Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Ross Pearson does not have the skill set or tools to beat Masvidal.. NO WAY unless he lands a very lucky shot on the chin.. Extremely unlikely..

This is the one fight on this card that I'm absolutely loading up on for sure even at -210..

May take a second smaller bet prop with Masvidal by UN Decision as well.
    Fair enough. I guess I'm just not sold on Masvidal myself.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Graves should be at least -300. This line makes no sense to me. Also no way in hell robbie lawlor loses if it makes it to 4th or 5th round. Woodleys cardio really isn't that good at all.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Did Woodley and Lawler train together? I seem to remember them both fighting out of american top team.

Its surprising no ones mentioning that. Maybe they were never homeys & its irrelevent? Still its not everyday two guys from the same gym fight for the same belt.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Did Woodley and Lawler train together? I seem to remember them both fighting out of american top team.

Surprising no ones mentioning that.
    Lawler trains at the main camp in Florida and Woodley trains at a satellite camp in St. Louis so they are technically members of the same team but almost never train together.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Lawler trains at the main camp in Florida and Woodley trains at a satellite camp in St. Louis so they are technically members of the same team but almost never train together.
    Lawler said in an interview they've literally never sparred or done anything together once so, UFC hype machine obviously just saying they've been training partners to get more buys .. This will have nothing to do with the fight in any matter regardless , 5 days cannot wait didn't even know Ross Pearson was fighting masvidal to Pearson has been staying super active lately, he actually looked pretty solid in the loss against will brooks but masvidal will have the edge everywhere in this fight he should win a decision Ina closely contested fight that's mainly on the feet, masvidal has a little bit more diversity on the feet then Pearson but both are super tough I doubt we'll see a finish here

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

That could explain why Woodley hasn't looked too good at times.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Masvidal got screwed in his last fight when he clearly should have got the nod. Hopefully he does this time.

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Krylov is a STEAL IMO.....get it while its stil uder -200
    Gotta agree here... Herman is old school as they get..if you guys thought Melendez was past his prime look no further than Hermmy!

Ty$

Ross Pearson does not have the skill set or tools to beat Masvidal.. NO WAY unless he lands a very lucky shot on the chin.. Extremely unlikely..

This is the one fight on this card that I'm absolutely loading up on for sure even at -210..

Idk jibbs Masvidal jus seems to lose close fights w pressure fighters

Ty$

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Lawler said in an interview they've literally never sparred or done anything together once so, UFC hype machine obviously just saying they've been training partners to get more buys .. This will have nothing to do with the fight in any matter regardless , 5 days cannot wait didn't even know Ross Pearson was fighting masvidal to Pearson has been staying super active lately, he actually looked pretty solid in the loss against will brooks but masvidal will have the edge everywhere in this fight he should win a decision Ina closely contested fight that's mainly on the feet, masvidal has a little bit more diversity on the feet then Pearson but both are super tough I doubt we'll see a finish here
    Agree but I'm sure the over is not worth betting

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Masvidal got screwed in his last fight when he clearly should have got the nod. Hopefully he does this time.
    Agree completely. I was pissed as well as I felt I got robbed which I did with that fight.

Just for the record Lorenz Larkin would spank Ross Pearson if they ever matched up as well..... Ross is tough but he's too slow, muscular and mechanical.. No flow or reach with his striking..

Masvidal will make him a punching bag and pepper him in this fight..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    Idk jibbs Masvidal jus seems to lose close fights w pressure fighters
    I don't even think Ross can grind out a win in this fight if he only elects to make it dirty, grab and lock up against the cage..

Masvidal should be on a mission and just won't have any of that..... He's far more skilled standing or on ground.. Odds should be -600 or more IMO..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-25-16 at 08:14 PM.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

War masvidal!

Hugo de Naranja

I don't even think Ross can grind out a win in this fight if he only elects to grab and lock up against the cage..

Masvidal should be on a mission and just won't have any of that..... He's far more skilled standing or on ground.. Odds should be -600 or more IMO..
    (-600) or more...what!?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

(-600) or more...what!?
    Yep you read me right Hugster..

He's that much better the Ross Pearson.. Masvidal is as solid as they come.. He's been getting robbed lately but he has been turning up his activity and volume with every fight.. He's actually improving from what I've noticed even in his recent losses...

Ty$

Yep you read me right Hugster..

He's that much better the Ross Pearson.. Masvidal is as solid as they come.. He's been getting robbed lately but he has been turning up his activity and volume with every fight.. He's actually improving from what I've noticed even in his recent losses...
    It'll be a good fight ... Pearson at 170?

