JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'm betting on Young Anderson Silva "Uriah Hall" +100 to defeat Old Anderson Silva "Anderson Silva".
    I'm just wondering if I want to take Hall by KO at +300 as well?

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

I like Werdum at -150. Guy has been on a tear, has all 3 paths to victory and the support of the home crowd

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I'm leaning Hall or no bet but I do have Hall in a couple Parlays. Hall doesn't like to be pressured and Anderson will not pressure him. This will be 2 dynamic strikers throwing their techniques. I think Hall is the faster and more explosive fighter at this point. I don't see this fight hitting the ground either. Bisping rocked Anderson. If Hall clips him it could spell the end. Hopefully Hall doesn't get caught up in the antics cause I can see Anderson clowning again and Hall gets emotional.
    This is why i can't touch Hall in this fight. He might hurt Silva and stop fighting and start rubbing the place he hit Anderson. He might have to much respect for Silva and be awe struck. Maybe try to high five him and get knocked out himself.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    This is why i can't touch Hall in this fight. He might hurt Silva and stop fighting and start rubbing the place he hit Anderson. He might have to much respect for Silva and be awe struck. Maybe try to high five him and get knocked out himself.
    Thor I was listening to Hall during the Countdown show and he does seem to have a little too much respect for Anderson. Hall is a little odd with his mentality. Hopefully he can get loose and just do his thing.
    Last edited by CaptChaos145; 05-09-16 at 10:02 PM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Taking: Werdum, Alves, Cyborg

Until he gets dethroned, gotta take the champion to successfully defend his belt. He's fought all the big fights and won them. I feel Miocic isn't on that level yet. Werdum has beaten the best of the best, obviously big names like Cain and Fedor comes to mind. Werdum has elite BJJ and has more ways to win with his greatly improved striking. Getting the champ at the -150 range is a steal. I have him capped at least -250.

Alves is a beast, and has quality wins over veterans like Alan Jouban and Nordine Taleb. He should be given a top 10 opponent if/after he beats Barberena, whom is fighting back-to-back undefeated opponents. Seems like he was meant to be a stepping stone. He crashed the party last time, don't think he'll do it here.

Expect Cyborg to make a big splash in her UFC debut. ITD is inevitable. Total mismatch. Won't last a minute, let alone a round.

Leans: Jacare, C. Anderson, Maia

Jacare has more ways to win and I think he'll be able to put Belfort on his back throughout the fight and possibly get a submission win. Being off the TRT will not help him anymore. His last 2 wins were both vs an old / washed up, Hendo (45). Just a lean as of now, but I am certain I will play Jacare SU + parlays.

Banking on the younger talent to gain the advantage over a worn-n-torn Shogun. Beastin' only loss was a KO from the hands of Gian Villante in a 3 rounder. I don't think Shogun has the gas tank and physicality to keep up. This probably won't be a big play, but I expect a dominating fight and a long overdue win via TKO/KO for Anderson.

Tailing Jibbby's avatar. Despite his age (38), he's beaten solid competition in their primes Gunnar, Magny, LaFlare. There's no denying Maia and no reason to shy away from this fight vs a mediocre Matt Brown. Of Brown's 13 total losses, 9 came by submission. Add another one to make it 10.

Staying away from Uriah Hall vs The Spider. It's amazing how it's been nearly 4 years since the legend, Silva earned a victory. I want to take Hall, but with the fight being in Brazil, I don't have a good feeling about this outcome. If I had to make a play, I'd go with Hall. Okay, maybe a small play wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Unwritten Law; 05-10-16 at 12:29 AM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Unwritten Law 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm just wondering if I want to take Hall by KO at +300 as well?
    The straight up bet seems like the safer bet. They are fighting in Brazil and certain fighters on a losing streak tend to be defensive to a decision.
    Last edited by GunShard; 05-10-16 at 06:12 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The straight up bet seems like the safer bet. They are fighting in Brazil and certain fighters on a losing streak tend to be defensive to a decision.
    If Anderson Silva gets touched on the chin I think he's going to sleep.. He's fighting a guy in Hall that is capable of hitting Anderson Silva in the mouth... We've seen Anderson Silva getting rocked in recent fights and or KO'd more and more often now.. His chin is going...

