pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The new group needs to hire new fighters that don't flop. Most of the fights are boring.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    You would know what a good investment is with your Trump (businessman) avatar and impressive betpoints after 9 years of SBR. thx for telling us.
    UFC will not grow with any significance after this sale. You actually think it will grow bigger than 4 billion? You ok?

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    UFC took on wrestling and boxing in PPV and came out on top.

Wrestling is dead (lowest TV ratings they have ever had) and boxing is still in the gutter too.

I think UFC will continue as a dominant force.
    WWE product is stale. WCW brought out the best in WWE. Without competition, it is just not the same anymore.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

we've talked about this in another thread before. with way less than 4 billion, the investors could've started a new organization to compete with ufc or buy out one of the smaller ones and get the top fighters. i think these investors didn't want to do any work and wanted a finished product.

personally, i would like to have seen these investors buy out bellator for way cheaper then pay the fighters a little more while giving them the freedom to get sponsored. this would be a win win for the mma community but ufc is virtually a monopoly and they'll do whatever they please. and in the end, the fighters are the ones that lost. now that these investors paid 4 billion, they're gonna want their money plus profit. so there goes the idea of paying the fighters more money...
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Ghenghis Kahn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

big risk

I bet they never get money back

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Has been for years
    has not been 100% real since the 90s
    they changed the laws if you recall.

now if we could only get boxing to get its act together
    and consolidate the belts
    maybe there will be fights worth seeing again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    UFC will not grow with any significance after this sale. You actually think it will grow bigger than 4 billion? You ok?
    UFC is still un tapped and full of potential and growth..

I think changes are needed and if run correctly it will absolutley grow.. I don't see why not? UFC is huge now and that's why it sold for 4 billion..

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Keep your dirty fingers away from my raiders Lorenzo and frank fertitta

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

dam what a deal

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    we've talked about this in another thread before. with way less than 4 billion, the investors could've started a new organization to compete with ufc or buy out one of the smaller ones and get the top fighters. i think these investors didn't want to do any work and wanted a finished product.

personally, i would like to have seen these investors buy out bellator for way cheaper then pay the fighters a little more while giving them the freedom to get sponsored. this would be a win win for the mma community but ufc is virtually a monopoly and they'll do whatever they please. and in the end, the fighters are the ones that lost. now that these investors paid 4 billion, they're gonna want their money plus profit. so there goes the idea of paying the fighters more money...
    Yeah and they would have gotten a fighting chance since Zuffa seems determined to keep fighter pay low.
    But yea is way too much like what the hell ufc makes like 100 million a year if i recall correctly, is gonna take them at least 30 years to get their money back and by that time i bet the fighters will have some sort of union.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Barbaric sport.

Shouldn't even be in existence.

Do these guys all want brain damage?

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

wish ufc could somehow find a way to incorporate a royal rumble. have a new fighter come out every three minutes. shit would be chaotic but fun as hell to watch.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Classic dump and release move a by smart investor. UFC has peaked. It doesn't the have caliber fighters it had in the early years. It's best years are behind them just like boxing.

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Classic dump and release move a by smart investor. UFC has peaked. It doesn't the have caliber fighters it had in the early years. It's best years are behind them just like boxing.
    I think their golden era of paying fighters penuts is about to end.

Soon big stars will demand 7-12 mil a fight and it will eat their profit. Right now their payroll is under 4mil a pay per view lmfao.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by iceman02 View Post
    I think their golden era of paying fighters penuts is about to end.

Soon big stars will demand 7-12 mil a fight and it will eat their profit. Right now their payroll is under 4mil a pay per view lmfao.
    they can demand all they want, they won't get paid. investors will get theirs before anything else. you think these investors put 4 billion to pay the fighters? they couldn't care less about the fighters. they care about making their own pockets fat.

so tell me, how long do you think it's gonna take to recoup 4 billion?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    Yeah and they would have gotten a fighting chance since Zuffa seems determined to keep fighter pay low.
    But yea is way too much like what the hell ufc makes like 100 million a year if i recall correctly, is gonna take them at least 30 years to get their money back and by that time i bet the fighters will have some sort of union.
    They made $600 million last year, $450 million the year before. The TV deal is up in 2018. They will make a boatload negotiating that. The volatility comes in the injuries/weak cards. They need to shit can TUF and come up with something fresh.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I agree! Huge TV deals and Reebok sponsorships will keep the ship afloat for another couple of years. Steep decline after that. And this is BEFORE fighters get their ...t together and campaign for reasonable pay.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- John Pollock, John Ramdeen and Robin Black discuss WME-IMG buying UFC for $4 billion; Lorenzo Fertitta stepping down from day-to day operations; Dana White to stay on as president; what this means to the company on Fight News Now.

- Before fighting on the first card under the new ownership, UFC Fight Night 91 fighters shared their thoughts on the news
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-12-16 at 05:10 PM.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave steve18 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Dana 2001

Kid has grown up!

Name:  CnGlINOVMAArTJq.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  42.9 KB

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    They made $600 million last year, $450 million the year before. The TV deal is up in 2018. They will make a boatload negotiating that. The volatility comes in the injuries/weak cards. They need to shit can TUF and come up with something fresh.
    Thats revenue not profit, if they did profit 600 million it would be dumb to sell, because they would make that in 6 or 7 years.
    I'm guessing the buyers think the UFC is gonna be like the WWE and just last for decades, which i guess is not that far fetched, they just have to pray no serious competitor emerges.

jjgold

I'll admit I have been watching more of the sport because all you guys talk about it I hope it turns into a good investment we need some more stars in the sport and unique characters

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Cant remember who said it but u got a basketball game on one corner a baseball game on the other. A football game on the other and a fist fight on the other. You gravitate to the fistfight no contest. Fighting will always trump anything else if it is run right. Ufc has been run about as good as ya can.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good point about wrestling it's dead and boxing is just about hanging on
    Definitely RIP. But what a great watch on Sat mornings in the 80s. No more Pipers or the guy to the left.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I'll admit I have been watching more of the sport because all you guys talk about it I hope it turns into a good investment we need some more stars in the sport and unique characters
    Its rare because of the nature of the sport. People that fight do not have personalities and/or intention to sell the fight. If you need that promo shit watch Hulk Hogan. Fighters that are good talkers/sellers are rare. You have a vegetable like Nate Diaz talking. The guy sounds like hes been inhaling deodorant daily for the past 8 years.

jjgold

UFC has lost 1/8 of value since sale

First 12