JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I agree with one thing, youre not biased. You come into a matchup and are totally sold on alvarez winning a 3 round decision against pettis, and then weeks after jumping on pettis over barboza like a little slut. Or with diaz over johnson, but then now all over mcregor against diaz. So youre clearly not biased. Thats a fact.

But, i dont understand your arguments in favour of mcregor other than that diaz should loose this fight of financial reasons. Diaz is made for cardio, mcregor is not, isnt that enough facts to break down this fight? Mcregor isnt finishing diaz, especially not after seeing that he first time around failed to do so. So either guy is not getting Koed early, and who does that favour? Not mcregor. To win over diaz you need to out volume the guy on the feet, or......wrestle to avoid beating him up on the feet, cause out voluming diaz is impossible.Nobody in the ufc has outvolumed diaz, of those who beat diaz like RDA, Henderson, Rory Macdonald, DYK they all pressed cheat code and wrestled him. Everybody knows you dont stand and trade with diaz. But completely disregarding that fact, la la la here comes me , im irish and proud i can KO you out on the feet - WRONG dude...fakking wrong.

If mcregor cant last two rounds, youre selling me that he can win a 5 rounder, tough sell...
    mcgrgeor hasnt ever shown bad cardio exept in that fight, and maybe kinda in the mendes fight were he was injured and you can tell that was his worse weight cut, but they were fighting at a fast pace, in the siver and holloway fights, he was fresh as a daisy, he has never before shown bad cardio, so i'm more inclinded to believe that diaz severely hurt him with a body shot in the 1st, mcgrgeor said in a interview he felt he was hurting him with the body shots, but he went away from it when diaz hit him with a hard body shot, he needs to control range better in this fight, and pick apart the leg, its not hard to figure out thats a huge disadvantage he has over diaz, those are low energy attacks, and you don't have to fight diaz fire for fire with cardio, you can damage the leg and decrease his mobility so that he has to fight at your pace, its so clear, i can't imagine mcgrgeor doesn't do this in this 2nd fight, no one can out cardio, or chin, or out heart diaz, no one, you have to chop the tree down and get him to fight at your pace, by attacking the body and legs.....i disagree with him not finishing diaz, he just needs to take a more controlled calculated approach, i've never seen him miss that many strikes, and those stupid spinning kicks way out of range, he was missing all through out the first round and big wind up punches, it was as dominating a round as i thought for mcgregor after rewatching it, he missed alot, he only aught him clean a few times, he wasn't throwing combinations, 1-2 punches at a time....you bring up wrestling diaz, do you not think mcgregeor can outwrestle him?, he can steal rounds by wrestling like he did at the end of the 1st, diaz isnt tough to takedown, i don't think mcgregors ground game is as bad as you guys do, he can control diaz in top position....mcgregor was cocky he thought no one could take that left hand, but have you ever seen diaz that beat up after 1 round?, he had no answer for most of that round, you think he wont fall after 3 or 4 rounds of that, you dont think it will start to become harder for diaz to roll with the punches and make them less impactful when his mobility is taken away?...you say he cant out volume diaz, but he did in the first round...i understand you guys question the play, its hard to believe someone that got finished in the 2nd can win the 2nd fight, but your not taking into the account of it being his first fight at 170, his first fight giving up a reach and height advantage, fighting a guy on short notice who is complete opposites of the guy you were spose to be fighting, losing a chance at being 2 division champion had to be dishearting, that is what he was working for, those are a bunch of new wrinkles added into the fight in late notice, question marks he had never answered before, he fought as if he was fighting rda, he shows poor fighter iq, he did everything wrong, the guy is the smartest fukin character in the ufc, i can't see him not figuring out this puzzle, its not tough, he has the tool set to make this easy, you beat diaz with leg kicks, wrestling, and countering, mcgregor has the better kicks, wrestling, and counters he's one of the best,....you don't beat diaz by head hunting, thats stupid, not pressuring him and trying to out pace him, that stupid also, you take away the mobility, either by taking away the legs or putting him on his back...you also cant just avoid the finacial situation completly, what has the diaz brothers always been motivated by, money, how motivated will he be now that he got his big pay day, how much does he actually want to win this, when a third fight gets him another mill to 2 mill, thats a tough spot to be in, its a small thing, but the mind is a powerful tool, look at the stats, when a guy almost finishes in the 1st, more often the not they go on to lose, the mind is a big part of this, mcgregor was looking pass him to the two champions, its kinda like a look ahead game in the nfl, when you are facing a shitty team, but you have a more important divisional game coming up, its a look ahead spot, he wont look past diaz again, he respects dias now, he's motivated now, he has something to prove, just like dias had something to prove in the 1st fight, dias was fighting his superbowl, mcgregor was fighting like it was still preseason, what we saw was far from his A game, i believe we can all agree on that, he fought with the iq of miesha tate from start to finish, mcgregor lost that more than diaz went for it, he just allowed mcgregor to make the mistakes, and landed the more accurate shots, while mcgregor threw wild and sloppy hooks like he couldn't be touched, like he's fukin hector lombard lol it was disgusting to watch that sloppy display knowing how truly astonishing he can be on the feet.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 04-16-16 at 12:52 AM.