I don't think Anderson Silva can stick and move for the entire fight either as he's getting older and slower, so at some point I think he gets caught with something.. Maybe late in the fight..

I also don't buy into Hall holding back on Anderson Silva with heart string emotions either.. Hall will bring it as he's coming off a loss and needs this win badly..

Too many people are buying into that Anderson Silva kiss ass stuff that they saw on the UFC show.. Hall was just being nice towards AS that's all. When the cage door closes he won't be so nice trust me..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

A couple of 2 team dog prop parlays that I think will hit.. Enjoy and you're welcome.. One of these babies should hit for $250.

I'm getting creative with this card and mixing it up a bit..

$50.00 $250.00 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 5/14/16 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1121 Souza wins in round 1 +140* vs Any other result
    Pending 5/14/16 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1531 Maia wins by submission +150* vs Any other result

$50.00 $254.60 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 5/14/16 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1109 Souza wins inside distance -178* vs Not Souza inside distance
    Pending 5/14/16 11:00pm MMA Props Fighting 1205 Hall wins inside distance +290* vs Not Hall inside distance

- Souza is gonna blast thru Vitor with a sub win in the 1st..

- DM is gonna have no problem taking down Matt Brown and then working his way to a rear naked choke out...

- Hall is gonna tap that weak ass chin at some point in the fight and put the itsy bitsy Spider to sleep..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

You fight these brazilians in Brazil, you better bring a fukking army.
    #WARSILVA #WARWERDUM

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I think the best bet on the card is the Cyborg fight under 1.5 rounds -250. Pure parlay action on that f ucker.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Write ups coming in -- MMAmania

UFC 198 predictions: 'Werdum vs Miocic' Fight Pass 'Prelims' undercard preview, Pt. 1

By Patrick L. Stumberg on May 9, 2016, 10:00p 18
    Jason Silva-USA TODAY Sports

205 lbs.: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Patrick Cummins

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira's (21-7) surprise upset of Rashad Evans gave way not to a resurgence, but to one of the most brutal knockout losses in recent memory, a 44-second mauling from Anthony Johnson. He returned to action one year later against rival Mauricio Runa, whom Nogueira rocked early before "Shogun" took control with his wrestling.
    "Minotouro" has knocked out and submitted six opponents apiece.
    Patrick Cummins (8-3) put his disastrous debut loss to Daniel Cormier behind him with three straight wins, including a decision over world-class Brazilian jiu-jitsu player Antonio Carlos Jr. He's since gone 1-2, a beatdown of Rafael "Feijao" sandwiched between knockout losses to Ovince Saint Preux and Glover Teixeira.
    "Durkin" scored stoppages in six of his eight victories.
    He's not the physical ruin his brother is, but it's hard to deny that the game has passed by "Little Nog." Though he's still got some sneaky power in his hands and is fairly durable when not eating Johnson's bunker-busters, he's lost some speed and his bottom game has proven inadequate against the latest batch of wrestlers.
    In short, he no longer has the tools to halt Cummins' relentless takedown onslaught. "Durkin's" pressure is tremendous and his ground-and-pound wilting. The American is also tougher than his three stoppage losses would suggest, limiting the possibility of Nogueira finds a one-hitter quitter. Cummins does his thing and chips away at Nogueira for either a late technical knockout or unanimous decision.
    Prediction: Cummins via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Yancy Medeiros

The hulking Francisco Trinaldo (19-4) struggled with consistency early in his UFC career, going 4-3 in his first seven fights in the promotion. He's since won five straight over the likes of Norman Parke, Chad Laprise and Ross Pearson.
    "Massaranduba" will give up two inches of height to the 5'10" Medeiros, who is also nine years younger than the Brazilian.
    Hawaii's Yancy Medeiros (12-3) opened his UFC career winless (0-2) with one "No Contest" because of marijuana, but put together two straight submissions over Damon Jackson and Joe Proctor to pick up some hype. A brutal knockout loss to Dustin Poirier put a damper on that, although he did manage to eke past John Makdessi in Dec. 2015.
    He has knocked out six foes and submitted another three.
    Now that he actually has the cardio to bully people for all three rounds, Trinaldo's become a force to be reckoned with. He's one of the largest fighters in the division and has tightened up his striking considerably. Medeiros has some power and accuracy of his own, but I'm just not sure he can stop the Brazilian bulldozer's advance.
    "Massaranduba's" powerful kicks and knees ought to carry the day, just as they did against Pearson. The Brazilian walks through some heavy licks to take the decision on volume and body work.
    Prediction: Trinaldo via unanimous decision

