowns but diaz betters saying diaz won and was robbed, can't make this shit up lmfao

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    All the dilusional diaz fans. I bet to make money though. Only was wrong on lim and marcos fight. Mcgregor i had $1500 on. I love making money. 1 2 4 were conors rounds and he stuffed 6 takedowns and had 3 knockdowns but diaz betters saying diaz won and was robbed, can't make this shit up lmfao
    I legitmately thought fans were trolling saying it was a robbery lol , I knew the public was pretty delusional but this just takes things to the next level I honestly don't know what you were watching you if think Diaz was robbed , should literally be suspended for a few events if you think that lmao . Just take the L and move on people next cards in a week with plenty more good fights

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Both sides in this fight are acting like teenage girls. I didnt bet it either way but know it was a close fight. Rd 2 was the swing rd. I think the judges scored it right but had it went 48-47 Diaz it would have been okay also. Conor was on the verge of getting stopped in rd 3 so dont act like your bet won easily. I bet Conor backers were panicking in that rd. And Diaz backers need to stfu with the robbery shi.t . It was a close fight that Conor won the decision, that he should have, so move on

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Its hilarious that people backing conor after the fight act like this wasnt a close fight. He was seconds away from getting finished late in round 3, exactly as people who betted diaz had predicted. Its hard to critize the diaz bettors when so much of what you initially thought would happen actually happened. Of all the losses you will have through the year, this isnt a bad loss from a betting perspective. You got +115 for a fighter that seemed to have more outs to win the fight.

In hindsight this wasnt a robbery, but it sure felt like it.

firekillex

Saying it was a robbery is completely different then saying it was a close fight though .. A robbery is when you get 4 rounds + and lose a decision imo , mcgregor won 3 rounds and Diaz won 2 how is losing a decision that you lost a robbery

anybody who who was on Diaz big definitely sucks because he could've won but mcgregor dropped Diaz 3 times then fans are trying to say that's rigged ... Just riddiculous people take the loss and move on a lot of people looking really stupid in this forum sayin Diaz got robbed and how the UFC is rigged... No mcgregor won a war that was fight of the year candidate no robbery, no rigged just mma at its best

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

How is mma scored? Is it like boxing where if you get a knockdown in a round you pretty much win the round unless the guy that got knocked down does some significant damage still in the round?

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Saying it was a robbery is completely different then saying it was a close fight though .. A robbery is when you get 4 rounds + and lose a decision imo , mcgregor won 3 rounds and Diaz won 2 how is losing a decision that you lost a robbery

anybody who who was on Diaz big definitely sucks because he could've won but mcgregor dropped Diaz 3 times then fans are trying to say that's rigged ... Just riddiculous people take the loss and move on a lot of people looking really stupid in this forum sayin Diaz got robbed and how the UFC is rigged... No mcgregor won a war that was fight of the year candidate no robbery, no rigged just mma at its best
    But not in the rounds diaz backers meant he won. It doesnt matter if you drop someone in round 1 or round 2 in a 25 minute fight.Theres nobody saying diaz won round 1 and 2??

But many people thought mcregor lost the three last rounds, how far is loosing three rounds in a row to 4, which you claimed is the definition of robbery? Most diaz backers felt diaz won three straight rounds, leaving them obviously in shock and disbelief when not 1 of the fakkin three judgges saw the fight for diaz overall.

Many people did however give the 4.round to mcregor, since i havent rewatched it, that may be true, making a claim that it was a robbery unfair.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    But not in the rounds diaz backers meant he won. It doesnt matter if you drop someone in round 1 or round 2 in a 25 minute fight.Theres nobody saying diaz won round 1 and 2??

But many people thought mcregor lost the three last rounds, how far is loosing three rounds in a row to 4, which you claimed is the definition of robbery? Most diaz backers felt diaz won three straight rounds, leaving them obviously in shock and disbelief when not 1 of the fakkin three judgges saw the fight for diaz overall.

Many people did however give the 4.round to mcregor, since i havent rewatched it, that may be true, making a claim that it was a robbery unfair.
    Those knock downs were crucial ... That's what leaves the impact on people, and the only way the public would be arguing more for diaz is if he got a knock down or something, how could the guy that was stalking the whole fight and being the aggressor come up so short? I seen like one or two flurries of punches where I thought, ok...there's diaz, he came to fight....but the rest of the fight just looked ...idk, and those weak leg kicks, like that was supposed to make the difference...

mcgregor hung in there, and that's why he got the decision ...everyone knew he would get it to " as if " it didn't even look close...

