JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Rani Yahya I think sucks, terrible cardio, standup is garbage, but the one thing he does have going for him is his above average takedowns and an elite ground game..

Every time I watch Rani fight I think he's losing but somehow he pulls off the win and usually by ground control.. He's like a very bad version of Demian Maia in a sense...

Mathew Lopez is a wrestling based fighter and probably won't be easily taken down.. He's a high paced fighter, good cardio, standing he can get it done and seems well versed on the ground and especially with his chokes and wrestling base.. Doubt he will get a choke against Rani and or mess around with him on the ground much in this fight.... Lopez is undefeated at 8-0 and this is his UFC debut - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Matthew-Lopez-136139

What sticks out to me is that I'm convinced he's better standing then Roni and has better cardio.. Lopez just needs to keep the fight standing and avoid the submissions which I think he will do.. Liking Lopez in this one..

This is Mathew Lopez in a nut shell in the below vids - This was his big fight win below that got him to the UFC... Fast forward to the half way mark of the vid and the fight will start..

His story...

$230.00 $200.00 Pending 7/13/16 7:00pm UFC Fighting 2001 Matthew Lopez -115* vs Rani Yahya
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-12-16 at 03:23 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep McDonald vs Lineker is a damn tough fight to nail down..

Lineker very well can rock McDonald standing then take the back and get the choke out, McDonald can maybe light up Lineker standing and at distance, mix in take downs while winning on points round to round is a possibility as well.. The height and reach difference could play a factor as well.

Just a good fight matchup period and looking forward to seeing how it plays out!!!
    exactly jibby , it's basically a toss up fight both exciting tough strikers then have huge power, I give the technical advantage to McDonald and the chin to lineker ... Lineker looks like he'd have more power but I'd put them almost tied in that aspect... Lineker tends to gas latter in fights where McDonald doesn't but at 135 his last fight 3 rounds mind you linekers cardio looked better .. But that fight he didn't impress me to much basically just comes in swinging wild punches over and over again I don't see that strategy working on McDonald.... Either way it's basically a war 50/50 type fight .. Dog or pass and I like my dogs so let's bark
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- Matt Lopez makes his UFC debut at Fight Night Sioux Falls. Lopez will take on Rani Yahya in the UFC FIGHT PASS headlining event on Wednesday, July 13.

- Matthew Lopez (8-0-0) discusses his UFC debut against Rani Yahya (21-8-0)

- Matthew Lopez vs Eli Finn (RFA37 2016.04.15)

- Matthew Lopez vs Devin Turner (RFA25 2015.04.10)

Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight"
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-12-16 at 01:32 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Jump on Lauren Murphy. I think this should be a fight she can coast in. Chookagian is making her dbut and not big & strong enough to deal with Murphy and Murphy is a hard nosed gritty fighter.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    Jump on Lauren Murphy. I think this should be a fight she can coast in. Chookagian is making her dbut and not big & strong enough to deal with Murphy and Murphy is a hard nosed gritty fighter.
    Yep I'm on Murph too.. Agreed... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lauren-Murphy-66725

Question is do you take Murphy by KO or Decision?.. Her opponent likes to go to decisions alot.. Murphy can knock her head off though maybe..

1611 Murphy wins by 3 round decision
    +115

1633 Murphy wins by TKO/KO
    +400
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-12-16 at 03:41 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

Noticed the line movement, I even jumped in late at -115 the other day.. Opening line was a dog play but who knew the line would move like this? After all Roni is a seasoned UFC vet and Lopez is a relatively unknown undefeated fighter in his first UFC fight..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Noticed the line movement, I even jumped in late at -115 the other day.. Opening line was a dog play but who knew the line would move like this? After all Roni is a seasoned UFC vet and Lopez is a relatively unknown undefeated fighter in his first UFC fight..
    Matt Serra says @ the end of "Episode 6 of Dana White Looking for a Fight" which I posted in the MMA news thread how calm Matthew Lopez is during his RFA37 fight recently vs Eli Finn. (fightvideo posted above). Think it's a characteristic worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-12-16 at 12:44 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Matt Serra says @ the end of "Episode 6 of Dana White Looking for Fight" wich I posted in the MMA news thread how calm Matthew Lopez is during his RFA37 fight recently vs Eli Finn. (fightvideo posted above). Think it's a characteristic worth mentioning.
    Well the guy is well spoken and a cerebral thinking fighter for the most part so that's not surprising to see.. Certainly a plus going into your first UFC fight under the big lights..

Rani is a sleepy fighter himself, extremely calm and never jacked up, but to his credit he is a surviver.. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lopez win a decision here..

I saw this decision prop and saw a bit of value in these odds.. Hit it for a 50 spot to go along with my straight play.. UD might be the call but that prop isn't out and not sure it will come out so I just took this..

$50.00 $140.00 Pending 7/13/16 7:00pm MMA Props Fighting 2007 Lopez wins by 3 round decision +280* vs Not Lopez by 3 round decision

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Yep McDonald vs Lineker is a damn tough fight to nail down..