170 lbs.: Sergio Moraes vs. Luan Chagas

Though he lost in his Octagon debut against Cezar Ferreira, Sergio Moraes (10-2) demonstrated his elite grappling chops with a rear-naked choke of Renee Forte and gorgeous mounted triangle of Neil Magny. He's fought just twice since 2013 due to injury, picking up wins over Peter Sobotta and Omari Akhmedov.
    He has submitted seven professional opponents, six in the first round.
    Luan Chagas (14-1) has yet to see the judges in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, going past the second round just once in 15 fights. "Tarzan" is currently riding a nine-fight win streak dating back to 2013.
    He replaces Kamaru Usman on approximately two weeks' notice.
    Watching one of Chagas' recent fights left me less-than-impressed. The 22-year old has decidedly ugly boxing and mediocre wrestling, while he's massively outclassed on the Brazilian jiu-jitsu front. He doesn't even have the striking precision necessary to exploit Moraes' historical durability issues.
    Moraes would have been utterly demolished by Usman. Instead, he gets a chance to shine. He's up there with Gunnar Nelson and possibly even Demian Maia in terms of pure jiu-jitsu, and he's up against an opponent ill-equipped to exploit the lacking aras of his game. Moraes chokes him out in a hurry.
    Prediction: Moraes via first-round submission

145 lbs.: Renato Carneiro vs. Zubaira Tukhugov

Following a successful run on the Brazilian circuit, Renato Carneiro (9-0-1) joined UFC in 2014, debuting in December against Finland's Tom Niinimaki. The Brazilian turned in a dominant performance en route to a second-round submission finish, the fifth rear-naked choke victory his his career.
    "Moicano" was set to face Mirsad Bektic last year before withdrawing because of injury, making this just his first fight since his debut.
    Zubaira Tukhugov (18-3) opened his UFC career with a pair of solid victories, outscoring power-puncher Douglas Andrade in his debut and demolishing Ernest Chavez his next time out. Injury kept the Chechen striker out of the cage until last December, when he took a split decision over former The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) competitor Phillipe Nover.
    Tukhugov has now won nine straight since a 2012 knockout loss.
    This right here? This is a damn good fight. Both Carneiro and Tukhugov are young and loaded with potential -- I fully expect to see one or both of them in the Top 15 within the next two years. As far as this fight, I favor Tukhugov for his speed, takedown defense and lack of ring rust.
    When he's not obsessed with finding a kill shot, Tukhugov is a whirlwind of precise power punches and fancy kicks. Carneiro has a three-inch height advantage and a very effective jab that could pay dividends, but I'm not sure he can maintain the necessary discipline in the face of Tukhugov's pressure. The Chechen steadily takes over for a competitive decision win.
    Prediction: Tukhugov via unanimous decision

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I was giving little Nog a punchers chance for a second against Cummings but from what I've been hearing and reading is Patrick "Starbuck boy" Cummings is living in the gym these days and still improving, and Little Nog is past his prime and fading quickly..

Little Nog has no chance as he will not be able to deal with the wrestling and take downs of PC..

I'm just not sure if Little Nog can make it the distance while taking a beating off his back for 3 rounds? This fight is in Brazil so I'm sure Little Nog will show massive heart and not quit though...

UFC 198 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Arena da Baixada - Curitiba, Brazil - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 5/14 1901 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira +210 o1½ -270
    7:30PM 1902 Patrick Cummins -250 u1½ +230

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-10-16 at 01:40 PM.

UncleChael

UFC: Werdum vs Miocic. Do not miss this fight!