JoshKnows46

I'm just at the 6 minute mark, but this seems interesting and relevant to the thread, intelligent guy so far...jon jones uses that finger jab by bruce lee lol...

JoshKnows46

i'm at the 17 minute mark, firas is a smart dude, good watch....

JoshKnows46

LMAO

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    mcgrgeor hasnt ever shown bad cardio exept in that fight, and maybe kinda in the mendes fight were he was injured and you can tell that was his worse weight cut, but they were fighting at a fast pace, in the siver and holloway fights, he was fresh as a daisy, he has never before shown bad cardio, so i'm more inclinded to believe that diaz severely hurt him with a body shot in the 1st, mcgrgeor said in a interview he felt he was hurting him with the body shots, but he went away from it when diaz hit him with a hard body shot, he needs to control range better in this fight, and pick apart the leg, its not hard to figure out thats a huge disadvantage he has over diaz, those are low energy attacks, and you don't have to fight diaz fire for fire with cardio, you can damage the leg and decrease his mobility so that he has to fight at your pace, its so clear, i can't imagine mcgrgeor doesn't do this in this 2nd fight, no one can out cardio, or chin, or out heart diaz, no one, you have to chop the tree down and get him to fight at your pace, by attacking the body and legs.....i disagree with him not finishing diaz, he just needs to take a more controlled calculated approach, i've never seen him miss that many strikes, and those stupid spinning kicks way out of range, he was missing all through out the first round and big wind up punches, it was as dominating a round as i thought for mcgregor after rewatching it, he missed alot, he only aught him clean a few times, he wasn't throwing combinations, 1-2 punches at a time....you bring up wrestling diaz, do you not think mcgregeor can outwrestle him?, he can steal rounds by wrestling like he did at the end of the 1st, diaz isnt tough to takedown, i don't think mcgregors ground game is as bad as you guys do, he can control diaz in top position....mcgregor was cocky he thought no one could take that left hand, but have you ever seen diaz that beat up after 1 round?, he had no answer for most of that round, you think he wont fall after 3 or 4 rounds of that, you dont think it will start to become harder for diaz to roll with the punches and make them less impactful when his mobility is taken away?...you say he cant out volume diaz, but he did in the first round...i understand you guys question the play, its hard to believe someone that got finished in the 2nd can win the 2nd fight, but your not taking into the account of it being his first fight at 170, his first fight giving up a reach and height advantage, fighting a guy on short notice who is complete opposites of the guy you were spose to be fighting, losing a chance at being 2 division champion had to be dishearting, that is what he was working for, those are a bunch of new wrinkles added into the fight in late notice, question marks he had never answered before, he fought as if he was fighting rda, he shows poor fighter iq, he did everything wrong, the guy is the smartest fukin character in the ufc, i can't see him not figuring out this puzzle, its not tough, he has the tool set to make this easy, you beat diaz with leg kicks, wrestling, and countering, mcgregor has the better kicks, wrestling, and counters he's one of the best,....you don't beat diaz by head hunting, thats stupid, not pressuring him and trying to out pace him, that stupid also, you take away the mobility, either by taking away the legs or putting him on his back...you also cant just avoid the finacial situation completly, what has the diaz brothers always been motivated by, money, how motivated will he be now that he got his big pay day, how much does he actually want to win this, when a third fight gets him another mill to 2 mill, thats a tough spot to be in, its a small thing, but the mind is a powerful tool, look at the stats, when a guy almost finishes in the 1st, more often the not they go on to lose, the mind is a big part of this, mcgregor was looking pass him to the two champions, its kinda like a look ahead game in the nfl, when you are facing a shitty team, but you have a more important divisional game coming up, its a look ahead spot, he wont look past diaz again, he respects dias now, he's motivated now, he has something to prove, just like dias had something to prove in the 1st fight, dias was fighting his superbowl, mcgregor was fighting like it was still preseason, what we saw was far from his A game, i believe we can all agree on that, he fought with the iq of miesha tate from start to finish, mcgregor lost that more than diaz went for it, he just allowed mcgregor to make the mistakes, and landed the more accurate shots, while mcgregor threw wild and sloppy hooks like he couldn't be touched, like he's fukin hector lombard lol it was disgusting to watch that sloppy display knowing how truly astonishing he can be on the feet.
    Ok. So i just watched the fight. Conor was holding the lead whole fight, both landed shots, but mcregor landed more and had the initiativ. Conor appears a bit tired from 0:52 left in round 1, nate doesnt. Nate is hurt, bloody, but his movement is about the same.

