Droz37
    Droz37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Impressive training.

Anyone recognize who this guy is in this video, I don't think I've ever seen him.

https://www.facebook.com/IamAthleteL...5192470863547/

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Impressive but fk thats dumb. Reminds me of Cain's old strength and coaches style.

Case and point why Cain needed surgery to have bone spurs removed on his spine. Important to note that this is not the proper form and this is exactly the type of activities which shorten careers.

McGregor said it perfectly, you should be performing activities which upgrade your software without damaging the hardware.
    Last edited by Mxs1332; 04-07-16 at 11:19 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Mxs1332 View Post
    Impressive but fk thats dumb. Reminds me of Cain's old strength and coaches style.

Case and point why Cain needed surgery to have bone spurs removed on his spine. Important to note that this is not the proper form and this is exactly the type of activities which shorten careers.

McGregor said it perfectly, you should be performing activities which upgrade your software without damaging the hardware.
    Youre not getting a whole lot better as a fighter training heavy kettle bell swing, or squat or even dead lifts. If you cant carry out an excerise the correct way, youre lifting to heavy. Its a shame to see coaches without the proper education /knowledge train these top level athletes.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Droz37 View Post
    Anyone recognize who this guy is in this video, I don't think I've ever seen him.

https://www.facebook.com/IamAthleteL...5192470863547/
    Probably gasses out in 2 minutes, maybe thats why?

Droz37
    Droz37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Mxs1332 View Post

yeah it is pretty stupid, and I remember thinking the same thing when I first seen Cain lifting that kettle-bell... just pointless, I've seen more injuries from kettle-bell swings than they are worth...

Mxs1332

Quote Originally Posted by Droz37 View Post
    yeah it is pretty stupid, and I remember thinking the same thing when I first seen Cain lifting that kettle-bell... just pointless, I've seen more injuries from kettle-bell swings than they are worth...
    Haha true that bro - proper form they're OK but i'm not sure how that translates into MMA exactly? I guess I could see the value added for wrestling in explosive power but this was a fking joke. Joe Grasso is eff'ing clown shoes

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I like when these guys have a barbell on their shoulders with weight plates on it jumping in the air ten times. E very single one I have saw do it beside GSP has come down with back issue. Matt Brown, Shane Darwin to name a few.

Mxs1332

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Youre not getting a whole lot better as a fighter training heavy kettle bell swing, or squat or even dead lifts. If you cant carry out an excerise the correct way, youre lifting to heavy. Its a shame to see coaches without the proper education /knowledge train these top level athletes.
    Moral of the story is... Cain shoulda hired a movement coach. HAHA!!

Mxs1332

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I like when these guys have a barbell on their shoulders with weight plates on it jumping in the air ten times. E very single one I have saw do it beside GSP has come down with back issue. Matt Brown, Shane Darwin to name a few.
    Its hard to argue with that, GSP was the exception in every case. He also didn't really lift that heavy, more of a bodyweight/gymnast approach. Two thumbs up for him though. Dude's still solid as a rock and can kick some ass