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    UFC: Werdum vs Miocic. Do not miss this fight!
    Hot lava! Hot lava!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Hot lava hot lava! I love Robin Black breakdowns. Out goes Goldie, in comes Black

Hugo de Naranja

I think Miocic definitely has some similarities to Cain in that his game is predicated on solid standup and offensive wrestling. If fear of being subbed from top position causes Miocic not to go for takedowns, a lot of his ability goes out the window because he will be unable to threaten takedowns to set up punch combos. I like Miocic a lot but Werdum in Brazil looks like a steal at -145.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Miocic definitely has some similarities to Cain in that his game is predicated on solid standup and offensive wrestling. If fear of being subbed from top position causes Miocic not to go for takedowns, a lot of his ability goes out the window because he will be unable to threaten takedowns to set up punch combos. I like Miocic a lot but Werdum in Brazil looks like a steal at -145.
    If this becomes a striking match round after round you still think Werdum will get the better of Stipe standing? I think I give the striking edge to Miocic on their feet, and Werdum obviously has the advantage on the ground.. Like to see what weight these guys come in at first?

Stipe looks kinda small in recent vids and pics.. Werdum looks to be much bigger and that could spell trouble for Stipe...

Hugo de Naranja

If this becomes a striking match round after round you still think Werdum will get the better of Stipe standing? I think I give the striking edge to Miocic on their feet, and Werdum obviously has the advantage on the ground.. Like to see what weight these guys come in at first?

Stipe looks kinda small in recent vids and pics.. Werdum looks to be much bigger and that could spell trouble for Stipe...
    I think Werdum's standup is underrated as he got the better of both Cain and Travis Browne in many of their exchanges, but I would still give a slight edge to Stipe in this department. Both guys are pretty intelligent fighters who are good at making adjustments mid-fight so this could be an instant classic.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Stipe on his back with werdum on top. Im not so sure that will bode well for Stipe. I was leaning miocic, but i think werdum got this. Fight probably goes to the ground at some point, and then the fight is done regardless of how well miocic did up to that point. But miocic has a good shot against everyone else, but werdum is always a bad matchup for everyone at this point. Bring in Jones jones or overeem.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

this card is so awesome everyone is forgetting about bellator's lineup for saturday

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Anderson Silva abdominal injury, out of the event.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Here we go again.. Anderson Silva just dodged a bullet IMO...

THAT SUCKS THOUGH!! I loaded up on Hall too

$400.00 $400.00 Pending 5/14/16 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1201 Uriah Hall +100* vs Anderson Silva

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Silva had some type of gall bladder surgery.

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Seems to be every event these days a fighter or fighters pull out a few days before the fight!! Was on Hall myself. Anderson is finished.

UncleChael

Anderson Silva would have kicked his ass. Y'all lucky. I FUKKING hate every time this happens. Oh well, it's apart of the game.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

To be honest, losing this version of Silva is not a big loss and hopefully the replacement will make for a better fight. Someone who is not afraid to throw! Too bad Whittaker just fought because that would have been a swell rematch.

Deceptakhan
    Deceptakhan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6396

bring out the brazilian cowboy!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptakhan View Post
    bring out the brazilian cowboy!
    That would be cool... Fits the card too..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Write ups coming in -- MMAmania

UFC 198 predictions: 'Werdum vs Miocic' Fight Pass 'Prelims' undercard preview, Pt. 1

By Patrick L. Stumberg on May 9, 2016, 10:00p 18
    Jason Silva-USA TODAY Sports

