firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm keying Khabib in numerous 2 teamers leading up to March 4th
    Jake we're all on Fergusons nuts here, you'll be the enemy march 4th haha but goodluck
    fight could go either way one of the best/ most interesting fights at 155 in mma history in my eyes
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Glad everyone is on the khabib ferg fight right now

i have a $500 parlay on Lewis, Ferguson, and rumble Johnson to win $4400. I'm confident in Johnson and I'm really rooting for khabib, I just see Ferguson as such a complex fighter and the only question is will khabib be heavy to Ferguson like he is on all other opponents. Ferguson is so different. And that's why I agree most interesting fight at 155 ever.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave strictlypaypal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post
    Glad everyone is on the khabib ferg fight right now

i have a $500 parlay on Lewis, Ferguson, and rumble Johnson to win $4400. I'm confident in Johnson and I'm really rooting for khabib, I just see Ferguson as such a complex fighter and the only question is will khabib be heavy to Ferguson like he is on all other opponents. Ferguson is so different. And that's why I agree most interesting fight at 155 ever.
    Hope you cash it bro!

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Paul Craig vs. Tyson Pedro is a real sneaky fight at UFC 209. I think it's on fight pass. That's a scrap between two real solid undefeated light heavys with big potential. I'm looking to hop on Pedro if the line opens up friendly. Surprised UFC matched these two up already. I would have thought they'd like to get each of them another win and build their reps.

Hugo de Naranja

Horiguchi signs with Rizin. Expected to debut for them in April.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I am with Peavy 100%......I simply cant bet against Nurg....
    Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Jake we're all on Fergusons nuts here, you'll be the enemy march 4th haha but goodluck
    fight could go either way one of the best/ most interesting fights at 155 in mma history in my eyes

PaperTrail07

don't blame him.....didn't make enough free paychecks.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Horiguchi signs with Rizin. Expected to debut for them in April.

PaperTrail07

I expect a Flat out WAR....Nurg will take it down...

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Fair enough. He's a very solid undefeated fighter so I don't blame ya

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Horiguchi is so damn good. So much friggin potential. Can't wait to check him out in Rizin.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Horiguchi is so damn good. So much friggin potential. Can't wait to check him out in Rizin.
    Agreed. Kid is a beast in all phases of the game. Easily out-grappled Ali Bags in his last fight

firekillex

another terrible move by the UFC
    were watching the downhill slide im tellin ya

Hugo de Naranja

another terrible move by the UFC
    were watching the downhill slide im tellin ya
    I sure hope not.

firekillex

I sure hope not.
    would be a travesty to the sport
    but the new owners are slowly killing the sport , tough to watch
    really dislike the moves theyve done so far , you have the money .. pay the fighters who make the sport what it is

PaperTrail07

Yeah he is UFC talent all the way...don't get it really either....Unless they think he will Okami the divisions and wreck all the new "hope".....father time will be the first to get MM...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

I really like Ferguson but until I see Khabib lose, I can't go against him. He is a man on a mission and I think he makes a statement against Tony. Depending on how much I have riding on Khabib, I might hedge a bit with Ferg inside the distance.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I really like Ferguson but until I see Khabib lose, I can't go against him. He is a man on a mission and I think he makes a statement against Tony. Depending on how much I have riding on Khabib, I might hedge a bit with Ferg inside the distance.

They do have 2 of the best win streaks in the game right now.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

They do have 2 of the best win streaks in the game right now.
    yes...I do REALLY like Ferg as a fighter but I think his only shot is a flash KO or to daze him standing and then smother him for a KO or possibly a sub. We saw last fight that Johnson had Khabib in a bad spot on the feet but you better finish him before he gets his hands on you. Khabib's ability to get guys down and keep them down is unmatched. I don't think Ferg will be able to withstand the pressure.

firekillex

hugo

ferguson +1500 round 4
    ferguson +1900 round 5

Hugo de Naranja

hugo

ferguson +1500 round 4
    ferguson +1900 round 5
    Got both at the opener. Here's where I'm at so far. I may buy back a bit on Ferguson SNA since I'm looking to play line movement there.

Fight #9: Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson
    Ferguson Scorecards = No Action (-111) 7.77u to win 7u
    Ferguson (+155) 4u
    Ferguson Submission (+635) 2u
    Ferguson Split/Majority Decision (+1085) .5u
    Ferguson Round 4 (+1800) .5u
    Ferguson Round 5 (+2400) .5u

Hedge(s):
    Nurmagomedov Split/Majority Decision (+683) 1u

PaperTrail07

Your style is one of a kind HUGE LOL... Love the angles
    Got both at the opener. Here's where I'm at so far. I may buy back a bit on Ferguson SNA since I'm looking to play line movement there.

Ferguson (+155) 4u

Hedge(s):
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave PaperTrail07 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Your style is one of a kind HUGE LOL... Love the angles
    Congratulations for writing the 1000th reply on my thread Paper! Here are some BetPoints.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Man, I think Khabib is going to take this, but if not you're likely going to have a very profitable card!

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Man, I think Khabib is going to take this, but if not you're likely going to have a very profitable card!
    Definitely think Tony will it off but I can't blame anyone for backing Khabib.