firekillex

its not even about the knockdowns in the total fight that would be pride rules. in the ufc for mma sanctioned rules in nevada its a 10 point must system.. mcgregor clearly won round 1 , mcgregor was cruising to a 10-8 in round 2 dropping diaz twice but then diaz flipped the switch the last 1:45 and started bullying mcgregor a bit which put the round back to a 10-9 mcgregor still for dominating the early majority of the round, round 3 diaz came out and definitely won the round people saying that was a 10-8 round are crazy , round 4 this is where mcgregor came out and showed his true heart thats why im giving him such respect he was already gassed, he was starting to get tagged and the momentum was clearly on diaz side after winning the past 6:30 of the fight but mcgregor came out strong round 4 and won the round definitively , it was a close round but mcgregor landed the cleaner and harder shots in my opinion and every person i was with agreed didnt even think people were saying robbery until i came online tbh... round 5 was the closest round of the fight for me both guys were tired and diaz was bloodied up pretty bad which is almost impossible to see , they both showed the heart of champions throughout that round i gave diaz the slight edge with the takedown he landed late but mcgregor was showing good takedown defense and couldve had the round if it wasnt for that takedown it was a super super close round .. which gives conor 3-2 with one diaz round being almost a draw so to me that is not even close to a robbery , mcgregor clearly dropped diaz 3 times, stuffed multiple takedowns, landed huge leg kicks all fight long and he turned the momentum in round 4 which won him the fight gotta respect both guys neither guy lost really but by the rules of mma mcgregor technically/clearly won the match.. to say mcgregor ran is just uneducated mcgregor is a counter fighter when diaz rushes in he has great footwork and bounces into big shots thats where he gets his power diaz just has a granite chin, he ran back a few times to reset and conserve his breath in the biggest fight of his life why would he stand in the fire for 25 minutes with a guy whos bigger and has one of the best gas tanks in mma ... makes 0 sense you fight to win not to make everybody happy, and it was really a war with a ton of exchanges which makes me baffled how people are complaining about running

and to say the UFC is rigging the decisions just shows people are talking about things they know nothing about, dana white has shown multiple times over the years how much he despises the commissions and judging lol , the commision of the state assigns judges the ufc has no say in any of that judges or refs for that matter they get what they get, thats why theres so many wacky decisions and questionable stoppages regularly in mma ... ufc makes money off mcgregor winning with the trilogy but who knows that the ufc even wanted mcrgegor to win now hes going to be power hungry and most likely stir a bunch of shit up lol which i personally love
    Last edited by firekillex; 08-21-16 at 04:32 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

its not even about the knockdowns in the total fight that would be pride rules. in the ufc for mma sanctioned rules in nevada its a 10 point must system.. mcgregor clearly won round 1 , mcgregor was cruising to a 10-8 in round 2 dropping diaz twice but then diaz flipped the switch the last 1:45 and started bullying mcgregor a bit which put the round back to a 10-9 mcgregor still for dominating the early majority of the round, round 3 diaz came out and definitely won the round people saying that was a 10-8 round are crazy , round 4 this is where mcgregor came out and showed his true heart thats why im giving him such respect he was already gassed, he was starting to get tagged and the momentum was clearly on diaz side after winning the past 6:30 of the fight but mcgregor came out strong round 4 and won the round definitively , it was a close round but mcgregor landed the cleaner and harder shots in my opinion and every person i was with agreed didnt even think people were saying robbery until i came online tbh... round 5 was the closest round of the fight for me both guys were tired and diaz was bloodied up pretty bad which is almost impossible to see , they both showed the heart of champions throughout that round i gave diaz the slight edge with the takedown he landed late but mcgregor was showing good takedown defense and couldve had the round if it wasnt for that takedown it was a super super close round .. which gives conor 3-2 with one diaz round being almost a draw so to me that is not even close to a robbery , mcgregor clearly dropped diaz 3 times, stuffed multiple takedowns, landed huge leg kicks all fight long and he turned the momentum in round 4 which won him the fight gotta respect both guys neither guy lost really but by the rules of mma mcgregor technically/clearly won the match.. to say mcgregor ran is just uneducated mcgregor is a counter fighter when diaz rushes in he has great footwork and bounces into big shots thats where he gets his power diaz just has a granite chin, he ran back a few times to reset and conserve his breath in the biggest fight of his life why would he stand in the fire for 25 minutes with a guy whos bigger and has one of the best gas tanks in mma ... makes 0 sense you fight to win not to make everybody happy, and it was really a war with a ton of exchanges which makes me baffled how people are complaining about running

and to say the UFC is rigging the decisions just shows people are talking about things they know nothing about, dana white has shown multiple times over the years how much he despises the commissions and judging lol , the commision of the state assigns judges the ufc has no say in any of that judges or refs for that matter they get what they get, thats why theres so many wacky decisions and questionable stoppages regularly in mma ... ufc makes money off mcgregor winning with the trilogy but who knows that the ufc even wanted mcrgegor to win now hes going to be power hungry and most likely stir a bunch of shit up lol which i personally love
    Solid post ... Was a little heated but I still feel like somethings rubbing me the wrong way with the match... If it's Nate " granite " chin failing him in rounds 1 & for sure 2 ...the third knockdown I hardly seen the punch, it just came across funny, then the slapping and messing around Nate was doing ...it just didn't look like he was giving his all, except for a few spots. He's a better striker then what I seen last night as well, it just looked bad to me... Was it close, yay, I could agree with that, but why? Did Nate not bring everything to the table and let off the gas or was mcgregor just that good... Idk, took the last fight on 11 days notice...and subed him after dominating him with reach ...