205 lbs.: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Patrick Cummins

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira's (21-7) surprise upset of Rashad Evans gave way not to a resurgence, but to one of the most brutal knockout losses in recent memory, a 44-second mauling from Anthony Johnson. He returned to action one year later against rival Mauricio Runa, whom Nogueira rocked early before "Shogun" took control with his wrestling.
    "Minotouro" has knocked out and submitted six opponents apiece.
    Patrick Cummins (8-3) put his disastrous debut loss to Daniel Cormier behind him with three straight wins, including a decision over world-class Brazilian jiu-jitsu player Antonio Carlos Jr. He's since gone 1-2, a beatdown of Rafael "Feijao" sandwiched between knockout losses to Ovince Saint Preux and Glover Teixeira.
    "Durkin" scored stoppages in six of his eight victories.
    He's not the physical ruin his brother is, but it's hard to deny that the game has passed by "Little Nog." Though he's still got some sneaky power in his hands and is fairly durable when not eating Johnson's bunker-busters, he's lost some speed and his bottom game has proven inadequate against the latest batch of wrestlers.
    In short, he no longer has the tools to halt Cummins' relentless takedown onslaught. "Durkin's" pressure is tremendous and his ground-and-pound wilting. The American is also tougher than his three stoppage losses would suggest, limiting the possibility of Nogueira finds a one-hitter quitter. Cummins does his thing and chips away at Nogueira for either a late technical knockout or unanimous decision.
    Prediction: Cummins via unanimous decision

155 lbs.: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Yancy Medeiros

The hulking Francisco Trinaldo (19-4) struggled with consistency early in his UFC career, going 4-3 in his first seven fights in the promotion. He's since won five straight over the likes of Norman Parke, Chad Laprise and Ross Pearson.
    "Massaranduba" will give up two inches of height to the 5'10" Medeiros, who is also nine years younger than the Brazilian.
    Hawaii's Yancy Medeiros (12-3) opened his UFC career winless (0-2) with one "No Contest" because of marijuana, but put together two straight submissions over Damon Jackson and Joe Proctor to pick up some hype. A brutal knockout loss to Dustin Poirier put a damper on that, although he did manage to eke past John Makdessi in Dec. 2015.
    He has knocked out six foes and submitted another three.
    Now that he actually has the cardio to bully people for all three rounds, Trinaldo's become a force to be reckoned with. He's one of the largest fighters in the division and has tightened up his striking considerably. Medeiros has some power and accuracy of his own, but I'm just not sure he can stop the Brazilian bulldozer's advance.
    "Massaranduba's" powerful kicks and knees ought to carry the day, just as they did against Pearson. The Brazilian walks through some heavy licks to take the decision on volume and body work.
    Prediction: Trinaldo via unanimous decision

170 lbs.: Sergio Moraes vs. Luan Chagas

Though he lost in his Octagon debut against Cezar Ferreira, Sergio Moraes (10-2) demonstrated his elite grappling chops with a rear-naked choke of Renee Forte and gorgeous mounted triangle of Neil Magny. He's fought just twice since 2013 due to injury, picking up wins over Peter Sobotta and Omari Akhmedov.
    He has submitted seven professional opponents, six in the first round.
    Luan Chagas (14-1) has yet to see the judges in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, going past the second round just once in 15 fights. "Tarzan" is currently riding a nine-fight win streak dating back to 2013.
    He replaces Kamaru Usman on approximately two weeks' notice.
    Watching one of Chagas' recent fights left me less-than-impressed. The 22-year old has decidedly ugly boxing and mediocre wrestling, while he's massively outclassed on the Brazilian jiu-jitsu front. He doesn't even have the striking precision necessary to exploit Moraes' historical durability issues.
    Moraes would have been utterly demolished by Usman. Instead, he gets a chance to shine. He's up there with Gunnar Nelson and possibly even Demian Maia in terms of pure jiu-jitsu, and he's up against an opponent ill-equipped to exploit the lacking aras of his game. Moraes chokes him out in a hurry.
    Prediction: Moraes via first-round submission

145 lbs.: Renato Carneiro vs. Zubaira Tukhugov

Following a successful run on the Brazilian circuit, Renato Carneiro (9-0-1) joined UFC in 2014, debuting in December against Finland's Tom Niinimaki. The Brazilian turned in a dominant performance en route to a second-round submission finish, the fifth rear-naked choke victory his his career.
    "Moicano" was set to face Mirsad Bektic last year before withdrawing because of injury, making this just his first fight since his debut.
    Zubaira Tukhugov (18-3) opened his UFC career with a pair of solid victories, outscoring power-puncher Douglas Andrade in his debut and demolishing Ernest Chavez his next time out. Injury kept the Chechen striker out of the cage until last December, when he took a split decision over former The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) competitor Phillipe Nover.
    Tukhugov has now won nine straight since a 2012 knockout loss.
    This right here? This is a damn good fight. Both Carneiro and Tukhugov are young and loaded with potential -- I fully expect to see one or both of them in the Top 15 within the next two years. As far as this fight, I favor Tukhugov for his speed, takedown defense and lack of ring rust.
    When he's not obsessed with finding a kill shot, Tukhugov is a whirlwind of precise power punches and fancy kicks. Carneiro has a three-inch height advantage and a very effective jab that could pay dividends, but I'm not sure he can maintain the necessary discipline in the face of Tukhugov's pressure. The Chechen steadily takes over for a competitive decision win.
    Prediction: Tukhugov via unanimous decision