Round 2 starts, conor is still better, and it looks like nate is hurt, like the fight is going to an end with conor continue to land shots, and is pressuring nate a lot. Conor looks even more tired between combinations, which means his fatigue from round 1 settles in. Nate lands but doesnt appear affected from the pressure. So when nate starts to land, conors probably confused. Didnt the fight go towards the end? Nate continue to land, and its probably here conor understand that this fight wont end in the second round, at all. The biggest question mark here is that....the mental issues conor had here is not only because he realises that he cant finish nate, and that nate is taking his best punch. THE MAN IS TIRED. Bad cardio make everyone of us pussies. And this is a man training for a title fight with a cardio machine in dos anjos. I think thats problematic to think about. One hand you can see that mcregor is slightly better fighter overall until he gets tired and that is room for adding leg kicks and slow diaz down, or even apply a wrestling based gameplan. I think that the key regardless is the cardio aspects as conor has shown several times in the past that this is an issue. Its a fact. Nate is good enough to take damage and endure. Regardless of what conor does at this point, he has to be able to hold the pressure from round 1 and round 2 up. He doesnt actually need to change anything. He actually won up until the point where he folded. But can he continue? If you got conor @ + 200 maybe. But when the line is at even, then i much rather have me som diaz who can go 5 rounds.

bjpenn85

I'm just at the 6 minute mark, but this seems interesting and relevant to the thread, intelligent guy so far...jon jones uses that finger jab by bruce lee lol...

Firas also commenting this, that conor looks tired before getting hit. Anyway its not 100% correct, Conor is tired in the first round as well. Huge red flag.

bjpenn85

And Zahabi is also picking nate diaz to win, basically supporting everything i said. That doesnt mean anything though, just that it is logic, but logic doesnt trumph the truth. Mcregor can still find a home for a new gameplan. Probably using legkicks as they are more energy efficient.

JoshKnows46

Firas also commenting this, that conor looks tired before getting hit. Anyway its not 100% correct, Conor is tired in the first round as well. Huge red flag.
    yea i said this, he was gassed on his stool, firas said he gassed later, i agree with you that, that is incorrect. mcgregor still had full control even after getting gassed however, up to the point when he got clipped at around 230 in the 2nd, he was clearly the better striker the first round and a half, tweak his game a little, be more efficent with his energy, more leg kicks, more takedowns, don't let diaz clinch him against the cage, be more reactive, and less proactive, he pushed the pace, so if diaz is gonna dance his fight, then mcgrgegor is in control of the pace, take away his movement, for you to say mcgrgeor should be +200, is just absurd to me, because i feel diaz should be atleast +250 in this fight, so we are on completly diffrent wave lengths.... i don't expect him to gas again, how could you, when thats the first time he's ever gassed, i know its hard to look pass the last fight, but he's never been gassed after 1 round, could be attributed to the hard body blow in the 1st, and/or him winging punches from his hips and missing clearly, or throwing the stupid spinning kicks, or mental, but i'm not just gonna expect him to gas again, when he's never shown the tendency to in previous fights, i don't just look at the most recent fight to handicap fights, thats dangerous bussiness once you start doing that, thats noob shit, its just hard to believe he wouldnt be training his conditioning against a cardio machine like rda, there has to be some other reason other then he just wasnt in shape, he said he felt the best he's ever felt, longer training sessions then he's ever had in previous camps, unless he's just blantantly lieing about it, be me personally i'm not gonna expect him to be gassed in 1 round again, especially with a better suited game plan for this opp, then that garbage he brought in the first fight, i'd be training nothing but leg kicks, and i'd throw that push kick to the knee more often, that was wonderful to keep diaz at a distance, it was landing everytime.

JoshKnows46

And Zahabi is also picking nate diaz to win, basically supporting everything i said. That doesnt mean anything though, just that it is logic, but logic doesnt trumph the truth. Mcregor can still find a home for a new gameplan. Probably using legkicks as they are more energy efficient.
    yea i noticed that he'd side with nate twords the end of the video, , but he made some good points for both guys, it was a good none baised point of view i thought, anyway, though his final prediction about a rematch is incorrect, lol.

JoshKnows46

There's no point in betting diaz pre fight, he,ll be a nice sized underdog after the first and a even bigger underdog after the second. If mcgregor loses this easy money based on a conditioning issue, I'll be fukin hot man, fuming, hell be dead to me as anderson the flake silva lol nah I still like anderson but I'm not putting my money on him ever again, I'll just enjoy his fights, and mcgregor would be placed in the same catagory if he doesn't come in prepared to go 5.

bjpenn85

yea i noticed that he'd side with nate twords the end of the video, , but he made some good points for both guys, it was a good none baised point of view i thought, anyway, though his final prediction about a rematch is incorrect, lol.
    Well.....i said if i got conor @+200....i didnt say..i cap this fight at this number. My point was that you get a gassed out fighter at even money, i rather would have the guy with the cardio at even money. But, if i got +200....i could take the gassed out fighter if i thought he would shift his gameplan or prepare well. But this should not be even money at all. You hope to your lord and savor that mcregor will do as you want him to do, thats dangerous as well. We thought TJ woulnt hunt down Cruz but he couldnt help himself. Their human beings with flaws and weaknesses that love to do what they always do.