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    That could explain why Woodley hasn't looked too good at times.
    He'll look fukking good this Saturday night when he walks away with a New UFC Welterweight title, buddy.
    #TeamTyron

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Fight won't go 5 round distance at -215 and sprinkle in some prop bets. I like Lawler with his toughness and experience but T-Wood scares me with his explosiveness early in the fight.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Fight won't go 5 round distance at -215 and sprinkle in some prop bets. I like Lawler with his toughness and experience but T-Wood scares me with his explosiveness early in the fight.
    I actually see this playing out somewhat like JJ v. Gadelha II. Woodley winning round 1, possibly round 2 and having Lawler hurt early. Then, Woodley gassing out and Lawler winning the last few rounds in dominant fashion or getting a late finish. Lawler might be worth a live bet after round 1, assuming the fight's still going.

Ty$

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    He'll look fukking good this Saturday night when he walks away with a New UFC Welterweight title, buddy.
    #TeamTyron
    All I can see in Nate Marqurdt landing possibly the best combo I've ever seen on woodleys face... Ruthless by nasty KO!!

firekillex

(-600) or more...what!?
    -600 is a little over exaggerating lmao that would be a proababiltiy of 85% which I wouldn't even lay unless it was masvidal against a regional show fighter , Ross Pearson is tough as nails and is always dangerous these odds are fair I'd max masvidal at -300 maximum because of the size advantage , masvidal will win imo but watch it'll be a closely contested fight masvidal doesn't mind getting in brawls and neither does Ross Pearson , especially because masvidal will probably win round 1 then start coasting like he seems to do you'd have to be crazy to think he would be -600 against anybody

also im assuming this is 155 fight masvidal is a true lightweight he just moved up to welterweight to get fights kinda like cerrones case, Ross Pearson tried featherweight and came back up to lightweight , dudes been fighting like monthly lately to which could benefit him or maybe overtraining could be a factor.. Probably just put masvidal in some parlays don't trust him enough for a big play especially decisions and I see this going that direction, if odds are juicy enough masvidal by decision could have value but tread carefully would need to be + money anything over +115

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Pretty decent value 5 rounds is a ton of time , lawler has been going to the judges lately but I see this one ending before the final bell , especially because if Woodley wins it would most likely be by finish so you cover both sides, and I don't see Woodley lasting 5 with his gas tank unless he tries to play this fight super safe, I think he actually may come out super tentative in the first and try to give lawler some different looks then round 2 the action will start a bit then he'll slowly fade in the middle of the 3rd get finished end of 3rd or early 4th by tko

ufcfan2016
    ufcfan2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

Matt Brown might get grounded and held down against Ellenberger.. Perhaps even sub'd out....Matt Brown has struggled against strong wrestlers in the past just saying..

Both fighters changed camps recently so who knows what we see in this fight????
    I don't see ellenger using his wrestling here and even if he does he will gas between round 1 and 2, big chance brown swarms him on the first minute or so

ufcfan2016

Krylov isn't a steal lol, I looked into this more, Herman old as fuckk but is still more rounded then krylov, krylov is still very green and he will most likely be hugged up against the cage and if taken down is still very raw, bet with caution here,

ufcfan2016

All I can see in Nate Marqurdt landing possibly the best combo I've ever seen on woodleys face... Ruthless by nasty KO!!
    Nate was on trt

Ty$

Quote Originally Posted by ufcfan2016 View Post
    Nate was on trt
    Hahaha it was EPIC... And had 10 years mma experience on him so...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ufcfan2016 View Post
    I don't see ellenger using his wrestling here and even if he does he will gas between round 1 and 2, big chance brown swarms him on the first minute or so
    I do see Jake using his wrestling and I'll tell you why..

1) We all saw how quick Matt Brown was taken down round after round, controlled on the ground and eventually sub'd out by Damian Maia (my boy) in his last fight loss.. I'm sure Jake watched the film..

2) Matt Browns strength is in his stand up and his weakness is in his wrestling.. That is common knowledge.. Jake just happens to be pretty good wrestler, with good jits and several sub wins on his record.. Jake Ellenbergers last win was against KOS and by submission.. He's got 6 ko's and 6 Sub wins on his record and is no stranger to the ground.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jake-Ellenberger-13068

3) Jake is 31 years old and Matt Brown is 35, Jake has the new camp now and it's now or never for him in the UFC.. I think he will take this fight to the ground and try and control Brown just like Maia did..

4) The blue print to beat Matt Brown is on the ground and not standing.. Thinking Jake understands this and we may just see the best Jake we've seen in a long time with the new camp, fresh start and new training..

Bottom line though Matt Brown standing could knock out Jake Ellenberger in this fight, I'm not saying that can't happen.. Gonna hedge it myself..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-26-16 at 12:10 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I do see Jake using his wrestling and I'll tell you why..

1) We all saw how quick Matt Brown was taken down round after round, controlled on the ground and eventually sub'd out by Damian Maia (my boy) in his last fight loss.. I'm sure Jake watched the film..