i will say mcgregor did look better, he was able to train specifically for diaz and that probably helped a bit but number 3 I'm staying out, think Diaz wins that one but whatever, I got sunk on both sides of this 1 & 2 lol good thing it's only points or I'd be kind of sick...

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1553

when will team diaz train vs leg kicks? ever?

firekillex

Well in all of nates fights he throws slaps he's notorious for it , he uses it to piss the opponent off and gauge the range for his other punches .. He said he had an injury coming in which could've effected some things but everybody comes into fights with injuries most of the time in mma ... People don't understand how tough a 6-8 week training camp can be on the body.. Plus getting dropped 3 times will definitely mess you up a bit , all 3 were legit knockdowns the one was the most beautiful straight down the middle directly on the chin and he dropped in a millisecond after it landed nothing fishy at all imo.. Was just a crazy war between 2 beasts and mcgregor pulled it out the 4th round was everything and he clearly won it for me . Trilogy is a coin toss again even at 155 either guy could win , underdog will have value most likely

and regarding the leg kicks Diaz actually checked a ton of the kicks even mcgregor acknowledged how much better he's gotten at defending the kicks, hence mcgregor having to walk out in crutches after since he injured his shin blasting Diaz kneecap with kicks which kills especially when you don't really throw leg kicks all the time like mcgregor ... The one thing Diaz could've done is try for more takedowns but everybody knows he wants a standup war maybe in the trilogy that'll change but we'll see

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by dhristov211 View Post
    when will team diaz train vs leg kicks? ever?
    u notice the kid from his camp who fought earlier, got hit with every leg kick thrown.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    u notice the kid from his camp who fought earlier, got hit with every leg kick thrown.
    Well that kids basically a noobie in the game comparing him to others is tough , lobov and that guy aren't the highest level fighters to say the least haha lobov just swings from the hip with power and that guy from Diaz camp didn't do much of anything maybe the bright lights got to him which is understandable plus he was fighting a vet

dhristov211
    2023 year of Josh
    dhristov211's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1553

dos anjos killed diaz via leg kick

firekillex

Dos Anjos has lethal leg kicks , and he leaves his leg wide open with his heavy lead leg stance in southpaw he's greatly improved his leg kick defense if you watch his past couple fights with Michael Johnson and this fight with mcgregor... It's hard to check every single kick but he did it a few times and really damaged mcgregors shin , Donald cerrone has some of the best leg kicks in the game and Diaz starched him so you can't say the only way to beat Diaz is by leg kicks and in the dos Anjos fight he didn't look mentally there sometimes Diaz comes in like an animal and sometimes it's not his night which is the mma game you gotta beat people on your worst night a main reason why hell most likely never be a champion but he'll always have skills that can hang with the best of them has the most sub finishes in the UFC and is a top notch boxer can't say that for most mma fighters to be top notch in 2 categories of mma
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140

Well that kids basically a noobie in the game comparing him to others is tough , lobov and that guy aren't the highest level fighters to say the least haha lobov just swings from the hip with power and that guy from Diaz camp didn't do much of anything maybe the bright lights got to him which is understandable plus he was fighting a vet
    Or maybe they suck at concentrating on leg kicks in that camp which was the point. Melendez got eatin alive against Barbosa when he knew it was coming. I could go on and on and on with that camp. The camp as a whole blows when it comes to leg kicks. To say it was because it was the kids first fight in the UFC is nonsense. He fought just like they all do except Shields who just bores ya to death with grinding.

Thor4140

Yeah we can spend days picking guys from that camp who can't stop a leg kick and most don't know how to throw one.

firekillex

well you cant change somebodys mind when its already set pal so think what youd like you can just clearly watch the fight and see diaz improvement in the leg kick defense not much else i can say , and comparing melendez getting leg kicked by literally probably the best kicker in mma is irrelevant barbosa could literally leg kick anybody in the lightweight division and they wouldnt be able to do shit against it guys like the flash in there ... Most people wouldve given up on the kicks after a few got checked but thats when mcgregor showed his heart and kept throwing it , check the post fight pics of his foot and shin he looks like the elephant man on his leg ... diaz style and stance is susceptible to getting hit by kicks but he has vastly improved his defense in the past few years tbh.. shields is just a ground fighter so i dont even count him his stand up is absolutely garbage lol still a beast on the ground though