You said conor hasnt shown lack of cardio, he was tired against mini mendez. Siver didnt never pressure conor, so we cant add the siver fight to the list. All the other fighters lost in the first round, like poirier and brandao, jose aldo. Youre gunning for that conor has good or OK cardio, but you only have one fight to show, against holloway. So youre the one with data problems, not me. Youre crazy to even question my logic. I will say that conors good cardio against holloway is an exception. He suddenly had ok cardio in that fight, but except for that we dont know if he has good cardio. The only time he has being pressured he lost against nate, and he showed as usual to get tired against mendes. AND THESE ARE SHOOOOOORT FIGHTS. not even going to round 3. Man youre crazy to believe that conor has ok cardio absolutely lunatic. Get over yourself and admit he is build like a fire hydrant, and doesnt have cardio right now. Nate diaz is long, thin and is made for cardio. I swear, conor cant KO nate, and he doesnt have the cardio, 209 bitches. You should call conor right now and get a confirmation of his gameplan or stay away from betting conor.

JoshKnows46

Well.....i said if i got conor @+200....i didnt say..i cap this fight at this number. My point was that you get a gassed out fighter at even money, i rather would have the guy with the cardio at even money. But, if i got +200....i could take the gassed out fighter if i thought he would shift his gameplan or prepare well. But this should not be even money at all. You hope to your lord and savor that mcregor will do as you want him to do, thats dangerous as well. We thought TJ woulnt hunt down Cruz but he couldnt help himself. Their human beings with flaws and weaknesses that love to do what they always do.

You said conor hasnt shown lack of cardio, he was tired against mini mendez. Siver didnt never pressure conor, so we cant add the siver fight to the list. All the other fighters lost in the first round, like poirier and brandao, jose aldo. Youre gunning for that conor has good or OK cardio, but you only have one fight to show, against holloway. So youre the one with data problems, not me. Youre crazy to even question my logic. I will say that conors good cardio against holloway is an exception. He suddenly had ok cardio in that fight, but except for that we dont know if he has good cardio. The only time he has being pressured he lost against nate, and he showed as usual to get tired against mendes. AND THESE ARE SHOOOOOORT FIGHTS. not even going to round 3. Man youre crazy to believe that conor has ok cardio absolutely lunatic. Get over yourself and admit he is build like a fire hydrant, and doesnt have cardio right now. Nate diaz is long, thin and is made for cardio. I swear, conor cant KO nate, and he doesnt have the cardio, 209 bitches. You should call conor right now and get a confirmation of his gameplan or stay away from betting conor.
    again, i don't base my bets on one fight, he's showed good fighter iq in every other fight, gameplan obviously wont be the same lmao this isnt rocket science, this is common sense....he didn't gas against mendes, at what point of the fight did he look gassed? and his face was still sunking in, he looked like death, outside of the diaz fight, mendes is your only other weak argument....holloway and siver he had great cardio, was no lapses in action in either fight, to say he showed bad cardio in more fights, when only 4 fights are what your going on, and your only saying 2 he had bad cardio, how does that make sense. this was the only fight he was gassed imo, he was smiling in mendes face and jumped up quick when the bell rung after the first in the mendes fight, and he never slowed with his worse weight cut he still wasnt close to as gassed as he looked after the first round of the diaz fight. 1 fight he gassed is what i'm saying, think what your want, you losing your money isn't my problem, conor didnt have ok cardio, he had great cardio in every single fight pre and post ufc, exept the diaz fight is what i'm saying...

bjpenn85

again, i don't base my bets on one fight, he's showed good fighter iq in every other fight, gameplan obviously wont be the same lmao this isnt rocket science, this is common sense....he didn't gas against mendes, at what point of the fight did he look gassed? and his face was still sunking in, he looked like death, outside of the diaz fight, mendes is your only other weak argument....holloway and siver he had great cardio, was no lapses in action in either fight, to say he showed bad cardio in more fights, when only 4 fights are what your going on, and your only saying 2 he had bad cardio, how does that make sense. this was the only fight he was gassed imo, he was smiling in mendes face and jumped up quick when the bell rung after the first in the mendes fight, and he never slowed with his worse weight cut he still wasnt close to as gassed as he looked after the first round of the diaz fight. 1 fight he gassed is what i'm saying, think what your want, you losing your money isn't my problem, conor didnt have ok cardio, he had great cardio in every single fight pre and post ufc, exept the diaz fight is what i'm saying...
    Most of the fight he finishes people in round 1, so we dont know. But we know he has shown lack of cardio in the nate fight and after re-watching the fight with mendes i agree he doesnt look very tired, he mostly look beat up. It appears he has an open mouth lying on his back, but he gets up quick after a reversal so il guess he was ok. Its still round 2 and mendes was completely gassed out, so its not like that clears him. If you fight a guy with bad cardio, that doesnt necessarily mean you have great cardio?