Hugo de Naranja

Morales vs. Soukhamthath and Cooper vs. Calvillo added to UFC 209

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Ferguson (+155) 4u

Hedge(s):
    You've earned my respect Hugo!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hugo de Naranja

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    You've earned my respect Hugo!
    Glad to hear it
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Glad to hear it
    a long time ago..

Hugo de Naranja

Anyone known who is reffing the main and co-main?

Hugo de Naranja

Khabib actually reminds me a lot of Ronda Rousey. He is exceptional at one phase of the fight (getting takedowns and landing GnP) but has some flaws that have been exposed throughout his UFC career but have not yet cost him a victory. Also, like Rousey his standup is super unrefined, he just wings hooks and uppercuts from way outside. Despite his lack of technique, Khabib does have solid power and has scored knockdowns in multiple UFC fights. Ultimately, however, I think the holes in Khabib's game will be exposed when he fights Ferguson next weekend and he will get his first loss.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Khabib actually reminds me a lot of Ronda Rousey. He is exceptional at one phase of the fight (getting takedowns and landing GnP) but has some flaws that have been exposed throughout his UFC career but have not yet cost him a victory. Also, like Rousey his standup is super unrefined, he just wings hooks and uppercuts from way outside. Despite his lack of technique, Khabib does have solid power and has scored knockdowns in multiple UFC fights. Ultimately, however, I think the holes in Khabib's game will be exposed when he fights Ferguson next weekend and he will get his first loss.
    Whoa woe. No no. Nurm has way more skills than rousey. Don't like the comparison at all. Tho I do thnk price is a lil high

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    Whoa woe. No no. Nurm has way more skills than rousey. Don't like the comparison at all. Tho I do thnk price is a lil high
    I don't mean it as a slight. I just think both excel in one phase of the fight but aren't experts everywhere. Nurm has incredible takedowns, guard passing, GnP, and submissions. Both he and Rousey are not technical (they are powerful) on the feet and that combined with their depth of skill on the ground means that they really want to get the fight to the mat. Wouldn't you agree that both look uncomfortable in the standup and will struggle more often than not if they can't secure a takedown?

firekillex

cant really agree with that comparison, im on ferg still though hes definitely the more well rounded mixed martial artist theres 0 doubt about that in my mind...

ronda took over a division that was extremely shallow then got starched once some talent came in, she cant even take down top notch girls in the division now it looks like... i see your point on them both being one dimensional , but its a bit of a stretch since khabib has 20+ fights and is probably the most deep division in mma for men 155 lbs, plus he has wrestling which is much much better then judo in mma and he has some great ground and pound with top control and some submissions , ronda was basically just 1 takedown with the judo throw and had an armbar , so i guess you could say khabib is just a much better talent/ evolution from ronda if you want to say that?

but mma is definitely evolving , tony ferguson will soon be the norm and everybody will be well rounded in all areas, the intangibles will be the difference like his toughness, heart, cardio and fight IQ thats what will set apart the average to the champions , ronda was super tough and confident when she was starching girls but she fell apart when she lost, the best martial artists come back even stronger from defeat... lets see if khabib losses what hell do?

Hugo de Naranja

cant really agree with that comparison, im on ferg still though hes definitely the more well rounded mixed martial artist theres 0 doubt about that in my mind...

ronda took over a division that was extremely shallow then got starched once some talent came in, she cant even take down top notch girls in the division now it looks like... i see your point on them both being one dimensional , but its a bit of a stretch since khabib has 20+ fights and is probably the most deep division in mma for men 155 lbs, plus he has wrestling which is much much better then judo in mma and he has some great ground and pound with top control and some submissions , ronda was basically just 1 takedown with the judo throw and had an armbar , so i guess you could say khabib is just a much better talent/ evolution from ronda if you want to say that?

but mma is definitely evolving , tony ferguson will soon be the norm and everybody will be well rounded in all areas, the intangibles will be the difference like his toughness, heart, cardio and fight IQ thats what will set apart the average to the champions , ronda was super tough and confident when she was starching girls but she fell apart when she lost, the best martial artists come back even stronger from defeat... lets see if khabib losses what hell do?
    Yeah we'll have to see how Khabib handles adversity. I have a feeling that bully dynamic may be in play somewhat where if he doesn't get early takedowns he gets shook and loses confidence. Point taken about Khabib having more/better skills. Just watching extensive tape on both of them fighting on the feet made me notice that similarity. Look at any of Khabib's fights. He keeps a low any wide guard. When guys start throwing at him, he gets a very worried look on his face. When he looks to strike himself, he rarely uses setups and tends to wing bombs and leap in. I'm not saying this style isn't effective, I'm just noting that it's not the most technical.

firekillex

Hoping Ferguson will expose him anyway , he should be the first guy to either stop a takedown or at least be able to actually threaten off his back / the scrambles to get back on the feet , his kicks and unpredictablility can hopefully let him land a clean shot once Khabib gets tired and he'll get the finish late

one week away fingers crossed Khabib shows up
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First ... 26272829303132 ... Last