Lineker very well can rock McDonald standing then take the back and get the choke out, McDonald can maybe light up Lineker standing and at distance, mix in take downs while winning on points round to round is a possibility as well.. The height and reach difference could play a factor as well.

Just a good fight matchup period and looking forward to seeing how it plays out!!!
    Definitely excited for this main event more than I was for a lot of UFC 200 bouts. Lineker gives up a lot of height and reach to everyone he fights and is doesn't seem to be a big problem.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Well the guy is well spoken and a cerebral thinking fighter for the most part so that's not surprising to see.. Certainly a plus going into your first UFC fight under the big lights..

Rani is a sleepy fighter himself, extremely calm and never jacked up, but to his credit he is a surviver.. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lopez win a decision here..

I saw this decision prop and saw a bit of value in these odds.. Hit it for a 50 spot to go along with my straight play.. UD might be the call but that prop isn't out and not sure it will come out so I just took this..

$50.00 $140.00 Pending 7/13/16 7:00pm MMA Props Fighting 2007 Lopez wins by 3 round decision +280* vs Not Lopez by 3 round decision
    5Ds only posts UD props for main events and title fights. Not sure about other books.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Definitely excited for this main event more than I was for a lot of UFC 200 bouts. Lineker gives up a lot of height and reach to everyone he fights and is doesn't seem to be a big problem.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yep I'm on Murph too.. Agreed... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lauren-Murphy-66725

Question is do you take Murphy by KO or Decision?.. Her opponent likes to go to decisions alot.. Murphy can knock her head off though maybe..

1611 Murphy wins by 3 round decision
    +115

1633 Murphy wins by TKO/KO
    +400
    I edited this post and decided to bump.. Still trying to iron out a prop play here.. You guys think Murphy has a shot at the KO?

Hugo de Naranja

What do you guys think about Alvey KO/TKO (+155)?

Hugo de Naranja

I edited this post and decided to pump.. You guys think Murphy has a shot at the KO?
    I think Murphy KO/TKO and Murphy Round 1 (+625) both have value. Chookagian is a slow starter and Murphy has good power. Not sure if I'd play Murphy ML since she has some major flaws (i.e. she gets hit a ton).
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 07-12-16 at 03:50 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What do you guys think about Alvey KO/TKO (+155)?
    His most likely pathway to victory for sure.. I highly doubt Sam Alvey wins by decision or Submission in this fight...

I hedged with that KO prop myself..

$140.00 $217.00 Pending 7/13/16 8:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1733 Alvey wins by TKO/KO +155* vs Any other result

$190.00 $408.50 Pending 7/13/16 8:30pm UFC Fighting 1701 Eric Spicely +215* vs Sam Alvey
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-12-16 at 03:58 PM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Paul Shaughnessy (@PaulShag) and Cody Saftic (@CJSaftic) break down UFC Fight Night Sioux Falls.

- John Ramdeen and Robin Black preview UFC Fight Night Sioux Falls on Fight News Now.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-12-16 at 05:00 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm starting to think there might be value in the 1.5 under.. Both these guys are very capable of finishing the fight early. Lineker even more so... Might use this as a sort of hedge play against my McDonald straight..

UFC Fight Night 91 - Bantamweight 5 rounds - Denny Sanford Premier Center - Sioux Falls, South Dakota - FS1
    Wed 7/13 1001 Michael McDonald +145 o1½ -160
    11:59PM 1002 John Lineker -165 u1½ +140

Hugo de Naranja

I'm starting to think there might be value in the 1.5 under.. Both these guys are very capable of finishing the fight early. Lineker even more so... Might use this as a sort of hedge play against my McDonald straight..

UFC Fight Night 91 - Bantamweight 5 rounds - Denny Sanford Premier Center - Sioux Falls, South Dakota - FS1
    Wed 7/13 1001 Michael McDonald +145 o1½ -160
    11:59PM 1002 John Lineker -165 u1½ +140
    Both super tough with good chins, not sure about this one.

Hugo de Naranja

Oliynyk Sub (+165) also looks good. His opponent has struggled with grapplers and he has 41 career sub wins
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Both super tough with good chins, not sure about this one.
    Maybe... Both hit hard as hell though and Lineker is quick to sub out his opponents when he gets them hurt...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

why is smiling sam pulled off the betting card. atleast on heritage he is

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oliynyk Sub (+165) also looks good. His opponent has struggled with grapplers and he has 41 career sub wins

Was watching film today and was gonna tell everybody the same thing haha .. Dude has 80% submission rate in 50 wins.... Crazy stat and he's finished some pretty tough guys at that, only problem is he's coming off 2 knee surgeries and a long layoff but he definitely has the experience +165 for a guy who subs his opponent 80% of the time it's worth a small shot in the dark definitely even though its heavyweight and a knock out could happen any second I like the odds