So i will say its insufficient data to make a good prediction if he has good cardio or not. It may be that the increased size left him gassed out as a consequence of increased oxygen demand. In such case i am wrong, but the question still remains. Lets say he has good cardio, but had bad cardio that night, cause we can agree on that, how does he fix this, if he indeed have to fight 5 rounds in another weight class. A weight class he is not used to. Its an issue, you cant run from that. So he has a cardio issue in this particular matchup, i dont like that. Im not putting my hard earned money on that, should i ? Well maybe, but i like to have som evidence at hand. Usually you do as well.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Plus Jake Shields coached Nate really well. Followed the gameplan and helped motivate him. Nate should be -200 this fight so there's some value.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Plus Jake Shields coached Nate really well. Followed the gameplan and helped motivate him. Nate should be -200 this fight so there's some value.
    If this fight was was at featherweight i would have more confidence in mcregor. At 155 or 170, i trust nate.

JoshKnows46

Most of the fight he finishes people in round 1, so we dont know. But we know he has shown lack of cardio in the nate fight and after re-watching the fight with mendes i agree he doesnt look very tired, he mostly look beat up. It appears he has an open mouth lying on his back, but he gets up quick after a reversal so il guess he was ok. Its still round 2 and mendes was completely gassed out, so its not like that clears him. If you fight a guy with bad cardio, that doesnt necessarily mean you have great cardio?

So i will say its insufficient data to make a good prediction if he has good cardio or not. It may be that the increased size left him gassed out as a consequence of increased oxygen demand. In such case i am wrong, but the question still remains. Lets say he has good cardio, but had bad cardio that night, cause we can agree on that, how does he fix this, if he indeed have to fight 5 rounds in another weight class. A weight class he is not used to. Its an issue, you cant run from that. So he has a cardio issue in this particular matchup, i dont like that. Im not putting my hard earned money on that, should i ? Well maybe, but i like to have som evidence at hand. Usually you do as well.
    thing is you believe he came in in that condition, and i believe it was a product of the fight itself, by damage to the lung caused by nate and/or the way he fought like never did before in any other fight......just no reason to logically believe he came in ready to only be good for one round against rda, who he is/was training for, you know..the biggest fight of his carreer.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    LORD, you guys are NUTS, its unbelievable to me that people think like this...

Last edited by JoshKnows46; 04-16-16 at 09:54 AM.

bjpenn85

thing is you believe he came in in that condition, and i believe it was a product of the fight itself, by damage to the lung caused by nate and/or the way he fought like never did before in any other fight......just no reason to logically believe he came in ready to only be good for one round against rda, who he is/was training for, you know..the biggest fight of his carreer.
    Am open to all ideas. It may be a product of the fight itself, or it may be a product of the pace of the fight in combination with conors first attempt at a higher weight class + getting mentally challenged after he saw nates able to take his punch. Its probably not black or white. Its a little bit of this and that like it always is. But Nate can continue to cruise, conor have to make the adjustments, that can turn out good or bad. Meanwhile am not betting either man, but i favour nate as of now.

JoshKnows46

Am open to all ideas. It may be a product of the fight itself, or it may be a product of the pace of the fight in combination with conors first attempt at a higher weight class + getting mentally challenged after he saw nates able to take his punch. Its probably not black or white. Its a little bit of this and that like it always is. But Nate can continue to cruise, conor have to make the adjustments, that can turn out good or bad. Meanwhile am not betting either man, but i favour nate as of now.
    but conor controlled the entire pace of the fight for the first round and a half, pace of the fight is a easy fix, the way he fought is also a easy fix....if the cause of the lose of oxygen was attributed to his muscle gain, then that would be a problem because he needs the muscle for this fight to be sanctioned, so its not like he can come in 155, which would be better for him, not sure why he wants to fight at 170, thats just a added question mark for him....it probable is a combination of al things, but we also disagree in that you think nate can continue to take that left hand over 5 rounds, and i believe connor doesn't need much more then 3 rounds, nearly any other man would have been layed out in that first round, don't let the fact diaz kept standing let you think conor dont have the power to knock anyone out, including nate, he cant take that punishment over a extented period of time, and he can't take that damage once his mobility is trashed with leg kicks and he cant as easily roll with the punches....if you like diaz, just bet him after the 2nd round at the better price, but by that point you'll likely know better as diaz wont be able to walk by then, albeit saving you money....