Part 2 -

UFC 198 predictions: 'Werdum vs Miocic' FOX Sports 1 'Prelims' undercard preview, Pt. 2

By Patrick L. Stumberg on May 10, 2016, 10:00p 2

170 lbs.: Demian Maia vs. Matt Brown
    Now almost nine years into his UFC career, Demian Maia (22-6) continues to soldier on in a division full of young stars, winning four straight since his loss to Rory MacDonald. His last two bouts have seen him hand Neil Magny his only loss in his last 11 fights and dominate ADCC competitor Gunnar Nelson on the mat.
    Ten of his wins have come by submission.
    The unexpected rise of Matt Brown (20-13) through the Welterweight division came to an end at the hands of Robbie Lawler, who outbrawled the Muay Thai specialist over five rounds. A decision loss to Johny Hendricks followed, but "The Immortal" re-entered the win column with a guillotine finish of Tim Means in July 2015.
    He was booked to face Kelvin Gastelum in Nov. 2015 before suffering an ankle injury.
    Maia is so adept at chain wrestling and slipping onto the back during scrambles that he's basically become the sock from "Monsters, Inc.:" If he touches you, panic. MacDonald showed that he can be worn down with a careful ranged attack and Jake Shields showed that a world-class top game and extreme patience can pay dividends, but without one of those two skills, you're in for a long night.
    Brown has neither.
    Brown's tremendous durability, cardio and preternatural ability to select the exact limb needed to inflict maximum damage make him a nightmare match up for anyone intent on striking with him. His own aggression will work against him here, however, as his preferred clinch puts him in Maia's grasp. He's not getting out once he's there -- Maia spends a few minutes on Brown's back before choking him out.
    Prediction: Maia via first-round submission

170 lbs.: Warlley Alves vs. Bryan Barberena

Warlley Alves (10-0) may have gotten some help from the judges in his fight with Alan Jouban, but he didn't need them for his next two bouts. The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): "Brazil 3" winner guillotined Nordine Taleb in Aug. 2015, then used the same move four months later to finish Colby Covington in less than 90 seconds.
    All six of his submission wins are via form of choke.
    Few gave Bryan Barberena (11-3) much of a chance when he stepped in on short notice to face Sage Northcutt, who had been tabbed as one of the promotion's future stars. Unfortunately for UFC, "Bam Bam" defied the odds, using his size and grit to choke Northcutt out in the second round.
    He has knocked out eight of his opponents as a professional.
    While Barberena would likely be better served going back to the Lightweight division, where he seemed able to maintain his cardio while bringing his strength to bear, he's a good test for Alves. The explosive Brazilian still needs to prove he can maintain his pace against relentless foes.
    Basically, if Alves is what he's cracked up to me, he should take it. His wicked submissions, power striking and underrated takedowns form a devastating skill set. If he tries to bomb Barberena out like he did Jouban, however, he's in trouble. I'll err on the Brazilian's side and say he locks up a guillotine before Barberena can get going.
    Prediction: Alves via first-round submission