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Was watching film today and was gonna tell everybody the same thing haha .. Dude has 80% submission rate in 50 wins.... Crazy stat and he's finished some pretty tough guys at that, only problem is he's coming off 2 knee surgeries and a long layoff but he definitely has the experience +165 for a guy who subs his opponent 80% of the time it's worth a small shot in the dark definitely even though its heavyweight and a knock out could happen any second I like the odds
    Definitely good information. I'm usually not too concerned about guys coming off layoffs unless they come back way worse in their next fight. For instance, Mcdonald took 2 years off after getting crushed by Faber and then looked terrible against Kanehara.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

All this hype behind Lopez but he's faced NOBODIES. His grappling is nowhere near Yahya's and Lopez's standup can't be that great if he's getting all these sub finishes against trash fighters.

ufcfan2016
    ufcfan2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    All this hype behind Lopez but he's faced NOBODIES. His grappling is nowhere near Yahya's and Lopez's standup can't be that great if he's getting all these sub finishes against trash fighters.
    yahya stand up is actually underrated,

i believe he going to mix it up with the takedowns and grind out for a decision.

take the + money on the exp fighter
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave ufcfan2016 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by ufcfan2016 View Post
    yahya stand up is actually underrated,

i believe he going to mix it up with the takedowns and grind out for a decision.

take the + money on the exp fighter
    I've bet against every guy coming off of "Lookin' for a Fight" and almost all of them have lost

Hugo de Naranja

I also like Alex Nicholson ITD (+400) and Scorecards = NA (+195)

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I've bet against every guy coming off of "Lookin' for a Fight" and almost all of them have lost
    only one I remember winning was Randy Brown who got a gift draw against the hapless Matt Dwyer. Couldn't do anything except play to Brown's strengths

valueguyman
    valueguyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I also like Alex Nicholson ITD (+400) and Scorecards = NA (+195)
    in on Nicholson ko/tko at +450.. only 1.5 units because the post writeup covers the most likely outcome which is clark by wrestling g&p decision. but Nicholsons has heart... he knocked out and took a lot of shots from some top regional florida heavyweights and even a hw fighter who just signed with UFC.. Yea he lost to Cirkunov at lhw but tbh I think Cirkunov can beat most top 10 ranked LHWs.. Nicholson at middleweight should mean Clark isn't going to KO him so its either Clark submission or Clark decision.. Nicholson is a striker so very unlikely he submits and since Clark is the hometown boy I wouldn't lean towards Nicholson winning a decision so only option is Nicholson by KO/TKO which is very possible considering hes taken out quite a few HWs.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    only one I remember winning was Randy Brown who got a gift draw against the hapless Matt Dwyer. Couldn't do anything except play to Brown's strengths
    Agreed. The last one I remember off of Lookin for a Fight was East I think, the rapist, and he got taxed. I also am not a proponent of a undefeated fighter coming from a local circuit to the big show against a seasoned vet. I will lean those 9 times out of 10.

Lets get this money fellas. I hope this card saves from the lackluster 200.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^I suggest you guys take a closer look at Rani Yahya's last fight.. He got a gift from the judges with Kanhara whom is a questionable Asian bum that lost 2 of 3 in the UFC now.... I think this Lopez kid could beat Kanhara with no doubts..

Rani gasses extremely fast when he can't get the take downs or finish the fight within the first round.. This unknown kid Lopez can wrestle. He brings a fast pace and cardio to the table in this fight which Rani does not.. He ain't gonna get knocked out standing by Yahya. Rani has 0 KO's in 29 pro fights.. His decisions are 5-5 with most of those decision wins coming years ago and or by gift from the judges. Look for yourself as numbers don't lie http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rani-Yahya-10425

Good luck Tpow and UFCfan boy betting on Rani Yahya as the guy shouldn't even be in the UFC IMO.. He sucks standing and is a one trick pony..... Let's just say Jibs warned ya..

I'm actually worried Lopez might KO him.. I'm hoping it goes to decision though..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

- Rani Yahya vs Masanori Kanehara (UFC Fight Night71 2015.07.15)

http://video.fight4free.com/mux/yaha...6f786dsf87.m4v

- Rani Yahya vs Johnny Bedford (UFC Fight Night51 2014.09.13)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- Rani Yahya vs Tom Niinimaki (The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale 2013.11.30)
    Last edited by Thrilla; 07-13-16 at 12:26 AM.

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Quote Originally Posted by valueguyman View Post
    in on Nicholson ko/tko at +450.. only 1.5 units because the post writeup covers the most likely outcome which is clark by wrestling g&p decision. but Nicholsons has heart... he knocked out and took a lot of shots from some top regional florida heavyweights and even a hw fighter who just signed with UFC.. Yea he lost to Cirkunov at lhw but tbh I think Cirkunov can beat most top 10 ranked LHWs.. Nicholson at middleweight should mean Clark isn't going to KO him so its either Clark submission or Clark decision.. Nicholson is a striker so very unlikely he submits and since Clark is the hometown boy I wouldn't lean towards Nicholson winning a decision so only option is Nicholson by KO/TKO which is very possible considering hes taken out quite a few HWs.
    Clarks wrestling should cruise him to an easy decision.

First 12345 ... Last