bjpenn85

but conor controlled the entire pace of the fight for the first round and a half, pace of the fight is a easy fix, the way he fought is also a easy fix....if the cause of the lose of oxygen was attributed to his muscle gain, then that would be a problem because he needs the muscle for this fight to be sanctioned, so its not like he can come in 155, which would be better for him, not sure why he wants to fight at 170, thats just a added question mark for him....it probable is a combination of al things, but we also disagree in that you think nate can continue to take that left hand over 5 rounds, and i believe connor doesn't need much more then 3 rounds, nearly any other man would have been layed out in that first round, don't let the fact diaz kept standing let you think conor dont have the power to knock anyone out, including nate, he cant take that punishment over a extented period of time, and he can't take that damage once his mobility is trashed with leg kicks and he cant as easily roll with the punches....if you like diaz, just bet him after the 2nd round at the better price, but by that point you'll likely know better as diaz wont be able to walk by then, albeit saving you money....
    Nate diaz will probably win by sub or decision, but i cant really see the fight go that far. Probably nate by round 3 4 or dec. Nate diaz is very good though too smell blood. He instantly felt how the complexion of the fight changes and immediately put pressure on conor and never gave him any space to recover. There is also some experience gap here, nate is used to fight high level talent for many years. He cant take those left hands 5 rounds, but it didnt exactly look like conor could either so the advantage early is conor, later diaz. If conor have cardio and a good gameplan he may have the advantage early and late. He should have had the opportunity to come in at 155. 170 is just...guy is crrrrrrazy.

JoshKnows46

Nate diaz will probably win by sub or decision, but i cant really see the fight go that far. Probably nate by round 3 4 or dec. Nate diaz is very good though too smell blood. He instantly felt how the complexion of the fight changes and immediately put pressure on conor and never gave him any space to recover. There is also some experience gap here, nate is used to fight high level talent for many years. He cant take those left hands 5 rounds, but it didnt exactly look like conor could either so the advantage early is conor, later diaz. If conor have cardio and a good gameplan he may have the advantage early and late. He should have had the opportunity to come in at 155. 170 is just...guy is crrrrrrazy.
    he is kinda fukin crazy, maybe too much cocaine. it may be a drastic weight cut to 145, but i believe that weight cut helps him, triggers the crazy in him, its something he is use to, he's was never use to not having to cut, with him already being rich, not having to cut weight anymore, all makes it too comfortable for him, ofcourse he feels more energy and better at 170, but he may need that weight cut mentally more than he thinks,

Bert102
    Bert102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Connor cardio is questionable. Him and Holloway sustain an injury during their fight. Which is the only fight he has gone the distance. He wrestled Holloway to take the decision...

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by Bert102 View Post
    Connor cardio is questionable. Him and Holloway sustain an injury during their fight. Which is the only fight he has gone the distance. He wrestled Holloway to take the decision...
    you can't say a guys cardio is questionable till he proves it is, at 145 and 155 he has never gassed...in general its not questionable, i believe he has fantastic cardio for the pace he fights at, look at the siver and holloway fights, you can say its questionable at 170, i can buy that, but that's a very small sample size. in general, over a career, no..

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i wouldn't worry about the nate backers josh. let them lose their money.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Frankie Edgar and B.J. Penn. Edgar was +600 in the first fight and was +250 in the immediate rematch.
    that's because many people didn't think franky won the 1st fight, myself included. thought bj had at least 3/5 rds in that fight. the 2nd and 3rd obv franky was way better but imo bj won the first fights vs both edgar and gsp. gsp even said himself after the beginning of the first bj fight he was demoralized, and was busted up. then got a couple takedowns and he's the winner somehow

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

btw I think the diaz /mggregor fight will come down almost entirely to leg kicks by connor. he either beats nates legs and wins fairly convincingly (as has been proven effective against nate before) or he doesn't and loses again. leg kicks will be single most important factor I think

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

It's much easier to have good cardio when you're winning the fight. Getting hit, facing adversity, seeing you're not slowing your opponent down, etc... Are all things that sap a fighters cardio.

Conor has a punchers chance. He won't be able to hang with Nate over several rounds.

Once Conor got in trouble he folded fast. He didn't show the heart and toughness of a champion.

I would be shocked if Conor shoots for a TD (unless he wants out again.). He will be at a clear disadvantage. Yes Conor had top control at the end of the 1st but Nate was working and Conor was on the densive. It only lasted 30 seconds.

Lotta talk about Conor but what about Diaz taking the fight on 10 days notice with no camp? He'll be better in the 2nd fight.

When Conor realizes he can't put Nate away, it will demoralize him.

Oh and you say Conor should attack Nate's legs? Conor really doesn't throw roundhouse kicks. He will need to in the 2nd fight.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    It's much easier to have good cardio when you're winning the fight. Getting hit, facing adversity, seeing you're not slowing your opponent down, etc... Are all things that sap a fighters cardio.