185 lbs.: Thiago Santos vs. Nate Marquardt

Following a 1-2 start to his UFC career, Thiago Santos (12-3) quickly established himself as one to watch in the Middleweight division with brutal knockouts of Andy Enz and Steve Bosse, the latter one of 2015's best. Despite this, he entered his next bout against Elias Theodorou as an underdog, but managed to wear down and batter the Canadian for a unanimous decision win.
    He has knocked out seven opponents overall.
    Nate Marquardt (34-15-2) stepped into the cage opposite C.B. Dollaway with his back against the wall, having lost five of his previous six fights in fairly one-sided fashion. "The Great" came through in the clutch with a blistering right hand that laid out "The Doberman" early in the second round.
    Sixteen of his 26 stoppage wins have come by submission.
    I'll readily admit that it was a hell of a knockout, but I am not convinced that Marquardt is "back." His wrestling hasn't kept up with the sport's evolution, leaving him unable to bring his submission game to bear, and he's no longer durable nor fast enough to hold his own on the feet with big hitters.
    Santos is a very big hitter.
    Marquardt simply does not have the striking acumen to keep the Brazilian at bay nor the physicality to overpower him. Santos breaks him down with heavy kicks before stopping him in the second.
    Prediction: Santos via second-round knockout

135 lbs.: John Lineker vs. Rob Font

Despite a career-best win over Ian McCall, the persistent weight issues of John Lineker (26-7) forced him to move back to Bantamweight, where he took on fellow slugger Francisco Rivera in Sept. 2015. The two duked it out for a furious 2:08 before "Hands of Stone" forced a tap via guillotine.
    He was set to face Cody Garbrandt in February before coming down with dengue fever.
    Injuries on both his and his opponents' parts kept Rob Font (12-1) out of action for 1.5 years following his one-hitter-quitter against George Roop. He returned to the cage in January against Joey Gomez, whom he punched into submission in Boston's TD Garden.
    He stands six inches taller than Lineker at 5'8."
    Long-time readers may be aware that I am a shameless Lineker fanboy, so it shouldn't surprise you that I'm picking the tiny bastard to win by stoppage. The thing about Lineker is that he never stops -- he's one of the most active punchers in UFC and can keep that pace for 15 minutes, punishing the body and eventually drawing opponents into slugfests they can't win. He's also got the defensive wrestling to shut down the likes of McCall and a chin that could probably stand up to a meteor strike.
    Font's massive length advantage and diverse striking should pay early dividends, but once the body shots start piling up, it's just a matter of time. Lineker drops the first round before ultimately battering Font into submission late in the second.
    Prediction: Lineker via second-round technical knockout
    Damn, UFC 198 is a great card. Hope you'll join us Saturday, Maniacs, for both our sakes.

Current UFC "Prelims" Prediction Record 2016: 53-31-1

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Well that sucks. My only bet was against him.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Hot lava hot lava! I love Robin Black breakdowns. Out goes Goldie, in comes Black
    Black is a color guy not a play by play guy but I agree Goldie is getting stale.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I think Werdum's standup is underrated as he got the better of both Cain and Travis Browne in many of their exchanges, but I would still give a slight edge to Stipe in this department. Both guys are pretty intelligent fighters who are good at making adjustments mid-fight so this could be an instant classic.
    He also got the best of Hunt which is very hard to do.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    To be honest, losing this version of Silva is not a big loss and hopefully the replacement will make for a better fight. Someone who is not afraid to throw! Too bad Whittaker just fought because that would have been a swell rematch.
    Whittaker and Hall fought each other recently.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Really short notice. Let's just hope Hall gets a replacement opponent instead of canceling his match completely. The UFC does that from time to time. With the fight in Brazil, I can only see a local fighter as feasible option at this point.

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Here we go again.. Anderson Silva just dodged a bullet IMO...

THAT SUCKS THOUGH!! I loaded up on Hall too

$400.00 $400.00 Pending 5/14/16 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1201 Uriah Hall +100* vs Anderson Silva
    Jibster go ahead and parlay each of your straight up bets on this card with Cyborg for some better odds ^^

376630190 5/8/16 8:35pm -$100.00 $3,863.14 1 Wager(s) Placed 376630190-1 $100.00 $110.53 Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Cancelled 5/14/16 11:00pm UFC Fighting 9999 Uriah Hall +100* vs Anderson Silva
    Pending 5/14/16 10:30pm UFC Fighting 1302 Cris Justino -1900* vs Leslie Smith
    Last edited by Mxs1332; 05-11-16 at 05:14 AM.

First 12345 ... Last