2) Matt Browns strength is in his stand up and his weakness is in his wrestling.. That is common knowledge.. Jake just happens to be pretty good wrestler, with good jits and several sub wins on his record.. Jake Ellenbergers last win was against KOS and by submission.. He's got 6 ko's and 6 Sub wins on his record and is no stranger to the ground.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jake-Ellenberger-13068

3) Jake is 31 years old and Matt Brown is 35, Jake has the new camp now and it's now or never for him in the UFC.. I think he will take this fight to the ground and try and control Brown just like Maia did..

4) The blue print to beat Matt Brown is on the ground and not standing.. Thinking Jake understands this and we may just see the best Jake we've seen in a long time with the new camp, fresh start and new training..

Bottom line though Matt Brown standing could knock out Jake Ellenberger in this fight, I'm not saying that can't happen.. Gonna hedge it myself..
    I think this is partially true. I actually believe Ellenberger has found a home at kings MMA. Matt brown can be get taken down and controlled, so ellenberger can win a dec then? Not so fast. Have you seen the fight with a roided up hendricks, we can say that know, he was. Matt Brown scramble back very fast with hendricks first two takedowns in round 1 and he also get up quite fast after the third. But if hes able to just go for takedowns repeatedly, lets say 4 or 5 in a row, you can kind of brake matt browns spirit a little.

But Matt brown just lost do demian maia, which is very very good when it comes to taking people down. And also, Matt brown has now been controlled and experienced the hendrick loss, which means that fight its a part of his experience. Its hard for elleneberger to employ hendricks gameplan and actually win. Its a bit like barboza..he lost two times getting pressured, then when ferguson empolyed the same gameplan for the third time and we saw it wasnt as easy as to pressure barboza. Barboza understood that he had a weakness and then developed. However, I think Ellenberger is more likely to get a dec win than a TKO victory. Lets face it, very few people can stop matt brown on the feet.

10 min into this podcast Brown addresses many of those concerns matt brown backers have related to this matchup, ellenbergers potential wrestling based gameplan, last fight desperation tactics etc. http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/matt-b...-over-woodley/
    Last edited by bjpenn85; 07-26-16 at 04:23 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

firekillex

Ellenbergers wrestling is being vastly overrated in here , guy has 0 wrestling credentials , has landed only 51% of his takedowns in the UFC mostly all against the low competition he faced early, he is 1-6 on takedowns in his last 7 fights.... If he couldn't take down tarec safedine who he clearly knew is a striker why wouldn't he try to take him down ??? Ellenbergers had some super tough competition but he hasn't looked good at all, I doubt he just spams takedowns all fight either hell maybe get one Ina wild exchange but Browns guard is still solid and ellenbergers is no Maia he won't be able to just sit on his back for 3 rounds ... His last relevant win was 2012 which seems like eternity , literally used to be a beast either the fights caught up to him or he got off the Mexican supplements imo doesn't even look like the same fighter just a shell of his former self . That gastelum fight really put the nail in the coffin for me , he gets one second of a bad situation and his mind is out of things , says changing camps every fight will help but that's what every fighter on there last leg says .. And kings just had 2 champions where are they now ? (Werdum,rda)

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Michael Graves and Brian Ortega are brothers or what? Man they look-a-likes.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

100% agree...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Full length Face to Face Interview (6 weeks ago) with Robbie Lawler & Tyron Woodley ahead of their UFC Welterweight Title fight at UFC 201.

- On the first episode of Tyron Woodley's Champ Camp. Tyron prepares for Ruthless Robbie Lawler, enjoys some family time and takes the camera behind the scenes while he has a talk with Eric Thomas. Zak Cummings stops by to hep prepare while UFC embedded records.

- On the second episode of Tyron Woodley's Champ Camp. Tyron trains at the Roufusport headquarters in preparation for the UFC title fight July 30th. Follow Tyron as he takes you behind the scenes to see his strength and conditioning, sparring, game plan, mitt work and much more.

- Robin Black is here to breakdown the welterweight championship main event of UFC 201, Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley.

- No. 1 welterweight contender Tyron Woodley takes you back to where he grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and talks about how he got out of a life of gang violence and onto a better path.

- Dan Hardy and John Gooden go in-depth as they analyze the welterweight title matchup between Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley.

- John Ramdeen and Robin Black preview UFC 201 where welterweight champion Robbie Lawler defends his title against Tyron Woodley on this segment of 5 Rounds.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-26-16 at 11:30 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Thanks for all the vids Thrilla!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Different Woodley today.. Was a nasty KO though

Only KO Twood ever suffered and that happened nearly 5 years ago.. Nate the Great was jacked like UFCFAN mentioned.. Peaking back then as well..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Different Woodley today.. Was a nasty KO though

Only KO Twood ever suffered and that happened nearly 5 years ago.. Nate the Great was jacked like UFCFAN mentioned.. Peaking back then as well..
    The loss helped him in his UFC debut the fight after. It made him better. https://youtu.be/J4PPj2Mkcsw?t=19m20s
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-26-16 at 12:46 PM.

First 123456 ... Last