Conor has a punchers chance. He won't be able to hang with Nate over several rounds.

Once Conor got in trouble he folded fast. He didn't show the heart and toughness of a champion.

I would be shocked if Conor shoots for a TD (unless he wants out again.). He will be at a clear disadvantage. Yes Conor had top control at the end of the 1st but Nate was working and Conor was on the densive. It only lasted 30 seconds.

Lotta talk about Conor but what about Diaz taking the fight on 10 days notice with no camp? He'll be better in the 2nd fight.

When Conor realizes he can't put Nate away, it will demoralize him.

Oh and you say Conor should attack Nate's legs? Conor really doesn't throw roundhouse kicks. He will need to in the 2nd fight.
    Alright, this is starting to take up alot of my time, and I'm starting to have to repeat myself, so this is gonna be my last responds to this matchup.

On your first paragraph, I agree, but connor was winning the fight to everyone watching exept you and himself. In his mind he was losing because he didn't finish at the end of the first, he came in with the worse possible gameplan and still dominated the first round and a half of the fight, I'll agree he mentally crumbled, but now he knows, now he knows he can't ko everyone, now he knows he needs to come in with a diffrent plan of attack, now he knows he's not gonna finish diaz in the 1st round.

On your 2nd paragraph, I don't think you understand what a punchers chance is, if you did, you'd know that all diaz has is a punchers chance, what that means is the lesser skilled fighter connects with a nicely placed punch on the more skilled fighter, mcgregor showed he was the far better striker and wrestler from the small sample size we saw, diaz hurt him with one punch, the lesser skilled striker found his punch.

On your third paragraph, mcgregor only had too options, he was on wobbly legs, couldn't keep his hands up, he was rocked badly, it was either get kod or turn into a panic wrestler and try to get it down to regain your composer, I will agree that he may be a front runner, but he was put into a position he isn't use to, he's use to fight 145 pounders, now he knows diaz can hurt him, he's coming in with added knowledge he didn't have, which is all he needs, being the much better striker and wrestler as we saw in the first round and a half before diaz cashed in on his punchers chance.

On your third paragraph, Connor wasn't on the defensive, he was heavy on diaz and diaz was looking for subs, but connor was landing gnp, and he's not in a disadvantage on the ground when he's on top and isn't almost knocked out as in the 2nd. I would not be shocked if he shoots takedowns, this will be a huge part of his gameplan in the 2nd fight.

Yes diaz will be better in the 2nd fight, they both will, I weigh mcgregors added knowledge of his opponete, and being the more skilled striker wrestler, top control, higher than I do diaz getting a longer camp, he's always in great condition, both guys will fight a better fight for as long as it lasts, both guys are great finishers when they have a guy hurt, hard to see it going the distance, I see diaz getting dropped with a left in the 3rd and mcgregor smartly going for the sub instead of trying to ko the unkoable with gnp, diaz can't take the punishment he took in the first round and a half over a 3 or 4 round period, after his mobility is taken from him, the body will fall.

On your next paragraph, no won't demorize him if he can't put him away, that happen in the first fight, mcgregor is coming in with a gameplan to chop away at the tree, to control and slow his pace down, make it a long fight and possibly even win by dec, he's not gonna be coming in with the same mindset, and underestimating diaz chin and power, and overestimating his own chin.

You was wrong on Lombard over magny, you was wrong on dariush over chiesa, and you'll be wrong here again, 3 strikes your out, after this fight, you'll need to ask permission from me through pm if your allowed to discuss a fight with me, as you may sway my followers from winning money with your inferior opinions and study of fights.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 04-17-16 at 10:21 PM.

CaptChaos145

Josh, Lombard was a hair away from winning that fight early like I thought he would. Chiesa won but was getting tooled. I was on CUB and you were on Hacran, who won a close split dec against a Green Levan Makishvilli in his last fight.
    You were also BIG on Magny over Maia. I was on Maia. I can go on and on.

You're good at picking fights, props, hedging, winning money etc.. But I'll go fight for fight with you any day of the week.

With that said I never said Conor did not win the first round and a half. He did but Diaz works slowly and he wears on you until you can't take any more. The Diaz Bros fight like a marathon runner not a sprinter. Conor is the rabbit in the marathon and after he takes the lead early the true distance runner will catch him, pass him, and win.

So basically you're saying Conor can out grapple Nate? Not gonna happen. Nate is levels above Conor on the ground. Did you see how easy Nate took Conor down? Conor had no TD defense. You keep saying Conor will take Nate down but Nate will take Conor down and next time he won't get lazy and swept like he did the 1st time. You said Conor landed G&P? Conor landed 1 maybe 2 punches on Nate. Watch the fight CLOSELY. Comor was defending from top control. Nate would have eventually reversed positions on Conor. They were only on the ground for 30 seconds.

