slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko on July 9

Fight of the year

Fury will face the Ukrainian for the WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles in Manchester on July 9
    27-year-old will defend the belts he won off his opponent in Dusseldorf in November last year
    Klitschko brought up Fury's views on homosexuality, saying he and those who think like him could 'f*** off'
    40-year-old veteran Klitschko was told he was a 'hall of dogs***' champion by the man who inflicted one of only four defeats during his 68-fight professional career

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never heard of either

boxing is dead

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Dare I say that Klitschko lost on purpose to Fury in the last fight? The second fight was contracted at the time and if Klitschko lost, Fury would be unable to fight anyone else until Klitschko again.

Klitschko is contracted for 5 fights but there is little competition, this becomes the second bout of those 5. Klitschko may have to retire.

Further, by losing, Klitschko now has the chance to become a 3 time heavyweight champ...few have done this.

Kiltschko was undefeated over some 10 or 11 years but has lost before, so there was no 0 loss column to jeopardize.

In the first fight Klitschko barely fought and it shows in the stats.

He lost on purpose and Fury even think it's possible.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Dare I say that Klitschko lost on purpose to Fury in the last fight? The second fight was contracted at the time and if Klitschko lost, Fury would be unable to fight anyone else until Klitschko again.

Klitschko is contracted for 5 fights but there is little competition, this becomes the second bout of those 5. Klitschko may have to retire.

Further, by losing, Klitschko now has the chance to become a 3 time heavyweight champ...few have done this.

Kiltschko was undefeated over some 10 or 11 years but has lost before, so there was no 0 loss column to jeopardize.

In the first fight Klitschko barely fought and it shows in the stats.

He lost on purpose and Fury even think it's possible.

Klitschko did not throw the first fight, that's a ridiculous suggestion.

I see no reason why Fury will not repeat his last performance.

StillSmokin
    StillSmokin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Just let them have a sing-off in the ring. Would be more entertaining than any of their fights.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

klitschko/wilder would top any mayweather fight doubt it happens tho

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Klitschko did not throw the first fight, that's a ridiculous suggestion…
    It’s not ridiculous at all; in fact, Tyson Fury suggested it himself.

This is pro boxing and look at Klitschko’s contracts. There is nobody to fight and this fills 2 of 5 needed fights with a loss. For crying out loud, Klitschko threw some 19 punches per round in that fight…19 punches. He connected on just 23% of the swings and only landed just over 50 punches in 12 rounds.

There was a time when Klischko could land 50 punches in a single round. He’s getting older, fulfilling his contracts, and getting out.

…I see no reason why Fury will not repeat his last performance.
    You probably mean the last result because the performance was only slightly better than Klitschko. He hit the same 23% and just threw more punches. Both fighters performed horribly in the last fight.

And to say Fury somehow contained Kilschko is a stretch, just look at Klischko’s last fight, before Fury, with Jennings. The dude is cruising to retirement.

Tyson Fury achieved a goal and is thankful for what he got regardless of Klischko’s motives.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    klitschko/wilder would top any mayweather fight doubt it happens tho

Wilder has little chance against Povetkin, he's probably going to get knocked out.

And I repeat, Fury wins the rematch.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    It’s not ridiculous at all; in fact, Tyson Fury suggested it himself.

This is pro boxing and look at Klitschko’s contracts. There is nobody to fight and this fills 2 of 5 needed fights with a loss. For crying out loud, Klitschko threw some 19 punches per round in that fight…19 punches. He connected on just 23% of the swings and only landed just over 50 punches in 12 rounds.

There was a time when Klischko could land 50 punches in a single round. He’s getting older, fulfilling his contracts, and getting out.

You probably mean the last result because the performance was only slightly better than Klitschko. He hit the same 23% and just threw more punches. Both fighters performed horribly in the last fight.

And to say Fury somehow contained Kilschko is a stretch, just look at Klischko’s last fight, before Fury, with Jennings. The dude is cruising to retirement.

Tyson Fury achieved a goal and is thankful for what he got regardless of Klischko’s motives.
    Wlad is a system fighter who found Tyson difficult given his size and reach.

We'll need to see something special for Klitschko for him to win the rematch, and I just can't envision it.

There's plenty of people for Klitscko to fight, the heavyweight division is stacked for the first time in years. Anthony Joshua, Dante Wilder, a rematch with Povetkin if he beats Wilder.

CWD
    Update your status

Wilder has little chance against Povetkin, he's probably going to get knocked out.

things are def heating up will be fun

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

You think so? Good odds, man I thought Wilder was a good bet!

What about AJ? He's right in the deep end now with not much fight experience though but kid has a big power. Dominic Brazeale up next for him.

I'm a kiwi so watched basically all of Joe Parkers fights, super fast with decent power but has been nursed through his early career so who knows how good he really is and if he can take a punch from the top guys. Heavy fav against Takam late next month which will be the first real solid name he has come up against.

I think the HW ranks are getting solid again personally but maybe I'm biased being a Parker fan.

CWD
    Update your status

fury is garbage only thing he has going for him in rematch is klitschkos age and fact he prob does give a shit anymore

see KVB posts above for lowdown

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

These fukks are more like wwf champions than wba/wbo

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

As a Brit

Fury is a idiot saying uk doesn't respect him, where does he think he's going to get it