Nate's too big and long and skilled for Conor on the ground.
    Yes Nate is the better fighter and Conor has a punchers chance.
    Nate can tko Conor, submit him, G&P for a stoppage, or break Conor. Conor won't break Nate, submit him, or G&P for a stoppage. Conor needs to land the big left or some spinning kick and catch Nate.

Look at it this way.... What if Nate landed the kind of strikes on Conor the way Conor landed on Nate? Conor would have been done before the 1st round ended. As soon as Nate landed a few good shots in the 2nd Conor folded. Nate landed a ton of punches on Cerrone and Cerrone hung in there and finished the fight. Same with Muchael Johnson. Michael took it and fought hard.

Conor is basically very similar to Vitor Belfort. Both can finish you fast but if the fight carries on those guys get weaker. You'll see what happens when Conor keeps fighting. He will struggle in longer fights.

Nate is a different kind of fighter plain and simple. He's simply too tough with a very good skill set and he's a terrible matchup for Conor. You'll see.

CaptChaos145

The Daiz/Conor fight reminded me of Vitor/Couture 1. Everyone wrote Randy off but Randy hung in there and broke Vitor, who was finishing everyone quickly and in devastating fashion.

Then look at their 3rd fight. Randy broke him again.

If Conor can't finish early he's in big trouble. Why you think Conor can/will pace himself better is beyond me. You can't turn a sprinter into a marathon runner and expect him to beat 1 if the best marathon runners out there.

We all learn my brother. When you think you know it all you're in trouble and Joshknows will be taught a valuable lesson in this fight. It's Conor early or it's Conor subbed or TKO'd.

By the way didn't the quick tap alarm you at all? Heck cutie PVZ went to sleep and didn't tap. Conor's a finesse fighter - a sniper. He don't like getting too dirty standing on the front lines. Diaz Is a soldier willing to wage war and fight a dirty ugly fight.

Who'd you rather be in a fox hole with?
    Last edited by CaptChaos145; 04-17-16 at 11:25 PM.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

The Daiz/Conor fight reminded me of Vitor/Couture 1. Everyone wrote Randy off but Randy hung in there and broke Vitor, who was finishing everyone quickly and in devastating fashion.

Then look at their 3rd fight. Randy broke him again.

If Conor can't finish early he's in big trouble. Why you think Conor can/will pace himself better is beyond me. You can't turn a sprinter into a marathon runner and expect him to beat 1 if the best marathon runners out there.

We all learn my brother. When you think you know it all you're in trouble and Joshknows will be taught a valuable lesson in this fight. It's Conor early or it's Conor subbed or TKO'd.

By the way didn't the quick tap alarm you at all? Heck cutie PVZ went to sleep and didn't tap. Conor's a finesse fighter - a sniper. He don't like getting too dirty standing on the front lines. Diaz Is a soldier willing to wage war and fight a dirty ugly fight.

Who'd you rather be in a fox hole with?
    I like this analysis. I think Diaz takes it sometime after the third.

CaptChaos145

Oh and let's not forget the mental warfare Conor wages on everyone. He beat some guys before the fight even started. Siver, Poirier, Aldo, and Mendes were all rattled before the fight even started.

Conor can't say anything now to intimidate Nate. In fact I'm very curious to see what Conor has to say to/about Nate leading up to this fight.

Nate has a ton of material to work with if he chose to play the verbal warfare game. Conor has none. 1 of Conor's biggest weapons will be gone for this fight.

I hope you're thinking this through. Guess what if Conor wins he wins early. If this fight goes 7 minutes it will be all down hill for The Notorious one.

JoshKnows46

You said the same thing in the lombard and dariush fights, if you say that enough times over a 20 fight sample size, you might eventually be right once, but it won't be in this match-up...Betting against JoshKnows is a losing proposition, and you will learn this the hard way, they all learn this.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Oh and let's not forget the mental warfare Conor wages on everyone. He beat some guys before the fight even started. Siver, Poirier, Aldo, and Mendes were all rattled before the fight even started.

Conor can't say anything now to intimidate Nate. In fact I'm very curious to see what Conor has to say to/about Nate leading up to this fight.

Nate has a ton of material to work with if he chose to play the verbal warfare game. Conor has none. 1 of Conor's biggest weapons will be gone for this fight.

I hope you're thinking this through. Guess what if Conor wins he wins early. If this fight goes 7 minutes it will be all down hill for The Notorious one.
    I like a parlay of Diaz and Aldo here at +300. Both won their first fights against these opponents decisively and I think they'll get it done again.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I like a parlay of Diaz and Aldo here at +300. Both won their first fights against these opponents decisively and I think they'll get it done again.
    Frankie wins this fight most likely. Hes the king of rematches and at making adjustments + he won the last round. Fight will probably end like it started. Franke takes over. To much risk in that parlay. Its not like diaz is a lock either, in a fight where he actually lost up until middle of the second round.

First 12345 ... Last